Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    One of ours did that recently. At least it was kind of near the toilet. Better luck next time :)

Tyger graced us with a poop in the downstairs loo a couple of weeks ago.
    Luckily for me it's a tiled floor so it was scrubbed and bleached repeatedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Humans shít all the time in our toilet and it's like....right beside the shower. :pac:

I assume that all persons there present jettison into the toilet-bowl in the standard manner. Also, the human persons are rather less likely to carry various interesting diseases such as salmonella, leptospirosis and bubonic plague. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

KatW4 wrote: »
    Gross! We keep all of the upstairs doors closed when we are out so thankfully no shower incidents. We did have one of them poo all over the couch and it wasn't solid.... :eek::mad:

Isn't the shower better than the couch though? It's a non-fabric surface, easily cleaned due to proximity of hot water, and in the room which one is least likely to be dining in.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Humans shít all the time in our toilet and it's like....right beside the shower. :pac:

In some cases humans will just do it right there in the shower.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I assume that all persons there present jettison into the toilet-bowl in the standard manner. Also, the human persons are rather less likely to carry various interesting diseases such as salmonella, leptospirosis and bubonic plague. :pac:

Let me introduce you to my neanderthal brother... I take it you haven't met :)

On the disease issue...I think most of us can say we've caught more diseases from people than we have from animals.

Stop giggling at the back, I'm not talking about STI's :pac:

• Advertisement

In some cases humans will just do it right there in the shower.

Oh god, the to pee or not to pee in the shower debate again :(

Oh god, the to pee or not to pee in the shower debate again :(

FWIW, I think the practice is rank. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Isn't the shower better than the couch though? It's a non-fabric surface, easily cleaned due to proximity of hot water, and in the room which one is least likely to be dining in.:p

You are right! I have no brain sometimes :P

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Tyger graced us with a poop in the downstairs loo a couple of weeks ago.
    Luckily for me it's a tiled floor so it was scrubbed and bleached repeatedly.

Bleach is a funny thing when dealing with cats. Once they pee somewhere they tend to fall in love with said place and keep going back to the smell of ammonia. Bleach actually makes this worse since it too is ammonia. The acetic acid in vinegar will crystallise out the ammonia, and can then be followed with regular cleaner :)

Oh God....why do I know this.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA: Bars of soaps with other peoples pubes embedded in them.

TA: Bars of soap in general.

Does anyone still buy soap??

Except for maybe the prison showers so I hear?

Oh God....why do I know this.... :(

You don't. Bleach is not ammonia, it's usually some sort of peroxide or chlorite. The latter type reacts with ammonia (or vinegar!) to produce tasty treats like nitrogen trichloride. Chlorus acid FTW, bah - napalm in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA - unripe bananas.
    You're too hard and odd tasting*

RIPEN FASTER DAMNIT!!!

*stop sniggering in the back!

You don't. Bleach is not ammonia, it's usually some sort of peroxide or chlorite. The latter type reacts with ammonia (or vinegar!) to produce tasty treats like nitrogen trichloride. Chlorus acid FTW, bah - napalm in the morning!

My f.uckers are still alive.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    TA - unripe bananas.

RIPEN FASTER DAMNIT!!!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

whiskeyman wrote: »
    TA - unripe bananas.

RIPEN FASTER DAMNIT!!!

TA Bananas that ripen prematurely..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gross! We keep all of the upstairs doors closed when we are out so thankfully no shower incidents. We did have one of them poo all over the couch and it wasn't solid.... :eek::mad:

That's odd, your couch is not solid?:D

Whiskeyman place said banana in a brown paper bag with avocado overnight hey presto ripe banana.
    TA can't say Bah nana now except like a Minion from Despicable Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hozier. State of him and his music

Don't the chungwans go all quare for him, Ted? Isn't he like Johnny Depp meets the Hardy Bucks, or somesuch?? :pac:

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    That's odd, your couch is not solid?:D

Not after the cats got at it :D

Not after the cats got at it :D

Dissolved in a flood of ammonia, did it? :pac:

Lexie That's how I feel about your beloved Marshall Mathers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Whiskeyman place said banana in a brown paper bag with avocado overnight hey presto ripe banana.

The lad is going to starve between now and then.

I hate that fcuker. He even looks as if he smells, on the television! :pac:

Dissolved in a flood of ammonia, did it? :pac:

It did... damn ammonia! It's just a wooden base now. So uncomfortable! Such a TA.

Please don't hate on my husband to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Yeah, I thought it was not too shabby - you could see he was even aiming for the plug hole. Not the most solid of animal poop I've had to lift and the stench when I wandered into the room was horrendous but it was relatively easy to vanish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

I was in a restaurant yesterday for some breakfast. The entire place was empty with about 25 tables. Then soon after I ordered from the menu a woman walked in and sat facing me at the very next table. The whole place was empty yet she walked from the door over to the table right next to mine. None of the other tables were good enough for her, up at the window, the other side of the room, in the middle. No, she had to sit facing me at the next table so I would have to look at her every time I glanced up from my breakfast. I moved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Our bitch is in heat, and wandering about splodging blood, then licking it up. I feel nauseous. This is why I can't bear being licked by dogs :(. If it's not bitches licking up their discharge, they are eating gross stuff outside. I'm following her about with a Dettol wipe, uggghhhhh....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Having the worst day of my life. According to the Nutritionist exercising for an hour a day and eating home cooked meals is wrong because there's 'sugar in vegetables'. I'll just go shoot myself and live on fresh air so. You wouldn't eat 'a whole packet of tic tacs would you?' Jesus like heaven forbid two calories might upset you. Of course she doesn't believe in calories which are only the most recognised fcking method of judging food worldwide like. I think I look fine and healthy anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

eternal wrote: »
    Having the worst day of my life. According to the Nutritionist exercising for an hour a day and eating home cooked meals is wrong because there's 'sugar in vegetables'. I'll just go shoot myself and live on fresh air so. You wouldn't eat 'a whole packet of tic tacs would you?' Jesus like heaven forbid two calories might upset you. Of course she doesn't believe in calories which are only the most recognised fcking method of judging food worldwide like. I think I look fine and healthy anyway.

Forget Nutritionists, you should see a dietitian. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist but to be a dietician you have to have a degree. I'd rather take the advice of someone whose done a 4 year university degree instead of someone whose done an online course in bolloxology.

73Cat wrote: »
    Our bitch is in heat, and wandering about splodging blood, then licking it up. I feel nauseous. This is why I can't bear being licked by dogs :(. If it's not bitches licking up their discharge, they are eating gross stuff outside. I'm following her about with a Dettol wipe, uggghhhhh....

We've all had gross stuff in our mouths to be fair

Forget Nutritionists, you should see a dietitian. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist but to be a dietician you have to have a degree. I'd rather take the advice of someone whose done a 4 year university degree instead of someone whose done an online course in bolloxology.

You're right. I'm a trained chef so I have her game with food and she can't catch me out and it's just basically an argument.

Give me her details and let her assess my diet, she'd be running back to you praising you. "You wouldn't eat an entire packet of tic tacs, would you?" Damn right I would, twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If you paid her money, demand it back. That's a con artist right there.

fiachr_a wrote: »
    I was in a restaurant yesterday for some breakfast. The entire place was empty with about 25 tables. Then soon after I ordered from the menu a woman walked in and sat facing me at the very next table. The whole place was empty yet she walked from the door over to the table right next to mine. None of the other tables were good enough for her, up at the window, the other side of the room, in the middle. No, she had to sit facing me at the next table so I would have to look at her every time I glanced up from my breakfast. I moved.

My hero. :)

You saved me the need to post.

TA that I then posted this anyway... :confused:

You saved me the need to post.

TA that I then posted this anyway... :confused:

She didn't know there was fish in Paella. I'm not listening to these so called professionals anymore.

She didn't know there was fish in Paella. I'm not listening to these so called professionals anymore.

Ah jaysus... why were you even seeing her in the first place?

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus... why were you even seeing her in the first place?

Weight gain and I've arthritis so can't run or use the gym properly.

Ah, that's a toughie. I like to eat - so I run off the calories. With my injured foot the last week or so I've been fairly sedentary and I can already feel the weight coming on.

Try a dietitian. Or a personal trainer could be worth a shot, they might be able to find some exercises you could do that won't aggravate your arthritis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Obnoxious Briton on the train with no concept of other people and indoor voices...trapped a poor yank and telling her about US policy...

I want to strangle him! I already asked him to be quiet

Swimming? Anytime I've lost weight honestly it's like 70% diet. Obviously moving is important too, even just a walk for an hour in the evenings. Since about xmas I've dropped 2 sizes because I lost my appetite/was a bit sick. Don't think there's any quick fixes. Input < output

Swimming? Anytime I've lost weight honestly it's like 70% diet. Obviously moving is important too, even just a walk for an hour in the evenings. Since about xmas I've dropped 2 sizes because I lost my appetite/was a bit sick. Don't think there's any quick fixes. Input < output

Swimming is a good shout actually!

Thing is, people often say it's mostly diet - and I'd agree - but if you are making the effort to exercise I find it tends to reinforce good eating habits.

If you go out and burst a gut burning 400 calories running, you're more inclined to look twice at that chocolate brownie and go "Nah, I'll have an apple instead".

Also, if I'm running, swimming, cycling or whatever, I find I'm more inclined to be active in general. More likely to walk somewhere instead of driving, etc.

So really, both go hand in hand in my eyes. Plus you don't run the risk of becoming skinny-fat. :D

:eek:Flicking heck went to the doctor to get lotion for my psoriasis the medicine cost €88 !

:eek:Flicking heck went to the doctor to get lotion for my psoriasis the medicine cost €88 !

Dovobet? Worth every cent

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you meet lads you went to school with and they've shortened their first name e.g. it's not Andrew anymore it's Andy, or it's now Art instead of Arthur.

Yes Lexie here's hoping cos my chin hit the floor

Yes Lexie here's hoping cos my chin hit the floor

Mine is only 63 euro for the big bottle of gel. That's some price difference. It lasts for ages though and is very good.

TA - being so tired all the time feel Like my life is passing me by

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement