Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

How is she now BB?

People who wear high shoes and look like bambi. Either learn to walk correctly or don't bother wearing them. **** or get off the pot. Back straight, bum out, stride. It's not rocket science

On the very odd occasion I find myself at mass, and you see women (the ones with the clacky heels) doing that sort of tip-toe dance thing up the aisle for communion, usually in some sort of purple skirt/jacket combo (with big shoulder pads a la Dynasty) from the '80's, that is three sizes too small, but she still wears cos it cost ninety nine pounds in Clery's sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Morning Titties . What a week. I bashed the new car :( luckily it's not serious .
    Just now I tripped over the bed, fell and whacked my nose off the bed side locker :(

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Morning Titties . What a week. I bashed the new car :( luckily it's not serious .
    Just now I tripped over the bed, fell and whacked my nose off the bed side locker :(

Wow, was that while you were rushing to go home this morning?:eek:

(sorry to hear about the car, whe you say new, brand new?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

MsBubbles wrote: »

Just get back in the bed and dont leave it...much safer that way. Anything else is just not worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Drivers at the front at red lights that don't pull up their handbrake and wait. They constantly edge forward like as if they think the light is about to turn green and they want a head start, but no, there's probably a minute left before they can go. "Any second now, any second" is probably what they're thinking. They edge forward, stop, edge forward, stop, etc, until their entire car is in front of the stop line and they are almost in the way of other traffic before actually using their handbrake. And when the lights go green, they're usually the last people to actually move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hope you're okay Ms B.

My TA is I'm after dropping some sizes in clothes. I had to put on a pair of trousers this am from years ago. It fits perfectly, but then when I bent down the old button popped out and now my pants has no button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate getting a broken sleep. Woke up on and off all night and if the past month is anything to go by, the wanker next door will be having another all nighter with his buddies, thus keeping us awake most of the night tonight.

TA that my boredom threshold is too low today. Bored.

My TA so far today. I went in to a shop earlier to buy a pair of camouflage combat pants,
    and the shop assistant could not find them anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Drivers at the front at red lights that don't pull up their handbrake and wait. They constantly edge forward like as if they think the light is about to turn green and they want a head start, but no, there's probably a minute left before they can go. "Any second now, any second" is probably what they're thinking. They edge forward, stop, edge forward, stop, etc, until their entire car is in front of the stop line and they are almost in the way of other traffic before actually using their handbrake. And when the lights go green, they're usually the last people to actually move.

They should introduce the yellow before the green light here like in the UK. It would help with all the dopey drivers who take ages to get going when they turn green or the ones putting on make up, doing their hair, shaving, reading a book etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Adult children. Stop relying on your mammy to do everything for you. Cop on and grow up. You're 33 ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

DIY, Mr Pumpinseeds and my brother are trying to fix a leak in the kitchen sink plumbing. Some serious Facepalm moments happening here and I'm staying well out of it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

TA..Wine is not my friend :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Colser wrote: »
    TA..Wine is not my friend :(

The wine is a bad lad, only one thing for it fall back at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm over visiting my mother, and she is on Facebook on her i pad. Since when did the older generation become so rude :( !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There was a tissue in with the washing. I am more totally than trivially annoyed now.

Someone wedged really childish drawings in the door at work this am. I was there for 10 and they weren't there, and one of the girls came at 10:15 and it was there when she was there. It's a bad drawing of a woman with writing that I can't really make out that says "I am shiit". (I think, can't make out the s word)

Now I'm paranoid it's the crazy from yesterday although I really doubt it but they're on post it notes, and there's a lot of them? It's strange

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you have to queue in Spar to put milk into your coffee and must wait ages ages because someone else is in a trance stirring their drink 50 times without realising they are holding everyone else up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

73Cat wrote: »
    I'm over visiting my mother, and she is on Facebook on her i pad. Since when did the older generation become so rude :( !

My mam is the exact same she is constantly texting or on facebook. When she is in my house she only really looks up to see if the place is tidy or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

fiachr_a wrote: »
    When you have to queue in Spar to put milk into your coffee and must wait ages ages because someone else is in a trance stirring their drink 50 times without realising they are holding everyone else up.

Oh yes, I used to sometimes get a takeaway coffee on the way into work.
    The milk sugar etc was on a corner ledge, at the back of the shop. The shop was small, but fine so long as people didn't decide to spend five minutes dreamily putting in the sugar, adding milk, possibly chatting to someone else, while completely oblivious to the fact that they were blocking up the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭JanaMay

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Oh yes, I used to sometimes get a takeaway coffee on the way into work.
    The milk sugar etc was on a corner ledge, at the back of the shop. The shop was small, but fine so long as people didn't decide to spend five minutes dreamily putting in the sugar, adding milk, possibly chatting to someone else, while completely oblivious to the fact that they were blocking up the place.

People who are so unaware of their surroundings. We've probably all done it without realising. But I get so annoyed (trivially) when people stop for a chat in places they shouldn't: bottom of escalators, at entrances/exits or on a narrow path right where a pole/signpost/bin is, making it even narrower.

Actually, even more annoying (and less trivial) is when some bright spark in our local council decided to put the bus stop (beside the kerb) right where there was a public bin (against the wall) leaving about 50-60 cm to pass between the two. With the buggy, I have to go onto the road. It must be a nightmare for wheelchair users. Common sense, no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Can't move my arms from Kettle Bell activity. It hurts to browse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Zanablue wrote: »
    My mam is the exact same she is constantly texting or on facebook. When she is in my house she only really looks up to see if the place is tidy or not.

It's unreal , most weeks I only see her once at the weekend, and she's constantly on it! She keeps reading people's status updates to me:(. Then she is always saying she wishes she could see me more. Ha she has literally just said she will miss us when we leave, from over the top of the i. Pad!! Give me strength !!!

Spent the best part of an hour and a half vacuming the car, putting cream on the leather, washing the exterior and waxing it.

Then, as I am on the final job - polishing the wax off-my neighbour...who has a tache....comes over and starts going on at how I should be doing one panel at a time and not waxing in the sunlight.

Pffft. Bugger off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Post op can't wear my glasses. Lazy eye (the one with better vision) covered so can't see TV clearly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Spent the best part of an hour and a half vacuming the car, putting cream on the leather, washing the exterior and waxing it.

Then, as I am on the final job - polishing the wax off-my neighbour...who has a tache....comes over and starts going on at how I should be doing one panel at a time and not waxing in the sunlight.

Pffft. Bugger off!

He's right though.

Pffft. Bugger off!

Everyone knows that anyone with a moustache could not possibly know anything about waxing a car:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Everyone knows that anyone with a moustache could not possibly know anything about waxing a car:D

Oh ar, you can wax my moustache anytime cowboy.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    He's right though.

Depends on the wax. I know Triggy would have read the instructions because he knows people who don't read instructions are a TA to the rest of us.

Though Lexie is probably the expert on waxing here.

• Advertisement

JanaMay wrote: »
    People who are so unaware of their surroundings. We've probably all done it without realising. But I get so annoyed (trivially) when people stop for a chat in places they shouldn't: bottom of escalators, at entrances/exits or on a narrow path right where a pole/signpost/bin is, making it even narrower.

I was just over looking at some showhouses and it was amazing the amount of people that were blocking doorways and stairways not because there was nowhere to go, but because they wanted to have a little chat and feck anyone that was standing behind them. A lot of these people were very aware of their surroundings and were just plain rude.

73Cat wrote: »
    It's unreal , most weeks I only see her once at the weekend, and she's constantly on it! She keeps reading people's status updates to me:(. Then she is always saying she wishes she could see me more. Ha she has literally just said she will miss us when we leave, from over the top of the i. Pad!! Give me strength !!!

My mam does exactly the same, I see her about twice a week and when I do see her she has her face in her phone constantly. The conversation is also about people's status updates and how well this one and that one looks. Then she tries to tell me I don't make an effort and that she never gets to see us. Feel like saying get out of the computer and look at us mam.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    He's right though.

Thats as maybe....but you dont go and tell some lad, the sweat dripping from his forehead, that he is not doing it correctly!
    Having a moustache is a disqualification from giving advice on most subjects IMO.
    Depends on the wax. I know Triggy would have read the instructions because he knows people who don't read instructions are a TA to the rest of us.
    Though Lexie is probably the expert on waxing here.
    Sorry Jaxen Curved Shaver, i was doing it as I have always done it. I cant remember if I read the instructions the first time I waxed a car in 1985...
    Having said that, post waxing- my car is as smooth as one of Lexies clients....and ready for a good ride too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Zanablue wrote: »
    My mam does exactly the same, I see her about twice a week and when I do see her she has her face in her phone constantly. The conversation is also about people's status updates and how well this one and that one looks. Then she tries to tell me I don't make an effort and that she never gets to see us. Feel like saying get out of the computer and look at us mam.

A friend of mind is like that. If we are out for a meal, lunch, whatever, she will answer her phone regardless. I sat in a pub with her one evening, some years ago, while she had a lengthy (trivial) conversation with someone who happened to ring her. I don't bother meeting up with her much anymore. That, and her lateness just got to me, in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

[....and ready for a good ride too. :)[/QUOTE]
    Mind dont burn yourself off the exhaust Trigger...:p

Colser wrote: »
    [....and ready for a good ride too. :)
    Mind dont burn yourself off the exhaust Trigger...:p[/QUOTE]

Honest to God Colser, you have a one track mind. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Someone wedged really childish drawings in the door at work this am. I was there for 10 and they weren't there, and one of the girls came at 10:15 and it was there when she was there. It's a bad drawing of a woman with writing that I can't really make out that says "I am shiit". (I think, can't make out the s word)

Now I'm paranoid it's the crazy from yesterday although I really doubt it but they're on post it notes, and there's a lot of them? It's strange

Pickaxe-handles cost anout a tenner. Just saying. :)

When I miss my train and then the lmii won't come to pick me up from work - having to wait around for 2 hours for another train when I can't even go to the pub or for food

'Tache elicits one of two automatic reactions from me: "Shut up, Flanders!" or the YMCA dance. :)

When I miss my train and then the lmii won't come to pick me up from work - having to wait around for 2 hours for another train when I can't even go to the pub or for food

Come on out to my house. The four year old would love the company. And I can nip out to the pub and leave you two to bond.
    Its a win win!

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Pickaxe-handles cost anout a tenner. Just saying. :)

I don't think it was her, like that's fair childish, so chances are it wasn't her. But I always expect the worst so I'm paranoid it is her. I'll try find the drawings and link

The lady she drew has a big head and big boobs so it could be me

Come on out to my house. The four year old would love the company. And I can nip out to the pub and leave you two to bond.
    Its a win win!

Collect me in your newly waxed car. I would love to mind trigger lite. Come home from the pub to find your bathroom destroyed from our water fight and both of us covered in flour on the kitchen floor!

Collect me in your newly waxed car. I would love to mind trigger lite. Come home from the pub to find your bathroom destroyed from our water fight and both of us covered in flour on the kitchen floor!

Perfect. See you in 10.

Trigmeister, bring Taytos and Dairy Milk for both the small girlies! :)

I like jims advice. He either has a lot of sisters or a lot of daughters!

http://s16.postimg.org/lrh1ql5n9/image.jpg There's one drawing I had to get it from the bin so I'm not rooting out anymore

http://s16.postimg.org/lrh1ql5n9/image.jpg There's one drawing I had to get it from the bin so I'm not rooting out anymore

Cy Twombly wouldn't get a look in with that artistic endeavour.

It looks like a sleeping girl. Don't sweat it kid, as I said she's muckin fental. Few flakes of a pickaxe-handle will sort her, as I alluded to above. Better than ECT!! ;)

'Tache elicits one of two automatic reactions from me: "Shut up, Flanders!" or the YMCA dance. :)

Well, I have had mine for a lot of years, and I ain't shaving it just coz it's not "fashionable", and anyway, Mrs E likes it;)

It looks like a sleeping girl. Don't sweat it kid, as I said she's muckin fental. Few flakes of a pickaxe-handle will sort her, as I alluded to above. Better than ECT!! ;)

Have you seen me I'm only little lol Id be swinging the axe at her knees.
    TA - I tell LMII everything. Like when I puke and puke comes out of my nose, or when i get cramps so bad I actually feel like my womb is being clawed out of me -- there is nothing sacred, I tell him everything. But when stuff happens like yesterday, or when that guy groped me and spat in my face, stuff I really want to tell him, I can't. Because he has this really annoying habit of trying to "fix" things and it's annoying as ****. Santa needs to bring him listening ears for xmas

• Advertisement

Well, I have had mine for a lot of years, and I ain't shaving it just coz it's not "fashionable", and anyway, Mrs E likes it;)

Shut up, Flanders! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement