Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'll never have legs like her lol, I gained 1.5 lbs this week from eating dinner EVERY night. That's TA actually, the sheer effort of having to prepare meals. There's a lot to be said for bunging something in the microwave for five minutes and being done with it

Lexie, if you don't mind my saying your legs are very shapely and healthy-looking. I can't fathom what you'd want with a pair like something from the Christmas leftovers, only a worse colour! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I'll never have legs like her lol, I gained 1.5 lbs this week from eating dinner EVERY night. That's TA actually, the sheer effort of having to prepare meals. There's a lot to be said for bunging something in the microwave for five minutes and being done with it
    Those famous people have personal trainers and the whole lot, you have to eat dinner every day or you will be starving your body of nutrients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

eternal wrote: »
    Those famous people have personal trainers and the whole lot, you have to eat dinner every day or you will be starving your body of nutrients.

I actually couldnt be bothered. I like food too much. And it's not by choice I wasn't eating dinner, I don't get home til after 9 so by then the last thing I want to do is start cooking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I actually couldnt be bothered. I like food too much. And it's not by choice I wasn't eating dinner, I don't get home til after 9 so by then the last thing I want to do is start cooking

This is why I have Apache on speed dial. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I dunno Eisy, I suspect hers cost much more than mine!

Ok, they probably don't come in a ten anyway :D

But they are nice.

They're beautiful. Id wear them to bed if I could. Lmii didn't like them with the dresses, said to wear shoes instead, but I really want the boots!

Mod

Lads, this thread is currently nothing but a chat thread. We've already had to lock a few of those of late and if ye continue on the way ye are going with this, it will be locked too.

Chat threads are not welcome in AH, there has been a lot of feedback on this over the years and it's not going to change any time soon.

So if you want this thread left open, please revert back to its original purpose stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My jeans keep making farty noises as I walk!

Some people have an alarmingly tenuous grasp of basic arithmetic. For example the case of a person I met today who had a lucky fiver on a nag at 9/2. "Not too shabby, a cool €22.50!". "Err, €27.50, sure me fiver back, like." "You mean the fiver you had the whole time, before you gave it to the bookie??" Grrrr... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

jimgoose wrote: »
    Some people have an alarmingly tenuous grasp of basic arithmetic. For example the case of a person I met today who had a lucky fiver on a nag at 9/2. "Not too shabby, a cool €22.50!". "Err, €27.50, sure me fiver back, like." "You mean the fiver you had the whole time, before you gave it to the bookie??" Grrrr... :mad:

Yea but as soon as you hand it to the bookie it's dead money.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »

This is exactly what I'm talking about, and partly why you seldom see people who spend a lot of time in bookmakers' premises prosper financially. In the case where a bet is won (by the punter, not as is usually the case by the House) the fiver is in fact the cost of goods sold, as 'twere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,626 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Dead? Really? This is real life where things don't come back to life. The money can come back you know, believe me.

Dead? Really? This is real life where things don't come back to life. The money can come back you know, believe me.

But if you hand over €5 to a bookies your new zero reference is -5 so it's dead money in that if you get it back it's all profit.

But if you hand over €5 to a bookies your new zero reference is -5 so it's dead money in that if you get it back it's all profit.

Your zero reference is €-5 unless and until you win the wager, in which case the profit is what the bookie pays you minus your initial outlay. Why do people think like this?? :confused:

Your zero reference is €-5 unless and until you win the wager, in which case the profit is what the bookie pays you minus your initial outlay. Why do people think like this?? :confused:

Because it's the only sane way to handle gambling. Otherwise you are constantly going into the red, with little hope of coming out of it.

Never bet more than you can afford to walk away without.

Because it's the only sane way to handle gambling. Otherwise you are constantly going into the red, with little hope of coming out of it.

Never bet more than you can afford to walk away without.

There is no sane way to handle gambling, therefore one must find an insane way to do so. Ah. That's better, that makes sense. :pac:

I'm upset that my fatigue is stopping me from going to events and that people may not understand this.

There was some wretched bloody woman on the wireless before lunch there as a Technology Expert, saints preserve us. She was saying how computers get slower and more crocked the more you install software on them, so everyone should get about themselves and install their iTuneses on the Cloud. I fcuked out Windows years ago in favour of operating systems that work, upon which you can actually do mad things like install applications and store data without the stupid, bug-ridden, badly-designed piece of excrement duck-walking all over its filesystems or the kernel getting so befuddled by all this data that it just goes of to Muppetland. Why oh why do people put up with this in this day-and-age?? :mad:

Trying to book flights, trying to take into consideration layovers, direct flights, all different prices everywhere I look. When airlines have no option to change the currency from dollars to euro. Life would be much more straightforward if companies were consistent. My heads that wrecked I'm not even bothered to book it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

This morning, I forgot something and had to return home to get it. As I am pulling up outside my house, there is a woman with a dog on a leash, taking a sh1t (the dog, not the woman) on the grass immediately in front of my house. She knew she had been rumbled and made a pretence and picking it up, and went o go on her merry way.

"Do you intend to leave that there?" I asked
    "It's diarrhea" sez she (I am not a vet, but it was not diarrhea - it looked like a Lion bar)
    "Ok, but do you intend to leave it there?
    "IT'S DIARRHEA"
    "Would you like a bag to put it in?"
    She looks at me as if I mad and ask "Is there something wrong with you, have you nothing better to do with your time" and strides off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

travelling on M50 t'other day and seen a driving instructor in fully emblazoned L car (no learner in it) driving in middle lane not a thing to his left side on his phone, fine example to set.

Yesterday morn seen a poor little fecker on a moped in the middle lane on M50 getting blown every which way in the wind, back light barely visible in the dark, cars flying by him on both sides, bloody dangerous, would have been safer driving in the left (and correct) lane.
    Wonder if he /she made it to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

TA that I've lost my taste for lion bars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

My daughters use my phone to watch youtube videos so now my recommendations are clogged with My Little Pony, Frozen and Minecraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

My daughters use my phone to watch youtube videos so now my recommendations are clogged with My Little Pony, Frozen and Minecraft.

You may not know this, but you can delete that stuff from you watch history in a browser when you log in, just go to History and X whatever you want to see the back of

selous wrote: »
    travelling on M50 t'other day and seen a driving instructor in fully emblazoned L car (no learner in it) driving in middle lane not a thing to his left side on his phone, fine example to set.

Yesterday morn seen a poor little fecker on a moped in the middle lane on M50 getting blown every which way in the wind, back light barely visible in the dark, cars flying by him on both sides, bloody dangerous, would have been safer driving in the left (and correct) lane.
    Wonder if he /she made it to work?

Heh - poor little dude/dudette. Those little 50cc mopeds are illegal on motorways, with good reason. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Feckin' lawnmower started on third pull despite being left untouched since last October, so I had no excuse not to tackle the lawn (which is growing at an alarming rate) Damn Japanese engines

Seven Worlds will Collide

Heh - poor little dude/dudette. Those little 50cc mopeds are illegal on motorways, with good reason. :)

Are they?? probably thought they were safe at 5.30am, the wind was unreal on it,

Are they?? probably thought they were safe at 5.30am, the wind was unreal on it,

Yes. I must confess I used to use motorways on a provisional license...

...on an FZR1000, at 130mph, back in the early 2000s. Ole Jim was mighty bad then, an' Ah sho' knows it wuz a-wrong. :)

Rude people, there seems to be double of the usual amount so far this month

Yes. I must confess I used to use motorways on a provisional license...

...on an FZR1000, at 130mph, back in the early 2000s. Ole Jim was mighty bad then, an' Ah sho' knows it wuz a-wrong. :)

And to coin an old phrase "sure it's only illegal when you're caught".....:rolleyes:

A guy that's works with me hasn't taxed his car (a 00 reg) in years and nct expired in 2011, fecker hasn't been caught or fined, uses that phrase when I comment, and boy does that T.A me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Evening Titties. Annoyed cos although I'm really tired now as soon as I get into bed I'm wide awake :(

And to coin an old phrase "sure it's only illegal when you're caught".....:rolleyes:

A guy that's works with me hasn't taxed his car (a 00 reg) in years and nct expired in 2011, fecker hasn't been caught or fined, uses that phrase when I comment, and boy does that T.A me...

Ooh, roll-eyes - I can taste the outrage! I'll get on to that impostor in Australia - he'll run him down nice and fast! ;)

Being hassled by junkies every couple of feet. Get off the train, can't get onto the luas without someone asking for "spaure chaaynge". Get off the luas, asked at least twice on the way to work. This evening, one haunt wandering around with a sleeping bag over his shoulders approaching people for cash. Literally ten steps ahead, another one approaches, asking for cash too. Sicken you

Being hassled by junkies every couple of feet. Get off the train, can't get onto the luas without someone asking for "spaure chaaynge". Get off the luas, asked at least twice on the way to work. This evening, one haunt wandering around with a sleeping bag over his shoulders approaching people for cash. Literally ten steps ahead, another one approaches, asking for cash too. Sicken you

There's a thread here somewhere, describing their experiences on the redline, eye-opening it is, or eye popping I should say.. swear the K9 squad should be allowed board and patrol it, has to be hurting it's reputation,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

It isn't a stupid convention. The years 0 - 99 AD are the First Century, same as the first sixty seconds of a rugby match are the first minute. What else would it be?? :pac:

Passenger: "How much would it cost to take me to Galway?"

Taxi driver: "Can't say exactly, but it will be somewhere in the eighties."

Passenger: "So....somewhere between ninety and a hundred euro?"

Taxi driver: "Have you got drink taken?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Feckin' lawnmower started on third pull despite being left untouched since last October, so I had no excuse not to tackle the lawn (which is growing at an alarming rate) Damn Japanese engines

Name, address and a tenner and I'll put sugar in your tank.

I'm afraid I'm going to break the thread due to being unsure of what constitutes as chat or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Having to refer to something that happened in 1900 - 1999 as being twentieth century.
    The mental adjustment required to work out what constituted a 16th century event, (is it 15 something or 17 something?) just does my head in.
    How did this stupid convention gain traction?

It's a perfectly logical convention.
    What annoyed me was celebrating the new millennium going in to 2000 when it should have been 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I've not worked since Wednesday, so off I went to work today 9am till 3pm, lovely day. But now I am wrecked! I'm in bed because I'm too tired to do anything.

I'm guilty that I can't play with my kitten anymore either for fear I'll fall asleep and she will scratch my face!

Also can't stand when people ask for your advice, refuse to take it and then when they've gotten themselves into bother, they come running back to you to sort it out. Listen in the first place and stop being so bloody stubborn.

This whole evening is a TA :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Got myself all anoyed because I have a 8am meeting tomorrow. But now realise I got the timezones mixed up and it does not start until 10. TA at my own stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Two NCT related annoyances:
    1) My car is >10 years old so I have to get it done every year now.
    2) the car is supposed to be clean, but my nearest car wash was closed, so I had to give it a wash in the dark this evening. That just made me look weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    This morning, I forgot something and had to return home to get it. As I am pulling up outside my house, there is a woman with a dog on a leash, taking a sh1t (the dog, not the woman) on the grass immediately in front of my house. She knew she had been rumbled and made a pretence and picking it up, and went o go on her merry way.

"It's diarrhea" sez she (I am not a vet, but it was not diarrhea - it looked like a Lion bar)
    "IT'S DIARRHEA"
    She looks at me as if I mad and ask "Is there something wrong with you, have you nothing better to do with your time" and strides off.

Dirty b1tch!

I was walking to the local shop this evening and there was more than one 'Lion bar' on the path. Disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People monopolising the foot paths. I went for a walk earlier on and there was a group of runners, about a dozen or so of them, totally hogging the foot path. I'd gotten up a fair bit of speed but I had to slow down as I couldn't get passed them and it's a really long straight stretch of road. I gave up and skipped my second circuit. Gonna have to go out earlier from now on. They should be on the road, no point being kitted out in reflective clothing but running on the paths.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

eisenberg1 wrote: »

"IT'S DIARRHEA"

Get outa my brain.

Exact same thing happened to me the other day. (Only diff is that I was coming home from work.) Anyway, this wan was standing on my front lawn, watching her precious pooch take a big ole massive dump on the grass. She had the good grace to at least look mildly apologetic about it all. But then she ruined it by saying the dog had been sick, was on medication and had diarrhea from the meds.

" Grand " sez I.

" So if you knew in advance that there was good chance of your dog needing to take crap when ye were out and about, YOU BROUGHT BAGGIES WITH YOU TO CLEAN UP THE MESS, RIGHT, AM I RIGHT? "

(I mean even a 2 yr old could figure out the logic of that, right?)

The looks she gives me....it's like I am some sort of dog hating Nazi.....

So in I go into my house and I have to find a plastic bag and some paper towels. I hand them to her and she acts like ME requiring her to clear up HER dogs mess from MY grass, is the worst thing in the world.

People like her give the good dog owners a bad name. The sad part is that she is utterly clueless and in her mind, I am probably the bad guy. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My fcuking neighbour, AGAIN.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

When my housemate stands outside the bathroom talking to me while I'm brushing my teeth. How exactly am I supposed to respond to you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

People texting and walking, get out of my ****ing way.

I have developed one of these blasted early Spring head-colds. I must admit this is affecting my usual mallet-headed, optimistic joie de vivre somewhat just at the moment. :mad:

Today it is raining. In fact, it has been raining all night. At the moment around here, as soon as you step off pavement or asphalt, you're up to your knees in swamp. Hence I do not see the necessity for comments such as "Mornin' JG! The ground needed the drop a' rain, hah??" Just fcuk off.

• Advertisement

Trying to decide on a wedding venue. He has where he wants to go, I have no idea anymore and all the really nice ones that I like are really far away

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement