Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Hope you're okay Ms B.

My TA is I'm after dropping some sizes in clothes. I had to put on a pair of trousers this am from years ago. It fits perfectly, but then when I bent down the old button popped out and now my pants has no button

At least them treggings or whatever you were calling them some time back that you were saying were too tight will fit again...
    And your one that was having the hissy fit at you about her make up, maybe SHE has to be perfect for HER clients, eh?? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

selous wrote: »
    At least them treggings or whatever you were calling them some time back that you were saying were too tight will fit again...
    And your one that was having the hissy fit at you about her make up, maybe SHE has to be perfect for HER clients, eh?? :cool:

My treggings are too big, the bum of them now is so saggy I could put sandbags down there. And that woman was only having her eyebrows and eyelashes dyed, impossible to **** up lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The apartment I'm in doesn't have assigned parking (surprisingly as it's in Dublin) so people can park anywhere. There's 5 spots outside my window.

In the last few weeks 2 new cars appeared in 2 of those spots but turns out they belong to residents in the block on the opposite side - which has the same parking setup - except because the estate is built on a hill, their spots are a pain as doors will swing open/shut being on a steeper incline... hence why they're parking on our side of the street instead.

Park on your own f&cking side! :mad:

My treggings are too big, the bum of them now is so saggy I could put sandbags down there. And that woman was only having her eyebrows and eyelashes dyed, impossible to **** up lol

Probably get caught on the pole she dances on!!!!:eek:

You must be fading away, if ya could put two sand bags down the back of said treggings, mind yourself walking over them water grates, in case you fall down one.:o

It's only temporary!! Some heat out there today!
    http://postimg.org/image/ct3phg833/
    TA it can't be this exact temp all the time. Not too hot not too cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

That's the temperature the A/C is set at !

Seven Worlds will Collide

The one talking on the radio advertising the "Hi and I" weekend at Murphy & Gunn, the what says you, exactly what I said, HYUNDAI Hyundai, not Hi and I, and cause of that, I aint going....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Angelo.J197

Religion and how it separates people. Bloody things done more harm than good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

When you have to pay for something cheap with a 50.
    Feels like being a ww2 pow escapee passing through a German checkpoint with well forged documents.

Papiers bitte.

Ja ja die funfsig ist gut meine freund.

Guten tag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Religion and how it separates people. Bloody things done more harm than good.

It also binds many families and communities. But, to each his own.

TA today is the chaffinch that keeps pecking at my new car. I cover the area he is scratching and he finds another spot. The car is now sitting with an old curtain drapped over most of it. Little fecker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Mrs Happy was at a hen night last night and fell in the door at 4am...and is STILL in bed. TA that my Mrs can party better than I can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

No broadband and the Liverpool game is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

eternal wrote: »
    No broadband and the Liverpool game is on.

I'll keep you updated!

Touré on for Skrtel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

It also binds many families and communities. But, to each his own.

TA today is the chaffinch that keeps pecking at my new car. I cover the area he is scratching and he finds another spot. The car is now sitting with an old curtain drapped over most of it. Little fecker!

Is he pecking at the reflection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Compliments that are really thinly veiled insults - they make me want to poleaxe someone.

"Oh, you look pretty when you wear makeup. You should wear it more often"

" That photo of you is really nice, I'm shocked! "

" I like your apartment. It's ... unusual. Are you looking for a house yet?"

" Oh, you can cook! Wow... "

" Hey, you're actually pretty smart. Huh."

F*ck you!! Basically sad b1tches who go out of their way to make people feel bad about themselves so they can give themselves an ego boost TA the hell out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

There is a woman up the road who keeps giving out to all the kids, my kids are terrified of her. Her own children keep going home to tell stories and then she goes off on one. Her son bashed my daughter last week and my daughter kicked him back and this one laid into her. I put her in her box nicely but if she comes out again I think I am going to let fly. Kids fight and adults should stay out of it. More then trivially annoyed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Is he pecking at the reflection?

Absolutely. But not content with the mirrors - as is the usual problem. He's on the bonnet the doors, boot. When I cover them he's walking around the car until he gets to the chrome around the fog lights. Nowhere is sacred! He's still at it even though the sun is long gone off the car. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

TA that my laptop seems to be loading a bit faster after deleting a lot of uneccessary programs off of it, but it looks like the hard drive is going to end up failing anyway... Ah ffs! :(

Eircom are helpless. They fix my phone and mess up the broadband. Now I can't work or watch anything online. I'll have to change providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Absolutely. But not content with the mirrors - as is the usual problem. He's on the bonnet the doors, boot. When I cover them he's walking around the car until he gets to the chrome around the fog lights. Nowhere is sacred! He's still at it even though the sun is long gone off the car. :(

Never a cat around when you need one! Probably too busy pissing underneath the car.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    I'll keep you updated!

Touré on for Skrtel

Is there to be a replay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

eternal wrote: »
    Is there to be a replay?

Finished 0-0 and was an awful game IMO

And in more bad news, even if you switch providers unless it's UPC you go to, eircom will still own the lines so if something goes wrong expect your new provider to fob you off while they "escalate" to eircom who themselves won't talk to you anymore as you're not their customer. :(

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Missed nothing so. Sunday blues.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

And in more bad news, even if you switch providers unless it's UPC you go to, eircom will still own the lines so if something goes wrong expect your new provider to fob you off while they "escalate" to eircom who themselves won't talk to you anymore as you're not their customer. :(

They are chronic. The BB is always going and I've had no phone for ages. I need both for work. It's ridiculous and my bill is 55 euro a month which is expensive considering their service is dire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

Loosing the keys of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Dozer Dave wrote: »
    Loosing the keys of the car.

That could prove very expensive. Cost me 350 euro last year to get a new key blade and fob for my car. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

Women who refer to their husbands as "hubby, never fail to sound smug / conceited

Utter c#nts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

That walkers ad with Gary Linekar loudly eating crisps. It makes me want to hire a hitman to make him disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

People who constantly start what they're going to say with "Now."

I had a teacher in school who exclaimed "Now!" at the beginning of class before her foot was even halfway in the door. Did my fecking head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Knobs who constantly post pictures of their food online :mad:

• Advertisement

People who post photos of food and call it "fake aways" **** off you knobjockey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Ta that I've lost Mr B for the evening to his new piece of gizmotrology, an android tv stream box

People who post photos of food and call it "fake aways" **** off you knobjockey

What's fake aways?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Kinda inspired by this thread
    Owners who put their dogs in clothes, dogs treated as little humans/surrogate children bug the hell out of me ESPECIALLY when they want to make you feel that you love dogs less than them.
    Dogs are dogs, they like being outside, covered in ****e, running after things in fields..... you know......dog stuff.
    Arrrgh:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Ta that I've lost Mr B for the evening to his new piece of gizmotrology, an android tv stream box

I feel your pain, Ive lost Mr Z to a stream box this evening as well, must be something in the water:P

What's fake aways?

Slimming world/weightwatchers version of takeaways that are point/sin free

Does it matter how "sin free" something is if you're shoving buckets of it into your piehole

Owners who put their dogs in clothes, dogs treated as little humans/surrogate children bug the hell out of me ESPECIALLY when they want to make you feel that you love dogs less than them.
    Dogs are dogs, they like being outside, covered in ****e, running after things in fields..... you know......dog stuff.

http://s16.postimg.org/wi1i7u5o5/image.jpg

He looks pretty content?

But sure what difference does it make to you if someone dresses their dog up etc?

But sure what difference does it make to you if someone dresses their dog up etc?

Makes me think they dont want a dog...thats all

• Advertisement

Makes me think they dont want a dog...thats all

That's not true. My dogs are the most important things in my life. They have coats, they get baths, they have their own bed, the small one is dressed up. They're tucked up with pillows and hotwater bottles when they're sick. They get to sleep with me in my bed if they're unwell. They're hand fed chicken/pork/beef when they won't eat their dog food.

They are so precious, and I would have 100 dogs if I could.

Why have a dog and leave it cold and shivering outside?

That's not true. My dogs are the most important things in my life. They have coats, they get baths, they have their own bed, the small one is dressed up. They're tucked up with pillows and hotwater bottles when they're sick. They get to sleep with me in my bed if they're unwell. They're hand fed chicken/pork/beef when they won't eat their dog food.

They are so precious, and I would have 100 dogs if I could.

Why have a dog and leave it cold and shivering outside?
    I dont. I just dont treat them like ickle babies.
    I let them be dogs.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

This dressing up dogs business reminds me of this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2886165/The-dog-takes-walkies-Chinese-pet-loves-dressed-going-stroll-hind-legs.html

I love dogs as well, and would love one. My brother has two dogs (the third one passed away a few years back), and they are among the most gentle and friendly dogs. They are extremely well looked after (two of three were taken in having been strays).

I can fully understand dogs wearing coats when it's cold, but I don't get the dressing up part (the mentioned two/three would never have been dressed up). Sure, some do like doing it. Some even carry them around in bags (the little dogs like Chihuahuas, for example). These are seen as fashion accessories. They're not, though. They're just animals. There's nothing fashionable about them. Dogs should just be dogs.

Hehe doggy people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The swollen sore eyes after my surgery yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

efb wrote: »
    The swollen sore eyes after my surgery yesterday

Ahh, that's awful, hope you're feeling better soon. :)

• Advertisement

Efb will be winking at all the hot guys soon with his sparkling blue eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lol cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Hope you feel better soon efb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA: being sick all weekend.
    Feel cheated out of a weekend.
    Can't wait to feel better. Need to stop taking for granted what feeling good feels like! Missed doing so many things!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

They drink out of glass bottles in the Coca Cola ads. Not once in my life have I ever seen this outside of a pub or hotel. You can't even buy the coke in glass bottles.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement