Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I hate when a writer feels like he/she has to remind the reader over and over and over about a particular fact. In the book I'm reading at the moment, the two main characters are twins. This fact is mentioned every time there's an interaction between these two characters. Also, the twins' relationship is starting to get strained and they're drifting apart. The writer also mentions this every time the two characters interact. It's as if he assumes that the reader is an idiot who can't retain these particular pieces of information for more than a page or two. I have rolled my eyes so much reading it, they might get stuck up there!

Hate that so much too. Ever find yourself shouting at the pages?

'Yes we know they're fcuken twins, stop going on about it!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that it is thursday. Fridays unwanted sibling. It is raining outside and people at work keep asking me questions, work related questions! But on the plus side the lass who sits opposite brought a cheese cake in and I will be getting some later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Ta at my cat, Tyger opened the door and came into the bedroom at 5am I shooed him away but he came back again.
    Poor little fella wanted to go out but I couldn't get back to sleep :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA that it is thursday. Fridays unwanted sibling. It is raining outside and people at work keep asking me questions, work related questions! But on the plus side the lass who sits opposite brought a cheese cake in and I will be getting some later!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Held the door open for a person last night as they were coming out of a takeaway with their hands full. No acknowledgement whatsoever as they passed me out as to me being there at all, straight past me. She had seen me as she turned away from the till though.

I was brought up to be courteous but recently there's a serious lack of any good manners in a lot of generations in both sexes. I'm never again holding a door open, sick of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Should see me on the new holland Jim! Would bring a tear to a glass eye

Hup ourra dat!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Hate that so much too. Ever find yourself shouting at the pages?

'Yes we know they're fcuken twins, stop going on about it!'

Yes! Well, it's more like a demented whisper.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Rosie you're reading Sweet Valley High again aren't you ?

Haha, no! I will now have the theme song for the show in my head for the rest of the day, however. Thanks for that Mademoiselle Bulles :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I'm really comfy in bed and I'm dying to pee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The other evening I saw a group of lads, about 8 of them, getting off a bus together, ALL of them were staring at the screens of their phones and tbh it actually looked a bit creepy watching them walking along together in silence just staring at the phones in their hands, like something out of a horror movie. How did it get to this point? I'm annoyed that current generations don't seem to know life without social media and are almost constantly glued to their phones, oblivious to their surroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I hate when a writer feels like he/she has to remind the reader over and over and over about a particular fact. In the book I'm reading at the moment, the two main characters are twins. This fact is mentioned every time there's an interaction between these two characters. Also, the twins' relationship is starting to get strained and they're drifting apart. The writer also mentions this every time the two characters interact. It's as if he assumes that the reader is an idiot who can't retain these particular pieces of information for more than a page or two. I have rolled my eyes so much reading it, they might get stuck up there!

Gone Girl?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Gone Girl?

Nope! But that writer was guilty of it too. I didn't like that book much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Nope! But that writer was guilty of it too. I didn't like that book much.

Its sh1te, about 300 pages too long.

TA that over 600,000 people have signed a petition for Clarkson. The man is an idiot

TA that over 600,000 people have signed a petition for Clarkson. The man is an idiot

The sad part is that the BBC won't get rid of him, without him they don't have a show. It's not so much about cars as a lot of people enjoying watching him be a prick. I can't stand the guy or the programme.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

The sad part is that the BBC won't get rid of him, without him they don't have a show. It's not so much about cars as a lot of people enjoying watching him be a prick. I can't stand the guy or the programme.

I don't mind him. I always did have bad taste in men.

He certainly is, but he is an idiot on a professional basis, the Public-School Chappiemiladdo. Sort of Rudyard Kipling meets Al Murray. :pac:

Jim the worst thing is he's made a fortune from being a professional dhead.
    Re Gone Girl does anyone else wonder how in the name of all deities Ben Affleck has an acting career ?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Its sh1te, about 300 pages too long.

Most definitely!

Another TA : Lately I have noticed that an awful lot of people seem to be just walking along the street smoking joints openly. I'm just annoyed by the sheer brazen-ness of them. The smell of ordinary cigarettes annoys people enough. And God, I want one!! I know that is mild compared to what people see in big cities or on the luas.

There was a funny moment the other day, though. I was taking a shortcut through an alley and I smelled that unmistakable smell the minute I stepped into it. There was a girl standing in the middle of the alley, facing the wall, puffing away on this joint. Did she really think people couldn't tell what she was doing because she had her back turned? Or was she SO high that she actually thought that by doing so, she had become totally invisible. It just looked funny to me. I suppose you had to be there..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Re Gone Girl does anyone else wonder how in the name of all deities Ben Affleck has an acting career ?

Cos he's hot!! He has redeemed himself though in terms of acting. Edit :Argo.

• Advertisement

It is annoying that someone like him, who could not act his way out of a tayto bag, has made a career in acting.
    And then someone like me has to work in IT to make ends meet.
    Its all wrong. :mad:

Telly Bingo, why, oh why is this shite on TV:confused:

Trig Life aint fair. It was I'd be 5ft 8 a size 10 and have perky boobies.

oops I forgot Goooooodddddd Mooooooooorning Tittties !

Most definitely!

Another TA : Lately I have noticed that an awful lot of people seem to be just walking along the street smoking joints openly. I'm just annoyed by the sheer brazen-ness of them. The smell of ordinary cigarettes annoys people enough. And God, I want one!! I know that is mild compared to what people see in big cities or on the luas.

There was a funny moment the other day, though. I was taking a shortcut through an alley and I smelled that unmistakable smell the minute I stepped into it. There was a girl standing in the middle of the alley, facing the wall, puffing away on this joint. Did she really think people couldn't tell what she was doing because she had her back turned? Or was she SO high that she actually thought that by doing so, she had become totally invisible. It just looked funny to me. I suppose you had to be there..

I know what you mean. Funnily whenever I'm in Limerick city there's almost always the smell of dope wafting from outside the doors of Penneys and Arthurs Quay, yet when you point it out on a forum people would verbally rip you to bits and call you a liar.:confused: It's an unmistakeable smell and is usually coming from something a funny shade of orange or wearing tracksuit pants tucked into white socks.

TA - yesterday evening I was in pennies, and some fat howiya next to me asked me if I could reach up and take a size down for her. She was the same height as me :confused:
    Obviously didn't want to overwork her muscles or something

TA that my laptop is broken. I am working off a loaner from the IT department and its all different to what I am used to.
    And TA that they are going to fix my old laptop instead of giving me a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

TA - yesterday evening I was in pennies, and some fat howiya next to me asked me if I could reach up and take a size down for her. She was the same height as me :confused:

Maybe she had injured herself eating a big Mac earlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

She was checking you out.
    For what purpose who knows, maybe as a potential organ theft :eek:

Pumpkinseeds Skangerius Layaboutis a sub section of Homo Erectus whose habitat is Councilus Estateus.

Pumpkinseeds Skangerius Layaboutis a sub section of Homo Erectus whose habitat is Councilus Estateus.

TA that MsB has swallowed a latin book and I have no idea what she is saying any more. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Self sealing ice cube bags that leak when you turn them upside down after filling them.
    Peoples ridiculous impatience. I'm very impatient myself but some people are way above and beyond. I was first in line at traffic lights and I was a smidge too far forward, so I didn't have a good view of the lights beside me, so told my daughter keep an eye on them. I watched the ones across the junction. The green arrow wasn't working on them, and in the time it took for my daughter to say I had the green arrow, some douche nugget was beeping impatiently. Get a grip !! I'd love a flashing middle finger for my back window.

73Cat wrote: »
    Self sealing ice cube bags that leak when you turn them upside down after filling them.
    Peoples ridiculous impatience. I'm very impatient myself but some people are way above and beyond. I was first in line at traffic lights and I was a smidge too far forward, so I didn't have a good view of the lights beside me, so told my daughter keep an eye on them. I watched the ones across the junction. The green arrow wasn't working on them, and in the time it took for my daughter to say I had the green arrow, some douche nugget was beeping impatiently. Get a grip !! I'd love a flashing middle finger for my back window.

This plus one box I got had been pierced somewhere along the line so the water was spraying out everywhere, not a single useable bag in the box.

73Cat wrote: »

TA they are allowed to sell such rubbish. self sealing my eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

TA annoyed some bell-end blasted me out of it this morning driving in. Em, YOU were on the wrong side of the road, YOU weren't slowing down but thought a beep would make me throw the car in the ditch to make space for you?!

Further annoying, last Tuesday we had a delightful abundance of snow here in the north west. Pretty bad on most of the road, but it finally opens up grand with just a little slush in the centre. Two gombeens in front of me continue to drive at 30kph?!! What's with the fear of some people driving in SLIGHTLY above average conditions. Then the gob****e in front starts to speed up when they see me over taking. Get the FLOCK outta my way love, I'm winning this race!!

Customers who need to be hand walked through everything like a toddler:

Customer: "how much are they?"
    Me: "everything this side is €12 and these ones are €8"
    Customer: "and where are the red ones?"
    Me: "right in front of you"
    Customer: "where are they?"
    Me questioning where Darwins survival of the fittest works these days - "RIGHT...IN...FRONT...OF....YOU" Points to them.
    Customer: "So how much are they?"
    Me caressing pen knife in pocket.....

I know what you mean. Funnily whenever I'm in Limerick city there's almost always the smell of dope wafting from outside the doors of Penneys and Arthurs Quay, yet when you point it out on a forum people would verbally rip you to bits and call you a liar.:confused: It's an unmistakeable smell and is usually coming from something a funny shade of orange or wearing tracksuit pants tucked into white socks.

Exactly! It's one of the most recognisable smells. Do they think people are idiots?

The other evening I saw a group of lads, about 8 of them, getting off a bus together, ALL of them were staring at the screens of their phones and tbh it actually looked a bit creepy watching them walking along together in silence just staring at the phones in their hands, like something out of a horror movie. How did it get to this point? I'm annoyed that current generations don't seem to know life without social media and are almost constantly glued to their phones, oblivious to their surroundings.

It's the Zombie Apocalypse. Hmm, it's early. Righty-ho then, you're going to need a 12-bore autoloading shotgun, a pair of 1911 Colt .45 ACPs, a strong Bowie knife and rope. Lots of rope. :D

TA - it's cheltenham, and I put some money on horses. I never really watched horse racing before, until today (after I made bets) and God it's so cruel :( I was in tears by the time the race was done, terrified one would fall/die. Both horses I bet on won, and now it feels like blood money. Such a hyprocrite.

TA - it's cheltenham, and I put some money on horses. I never really watched horse racing before, until today (after I made bets) and God it's so cruel :( I was in tears by the time the race was done, terrified one would fall/die. Both horses I bet on won, and now it feels like blood money. Such a hyprocrite.

Umm, do you not think those thoroughbred racehorses look quite content galloping along like the wind, head out and tail up? Believe me, that's what they want to be doing! :D

They get slapped, they look like they might fall and what about the ones at the back? Must be horrible for them running last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Our new neighbours. Their little girl seems to just scream instead of talking, and it's constant. She throws a tantrum every hour. :( tempted to bang on the wall earlier.

They get slapped, they look like they might fall and what about the ones at the back? Must be horrible for them running last

I just got a mental image of Shergar lying on your bed, fast asleep, with an adorable pink jumper on him. :pac::pac::pac:

Jimgoose what about the pink ribbon plaited into his mane

yay dovobet works head is clear of psoriasis but annoyed it costs €88 for a tiny bottle.
    must be made of unicorn horn and pixie dust

TA I can't have a unicorn, a baby penguin and a baby elephant in my garden

I get a big bottle for 66 in boots, shop around missy. Also, it's steroids so be careful not to use it for too long! It is amazing though. I even put it in my ears.

TA - supposed to be able to be in 2 places at one time. From 4:30-6:15, I am double booked completely. The owners daughter is our receptionist and can't tell her arse from her elbow. There is only 1 of me. I can't do two things at one time.

That's really annoying Lexie. I hate doubling bookings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

People who use their wedding photos as their facebook profile pic and background pic. Does my head in.

gimmick wrote: »
    People who use their wedding photos as their facebook profile pic and background pic. Does my head in.

Reminds me of the meme 'Nothing says she keeps my balls in a jar in her purse', quite like a joint Facebook account.

Reminds me of the meme 'Nothing says she keeps my balls in a jar in her purse', quite like a joint Facebook account.

Oh Jaysis yes, the very notion makes me want to drive off a cliff! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Everyone technically has a joint Facebook account, and not just with their OH, but with all their friends.

I'm Trivially annoyed that there is some works drinks happening tomorrow that was kept so much on the down low, that the last time I was told about it was like 6 weeks ago and then I was reminded today..... I don't like short notice, and that for me is short notice.... watch this space where next month I complain i don't get the opportunity to throw caution to the wind and do spontaneous things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Missed my motorway turnoff and ended up being late for work. While driving, my radio kept crapping out for a few seconds at a time during my favourites bits of my favourite songs. And I got wet walking from my car to my office.

Get in and feel and smell damp. Then Tony Fenton dies. Then I get soaked at lunchtime running to and from the car for something. Then Terry Pratchett dies. Then I make tea for myself and hope the day ends soon, but I realise my previous running to/from the car has made me all sweaty and I am getting constant whiffs from my own armpits.

Won't this day fcuking end already :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement