Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My own clumsiness annoys me. Today I slipped in sticky mud, messing up my lovely new boots, spilled every hot and cold drink I poured, bumped into people in shops, broke a glass from a set my OH won in a raffle a couple of weeks ago and tripped over my own feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tired all day- can't sleep now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It was the 12 pubs of Christmas in our town tonight. Just stuck to one pub myself. My TA is the place was full of what looked like 12 yr olds. I kept seeing kids my eldest went to school with, drinking pints. I felt so feckin old :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Woshy wrote: »
    Wetwipe it - it'll be grand! It's dark out anyway :)

My TA also involves clothes for going out. I'm 4 months pregnant and at that annoying stage where people looking at me wouldn't be sure whether I am fat or pregnant so everything I've put in to got out looks ridiculous. I might just sit down all night!

People that keep using text speak in posts.. Ds, TA or whatever.. Your not on facebook now.

Your not going to get your post thanked if we dont have a clue what you are on about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

TA is trivial annoyance I'm guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

dubscottie wrote: »
    People that keep using text speak in posts.. Ds, TA or whatever.. Your not on facebook now.

Your not going to get your post thanked if we dont have a clue what you are on about...

Wow - who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? TA is trivial annoyance so specific to this thread and has been used in many posts.

Also, in the spirit of your delightful post, you're not going to get your post thanked until you learn the difference between your and you're.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Reading boards, getting really engrossed in a thread and my phone just decides I'm not allowed look at it anymore and the internet closes. This keeps happening! Stupid phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I made an unintentional bitchy comment about overeating to Mr Pumpkinseeds when he was telling me how much chocolate bar he was planning on using to make a mug of hot chocolate. Now I feel obliged not to complain about the really crappy horror film he's watching. So TA's of the day are making unintentional bitchy comments and really crap horror films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Children running riot in a library. It's getting more like a playschool every day. I delight in seeing kids with a love of books but playing hide and seek in a library or chasing each other around the shelves is not the way to it. I don't want the old style silence of a library but just a bit of common sense and respect for other users of the library.

Should try working in one. It's unbelievable what comes through the doors and what goes on!

• Advertisement

Woshy wrote: »
    Wow - who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? TA is trivial annoyance so specific to this thread and has been used in many posts.

Also, in the spirit of your delightful post, you're not going to get your post thanked until you learn the difference between your and you're.

Oh I could fill a whole thread with stuff that gets on my pisser..

Like smarty-pants grammar nazi's that don't stop to ask themselves if the poster might be dyslexic and not have an auto correct on their mobile..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Sellotape. Constantly turning the roll to find where the bit is to peel it off. You find something that looks like it, but it's the end of the roll on the inside and then you are back to square one.

Grrrr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Spilling coffee on my shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Oh I could fill a whole thread with stuff that gets on my tits..

Like smarty-pants grammar nazi's that don't stop to ask themselves if the poster might be dyslexic and not have an auto correct on their mobile..

Are you dyslexic? do you not have auto correct on your mobile?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Are you dyslexic? do you not have auto correct on your mobile?

Yes.. And not having auto correct has not been an issue till now.. Nor is hand writing stuff in capital letters been an issue at work.. Because I am good at my job(s)..

Brainy as **** just never got the spelling or small/big letters thing right..

Throwing stones in glasshouses is safe.... Worked in a glasshouse near a scrapyard that had the habit of putting cars in the crusher when the tanks were full. BOOM!

A 2ft x 4ft bit glass falling on you aint fun… Watching the shockwave come towards you across the bay when it was misty was fun though..

Happened on a weekly basis and was getting silly at one point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Waking up the next morning and still being drunk is fairly annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You mean

PIGHSTS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

bigamy really annoys me

as do pygmys

• Advertisement

Waking up in the morning with achey limbs because of crap pillow and awkward sleeping position.:(

The volume of meat/poultry things I'll be prepping and cooking on Wednesday(always cook it on Christmas eve) and I don't even eat meat/poultry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Using dyslexia as an excuse for being useless at writing good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The way that people can be vultures with gossip. On the bus home yesterday some bint was gossiping loudly on her phone about some young person from the community who had committed suicide during the week. Absolutely tragic and I can't begin to imagine what the persons family are going through. To listen to her it was the best bit of gossip she's heard all year. I couldn't help wondering what impact it would have on someone who was related to the deceased or friends with them, who was on that bus listening to the bitch gossiping away about it.

She's probably the type that would have RIP plastered all over her FB profile, and a recording of herself doing a eulogy that she could put up on YouTube :(

I would have thought TA would be fairly self explanatory after 30,000 posts of Trivial Annoyances :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Oh I could fill a whole thread with stuff that gets on my pisser..

I'm no fan of spelling and grammar pedants, but being dyslexic is no excuse for careless spelling errors. Any phone manufactured in the last ten years has predictive text capabilities and a built-in dictionary, and with the development of modern smartphones, there are numerous TTS apps available on all platforms for people with reading and writing difficulties -

http://bdatech.org/what-technology/small-portable-devices/apps/

It's one of the reasons why I bought a Windows Phone (despite the sniggers of the apple chaps), because they have the most seamless integration of accessiblity features across all devices for a person with dyslexia (I can dictate this post without my fingers ever touching the screen on my phone!).

Yes.. And not having auto correct has not been an issue till now.. Nor is hand writing stuff in capital letters been an issue at work.. Because I am good at my job(s)..

Brainy as **** just never got the spelling or small/big letters thing right..

Nobody was questioning your work practices though (and capitalisation and mirror writing haven't been an issue for me since I left secondary school), they were only having a joke, and granted while you may not be familiar with the abbreviations used in the thread, that's fine, but it's no reason to use dyslexia as an excuse for careless spelling errors.

We often make jokes around here about posters careless spelling errors and nobody takes it seriously. That's why this is one of my favourite threads on Boards - it's for TRIVIAL things that annoy, because dog knows there's enough serious shìte talk goes on around here! I know well of course that sometimes it can be difficult for a person with dyslexia to understand context, but before you go jumping down people's throats' and getting all high horsey about stuff, maybe just take a minute yourself to understand that it's only natural that someone who doesn't have dyslexia isn't always going to be conscious of someone who does, that's just human nature.

Using dyslexia as an excuse for being useless at writing good.

Bang no! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Throwing stones in glasshouses is safe.... Worked in a glasshouse near a scrapyard that had the habit of putting cars in the crusher when the tanks were full. BOOM!

A 2ft x 4ft bit glass falling on you aint fun… Watching the shockwave come towards you across the bay when it was misty was fun though..

Happened on a weekly basis and was getting silly at one point.

People not using pronouns in a sentence.
    You're not on Facebook now.

braddun wrote: »
    bigamy really annoys me

as do pygmys

What about pygmy bigamists?

I don't have a problem with them .....is that big o' me?

Being facebook friends with the local spca. A dog escaped from being surrendered to the pound almost two weeks ago and nobody can catch her and she's still by herself and hungry and they're saying her leg is hurt. My emotions are all over the place, and then seeing that too, well it's like morbid curiosity, I can't help myself reading it and then I'm really upset thinking about her being hurt hungry and alone for Christmas. I'm annoyed she was being surrended. I'm annoyed she's so nervous and frightened that she won't let anyone near her. And then I'm sad thinking about the dogs who won't have santa on christmas, who won't have nice meat for their Christmas dinner, and that will be locked in cages in pounds all over Christmas. While spoilt indulged brats will get puppies, so many puppies who'll be dumped too when they don't stay tiny or when they chew up something or when they poop inside or when they won't want to take care of it anymore.

So many unloved dogs. And my little baby was being looked after this weekend as we had something on over the weekend, and he hurt his eye. His poor little eye. I've been an emotional wreck since. I called the vet last night, and he had to get an injection :( I cried when he got his injection, I cried when I had to put his eyedrops in, and I feel like the worst dog mammy in the world.

Being facebook friends with the local spca. A dog escaped from being surrendered to the pound almost two weeks ago and nobody can catch her and she's still by herself and hungry and they're saying her leg is hurt. My emotions are all over the place, and then seeing that too, well it's like morbid curiosity, I can't help myself reading it and then I'm really upset thinking about her being hurt hungry and alone for Christmas. I'm annoyed she was being surrended. I'm annoyed she's so nervous and frightened that she won't let anyone near her. And then I'm sad thinking about the dogs who won't have santa on christmas, who won't have nice meat for their Christmas dinner, and that will be locked in cages in pounds all over Christmas. While spoilt indulged brats will get puppies, so many puppies who'll be dumped too when they don't stay tiny or when they chew up something or when they poop inside or when they won't want to take care of it anymore.

So many unloved dogs. And my little baby was being looked after this weekend as we had something on over the weekend, and he hurt his eye. His poor little eye. I've been an emotional wreck since. I called the vet last night, and he had to get an injection :( I cried when he got his injection, I cried when I had to put his eyedrops in, and I feel like the worst dog mammy in the world.

Eugh. One of the many reasons I hate people. They are so greedy and selfish and self-absorbed and unwilling to be accountable for their actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

Today in particular, the amount of fúcking collection buckets and chuggers in the city centre this morning was driving me mad. Almost tempted to start writing complaints about it now tbh. Good cause certainly, but even during Christmas, the numbers of charity workers on the streets need to be kept within reason.

• Advertisement

Stupid department stores. Couldn't get a particular size yesterday so the kind lady in the shop wrote down the code of the item onto an enquiry card and told me I could call some other stores to see if they had it in stock. I called one of them just now and instead of inputting the code onto a central system to see if the item was in stock, she demanded I give her a description of the item and took off running around the store to try to find it herself. Wtf like? What is the point having a fancy code system if the shop assistant has to go running off to check things on the floor based on a verbal description? And then she comes back and says, "no we have no black trousers at all". Really? In the entire store? You have absolutely no black trousers? Was there a run on them last minute? It's not a f.cuking Elsa doll I'm looking for you know... :(

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

And another similar regular TA of mine, charity bag packers in supermarkets. Bloke doing it for a rugby club last week, had clearly never packed a bag in his life before, dozy prick. The ironic thing is a club I'm involved in wanted to do this recently and we had specific instructions on what to do and what not to do. This dozy fkuc ignored pretty much all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Mike Denver and other such bad 'boyband country' music.

"Vogue does the Afterlife"

Maybe she should :P

Being sick. I am still sick. But that's not the annoying part. The annoying part is anytime I am sick, I cry. I don't know why I do it but if I'm going to vomit, I always start crying. And I'm not usually an emotional person. So for the past few weeks, I've just been a wreck. And the only person I ever want around me when I'm sick is my dad. From when I was little, it was always him that minded me and made me feel better. And at the ripe old age of 26, youd think I'd be over it but nope. Which makes me cry more.
    Can't wait til this passes so I can brush off my feelings again and continue on not giving a **** about anything

Being sick. I am still sick. But that's not the annoying part. The annoying part is anytime I am sick, I cry. I don't know why I do it but if I'm going to vomit, I always start crying. And I'm not usually an emotional person. So for the past few weeks, I've just been a wreck. And the only person I ever want around me when I'm sick is my dad. From when I was little, it was always him that minded me and made me feel better. And at the ripe old age of 26, youd think I'd be over it but nope. Which makes me cry more.
    Can't wait til this passes so I can brush off my feelings again and continue on not giving a **** about anything

I don't think you ever really get over losing a parent, and the need to have them comfort us when we are sick is always with us. I still feel it and I am 5 years older than you! Feel better soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    "Vogue does the Afterlife"

Maybe she should :P

I saw this on the TV listings, I thought it was a programme about posthumous fashion trends! Who the hell's "Vogue?"

She married the fat guy from westlife. So basically, she's with Kerry Katonas left overs. Yuck

Mike Denver and other such bad 'boyband country' music.

I hate country music with passion......

Daniel O'Donnell, the man who put the c#%t back in country music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

A woman that was in a queue inched up so she was standing beside me.
    I stepped back in front of her. She did it again. I death-stared. She smiled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Got a Christmas card from someone this morning and I can't remember if I sent them one. I think I did. I usually do but I have a nagging feeling I didn't. But I must have. Or did I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Getting a free Christmas TV magazine with a Sunday paper and finding TBA everywhere

gammygils wrote: »
    Getting a free Christmas TV with a Sunday paper and finding TBA everywhere

A free TV? What paper was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

She married the fat guy from westlife. So basically, she's with Kerry Katonas left overs. Yuck

Ah I see. "Z-lister!"

Got a Christmas card from someone this morning and I can't remember if I sent them one. I think I did. I usually do but I have a nagging feeling I didn't. But I must have. Or did I?

You will know next year. When they don't send you one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Jake1 wrote: »
    You will know next year. When they don't send you one :)

No. We're from an era when cards are sent as a true token of friendship at this time of year. We don't look to see who sent them each year and just reciprocate for the sake of it.

I wrote out lots of cards this year, and then realised I didn't like any of the people enough to buy stamps so I didn't send any. As usual.

Jaysus, the size of KK you'd think she never had any leftovers...

Which reminds me of another TA: "that's why mums go to iceland" - what.

Sauve wrote: »
    A woman that was in a queue inched up so she was standing beside me.
    I stepped back in front of her. She did it again. I death-stared. She smiled.

Passive aggressive b.itch :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,232 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Jaysus, the size of KK you'd think she never had any leftovers...

Which reminds me of another TA: "that's why mums go to iceland" - what.

It's Peter Andre now, Kerry was dropped after she was caught on camera shoving snow up her nose.

Barred from Iceland now :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement