Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Mean people. I'm friends with this couple who give each other really extravagant gifts, (ps4, games, clothes, runners, new phone for him. iPad jewellery ect for her) but they're real vulgar about it, dropping the price of everything into conversation. They asked me what my oh got me and then turned around and asked me how much he spent on me. This grinds my gears because my best Christmas present ever was from santa - a pair of roller blades, and as an adult it was a lot of my favourite things (fluffy socks, pjs, sweets, perfume, an IOU cuddle night) all together, it's not about how much it cost it's about the thought that went into it and knowing me well enough to know cow pjs and matching slippers would make me delighted, or knowing I loved Minnie mouse more than tinkerbell.

Not these though. Anyway - they got me a present so obviously I'm going to get them one back. I knew what I wanted to get them, I was going to spend about 30 each. And I knew they'd like it. So in passing I mentioned to him I would be getting their presents that weekend when I got a chance, and he turned around and told me "yours cost 25 so don't go too mad". I was raging he turned around and told me how much he spent on it so I was like feck that, and got him a money box that counts the coins as you put it in and I got her a pair of pjs. No thought whatsoever, I just didn't want to go over this "limit".

The day before xmas eve, he text me to tell me how disgusted he was with another friend of his, they'd spent 65 euro on this couple and their two kids and all they got was a box of chocolates.

Now I gave them their presents last night but neither of them said thanks so I'm pretty sure they think I'm a cheapskate now as well and that's bothering me like nobody's business, because I'm not a cheapskate at all.

Way to ruin present giving. I think I'm going to say it to them.

moneybox is the best thing to get them:pac::pac:

they sound awlful shower of cnuts cutting the back off othere not spending as much money as them (children are not cheap to buy for AFAIK)

i wouldn't bother getting them anything..they just wicked annoying and ungrateful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Sure isn't that the way this country has gone anyway starting at the top, Someone or something comes to the country and the first thing that is said is how much it is worth financially, even when the Queen of U.K came, she hadn't even left the Country and they were at it, no decency and it more than T.A's me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I got to 1,000 posts on my new account and didn't do a jig to celebrate :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I got to 1,000 posts on my new account and didn't do a jig to celebrate :(

Close this account and start a new one. It's the only logical thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Further update on the trivial annoyances caused by my father in law. Today he wore socks and sandals, outside, in the freezing sleet.

I don't know why it annoys me as much as it does!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The fact that Im gone so lazy, that Id lie on the sofa all day starving rather than go make myself a sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

The fact that Im gone so lazy, that Id lie on the sofa all day starving rather than go make myself a sandwich

The fact that I'm lying on the couch and this post has now made me want a sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

People eating with their mouth open.
    Messy eaters.
    Excessive drinking.
    People leaving doors open in Winter.

Loadssssssssssssssss more......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

People that fart everywhere, big loud smelly farts when your sitting there minding your own business, it's not even funny, its so crass and rude! puts me in an absolutely horrific humour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

People who post on Facebook, instagram, Twitter or snap chat what they go for X mess. Then going to the effort of making sure you got the perfect photo by lining everything up perfect by size and hight.

I don't care what you got and i won't be showing off what i got as there is no need to it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

The rotten little short arse bollix of an old man who told me to **** off in work today when I refused him a refund. No receipt and no packaging mean it's not in resaleable condition and no you aren't "entitled" to anything you ignorant cnut :(

people that throw an S at the end of every shop out there,
    Harvey NormanSSSSS
    TescoSSSS
    Saint Stephen'sssssss day,
    just bugs the sssssh1t out of me, the bloody spelling is over the shop front in BIG letterssss, aggggh.
    more wine, or bulmerssss,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

People who pull out in front of you at the last minute forcing you to brake and then snail it up the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who KNOW they're gorgeous and put up selfies of themselves in their best poses and then acting all modest when they get tons of compliments.

There's a girl on my Facebook friends list who is really beautiful but she fcuking knows it and is ALWAYS posting selfies of herself...then acts all surprised when she gets compliments from men and women alike.

What's even worse when vulgar looking yokes think they're gorgeous and put up selfies in seductive poses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

selous wrote: »
    people that throw an S at the end of every shop out there,
    Harvey NormanSSSSS
    TescoSSSS
    Saint Stephen'sssssss day,
    just bugs the sssssh1t out of me, the bloody spelling is over the shop front in BIG letterssss, aggggh.
    more wine, or bulmerssss,

Lidlssssss
    Aldissssss

going out...not drinking...

following morning....being just completely wreaked

Not going out drinking and getting woken up at seven minutes past three by your best friend drunk dialling you.
    Then getting woken again at sometime after 4, by a drunken wreck of an OH.
    Then being up at 6 to get ready for work.

Merry Christmas is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

when parents discuss what I was like when I was a baby to family friends in my presence. to me it's sortve like the 'cats mother' scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Robsweezie wrote: »
    when parents discuss what I was like when I was a baby to family friends in my presence. to me it's sortve like the 'cats mother' scenario.

the most detestable! and then they tell exactly the same stories over and over, to people who've already heard them 30 times. YES I KNOW I WAS LITTLE AND DID THINGS BABIES DO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The phrases "winning" or "breaking" the intrtnet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Seasonal TA - how my stomach seems to turn into a bottomless pit every Christmas. No matter how much food I stuff down there, I still feel hungry! It must be because there's just SO much food here. And there's always somebody passing some num nums around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

People that fart everywhere, big loud smelly farts when your sitting there minding your own business, it's not even funny, its so crass and rude! puts me in an absolutely horrific humour!

The only solution to this is counter-farting. Giving them a taste of their own medicine usually sorts them out.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Seasonal TA - how my stomach seems to turn into a bottomless pit every Christmas. No matter how much food I stuff down there, I still feel hungry! It must be because there's just SO much food here. And there's always somebody passing some num nums around.

I actually had to get up and go off out for a walk...otherwise id end up the size of a beached whale....Id say I ate more crap in the last week than in the whole year:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I actually had to get up and go off out for a walk...otherwise id end up the size of a beached whale....Id say I ate more crap in the last week than in the whole year:(

Well done for getting up! It's awful, the amount of crap around. I wish I could just say no! Said yes to a turkey sandwich at 2 this morning. Why?!?! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

The sad feckers who quene outside Eddie Rockets. The food isn't that great so why bother waiting for God knows how long in the freezing weather.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Letree wrote: »
    People who pull out in front of you at the last minute forcing you to brake and then snail it up the road.

Merc. drivers who don't use their indicators because they're very important........or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

fussyonion wrote: »
    People who KNOW they're gorgeous and put up selfies of themselves in their best poses and then acting all modest when they get tons of compliments.

There's a girl on my Facebook friends list who is really beautiful but she fcuking knows it and is ALWAYS posting selfies of herself...then acts all surprised when she gets compliments from men and women alike.

Not as bad as the selfies posted by the ugly who think that they're gorgeous. *shudders.:D I hate selfies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

Zemuppet wrote: »
    The sad feckers who quene outside Eddie Rockets. The food isn't that great so why bother waiting for God knows how long in the freezing weather.

People still queue for Eddie Rockets???

• Advertisement

When I post a picture to Instagram, and it automatically recommends filters. I don't need filters, I'm fabulous. And filters wreck photos, why filter them?

Planet X wrote: »
    Merc. drivers who don't use their indicators because they're very important........or something.

Coming down the N-M7 today the amount of cars not using indicators why bother put them on cars now,
    And the Quashqui (?) that pulled from left lane right out in front of a little car into the right lane in front of me made him hit the breaks, made me break, an no indicator and you wouldn't fit a gnats ass into the space that was there, Ba**ard,
    and the ones who drive the whole way in the right land regardless, then dive like a Stuka across the 2 or 3 lanes to take the exit over on the left side , GRRRRRRR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Can't. Stop. Eatinnnnnggg:( . I actually think I need a hose pipe down my throat to flush me through. I had all good intentions of going back to the porridge this morning, but there were sausages etc winking at me. Ordered in Chinese for dinner because I'm utterly sick of cooking. I feel like a big , fat greasy lump of everything unhealthy.

Disgusting bringing someone into our home, and clearly have a rampant cocaine problem, and then they blow their nose and blood splatters all over the bathroom mirror the sink and a big bloody booger on the sink. Filthy animal. That's not the first time I've had to clean up blood after him and I do not want him or his snots in my house. I'm livid.

It TA's me that I thank posts at times, and the thanks never materialize.

l am really hoping that people in Carlow take the warnings regarding the factory fire seriously. Watching a loved one die from exposure to asbestos is truly horrible. I f**king hate the mention of the word asbestos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i look at tv listings online,
    bbc.rte, etc
    IT Seems theres always spoilers for drama,s ,
    eg they descibe the whole plot,
    any major event that happened .
    People who write tv guides online do not seem to understand the concept of spoilers.
    I don,t mind it for old programs but the first time a program is shown on tv ,
    its annoying.
    TO know in advance , say who is the guilty person in a whodunnit
    seems pointless.
    Say someone dies in a soap opera its in the paper a week before the show is broadcast .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭berniepixie

people constantly borrowing stuff and not giving it back , uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Seriously are indicators even mandatory, or just a novelty for some???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,661 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Iced Caramels sweets - not sure who makes them but they made me puke when I was 7 and yet they're still in my face at Christmas.

People who leave their gear all over the place in the gym to make it look like they've commandeered half the equipment.

Snapchat.

Shít mayonnaise.

Baubles.

I'm trying to watch Graham Norton and my 70 yr old mother is taking selfies on her iPad and insisting that I admire them every 5 seconds!

I'm trying to watch Graham Norton and my 70 yr old mother is taking selfies on her iPad and insisting that I admire them every 5 seconds!

Now she is streaming Spotify full blast and singing along to Elvis, it's time to go home I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Bad irish accents,I'm watching Shallow Hal and the fathers accent is horrific :O

Oops69 wrote: »
    The fact that even M&S are doing onesies for men now , is nothing sacred , they'll be in BRown THomas'swindow next, a law needs to be enacted to limit them to Pennys only.
    oh dear :( if i saw a man in a "onesie" oh gawd I wld scratch my eyes out !!! ;(

Oops69 wrote: »
    The fact that even M&S are doing onesies for men now , is nothing sacred , they'll be in BRown THomas'swindow next, a law needs to be enacted to limit them to Pennys only.
    oh dear :( if i saw a man in a "onesie" oh gawd I wld scratch my eyes out !!! I hate them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

73Cat wrote: »
    I feel like a big , fat greasy lump of everything unhealthy.

And you fecking look like it, the state of ya, have you no shame ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Disgusting bringing someone into our home, and clearly have a rampant cocaine problem, and then they blow their nose and blood splatters all over the bathroom mirror the sink and a big bloody booger on the sink. Filthy animal. That's not the first time I've had to clean up blood after him and I do not want him or his snots in my house. I'm livid.

Quite frankly, Lexie, thats the time when you tell someone to get the fcuk out! And start to give serious consideration to who you allow in to your house.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Quite frankly, Lexie, thats the time when you tell someone to get the fcuk out! And start to give serious consideration to who you allow in to your house.

E, I might as well be banging my head off a wall. Told and told and told time and time again, not to be bringing that kind of carry on into our house. Yet - here we are. He's a "good friend". A good friend with clearly no respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

E, I might as well be banging my head off a wall. Told and told and told time and time again, not to be bringing that kind of carry on into our house. Yet - here we are. He's a "good friend". A good friend with clearly no respect.

You know what they say, "you can tell a person by the company they keep".

Anyone whose nose is blowing gushers all over someone else's bathroom sink and then doesn't have the decency to clean that up(:eek:)due to over consumption of Bolivian marching powder and is then defended by your partner is in essence saying "Well, he's a mate of mine and regardless of what YOU say about it in OUR home, I AM saying he is welcome here and you cant do jack about it"

IMO, someone else needs marching.

Tell me about it

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've come down to make the kids brekkie, while making it I've eaten 2 mince pies, 3 chocolate chip cookies and a handful of celebrations........wait, I've just realised this is not a TA at all. It's awesome.

And you fecking look like it, the state of ya, have you no shame ffs.

*hangs head in shame, scuffing toe of shoe* :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement