Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Behind a one at the ATM this morning in the rain, she used 3 cards and seemed to be applying for a mortgage with each one.

10 frickin minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

keano25 wrote: »
    Behind a one at the ATM this morning in the rain, she used 3 cards and seemed to be applying for a mortgage with each one.

10 frickin minutes.

thats the problem right there....................... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Finding a doggie tux online that's so cute and then it doesn't come in my puppies size :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

People that put silly clothes on dogs :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Dublin Bus, RTPI and the imagination timetable of the 75. All is forgiven, TfL.

Jaysus - the 75. There's a magical mystery tour of a bus route. I still shudder at a mention of it 15 years after I stopped using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Oops69 wrote: »
    The fact that even M&S are doing onesies for men now , is nothing sacred , they'll be in BRown THomas'swindow next, a law needs to be enacted to limit them to Pennys only.

Dear Santa,

I would like a ban on onsies, if you cannot do that, then I would like a gun, a big one, and a load of bullets, the blowey uppey kind, so I can shoot the bollox off anyone wearing these atrocities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Dear Santa,

I would like a ban on onsies, if you cannot do that, then I would like a gun, a big one, and a load of bullets, the blowey uppey kind, so I can shoot the bollox off anyone wearing these atrocities.

They are awful. I had a look at them out of morbid curiosity while Mr Pumpkinseeds was trying on a shirt. They are so heavy you'd reek of sweat within a couple of hours, and I don't even want to think about the accidental pee dribbling on them when guys have a few too many.:D

They are awful. I had a look at them out of morbid curiosity while Mr Pumpkinseeds was trying on a shirt. They are so heavy you'd reek of sweat within a couple of hours, and I don't even want to think about the accidental pee dribbling on them when guys have a few too many.:D

Cos that only happens to guys, right?:eek:

Cos that only happens to guys, right?:eek:

In women it's not so much 'dribbling'.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I suspect a lot of these onesies given as gifts are going to be "disappeared" by other halves before the new year, " did you see my onesie anywhere , dear ?" , "no" says other half, quickly changing the subject and avoiding eye contact.

I will take this opportunity to wish all my trivially annoyed friends a calm and peaceful Xmas, hope you all enjoy it. Thanks for the laughs throughout the year. No fighting and be good to each other, remember, it's only a fcuking sprout!!

I suspect a lot of these onesies given as gifts are going to be "disappeared" by other halves before the new year.

Very true, after all who wouldn't find their spouse/other half extremely attractive in an adult babygrow.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I will take this opportunity to wish all my trivially annoyed friends a calm and peaceful Xmas, hope you all enjoy it. Thanks for the laughs throughout the year. No fighting and be good to each other, remember, it's only a fcuking sprout!!

And the same to you and all your loved ones.

On the sprout thing, it is a TA that they get such bad press. I love them.

When you seem to be the only person walking against the crowds
    Idiots with buggies stopping to gaze in at their kid. They're still there, move along.
    Ques, ques everywhere. **** sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Colser wrote: »
    Isnt it strange (TA even) the way this thread pops into your head during the day...Im super concious of not doing certain things in case a boardsie from here is lurking:pac:...Im now super quick at the checkouts and ATM...I put my seatbelt on before I start driving..I walk around shopping centres at top speed incase Im in any ones way..Id rather blow up than cough or sneeze near anyone..Loads more too:D Thank god theres no Luas in Cork
    ..AND i will never again eat a KEBAB!!!

Ha, me too! I'm an absolute ninja now at checkouts, especially Lidl. I have my card, and any vouchers in my hand before I get to the till. I'm extra conscious of indicating in plenty of time, and correctly at roundabouts. My toddler is practically on house arrest, as she is wired to the moon!! I'm always wondering is there a Boardsie in the vicinity, though I always assume ye are all in Dublin, as a lot of TA's involve the Luas.

My TA so far today has been wrapping Christmas presents. I have never been able to cut a straight line with the scissors, so everything has a jagged edge. I lost the scissors a million times. I lost the end of the Sellotape a million times. The edges of boxes poked through the wrapping paper, and had to be patched up. Everything was just a big hot mess, really. On the plus side, there is no need for gift tags. They can just look out for the most sh*ttily wrapped gift, and will know it's from me ;)

• Advertisement

73Cat wrote: »
    My TA so far today has been wrapping Christmas presents. I have never been able to cut a straight line with the scissors, so everything has a jagged edge. I lost the scissors a million times. I lost the end of the Sellotape a million times. The edges of boxes poked through the wrapping paper, and had to be patched up. Everything was just a big hot mess, really. On the plus side, there is no need for gift tags. They can just look out for the most sh*ttily wrapped gift, and will know it's from me ;)

never wrapped presents in my life- pointless! until now, that is. there was a HUGE demand from the lady... presents HAVE TO BE BEAUTIFULLY WRAPPED.. just so she can undo the handy work.

danrua01 wrote: »
    never wrapped presents in my life- pointless! until now, that is. there was a HUGE demand from the lady... presents HAVE TO BE BEAUTIFULLY WRAPPED.. just so she can undo the handy work.

Our local Pharmacy provide a free wrapping service all year, so when my daughter decides to treat herself to lotion or potion, she avails of this , because she loves to get home and unwrap it.....a trivial happiness perhaps?

C'mon, its Christmas:D

Our local Pharmacy provide a free wrapping service all year, so when my daughter decides to treat herself to lotion or potion, she avails of this , because she loves to get home and unwrap it.....a trivial happiness perhaps?

Haha fair play to her! That's how you do it!

Right along those lines, I think I'm going to buy MYSELF a Christmas present tomorrow...some Guinness nicely wrapped in a pint glass, mmm.

Supermarket today. The woman in front of me has a bill of 135 odd. She fusses in her purse for an eternity then hands over 100 in cash and says she'll pay the balance by card. The card is well hidden and eventually appears. The cashier asks if she wants cashback. I think, what the.... And then she answers " yes, give me 80 please ". Now either they are as bad as each other or I'm missing some obvious logic is their transaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I suspect a lot of these onesies given as gifts are going to be "disappeared" by other halves before the new year, " did you see my onesie anywhere , dear ?" , "no" says other half, quickly changing the subject and avoiding eye contact.

I'd say so.

I was doing some shopping at the weekend, and saw loads of people buying them, presumably as gifts. Definitely not something I would want to find under the tree :eek: :D

• Advertisement

I'm actually a bit trivially happy that the presents are wrapped. Usually they are done in a begrudging sulky fashion on Christmas Eve night. I'm not smiling though, not losing the run of myself altogether;)

That reminds me of a TA from last Friday. I bought some presents, and the girl asked me would I like them wrapped. I was thrilled! She wrapped them in totally see through cellophane. What was the point of that? They may as well not have been wrapped at all:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Thats the prob right there;)
    Sorry Dan I had to get you back for your earlier post..It was TAing me:D

Colser wrote: »
    Thats the prob right there;)
    Sorry Dan I had to get you back for your earlier post..It was TAing me:D

well done, i like it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Supermarket today. The woman in front of me has a bill of 135 odd. She fusses in her purse for an eternity then hands over 100 in cash and says she'll pay the balance by card. The card is well hidden and eventually appears. The cashier asks if she wants cashback. I think, what the.... And then she answers " yes, give me 80 please ". Now either they are as bad as each other or I'm missing some obvious logic is their transaction.

Why couldn't she pay 20 cash and put the balance on her card, then she would still have 80 :(

My head.... :(

I made it back from Grafton Street without a bump or a bruise :)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I made it back from Grafton Street without a bump or a bruise :)

Excellent news! I got walked into on Camden street, this wan about a foot taller than me marched straight into me and I didn't move out of her way, she was like three steps passed me before she looked back to throw me evils. I hope the bitch fell and broke her leg on the way to wherever she was going

Why couldn't she pay 20 cash and put the balance on her card, then she would still have 80 :(

My head.... :(
    You tell me! I still can't make an iota of sense out of it. I think she just enjoyed holding up the very long queue and messing with our heads. The fact that the cashier was complicit in the farce only served to doubly annoy me.

I had a thought just now that unsettled me a little. Do you know the way we are all immensely talented at articulating and berating other people's TA's? I was just wondering...do any of us have TA's that bug other people? Oh God... imagine if we became what we despise most? I mean. I'm not going to start sporting flight socks or Nolans bags any time soon but can you imagine if we trivially annoyed others? (aside from the strays that occasionally wander in and accuse us of being trivially annoyed!) :D

edit: trying to think of at least one....

I had a thought just now that unsettled me a little. Do you know the way we are all immensely talented at articulating and berating other people's TA's? I was just wondering...do any of us have TA's that bug other people? Oh God... imagine if we became what we despise most? I mean. I'm not going to start sporting flight socks or Nolans bags any time soon but can you imagine if we trivially annoyed others? (aside from the strays that occasionally wander in and accuse us of being trivially annoyed!) :D

It annoys me that you'd think we'd get annoyed about little tiny trivially annoying things, ugh!

It annoys me that you'd think we'd get annoyed about little tiny trivially annoying things, ugh!

Isn't that the spirit of the thread? :)

edit: trying to think of at least one....

"We all become that which we despise"

Confucious - 1978, about teatime.

• Advertisement

Ooh I have one. I think I stare at people too much when they are talking ot me. They always say "oh you have great eye contact" but I think that's a thinly veiled "you staring psycho b.itch" :P

Not trivial as such but people who can't be arsed to help animals. In a different forum someone is considering driving a stray cat miles away and dumping it because it's fighting with their own cat. Sweet divine Jesus, and we call ourselves a nation of animal lovers.:mad:

Isn't that the spirit of the thread? :)

Oh I think so.... ;)

Not trivial as such but people who can't be arsed to help animals. In a different forum someone is considering driving a stray cat miles away and dumping it because it's fighting with their own cat. Sweet divine Jesus, and we call ourselves a nation of animal lovers.:mad:

What? F.uckers! If anyone did that to one of mine they wouldn't live to tell the tale. Ireland is a sh.ithole. It's as much a nation of animal lovers as China is a nation of dog lovers. We are the pits. We think we are animal lovers because we have working class morons who spend 300 quid on inbred shihtzus and bichons as some kind of status symbol but if we truly were dog people, we wouldn't have killed 4,000 unwanted dogs in pounds last year while we support puppy farms :(

I'm TA'd that this post hit a nerve :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I was just wondering...do any of us have TA's that bug other people?

Well I for one never ever want to eat in the company of some of you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Christmas Cards to my dead parents from people who don't know that they're dead. And with no surname, address or phone number, I can't contact them to let them know. All I have is 'Raymond and Elizabeth', I've asked my brothers and Aunt, and none of them have heard of these people. Very sad really. I imagine it goes on a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

My TA has to be when I headed off to the supermarket with my mam this morning to get the last groceries for Christmas. I swear I think some people just lose the head off themselves when they enter, stopping in the middle of aisles with a full trolley chatting to someone with another full trolley, forgetting that there is other people around them trying to get past or look at the shelves behind them. Saying that the queues for the checkouts were a mile long but everyone seemed in good spirits and patiently waited while the staff gave out sweets from Roses and Quality Street. In and out of the checkout with bags packed in less than 10 mins! That must be a record! ;)

People who message me in work via email or the internal IM system who say "Call Me".

Why can't they just pick up the phone and call ME?!?!?! :mad:

People who message me in work via email or the internal IM system who say "Call Me".

Why can't they just pick up the phone and call ME?!?!?! :mad:

Because they're *****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭IrishExpat

Maybe not trivial, but the amount of aggressive begging that goes on in certain European capitals and disinterested / under resourced police forces who are limited in their powers to stop it.

Was in Puerta de Sol today and it was ridiculous, between 7 and 9 women hassling tourists hours on end with their 'men' directing them who to target.

Always the same ethnic minority; no interest in integrating or contributing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Psychotic last minute shoppers. I was rammed with a trolley this morning by an old lady, rammed in the bum to push me forward out of her way, I wasn't in the way, I was moving in an orderly fashion through Supervalu picking up 2 bottles of prosecco and brie, and then she rammed me. I turned around and said "Ho ho ho to you too", thought I was being very droll and she said "Shove it up your arse", something she was clearly trying to do.
    Scarred I am. I may have had to go home and have a coffee with Baileys cream in it for the shock, and 1 or 2 more because the first one just didn't quite cut it.

The fridge is so full of food that the door needs a shove to close properly and my husband keeps forgetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

Yesterday it was collection buckets and chuggers in the city centre, today it's been Christmas carollers and chuggers calling at the door! Fúck off!!!! :mad:

Charity bag packers today. Girl tosses a bottle of wine on top of the bread - flattens bread. " it's fine" I say "I'd rather pack my own". She stomps off in a hissey fit.

It TA's me that my handwriting has gone to the dogs. I blame it on texting etc. , as I rarely need to actually write anymore. So when I have to send the odd note into the school, or write Christmas cards, it's like I have no control over the pen. The result is what looks like I have written it lefthanded and drunk :'(

73Cat wrote: »
    It TA's me that my handwriting has gone to the dogs. I blame it on texting etc. , as I rarely need to actually write anymore. So when I have to send the odd note into the school, or write Christmas cards, it's like I have no control over the pen. The result is what looks like I have written it lefthanded and drunk :'(

Tell me about it! My handwriting was never good - as a result of being left handed but forced to write with my right. But now, because I rarely use a pen for anything other than filling in crosswords, it has gone to the dogs. I'm actually embarrassed by it at this stage.

• Advertisement

Tell me about it! My handwriting was never good - as a result of being left handed but forced to write with my right. But now, because I rarely use a pen for anything other than filling in crosswords, it has gone to the dogs. I'm actually embarrassed by it at this stage.

Modern technology is great , but has a lot to answer for at times. I remember my Dad had lovely writing, and was very proud of it. People of his generation had writing that was very similar, I assume it is how they were taught to write. I am lucky now if I can read my own shopping lists these days .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭dublinstevie

I send a complaint to dublin bus each time my bus doesn't show up (every single Friday evening). They don't even respond anymore lol

Why should they?they are probably bored of your constant whinging and dont even read your email,just delete it,do you get satisfaction from being a grumpy whinging muppet

Why should they?they are probably bored of your constant whinging and dont even read your email,just delete it,do you get satisfaction from being a grumpy whinging muppet

TA of the day for me. People who don't comprehend the concept of a Trivial Annoyance.

Also, how will a company fix issues if people don't tell them what the annoying issues are? These companies are loosing money hand over fist - ultimately our money. They need to see the annoyance they cause and the reason people drift away from using their services. It's a TA that so many give out but rarely actually complain directly to the companies involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The abbreviation TA. Gets on my tits

Yes.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement