Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Mothers Day. Now don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy to buy my mum something for Mothers day, nothing wrong with showing a bit of appreciation. I had planned on some nice flowers and a bottle of her favourite wine. Sorted, or so I thought until she dropped the hint into a casual conversation, that she was running low on her Chanel No5. Fcuks sake, best part of 100 euro.:eek: More fool me, I bought it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Mothers Day. Now don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy to buy my mum something for Mothers day, nothing wrong with showing a bit of appreciation. I had planned on some nice flowers and a bottle of her favourite wine. Sorted, or so I thought until she dropped the hint into a casual conversation, that she was running low on her Chanel No5. Fcuks sake, best part of 100 euro.:eek: More fool me, I bought it.:(

If only they had a day for "people you kinda encountered over the internet" - I would tap you up for a slab of beer.

You're a soft touch woman!

If only they had a day for "people you kinda encountered over the internet" - I would tap you up for a slab of beer.

You're a soft touch woman!

True. It's my wedding anniversary next month, I wonder how she'd react if I said we'd like an all expenses paid weekend away.:D I'm guessing we'd be a long time waiting.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I saw a card the other day "For my wife, on Mother's Day", now wtf is that about. It's Mother's Day, not wife's day, not granny's day, not let's invent another person card day, MOTHERS day.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I saw a card the other day "For my wife, on Mother's Day", now wtf is that about. It's Mother's Day, not wife's day, not granny's day, not let's invent another person card day, MOTHERS day.

Mothers day is a pain in the flabby bits for me.
    My own mum will be expecting a card and random suprise of some sort.
    My wife will be expecting something too from the 4 year old. But he is too small to be making her breakie in bed, buying a card and flowers so that will be down to me too.

I think I may well explode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Trig I share your pain. I buy for The Mammy and Mother in Law sometimes on behalf of the sister for The Mammy.
    Plus christmas and birthday presents for both families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

On the plus side y'all, at least Ye have someone to celebrate it with. Though LOL at mammy pumpkinseeds conning Chanel perfume haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Don't forget the "To my Godmother on Mother's Day" cards :(

73Cat wrote: »
    Don't forget the "To my Godmother on Mother's Day" cards :(

They dont exist? Do they? Say it aint so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

They dont exist? Do they? Say it aint so!

'Fraid so, I've seen em :(. Money grabbing at it's finest.

• Advertisement

On the plus side y'all, at least Ye have someone to celebrate it with. Though LOL at mammy pumpkinseeds conning Chanel perfume haha

Not me, I is an orphan:(

Not me, I is an orphan:(

Same but what doesn't kill makes you stronger!
    I have a irrational hate for feet so won't cut my own nails. I go get pedicures but have the worst tickles ever in my feet, so annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Needing to take a dump immediately after getting out of the shower. :mad:

Its not as bad as having to take a shower after a dump.

Same but what doesn't kill makes you stronger!
    I have a irrational hate for feet so won't cut my own nails. I go get pedicures but have the worst tickles ever in my feet, so annoying

Will we start our own musical?

"The sun will come out.....":D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The wind blew away my bed clothes!! No idea where they have disappeared to. Will have to drive around in a while to search for them. Stupid pegs weren't strong enough :(

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Trig I share your pain. I buy for The Mammy and Mother in Law sometimes on behalf of the sister for The Mammy.
    Plus christmas and birthday presents for both families.

I do the very same, every Christmas, birthday, Fathers day and Mothers day I get gifts on my brothers behalf. I choose the gifts for my in-laws and show them to Mr Pumpkinseeds for his approval before ordering them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The fact that I am 22 mins away from my holidays but the clock is going so slow I think it's actually going backwards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My mother passed away 6 years ago so I don't have her to spoil for it :(

Getting stared at in the shopping centre by some 'thing' dressed like a 2 dollar hooker. White knee high plastic boots, leopard print leggings and neon top, with top knot on her head of course. It must be the Penneys Spring/Summer range for trailer trash.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

NCT blues. Anyone know anything about cars here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

eternal wrote: »

What do ya wanna know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Keep them between the hedges and things are usually grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

A smattering. What appears to be the trouble?

Not so trivial thing, earlier on I was walking through the neighbourhood and one of the neighbours was driving with his son, who can't be more than 10 years old, sat on his lap steering the car.:eek: What the actual fcuk is wrong with these guys? It's a residential area with kids and dogs wandering around and this fcukwit was essentially letting his kid drive, daddy didn't even have his hands anywhere near the steering wheel.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People being imprecise about times. "I'll meet you at a quarter past, half seven" I usually say "so that's a quarter to eight?" If you mean half seven then say half seven. I'm a stickler for punctuality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting stared at in the shopping centre by some 'thing' dressed like a 2 dollar hooker. White knee high plastic boots, leopard print leggings and neon top, with top knot on her head of course. It must be the Penneys Spring/Summer range for trailer trash.:D

Sounds like you were staring at her! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Not so trivial thing, earlier on I was walking through the neighbourhood and one of the neighbours was driving with his son, who can't be more than 10 years old, sat on his lap steering the car.:eek: What the actual fcuk is wrong with these guys? It's a residential area with kids and dogs wandering around and this fcukwit was essentially letting his kid drive, daddy didn't even have his hands anywhere near the steering wheel.:mad:

Obviously not a great idea, but I'd say he had his foot on the brake and virtually nothing could have happened. I'm not saying it's safe or something you'd see me doing, but I'm sure if the kid was rallying towards a cat he would have stopped the car.

Still, idiot for doing it. I'd be more worried about someone else crashing into them and their heads smacking together.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Obviously not a great idea, but I'd say he had his foot on the brake and virtually nothing could have happened. I'm not saying it's safe or something you'd see me doing, but I'm sure if the kid was rallying towards a cat he would have stopped the car.

Still, idiot for doing it. I'd be more worried about someone else crashing into them and their heads smacking together.

That stretch of the neighbourhood is tricky, often you'll get boy racers driving too fast, and it winds around a bit. It just shocked my since you don't really see that kind of thing these days.

Sounds like you were staring at her! ;)

I ended up staring when she kept craning her neck towards me while I was walking in her direction.:D

• Advertisement

I ended up staring when she kept craning her neck towards me while I was walking in her direction.:D

What were you wearing that would interest a three bit hooker?

That stretch of the neighbourhood is tricky, often you'll get boy racers driving too fast, and it winds around a bit. It just shocked my since you don't really see that kind of thing these days.

I'd be more annoyed about the boy racers, but yeah seems like something my brothers would have done with our uncle back in the 80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'd be more annoyed about the boy racers, but yeah seems like something my brothers would have done with our uncle back in the 80s.

Yeah, I did that with my dad back in the day when I was ten of twelve, on virtually deserted rural roads. It's not really a good idea in suburban areas these days.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yeah, I did that with my dad back in the day when I was ten of twelve, on virtually deserted rural roads. It's not really a good idea in suburban areas these days.

Well its obviously not a good idea. the fact the dad didn't have his hands on the wheel wouldn't worry me, but other cars crashing into it would.

What were you wearing that would interest a three bit hooker?

I've no idea.:)

I've no idea.:)

White boots should never be worn, ever. I've never seen a nice pair.

• Advertisement

Ironically enough the boy racers are often dads whose kids would be out playing in the neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Did ya try perfumeclick.ie ??? I get my aftershave on it.

selous wrote: »

Thanks for the tip, I'll remember that next time. As much as I love my mother, she's not backward about coming forward when she wants something.:)

White boots should never be worn, ever. I've never seen a nice pair.

Unless you are an astronaut...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

selous wrote: »

Jesus, first reading of that I thought - "perfumedick? Sounds right dodgy that place!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Jesus, first reading of that I thought - "perfumedick? Sounds right dodgy that place!" :pac:

Are Aldi still doing them E2.99 reading glasses?????
    dear oh dear, although having looked at it again the C and L are a little close.. irk!:eek:

Eau de mickey:D

The cost of keeping kids entertained. I took my little cousin cause her mam had an appointment. We went for ice cream, which she wouldn't eat, instead choosing to suck the crayons the waitress gave her.
    Then we went into the shopping centre, she wanted a balloon. 5.50, then a lollipop, then a pink handbag, and green fairy wings and a wand. Then wanted a go on those kid cars, 2 euro a pop and I couldn't get her off it, until I gave her another euro to throw into the fountain and make a wish. I picked her up and practically ran with her incase something else caught her eye. And she got my white skirt filthy.

I'm not cut out for this kid business at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Ya won't get any of that malarkey with Vivienne!

Sounds like that kid had you wrapped around her little finger. Sucker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Ok lads I'm fuming. One of the biggest junkies knocks on the parents door for money for a 'run' they're doing!
    the father walks away to get money leaving them at the door with it wide open! I'm standing in the background making sure they know I'm there.
    He comes back gives them money and starts chatting.
    They're no more doing a run than the man in the moon!!!!!!

I try to say how serious it is. How vulnerable they are leaving themselves. Turns into a heated row and I'm the one in the wrong for 'tellin them what to do in their own house! '

deise08 wrote: »
    Ok lads I'm fuming. One of the biggest junkies knocks on the parents door for money for a 'run' they're doing!
    the father walks away to get money leaving them at the door with it wide open! I'm standing in the background making sure they know I'm there.
    He comes back gives them money and starts chatting.
    They're no more doing a run than the man in the moon!!!!!!

I try to say how serious it is. How vulnerable they are leaving themselves. Turns into a heated row and I'm the one in the wrong for 'tellin them what to do in their own house! '

The transition from your parents protecting you to you protecting them is not an easy one. My own mum's attitude to personal security would keep me awake at night but there is not much I can do, short of moving 200km to be with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Ah it's so frustrating. .I see the heads every day with the job. the parents live in an 'old' street and as the houses have been emptying, the council are putting in new people.
    I'm starting to see a lot of them up around the area now. It's a completely different street now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

My neighbour is banging doors all night every night and he woke me up this morning at 5 am. He was doing this all through my degree and I had to complain about four times before he stopped but he's started again. I'm starting a second job and I don't think I can handle it. He is a waster who wouldn't know what it was to have a job or know that other people have to do stuff rather than listening to him make noise all night. I am seriously angry about it. Then he goes all shifty when he sees me, where's the axe is all I can say cos I feel female hormonal rage about to take place.

deise08 wrote: »
    Ah it's so frustrating. .I see the heads every day with the job. the parents live in an 'old' street and as the houses have been emptying, the council are putting in new people.
    I'm starting to see a lot of them up around the area now. It's a completely different street now.

It can be scary alright. My town used to be a very safe place, not so much anymore. Some of the stuff that's happened in the town over the past few years is scary and I'm always warning my dad not to go walking in isolated areas alone. He walks with a stick and it makes him vulnerable, of course he doesn't take the slightest bit of notice of my warnings.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement