Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

It's Peter Andre now, Kerry was dropped after she was caught on camera shoving snow up her nose.

Barred from Iceland now :p

Where does she go now? She can't go anywhere else 'cause she's a mum :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Two hours of a bunged nose, it's like concrete has set in there..........then it starts running like a fcuking river, and one gob****e remarks "I think I got your cold,,"But you dont have a cold?" They reply with "Ah yeah, but you know..."

No, I DON'T KNOW!!, What in christ's name are you on about??? (In my head)

People coming over to me to tell me they are dying (NWS the TA that they are not in fact, dying) - why are you breathing on me then?!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Ads in Gmail. No matter how many times I opt out there they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People walking up and down the street smoking, it really bothers me seeing people in crowds with a cigarette stuck in their mouth. And I think it looks super scummy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Work being like a morgue. I hate office festivities done to excess, but this is the other extreme! It doesn't feel like Christmas. Thank fcek I'm off for the next two weeks.

People walking up and down the street smoking, it really bothers me seeing people in crowds with a cigarette stuck in their mouth. And I think it looks super scummy.

Well thats one TA, you'll have to get over, we cant smke indoors either anymore:(:(:(:(

Aglomerado wrote: »
    It doesn't feel like Christmas.

Thank God, I thought I was the only scrooge around. Ive been thinking same thing 'it dosent feel like Christmas.'
    :(

Yeah but a bit of consideration for everyone else wouldn't go amiss either, not tarring every smoker with the same brush as I'm sure it's just the minority but walking into a crowd of people blowing smoke is just ignorant. As is standing at a bus stop smoking around everyone else. Fair enough if you're there first and you light up and someone stands around you, but joining a que and lighting up? **** that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Jake1 wrote: »
    Aglomerado wrote: »
    It doesn't feel like Christmas.

Thank God, I thought I was the only scrooge around. Ive been thinking same thing 'it dosent feel like Christmas.'
    Nope. If I DID work in a morgue, it would be more fun! And to cap it all, I've to wait until the others come back from tea break before I can go home!!

• Advertisement

Yeah but a bit of consideration for everyone else wouldn't go amiss either, not tarring every smoker with the same brush as I'm sure it's just the minority but walking into a crowd of people blowing smoke is just ignorant. As is standing at a bus stop smoking around everyone else. Fair enough if you're there first and you light up and someone stands around you, but joining a que and lighting up? **** that.

Nah, hate that myself. Some smokers do make us all look like gurriers
    :o

Nah, hate that myself. Some smokers do make us all look like gurriers
    :o

What about the ones who take their last drag as the luas doors are closing? Eugh they drive me mad :( Usually scaldy-looking stringy yokes aswell :(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    What about the ones who take their last drag as the luas doors are closing? Eugh they drive me mad :( Usually scaldy-looking stringy yokes aswell :(

the ones with the sunken cheeks.
    I always think, they must give massive BJs. Look like the would suck th chrome of a tail pipe

the ones with the sunken cheeks.
    I always think, they must give massive BJs. Look like the would suck th chrome of a tail pipe

She could suck a satsuma up four feet of hosepipe:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

She's probably the type that would have RIP plastered all over her FB profile, and a recording of herself doing a eulogy that she could put up on YouTube :(

Probably, even though when asked if she knew him she answered 'no, I knew his face':rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

My in-laws - need I say anymore?!

Woshy wrote: »
    My in-laws - need I say anymore?!

Yes :D

Weirdly, Pumpkinseeds, I thought of youtoday :)
    I was in Lidl and looking through the oils, and they had Pumpkinseed Oil.

Trivially trivial...
    :p

I was in Lidl and looking through the oils, and they had Pumpkinseed Oil*.

Trivially trivial...

* I got to here before I was mildly disappointed... :o

People with Body Odour. There's absolutely no need for it in this day and age

• Advertisement

Trivially trivial...

Weirdly enough I was in Lidl today:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I hate this carry on outside shopping centres, puffing away right at the door blowing smoke in your face as you go in and out. Jervis Street SC at the Henry Street entrance is particularly bad for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Trivially trivial...
    Isnt it strange (TA even) the way this thread pops into your head during the day...Im super concious of not doing certain things in case a boardsie from here is lurking:pac:...Im now super quick at the checkouts and ATM...I put my seatbelt on before I start driving..I walk around shopping centres at top speed incase Im in any ones way..Id rather blow up than cough or sneeze near anyone..Loads more too:D Thank god theres no Luas in Cork..AND i will never again eat a KEBAB!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The need to dehydrate oneself before getting the fast bus from Limerick to Dublin to avoid severe bladder pain by Kildare...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Yes :D

I think it might traumatise me to type it out.

My father in law is staying and I want to stab myself (as does my husband!). My only consolation is I don't have a mother in law. I hear they're worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

When my husband has two crap recordings on Sky at the sametime & I can't watch anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Christmas shopping...and everything about it
    Now I know im not great in crowds so taught today would be quieter around town...but Jesus it must have been around 80% ticks and idiots around and 20% normal

Was reversing into a space (had a van...didn't want to be reversing out) and some right **** decided to go between me and the space where there wasn't room to fit and stop there while I was clearly trying to reverse into the space and wouldn't move so I literally had to shout at him to back the **** up...nearly got the whole year without roadrage...more embarrassed with myself after it than annoyed with anyone...round two of Christmas shopping tomorrow afternoon :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just clicked to submit a suitable reply to our latest newly joined troll. Only to find the quick acting Mods had locked the thread :(.

People wishing others merry Christmas prematurely. There's this Australian guy who works in our local off licence. He's always in there. Sunday night he wished me a merry Christmas and last night he wished me merry Christmas as well. I'm annoyed because clearly he knows he's going to see me two more times before christmas so why not just wait until Christmas Eve and wish me merry Christmas then

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    Isnt it strange (TA even) the way this thread pops into your head during the day...Im super concious of not doing certain things in case a boardsie from here is lurking:pac:...Im now super quick at the checkouts and ATM...I put my seatbelt on before I start driving..I walk around shopping centres at top speed incase Im in any ones way..Id rather blow up than cough or sneeze near anyone..Loads more too:D Thank god theres no Luas in Cork..AND i will never again eat a KEBAB!!!

I think I can retire now. My work here is done. :)

That Let it go song from frozen. My oh sings it at me when I'm on his case about leaving windows open or whatever, and it ruined it for me. And it's practically on loop in work because everyone else likes it and it puts me in a fouler because i only hear it when I'm annoyed.

Treggings with zips around the waist. I bought a pair in dunnes for work. High waist ones. The zip keeps opening and my pants keep falling down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Treggings with zips around the waist. I bought a pair in dunnes for work. High waist ones. The zip keeps opening and my pants keep falling down

Im so not-with-it. Assumed you meant leggings but googled it. It annoys me how old and disconnected I'm becoming....

Woshy wrote: »
    I think it might traumatise me to type it out.

My father in law is staying and I want to stab myself (as does my husband!). My only consolation is I don't have a mother in law. I hear they're worse!

My MIL is grand, and for some reason, thinks I am wonderful.....even after all these years.

TReggings?? WTF? sound like something that was used in the Spanish Inquisition:D

Anybody else lost the 'goodwill to all men' bit when it comes to shopping? At this point all bets are off in that department. I think I need to watch It's a wonderful life. I've a few bits to get in the shopping centre tomorrow morning and I'll be in and out of the place as fast as possible.

Defrosting turkey. I cook the thing on Christmas eve afternoon so it's defrosting in a covered cake thing now to keep the 4 cats away from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Anybody else lost the 'goodwill to all men' bit when it comes to shopping? At this point all bets are off in that department. I think I need to watch It's a wonderful life. I've a few bits to get in the shopping centre tomorrow morning and I'll be in and out of the place as fast as possible.
    Same here Pumpkin...Ive lost my mojo for shopping...sitting here and cant get motivated to go to the shops..Im working later and tomorrow so the mood is shocking to put it mildly:mad:

The constant supply of chocolate and my inability to refuse.

Yes. I've to battle my way to Stephen's Green at lunchtime :( I don't mind the crowds when I know exactly what I want. I just put on my blinkers and use a good golf umbrella to beat them all out of the way. But "browsing" at this time of year? No way :(

Which reminds me of another TA - there seems to have been a run on random shíte this year so that stuff I am looking for that wouldn't be a usual present anyway is unavailable. It's like the end of the world and people are just buying stuff that's left :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The fact that even M&S are doing onesies for men now , is nothing sacred , they'll be in BRown THomas'swindow next, a law needs to be enacted to limit them to Pennys only.

Oops69 wrote: »
    The fact that even M&S are doing onesies for men now , is nothing sacred , they'll be in BRown THomas'swindow next, a law needs to be enacted to limit them to Pennys only.

I saw them in Debenhams last week 'reduced' to 37 quid.:eek:

• Advertisement

Yes. I've to battle my way to Stephen's Green at lunchtime :( I don't mind the crowds when I know exactly what I want. I just put on my blinkers and use a good golf umbrella to beat them all out of the way. But "browsing" at this time of year? No way :(

Which reminds me of another TA - there seems to have been a run on random shíte this year so that stuff I am looking for that wouldn't be a usual present anyway is unavailable. It's like the end of the world and people are just buying stuff that's left :(

Good luck. I have just been to Londis on grafton street and it was like a battle ground.

Good luck. I have just been to Londis on grafton street and it was like a battle ground.

I still have things to get. I can't relax until everything is sorted. I want to buy a suitcase for my dad, a lamb's leg for the dog, plus I feel I should buy something else for OH but I don't know what! Yaaaaaar..... Maybe I'll just go to the pub instead...

We bought some Christmas presents for my brother from the UK. The bad exchange rate screwed us and after all that he casually mentioned in conversation that a coffee maker he'd like was on offer in Curry's.:eek::mad: It'd have cost us half what we spent on the other things and I've never made him coffee, he always asks for tea. If I'd to make a list of 100 things to buy him a coffee maker would not have been on it. Well he'll have to buy his own coffee maker now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I've to do some shopping this evening after work and the thoughts of it makes me want to curl up into a little ball and cry whilst rocking gently back and forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I still have things to get. I can't relax until everything is sorted. I want to buy a suitcase for my dad, a lamb's leg for the dog, plus I feel I should buy something else for OH but I don't know what! Yaaaaaar..... Maybe I'll just go to the pub instead...
    Why do we do it to ourselves ?, as long as you're out of my way when your lumbering around that suitcase and lambs leg or you'll get trampled , it's Everyman/ woman for themselves now , I learnt that yesterday when I was shoved forward in a checkout queue yesterday by a little old dear about 85 years old , I've got my antennae out now for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dublin Bus, RTPI and the imagination timetable of the 75. All is forgiven, TfL.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Dublin Bus, RTPI and the imagination timetable of the 75. All is forgiven, TfL.

God, the 75 is bringing about all sorts of memories. I used to get it to/from work, and random was the only description I would use to describe when it might, MIGHT I add, appear. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Why do you ring a call centre 2 days before Christmas?! :{

I send a complaint to dublin bus each time my bus doesn't show up (every single Friday evening). They don't even respond anymore lol

Oops69 wrote: »
    Why do we do it to ourselves ?, as long as you're out of my way when your lumbering around that suitcase and lambs leg or you'll get trampled , it's Everyman/ woman for themselves now , I learnt that yesterday when I was shoved forward in a checkout queue yesterday by a little old dear about 85 years old , I've got my antennae out now for them.

I'll bate her over her blue rinse head with the leg of lamb if I see her :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement