Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Someone, somewhere put up that they are an "impulse snacker", what a load of horseshíte. You're fat, same as me, stop using Americanised bullshít terminology to try and excuse your overconsumption!

For a minute there I thought our nomadic brethren had broken into the endorsements market and were now endhorsing certain brands of deodorants.

Well, who better really?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Not been paid the correct amount and also late gggggrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

For a minute there I thought our nomadic brethren had broken into the endorsements market and were now endhorsing certain brands of deodorants.

Well, who better really?

:D:D, thats the way I read it too, but I hadnt the balls to say it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I am just big boned.................

Cooeeee!

"soakage"

No, it's not.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Cooeeee!

That's bullying:D

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

This one has to be the most popular trivial annoyance. In a queue for an ATM this afternoon, person at the machine appears to be applying for a mortgage or something. Next person, who has been waiting in line for a decent length of time approaches ATM, and only THEN starts to fooster looking for her card. Why the fook can't you do that while you're waiting and have the card in hand?

Which reminds me, I hate when it's my turn to use the ATM but the screen is still busy saying thanks to the previous person etc and you can't insert your card yet. There is usually someone impatient standing behind me too. Those couple of seconds before you can put your card in, when you're standing like a kn.ob - those are TA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Which reminds me, I hate when it's my turn to use the ATM but the screen is still busy saying thanks to the previous person etc and you can't insert your card yet. There is usually someone impatient standing behind me too. Those couple of seconds before you can put your card in, when you're standing like a kn.ob - those are TA.

Spare a thought for the poor sod standing there waiting to put his knob in and holding his card! :D

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Spare a thought for the poor sod standing there waiting to put his knob in and holding his card! :D

Ah no, I'm cash only :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you buy something and it arrives and it's not in anyway like what you thought it would be. I bought a coat. I could fit four heads in it. I look like a cross between an Eskimo and a deranged hunter wearing my merchandise on my head.

http://tinypic.com/r/2ljnnye/8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

When you buy something and it arrives and it's not in anyway like what you thought it would be. I bought a coat. I could fit four heads in it. I look like a cross between an Eskimo and a deranged hunter wearing my merchandise on my head.

That's quite nice, very "Muscovite". :cool:

It looks like you are wearing Tina Turner's wig:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

idiot parents at the school play. I swear I was the only one without a camcorder, huge Nikon camera or full size i-pad. even worse they kept standing up every few seconds blocking the view :-(
    (the play was for 1st class, so it wasn't some major west end show)

That "in the ghetto" song. Catchy song. I like it and all but who says ghetto? It's "da hood".

• Advertisement

That "in the ghetto" song. Catchy song. I like it and all but who says ghetto? It's "da hood".

Elvis, The King, yer man that you didnt know the other day:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

That's probably one of Elvis's greatest songs.

And it's a great song! Fantastic and catchy. It's just the ghetto part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

idiot parents at the school play. I swear I was the only one without a camcorder, huge Nikon camera or full size i-pad. even worse they kept standing up every few seconds blocking the view :-(
    They drive me insane too..fcuking fools...of course their kids are way more important than ours:rolleyes:Hate them and hate their kids too tbh:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

I wish I could 'thank' this twice!
    On the other hand it would be better posted in a different thread called 'Major things that could just about send you over the edge'

What's the matter with people nowadays that they can't live in the moment and enjoy a live show for what it is without peering at it through a 3" screen and waving their iPads around the place? You see them everywhere - at street entertainment, matches, concerts - even at fatal road accidents apparently.

What are you going to do with that when you get home? Put it up on YouTube? Show it to the neighbours? Trust me they are not interested!

I wouldn't mind but most schools offer a DVD of the school plays anyway. Although even the quality of that is slightly ruined by all those fools blocking the view......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I hear you! Was at the middle child's montessori play yesterday and I'm surprised I was able to stop myself from knocking a few parents out.

We had to wait outside the hall while they got ready and when we were finally called in, well it was a free for all, with people trampling, elbowing and knocking each other out of the way. Then the recording devices began to make their appearance and the frantic, continuous waving at their child while in a half standing half sitting position. This position is abandoned fairly early on when they go into full on stand mode, not giving a fiddlers whose view they are blocking.

There was one dad there, a nice enough guy, but he lost the complete run of himself. He is well over 6ft and he ended up standing on one of the benches the whole way through so he could watch his 3 year old daughter stand around dressed as a Christmas tree while singing off key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Writing Christmas cards. I know it makes me sound lazy but it's just such a boring task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Vel wrote: »
    There was one dad there, a nice enough guy, but he lost the complete run of himself. He is well over 6ft and he ended up standing on one of the benches the whole way through so he could watch his 3 year old daughter stand around dressed as a Christmas tree while singing off key.

Can't stop laughing. I know what you mean though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

People saying "This time next week it'll all be over".
    FOOK OFF.

People saying "This time next week it'll all be over".
    FOOK OFF.

Aren't they the same people that always say 'It's not a bit like Christmas this year.'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I went into our new Iceland today. What a pile of sh*te!!. My head was full of the old Kerry Katona ads, a table laden with every kind of dessert imaginable. Absolutely shag all selection, was gutted. Pizzas bloody everywhere though. Also, I kept trying to slide the lids of the freezers over, like everywhere else, but you have to lift them.

Why is it impossible to get a nice gift box of a nice red and white wine?? I couldn't find one anywhere, and I know I got some a few years back. So much easier to wrap too, rather than single bottles. Wrapping, that's another TA, I would nearly pay someone to do my wrapping:'(

People RSVPing weeks in advance to something then just before event, recieving texts with many excuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wrapping presents aargh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Friday night TV! Absolutely nothing worth watching. 100+ channels of nothing.

efb wrote: »
    Wrapping presents aargh

That reminds me of a Top Tip from Viz years ago:

"Fellas. Next time you have to wrap up a present, don't, because you're sh1te at it.

Give it to the wife and she'll do it properly with extra girlie bows and fiddly bits while you're down the pub."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Dry shampoo. You'd be better off just washing your hair properly. Took me about 15 minutes this morning to get my hair into some sort of order with it. I'd have it washed and dried in the time it took.

Getting the lumps from the barf bag you left on the headboard out of it was it????

selous wrote: »
    Getting the lumps from the barf bag you left on the headboard out of it was it????

No they just combed out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

No they just combed out!

Could have left the carrots in for Rudolph to nibble out!! Soo festive, (BANG)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Flyer28 wrote: »

"Fellas. Next time you have to wrap up a present, don't, because you're sh1te at it.

Give it to the wife and she'll do it properly with extra girlie bows and fiddly bits while you're down the pub."

I'm single and Gay- and not the Will & Grace kind- very macho when it comes to neatness

efb wrote: »
    I'm single and Gay- and not the Will & Grace kind- very macho when it comes to neatness

Whatever.

Flyer28 wrote: »

Its the opposite in my house..OH has the patience to wrap neatly but has to be waited on hand and foot while doing it:rolleyes:Pass the sissors Colser..Wheres the sellotape?...Hold that corner down there..Turns the present around and measures out the exact size paper he needs to cut:mad: FFS just wrap it up in a full sheet and be done with it...it will just be ripped off anyway..Lifes too short for that kinda thing:D

I hate waking up with that woozy hangover feeling, when it's a week since I last had a few drinks. Is it possible to have a food hangover? We had dinner very early yesterday, as OH had work night out. By 8 I was pigging Doritos, and at 10, had a sandwich. Or maybe it's from the fumes off of him when he got home . Either way I feel like crap:'(

73Cat wrote: »
    I hate waking up with that woozy hangover feeling, when it's a week since I last had a few drinks. Is it possible to have a food hangover? We had dinner very early yesterday, as OH had work night out. By 8 I was pigging Doritos, and at 10, had a sandwich. Or maybe it's from the fumes off of him when he got home . Either way I feel like crap:'(
    I have the woozy feeling too but I know why I have it..Me and OH have a child free house for the weekend so I will wake up the same tomorrow hopefully:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The way that people can be vultures with gossip. On the bus home yesterday some bint was gossiping loudly on her phone about some young person from the community who had committed suicide during the week. Absolutely tragic and I can't begin to imagine what the persons family are going through. To listen to her it was the best bit of gossip she's heard all year. I couldn't help wondering what impact it would have on someone who was related to the deceased or friends with them, who was on that bus listening to the bitch gossiping away about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Colser wrote: »
    Its the opposite in my house..OH has the patience to wrap neatly but has to be waited on hand and foot while doing it:rolleyes:Pass the sissors Colser..Wheres the sellotape?...Hold that corner down there..Turns the present around and measures out the exact size paper he needs to cut:mad: FFS just wrap it up in a full sheet and be done with it...it will just be ripped off anyway..Lifes too short for that kinda thing:D

Hi Honey, you never said you were on boards too.
    We'll talk about it more when I get home
    Love you xx

:D

bjork wrote: »
    Hi Honey, you never said you were on boards too.
    We'll talk about it more when I get home
    Love you xx

:D
    Hey Babe...Pick up a bottle of wine on your way...cant wait to talk...;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Having a blocked nose, I never appreciate being able to breathe and taste properly until its taken away from me :(

Colser wrote: »

My most disorganised Christmas was years ago when living at home, and I woke on Christmas morning and realised that not only had I not wrapped any presents but there was no wrapping paper left in the house.

Not one to be thwarted by such a trivial problem, with a stroke of genius that I'm still proud of, I nipped down to the Christmas tree where the pile of presents had been reduced to pile of discarded wrapping paper and scooped it all up. 'Just tidying up for you Mammy', I told my astonished mother before I tore back upstairs and wrapped my presents with '2nd hand' paper.

So there you go. Re-cycled wrapping paper. Probably the 'greenest' moment of my life. I think I might even have reused some name tags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Having a blocked nose, I never appreciate being able to breathe and taste properly until its taken away from me :(

Ah yes the curse of having a head cold! Everything just tastes bland and you have to breathe through your mouth with every bite. Torture! :(

I am down to my last few pairs of jeans. This is because I am rather short, and can't find any to fit. Unless I want to wear skinny jeans, and look like Rumplestiltskin off the Ladybird book. They look great on everyone else but crap on me. I'm going out later, and it's bad enough that my best jeans, which I have managed not to destroy by walking on them yet, are still damp. But a little c**ksucker of a bird has sh*t all down one leg of them. One of the very same birds that I lovingly fed today, no doubt. So do I grab a wet wipe, and rub it off, and pretend it never happened? Or wear my old, almost threadbare jeans. TA is the tip of the iceberg:'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Wetwipe it - it'll be grand! It's dark out anyway :)

My TA also involves clothes for going out. I'm 4 months pregnant and at that annoying stage where people looking at me wouldn't be sure whether I am fat or pregnant so everything I've put in to got out looks ridiculous. I might just sit down all night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Having an unusual surname and having to spell it out EVERY time I give my name.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Having an unusual surname and having to spell it out EVERY time I give my name.

worse is when someone has a run of the mill name, and insist on spelling it for you. Thats Mary Murphy, M A R Y M U R P H Y .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Staplers and the ease at which they jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    worse is when someone has a run of the mill name, and insist on spelling it for you. Thats Mary Murphy, M A R Y M U R P H Y .....

Agreed!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement