Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Having to bring my own coffee in my handbag to certain people's houses because they never have any.

I leave a jar at my mothers house as they rarely have any coffee and when they do it's that weak powdered filth.:D

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    St. P¡ssup day on Tuesday.
    Begorrah and Toora loora all over the world. Red heads drinking Guinness, that's the impression we give.
    It's sad really.

It wouldn't be so bad if they'd put one of those stupid over-sized lepracaun hats on Michael D, put him at the head of the parade and poke him with sticks to make him dance. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The fun police. People who have to piss all over enjoyment of others. My brother is desperate for this. He's like the anti-craic. Drives me mental

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I leave a jar at my mothers house as they rarely have any coffee and when they do it's that weak powdered filth.:D

People just don't understand how essential coffee is :p . It annoys me that I might actually be addicted. If I tried to give up, I'd be a twitchy, cranky, headachy mess. My OH has me restricted to 2 cups a day. He jokes that if I have more than that he'll leave me :p. He might be just a little serious! I have way too many unhealthy addictions as it is. All food related, nothing illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that the wife asked me how I want my eggs- I told her Scrambled but wanted to say Cadburys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

We have huge evergreen trees up our driveway and all around our house and they're full of birds. Anytime I put out food for the birds, all the stupid crows and magpies swoop in and take it all :mad:
    ... What do you think a bird is? :o

I'm not sure what in my post gives the impression I don't know what a bird is.

:o

Hmmm.. I've just noticed that a lot of my posts here start with the words "I hate" . That's annoying because it makes me seem hateful. I'm not hateful, I'm super loveable, I swear :D . I just like to vent here, cause it's healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Ta that I come across a curmudgeonly auld wan when I'm only 39 and normally quite a happy person

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who want to be happy all the time. Only stupid people are like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm not sure what in my post gives the impression I don't know what a bird is.

:o

You're leaving food out for the birds and then you call them stupid for taking it? I don't get it.

Scum, and the boyfriend leaving her to continue the fight? Utter scum.

Why do people come for painful treatments volunteraily, and then make a big song and dance out of it? Yeah its not pleasent but you're a grown woman and you either want it done or you don't. Either way, I'm not here to babysit you so either **** or get off the pot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

KKkitty wrote:
    Get better soon 

Thank you :)

I'm feeling much better but I'm so annoyed that it's happened on a Saturday! No chance of it happening during the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you walk through Temple Bar and there's a junkie in a lane way shooting up and he laughs when you stare at him.

Rugby giving me heart palpatations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

KatW4 wrote: »
    Rugby giving me heart palpatations!

It's the stupid lost line outs.
    The not getting over the line after 30 phases.
    the handling errors!

• Advertisement

deise08 wrote:
    It's the stupid lost line outs. The not getting over the line after 30 phases. the handling errors!

Yep. Fumbling and dropping the ball. Excellent match but very hard to watch. We are better than this! So frustrating! Definitely a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

When there is a ketchup or sauce bottle that has been designed so that it can stand on its lid, but people still stand it on its bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Being so stressed out all day..... I've actually given myself a throbbing headache :(

TA that I am now 100% sure that the 4 year old is a right hander, not a leftie like me. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

People who walk the wrong way round the Tiger shop. It's soooo annoying! If the till is on the right, go left! Then when your done shopping you'll be at the till! If everyone else is going the opposite way to you , your doing it wrong fool!

• Advertisement

Being so stressed out all day..... I've actually given myself a throbbing headache :(

Same!! Spent two hours trying to deal with 3. All I needed to do was port my number and switch networks. 2 hours and 1 hour standing in a 3 store, my nerves were in shreds. I have had teeth pulled that wasn't as painful as that. Assholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Same!! Spent two hours trying to deal with 3. All I needed to do was port my number and switch networks. 2 hours and 1 hour standing in a 3 store, my nerves were in shreds. I have had teeth pulled that wasn't as painful as that. Assholes
    I'm with O2 and seemingly...it's going to become three....but Jesus they are woeful to deal with over the phone....really dreading when it actually changes

How can people get jobs in a call centre who can't understand basic English and can't look up your details when you spell them out to them :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who walk the wrong way round the Tiger shop. It's soooo annoying! If the till is on the right, go left! Then when your done shopping you'll be at the till! If everyone else is going the opposite way to you , your doing it wrong fool!

A tiger shop? That's a new one on me. Or it's not what seems. ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

A tiger shop? That's a new one on me. Or it's not what seems. ????

It's a relatively new shop. Kind of like an upmarket pound shop. Loads of random stuff in it. Great place for browsing and finding stuff you want but don't need!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Scum, and the boyfriend leaving her to continue the fight? Utter scum.

Why do people come for painful treatments volunteraily, and then make a big song and dance out of it? Yeah its not pleasent but you're a grown woman and you either want it done or you don't. Either way, I'm not here to babysit you so either **** or get off the pot

I hope the midwives don't have that sh*tty attitude when I'm in labour!!

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I hope the midwives don't have that sh*tty attitude when I'm in labour!!

:confused: I don't think its a ****ty attitude and I'm not a midwife?
    This is the trivial things that annoy you thread, and I've posted a trivial thing that annoys me. Dealing with drama queens, making such a fuss over something that they asked for voluntarily, that wastes my time and prohibits me from doing my job safely. Just trying to think what's so ****ty about wanting to be able to do my job without dealing with unnessessary hysterics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Missing the ferry, stuck on the island for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

People who use the phrase "alrighty".

(Usually used by shallow and insincere people)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Slow moving people. Either in a car or on foot. People who take up most of the road or footpath. I know the elderly or disabled can't help it.
    But I mean able bodied people who are just ignorant. "There is nobody else on the road/footpath, only me" assh0les

Get outa my fukkin Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

gammygils wrote: »
    Slow moving people. Either in a car or on foot. People who take up most of the road or footpath.

Had cyclists earlier all dressed up in their tour de france jazz, 3 abreast they were. Stuck behind them for a good few minutes. They were taking the piss.

• Advertisement

TA that something somewhere is interfering with my wifi. It has been perfect for years since we moved to UPC...but now we are getting dropped connections etc....this is not good.

This Mother's Day bull****. Whatever happened to going old skool and giving your mother a card? And what really does my head in is all these dedications of facebook posts, to the mother in question who is either dead or not even on facebook - either way, can't read it.

One status trying to outdo the other, posting photos up of their cards and presents. Stfu. Jesus

TA by the oneupmanship that occurs on Facebook. Insecure people trying to make themselves feel better.

PS Goooood Mooooorning Tities !

I wish people would use their own words instead of constantly sharing "Inspirational Quotes" or "Motivation Hotel Quotes" or f*cking "Minions Quotes" with nothing but the word yep written above them. I just had a long unfollowing session.

Also - my right thumb keeps throbbing and twitching for some reason. It's been doing that constantly for about a week now. So annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

A friend suggested part of a programme on RTE might interest me. At least 4 adverts before the content starts. Fair enough. Fast forward to the item, 4-5 more ads again. Fekkers! It better be interesting!

Bonzo Rte players drives mad. More ads than programme . Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭chocaholic04

People who say St. Patty's Day instead of St Patrick's Day. Really makes me blood boil!

The idiotic way people park at the petrol station. Went in today to get petrol and there were cars abandoned every where! There were idiots blocking the pumps and the door to the shop.

Use your bloody brains and park properly!!!!

The fact that RTE are actually showing d'arby O'Gill and the little people on Paddy's day.:rolleyes: Seriously, there have been lots of good Irish movies made over the years but that's what they choose to show.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That AIB GAA ad on the telly, with the muck savage shouting about going to Croke park.
    Will you ever go away you caveman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Dubs, that think they are above people from other parts of the country.

Fudge You wrote: »
    Dubs, that think they are above people from other parts of the country.

And they've never been more than 2 miles away from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

TRIGGER happy,
    you are probably on same channel as your neighbours wifi,
    switch to another wifi channel.
    AND all your neighbours get upc installed,at the same time,
    everyones on wifi channel 7 ,whatever is the default wifi channel,
    switch to channel 4,10 etc

People from the country that assume you are interested in gaa,hurling etc is slightly annoying
    i have zero interest in gaa, sport .
    Even though i was brought up in a rural area .

And i have zero interest in premiership soccer too.

riclad wrote: »
    TRIGGER happy,
    you are probably on same channel as your neighbours wifi,
    switch to another wifi channel.
    AND all your neighbours get upc installed,at the same time,
    everyones on wifi channel 7 ,whatever is the default wifi channel,
    switch to channel 4,10 etc

Cheers, just checked it there and it was on 'auto- channel 11'. So manually set it to 8. Will see how that pans out.

TA that it is cold outside again....Brrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

The fact that RTE are actually showing d'arby O'Gill and the little people on Paddy's day.:rolleyes: Seriously, there have been lots of good Irish movies made over the years but that's what they choose to show.:mad:

Aw you can't hate the 'Darby' :)

my annoyance is calling it Paddys day.
    it's st. Patrick's day.

Patty's is a new one on me !
    .(Patty is a girl though no? )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

deise08 wrote:
    Patty's is a new one on me ! .(Patty is a girl though no? )

Americans tend to call it Pattys Day.

St Patrick's day annoys me too, it could actually be a really nice day if done right, but all the drunk people in the city really put me off and I think it's really tacky as well.

deise08 wrote: »
    Aw you can't hate the 'Darby' :)

my annoyance is calling it Paddys day.
    it's st. Patrick's day.

Patty's is a new one on me !
    .(Patty is a girl though no? )

Oh yes I can, with a vengence.:D

Having LMII do a spray tan for me last night and waking up with mad White patches all over me. How can someone be such a fool

Updates on the Cricket World Cup.

No one cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

updates on Any sport anywhere ,its likely at least half the audience don,t care , have no interest in sport.
    Yes theres maybe 3 per cent of irish people who care about cricket,
    including english people who live in ireland.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement