Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

efb wrote: »
    The abbreviation TA. Gets on my tits

Now that is a TA if ever there was one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Why should they?they are probably bored of your constant whinging and dont even read your email,just delete it,do you get satisfaction from being a grumpy whinging muppet

A re-read of the title of this thread might be of benefit to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

After a 5 hour shop spree in Portlaoise on Sunday with O.H sore feet, bored senseless over to McD's for a coffee n burger throw 4 milks into the coffee quick stir, little sip burnt the tongue, exactly what bloody temperature do they have the machine set at, SCALD? everyone knows water shouldn't be boiled for coffee, (this is what's making Ro Keating open a coffee shop here, or so it said in Hearld at weekend),

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why should they?they are probably bored of your constant whinging and dont even read your email,just delete it,do you get satisfaction from being a grumpy whinging muppet

I think most of us on this thread get immense satisfaction from being grumpy whinging muppets :P

73Cat wrote: »
    I think most of us on this thread get immense satisfaction from being grumpy whinging muppets :P

Especially if it's right back at a grumpy whinging muppet bus driver who was late again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I actually think that we are right and everybody else is wrong:DWe would be happy little campers if everyone else copped on and used their brains in normal everyday situations rather than acting the maggot:mad: When I read Scrameens post about the woman in the supermarket today i was heading out the door so couldnt comment but its been bugging me all day and I wasnt even there..I mean that really makes you wonder about how some peoples brains are wired:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

F*ck cancer, every single kind of it!

Colser wrote: »
    We would be happy little campers if everyone else copped on and used their brains in normal everyday situations rather than acting the maggot.

Oh dear Lord! God forbid! What would give us cause for trivial annoyances if that happened?

Don't loose the run of yourself. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I got a rake of tips in work today. I'm going to drop some of it in a trolley in tesco and hopefully someone who needs it will find it. It's bugging me though that someone I don't like might come And find it. I should have done it where I don't know anybody

Were else can you piss and moan for free all day every day. DO you KNOW how much therapy costs?? ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

How ridcoulsly uncool/able to handle busy social situations I am...after two days shopping im more aware of it and realise...thank god I don't have to be in such situation often....otherwise there would be page after page full of either me or people on about me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

TA: work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I haven't heard the speech but Sky news have a headline 'Was Cameron's speech to Christian?'. Eh, can I just say what the absolute fcuk:confused: It's Christmas eve, a 'Christian' time of year. I'm not religious but what other kind of speech do they want him to make:confused:

Ooh, it's like a ghost town here today !! My TA right now is I must look like a miserable bitch most of the time. That's judging by how many times I have been told to smile by my daughter today. I'm smiling on the inside, just distractedl on the outside!

Another thing that bugs me is how Henry V111, did away with wives because they didn't give him a son. Clearly, it was his fault as the man decides the sex of the child!!
    Hehe , I cooked dinner for everyone today, and nobody else wanted the sparkly wine, so I had to drink it all.

Merry Christmas ��!!!!

Had a bloody accident today. I much pain. :mad:
    Real cherry on the flippin' cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Jake1 wrote: »
    Had a bloody accident today. I much pain. :mad:
    Real cherry on the flippin' cake.

Drink big heap booze, make pain go away.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Our neighbours are having a massive row really loudly but not quite loud enough for us to hear what they're saying. We want to share the drama!

My husband and I rarely fight - we need to get our excitement from somewhere :D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Drink big heap booze, make pain go away.;)

I alcoholic, drink make me go away :p:D

I has big smokey instead :D

Woshy wrote: »
    Our neighbours are having a massive row really loudly but not quite loud enough for us to hear what they're saying. We want to share the drama!

My husband and I rarely fight - we need to get our excitement from somewhere :D

glass to de wall :)

• Advertisement

glass to de wall :)

We may or may not have paused Home Alone and done this. We have no shame! It was a humdinger :D

Then it woke up the baby and I was proper annoyed - not just trivially!

Woshy wrote: »
    We may or may not have paused Home Alone and done this. We have no shame! It was a humdinger :D

Then it woke up the baby and I was proper annoyed - not just trivially!
    Go on.....:D

Go on.....:D

yes do... spill ,dammit and tarnation !!! :D

I better not ...... To protect the guilty etc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,231 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

yes do... spill ,dammit and tarnation !!! :D

I'll bet someone forgot the batteries, someone always forgets the batteries! :mad:

<_<
    >_>

:o

Its out first year without Santa excitement in the house...feels very weird...will still be putting out the pressies later but its not the same...:( Enjoying the drinkies though and the no work in the morning feeling:)

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas to all me peeps, cranky bollox's the lot of you:) ;)

Thank for all the laughs. Have a lovely Christmas, one and all.
    No doubt we'll have loads to moan about tommorow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Its out first year without Santa excitement in the house...feels very weird...will still be putting out the pressies later but its not the same...:( Enjoying the drinkies though and the no work in the morning feeling:)

Years since we had Santa, but it gets worse:D

All three are home so its a good one,

Peace & harmony to all

Nite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

People posting pics on facebook of all the pressies their children got!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Samsgirl wrote: »
    People posting pics on facebook of all the pressies their children got!!

Nothing is sacred these days even Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

KKkitty wrote: »
    Nothing is sacred these days even Christmas.

Especially when the same people spend the rest of the year banging on about how "poor" they are on Facebook! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

My stupid crossed eye in photos aargh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Especially when the same people spend the rest of the year banging on about how "poor" they are on Facebook! :(

There's that too but it's purely showing off to others. My kids and their presents will not be paraded on social media. If family members want photos I'll send them on but that's it.

Aww some videos on my facebook this morning of kids going to check to see if santa arrived and then their excitement to see he did. I think it's cute, "he did come mammy! Look he did come!!"

I got my best friends little girl - and the love of my life (she's just gone 2) a teddy you can scribble on, playdough, a pink fluffy handbag, a makeup set and a tablet. I was obviously expecting Her to love the tablet the most considering it was her main present, but nope. She was all over that makeup set that was less than a tenner. Clearly she spends too much time around me and her mam because she was doing my makeup last night. Holding my head with Her hand and putting makeup on her brush to put on my face. "Eye" she would tell me before she came at me with lipstick. "Cheek" before shed turn my head. "Lips". "Nails."
    That kid has this makeup business sussed. Now granted she used the lipstick for all areas including the eyebrows but still; I know adults who don't even use brushes!

Well, I'm up and dressed here, awake since 7.45. The rest of them are still asleep, I'm starting to feel TA:(. Not a present opened. Smallest is almost 3, and slept in with her big sister last night, so they are all too cosy to wake up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Having a cold on christmas. :(

Also, I'll have to go to a family thing this afternoon and will be answering the same questions over and over again - when are we getting married, when are we going to have children, etc. Dreading it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Grown people putting pictures of their presents on Facebook. Why the need to show the world what you got?

The christmas present competition!!! It's nice to see kids with santa, adults taking pics of their stuff?? Not so much.

Also. I love trance/house music. But even I draw the line at a remix of jingle bells, wtf

I used to think it was wonderful, the bells in our local church , ringing out tunes intermittently throughout the day. Such dedication , I thought. That was until someone broke it to me that it's a recording. It has taken the shine off of it altogether. I thought those bell ringers had such talent, banging out the tunes. What's the point! Sure, I could open all my windows, and blast out some tunes on Christmas Day.

Silly Christmas day hangover!! Threw some fizzy good make feel nice (alka seltzer) and threw that up...goddamn!

Ah well, lookin forward to this dinner :)

Update on the father-in-law situation. For Christmas he bought my parents a cheap, fake my little pony from the €2 shop. It is pink and glittery. My dad thought it was a mistake but it wasn't. Awkward, oh so awkward!

This is what I am dealing with :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

Am currently standing outside work on St Stephens Day in the rain because I forgot to rota someone to come in at 8 and open up with me I'm feeling quite suicidal. It's bad enough that I have to work at all today without this **** , FML :(

Back at work as well. Ugh :{

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On the bus to Limerick, some stupid bitch moved seats at Kildare Village to the seat in front of me on a now-3/4 empty bus and reclined it as far as it would go. Twat.

On the bus to Limerick, some stupid bitch moved seats at Kildare Village to the seat in front of me on a now-3/4 empty bus and reclined it as far as it would go. Twat.

Why not move seats too? Just to annoy her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The other-worldy feeling I woke up with today. Don't think I really drank much yesterday though, and I poured a drink down the sink before I went to bed, can't be doing with forcing down a drink for the sake of drinking it.

Mean people. I'm friends with this couple who give each other really extravagant gifts, (ps4, games, clothes, runners, new phone for him. iPad jewellery ect for her) but they're real vulgar about it, dropping the price of everything into conversation. They asked me what my oh got me and then turned around and asked me how much he spent on me. This grinds my gears because my best Christmas present ever was from santa - a pair of roller blades, and as an adult it was a lot of my favourite things (fluffy socks, pjs, sweets, perfume, an IOU cuddle night) all together, it's not about how much it cost it's about the thought that went into it and knowing me well enough to know cow pjs and matching slippers would make me delighted, or knowing I loved Minnie mouse more than tinkerbell.

Not these though. Anyway - they got me a present so obviously I'm going to get them one back. I knew what I wanted to get them, I was going to spend about 30 each. And I knew they'd like it. So in passing I mentioned to him I would be getting their presents that weekend when I got a chance, and he turned around and told me "yours cost 25 so don't go too mad". I was raging he turned around and told me how much he spent on it so I was like feck that, and got him a money box that counts the coins as you put it in and I got her a pair of pjs. No thought whatsoever, I just didn't want to go over this "limit".

The day before xmas eve, he text me to tell me how disgusted he was with another friend of his, they'd spent 65 euro on this couple and their two kids and all they got was a box of chocolates.

Now I gave them their presents last night but neither of them said thanks so I'm pretty sure they think I'm a cheapskate now as well and that's bothering me like nobody's business, because I'm not a cheapskate at all.

Way to ruin present giving. I think I'm going to say it to them.

Mean people. I'm friends with this couple who give each other really extravagant gifts, (ps4, games, clothes, runners, new phone for him. iPad jewellery ect for her) but they're real vulgar about it, dropping the price of everything into conversation. They asked me what my oh got me and then turned around and asked me how much he spent on me. This grinds my gears because my best Christmas present ever was from santa - a pair of roller blades, and as an adult it was a lot of my favourite things (fluffy socks, pjs, sweets, perfume, an IOU cuddle night) all together, it's not about how much it cost it's about the thought that went into it and knowing me well enough to know cow pjs and matching slippers would make me delighted, or knowing I loved Minnie mouse more than tinkerbell.

Not these though. Anyway - they got me a present so obviously I'm going to get them one back. I knew what I wanted to get them, I was going to spend about 30 each. And I knew they'd like it. So in passing I mentioned to him I would be getting their presents that weekend when I got a chance, and he turned around and told me "yours cost 25 so don't go too mad". I was raging he turned around and told me how much he spent on it so I was like feck that, and got him a money box that counts the coins as you put it in and I got her a pair of pjs. No thought whatsoever, I just didn't want to go over this "limit".

The day before xmas eve, he text me to tell me how disgusted he was with another friend of his, they'd spent 65 euro on this couple and their two kids and all they got was a box of chocolates.

Now I gave them their presents last night but neither of them said thanks so I'm pretty sure they think I'm a cheapskate now as well and that's bothering me like nobody's business, because I'm not a cheapskate at all.

Way to ruin present giving. I think I'm going to say it to them.

I hate that sorta crap. What sort of disgusting person asks how much was spent on you/you spent on people?!

You should definitely say that to them, completely ruined it! I probably would've given him €25 in coins after that craic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

When people say they're on the way and you ask where they are n they say they're just leaving the house. That's not "on the way"

loubian wrote: »
    When people say they're on the way and you ask where they are n they say they're just leaving the house. That's not "on the way"

Had such a situation on Wednesday. Was meant to meet a friend in the pub, this happens:

- at half five he rings and says I'm in Pub A, I'll meet you at Pub B in five minutes (two pubs are around the corner from each other, I'm a five minute walk away)
    - get to Pub B, no sign. Other friends join
    - get a text saying I'll be there in five
    - shows up an hour later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Also, you suggesting something to someone, something that benefits them, but they just ignore you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement