Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Jim I with ya. I'm luckily enough to have good sight so I can see the rain. Ya bleedin dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Jim I with ya. I'm luckily enough to have good sight so I can see the rain. Ya bleedin dope

I am not a dope! It is occasionally necessary to go off-roading when in transit between the car and the house/office/shop!! :D

Jim you're not a dope. The people talking about the rain are dopes !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Not paying attention and missing my stop ffs runaway bus
    Being such a simpleton is an awful hindrance

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Jim you're not a dope. The people talking about the rain are dopes !

Oh, I see. Yes, of course. Seeing the rain is not a problem, not drowning is proving a little tricky! :D

• Advertisement

Not paying attention and missing my stop ffs runaway bus
    Being such a simpleton is an awful hindrance

Lexie I'm annoyed at you now because you're not a simpleton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

All the talk about Cheltenham on radio. We're not all into betting thank you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

The neighbours. One guy has been wearing the same t-shirt and jeans for over three years, the exact same outfit come Summer or Winter, a t-shirt. Another has the same bag attached to him for over three years, I will surgically remove the bag myself just for peace of mind. You couldn't make it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm annoyed by DHL's lack of updating on parcel tracking. It's 4pm on Wednesday and the most recent update of my parcel was 3pm on Monday. That is fricking useless to me. I want to know where my package is now and when it will be delivered this week, it's been telling me the same info for the past 2 days.:mad:

eternal ew. the same outfit is gross.
    Pumpkinseeds get massively annoyed by so called 'track your parcel' cos it never ever works for me I had one parcel that displayed the same information for 3 weeks :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I got bank charges for this period. 50 euros. I am speechless.

eternal wrote: »
    I got bank charges for this period. 50 euros. I am speechless.

See, this is where we plebs go wrong. What we should be doing is borrowing tens of millions of euro that we can't pay back then hiding out in our 'bog standard' 7 million euro estate in Killiney refusing to leave and refusing to pay our debts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

An Post sent me an email today to say they've delivered my parcel. Whoever took it has signed my name but spelled my surname wrong. I have no idea who has it, there was no one in my house all day! How can they let someone else from a different house sign MY name? I better get that parcel... It was 3 new books :(

See, this is where we plebs go wrong. What we should be doing is borrowing tens of millions of euro that we can't pay back then hiding out in our 'bog standard' 7 million euro estate in Killiney refusing to leave and refusing to pay our debts. :D[/QUOTE]

Pseeds do not get me started. If it were an ordinary family home the family would be out on the streets in a heartbeat but because clever clogs (who flies in from england to attend court) knows how to work the system he's milking it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

There is a bush outside the back wall of my house and some dirty ****er keeps hanging blue dog**** bags from it. When I bring my dog for a walk I pick up after him and find a bin why can't they do the same. People are so dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Eh.. Ok. Some man is standing on our fire escape drilling outside our window. I have no f*cking clue why. Isn't it lovely to be told things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Maybe he's roleplaying as a woodpecker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am so TA that I am having a great week betting I the races but am in pesky Switzerland and have to use the text updates to get news of each race. Boo to this carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

TA that I recorded a program but the sound and picture are out of sync by a few seconds. It isn't much but it's really annoying to watch when the sound is slightly ahead of when the actors speak. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

KatW4 wrote: »
    An Post sent me an email today to say they've delivered my parcel. Whoever took it has signed my name but spelled my surname wrong. I have no idea who has it, there was no one in my house all day! How can they let someone else from a different house sign MY name? I better get that parcel... It was 3 new books :(

My postman signs for mine and hides it, (with my permission), but would get a serious bolloking if powers that be found out, he cant get spelling of my name right, so if I sign for it do I spell it his way or the proper way?? He won't sign for letters as he says, "I don't know what you've been up to", So try n catch him see where the packet is, before going official..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The complete and utter gob****es, usually referred to as rubberneckers, that cause unnecessary delays for drivers that actually want to get home after a hard day's work. Like on the M50 north this evening. Long delays due to the sort of morons mentioned looking at an accident on the other side. Well, these will cause accidents too, if they don't pay attention to what's in front of them.

selous wrote:
    My postman signs for mine and hides it, (with my permission), but would get a serious bolloking if powers that be found out, he cant get spelling of my name right, so if I sign for it do I spell it his way or the proper way?? He won't sign for letters as he says, "I don't know what you've been up to", So try n catch him see where the packet is, before going official..

It turns out that he was doing the same! He took it home and brought it it to my mum's house this evening! I dunno what way to spell it!Maybe make it a bit of a scribble so no one will know ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Fcuking soarvirw tv remote gone missing :(

What kind a of a Moran manages to lose one......why would you not keep the two together :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

The severe lack of single women in work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

TA by people who see rain & put on the hat, scarf & duffel coat without checking the outside temperature.
    They walk around being great sweaty lumps for the day.
    If it's cold - hat scarf & duffel coat.
    If it's raining (& as mild as it was today) brolly!!

The constant monthly financial outgoings exceeding the monthly incomings is getting really tedious now. I think I've forgotten what disposable income looks like. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Stupid android update seems to have messed up my phone a bit.

Also TA that none of the street lights in the street around the corner seem to be working at the moment and I had to go home on my own in the dark tonight. Never got through that street so quickly before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Shearing an exhaust bolt.

Shearing an exhaust bolt.

29.9 it out
    Never fails

• Advertisement

29.9 it out
    Never fails

What is 29.9?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bigotry and prejudice against travellers on boards being let go

What is 29.9?

Stainless steel welding rod (think that's the correct number).....gives a stronger type weld....use spring steel

I got a few exhaust studs that were sheared at the head or into the head of an engine last week

Stainless steel welding rod (think that's the correct number).....gives a stronger type weld....use spring steel

The stud is soft out, if i did weld on a bolt it would shear again. Ill give it heat tomorrow and failing that ill drill and tap it.

The stud is soft out, if i did weld on a bolt it would shear again. Ill give it heat tomorrow and failing that ill drill and tap it.

This is special welding rod (don't Ask me to ezplain the heat/way it works)...it will 100% work...
    It like binds with the steel better or something....Google/YouTube it....all going well it'll put your drilling and taping days almost forever behind you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Eh.. Ok. Some man is standing on our fire escape drilling outside our window. I have no f*cking clue why. Isn't it lovely to be told things!

My husband let someone clean our gutters, while I was in the shower. I got out of the shower, stripped off in my room and was putting moisturiser on and some bloke pops his head up outside my window.
    My husband couldn't understand why I was annoyed. He knew I was going to be in our room naked after my shower, and knew some guy would be going up a ladder. Didn't think to tell me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My housemate's brain seems wired to give endorphins when he speaks, regardless of the content. He has a tendency to talk complete inane rubbish. When telling a story, he seems to loop over and tell the same thing about 2-3 times and it's hard to get away from him. I've actually taken to just walking out of the room mid-conversation.

He meets me as I walk in the front door. He asks "are you just in now?". No, I've been sitting outside for 3 hours for the laugh!

He orders takeaway, sits down to eat it and when I walk in the door, he says "I'm got food just now". No, you got food 3 hours ago and you're just eating it now? Bloody hell.

The phrase "I'm trying to help you", did I ask you for help? Do I need your help? No I dont. Stop ramming unsolicited help down people's throats

I was cleaning gutters earlier and had a fine view in the window, just about to take a photo and the battery in the iphone dies.

Paranoia. After being robbed a few times in the last few months, every noise freaks me out. My boyfriend ends up searching the whole house and outside just to put our minds at ease.

Paranoia. After being robbed a few times in the last few months, every noise freaks me out. My boyfriend ends up searching the whole house and outside just to put our minds at ease.

I can imagine, I'm pretty paranoid too but have never been robbed here. At least he searches for you, that's love :) my husband tells me to feck off when I ask him to check the wardrobe for murderers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I can imagine, I'm pretty paranoid too but have never been robbed here. At least he searches for you, that's love :) my husband tells me to feck off when I ask him to check the wardrobe for murderers.

My girlfriend takes actual precautions against murderers too. Like, when I get home from work I open the door to the apartment, walk in, switch on the light, take off my coat, etc. and the door swings shut behind me.

She walks in, turns around, and closes the door. In case a murderer follows her in.

Girl watches too much CSI.

My girlfriend takes actual precautions against murderers too. Like, when I get home from work I open the door to the apartment, walk in, switch on the light, take off my coat, etc. and the door swings shut behind me.

She walks in, turns around, and closes the door. In case a murderer follows her in.

Girl watches too much CSI.

I'd say the majority of us turn off the light downstairs and then run up the stairs in case the murderer tries to catch us. That's a fact, maybe.

Jeez, that's awful. I'm not surpised you're feeling paranoid, sometimes a dose of paranoia can be a good thing.

The sheer irresponsibility of some people. My brother text me yesterday to tell me he was "going off" for a few days. After all the tantrums he threw to be the one carrying on with the farm, we went out there this morning -- they've no silage or had no water. Filled up their water but I won't be able to feed them until later tonight. How does such a thing not even cross someone's mind?

The sheer irresponsibility of some people. My brother text me yesterday to tell me he was "going off" for a few days. After all the tantrums he threw to be the one carrying on with the farm, we went out there this morning -- they've no silage or had no water. Filled up their water but I won't be able to feed them until later tonight. How does such a thing not even cross someone's mind?

I like the way you didn't even mention the word "cows" or "cattle", you're such a farm-girl at heart it was so innate in you sure what else would you be talking about, Bridie! :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    I like the way you didn't even mention the word "cows" or "cattle", you're such a farm-girl at heart it was so innate in you sure what else would you be talking about, Bridie! :pac:

Should see me on the new holland Jim! Would bring a tear to a glass eye

PandaPoo wrote:
    I can imagine, I'm pretty paranoid too but have never been robbed here. At least he searches for you, that's love  my husband tells me to feck off when I ask him to check the wardrobe for murderers.

Oh he wasn't too happy but he would prefer to be safe than sorry! It's am awful feeling! Murderers in the wardrobe is a serious fear!!

Pumpkinseeds, I agree that paranoia can be good! Before Christmas my mums handbag was stolen as soon as she got into her car. A couple of weeks later, a guy started following us and only that we were paranoid from her bag being taken, we wouldn't have been so cautious around him.

I hate people who think it's okay to take other people's things without thinking of the effects. It's more than a TA really.

Should see me on the new holland Jim! Would bring a tear to a glass eye

Fair play Lexie. You're a young farmer's dream woman !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I hate when a writer feels like he/she has to remind the reader over and over and over about a particular fact. In the book I'm reading at the moment, the two main characters are twins. This fact is mentioned every time there's an interaction between these two characters. Also, the twins' relationship is starting to get strained and they're drifting apart. The writer also mentions this every time the two characters interact. It's as if he assumes that the reader is an idiot who can't retain these particular pieces of information for more than a page or two. I have rolled my eyes so much reading it, they might get stuck up there!

Rosie you're reading Sweet Valley High again aren't you ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement