Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Control underwear. There I was last night trussed up like a chicken having hauled myself into my Spanx, complete with tights and feeling like I had a giant elastic band wrapped around my torso. Even one of the cats gave me a 'what the actual fcuk':confused: look when he came up to see what I was doing while getting ready to go out. He even let out a forlorn meow.

People who make you feel old. The young taxi driver who drove us to the pub last night asked if we'd been to the disco the night before. My answer was 'I haven't been to a disco here since '92'. That made me feel old, and no, we did not go to a disco last night either. Fecking shocking price of drink, it's been a long time since we went to a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Haha trying to get Spanx back on when you're drunk in the bathroom. Hope you enjoyed your night anyway pumpkinseeds

My TA having to go to my dads best friend and his partners house for dinner to catch up. When I promised to go, it seemed like a good idea but now having to get up, get showered, wash my hair, dry my hair, curl my hair, backcomb my hair, style my hair, do my makeup, try on about 6 different things before I find something that I least resemble an elephant in, seems like too much of an effort. And I'll still look like a pile of ****e so I might as well just go in tracksuits, if I even owned any.
    So tempted to cancel, but that's rude leaving it so late and I literally spent no time with anyone over christmas and I haven't had dinner that wasn't a sandwich since last weekend, so I should go. But the effort. And the indecisiveness. Kantkope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

People who judge presents by how much they cost

My TA having to go to my dads best friend and his partners house for dinner to catch up. When I promised to go, it seemed like a good idea but now having to get up, get showered, wash my hair, dry my hair, curl my hair, backcomb my hair, style my hair, do my makeup, try on about 6 different things before I find something that I least resemble an elephant in, seems like too much of an effort. And I'll still look like a pile of ****e so I might as well just go in tracksuits, if I even owned any.
    So tempted to cancel, but that's rude leaving it so late and I literally spent no time with anyone over christmas and I haven't had dinner that wasn't a sandwich since last weekend, so I should go. But the effort. And the indecisiveness. Kantkope

Go. Make the effort. You will be better for it. Life is better than sandwiches

efb wrote: »
    Go. Make the effort. You will be better for it. Life is better than sandwiches

Depends on what kind of sandwiches they are.:D

Depends on what kind of sandwiches they are.:D

No. I love food but sandwiches are not even in the top 10

Soup is the best food ever. Mushroom soup! Then sandwiches! I don't like too much going on in a sandwich so ham sandwich on its own or ham and cheese if it's going to be toasted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Soup is the best food ever. Mushroom soup! Then sandwiches! I don't like too much going on in a sandwich so ham sandwich on its own or ham and cheese if it's going to be toasted!

Mushrooms. There's 1 of my TA's. People eating fungus. ****ing disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Schwiiing wrote: »

I presume you eat bread or any baked goods? Drink any form of alcohol? All of them have yeast in them. Yeast is also a fungus. Therefore you also eat/drink fungus.
    Don't get me started on the bacteria products you're probably using. F***ing disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The Snapper.
    People who think you're mad if you don't like The Snapper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Don't like the Snapper. Thought the acting was absolutely cringeworthy.

Anyway, trivial annoyance: someone eating your special crisps that you'd been saving all week for when you were feeling better.

Felt much better this evening after a week of being ill..thought I'd have a nice glass of Merlot and my fancy cripps....but someone's had 'em :(

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

the music channels having their ads on at the same time.

Schwiiing wrote: »

Snap! and baked beans vile!

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Don't like the Snapper. Thought the acting was absolutely cringeworthy.

Anyway, trivial annoyance: someone eating your special crisps that you'd been saving all week for when you were feeling better.

Felt much better this evening after a week of being ill..thought I'd have a nice glass of Merlot and my fancy cripps....but someone's had 'em :(

Sensations Sweet Chili? (Wasn't me) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Ignorant selfish **** making me drive on icy roads and in thick fog because they can't bear to be out of the pub for 1 night.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

Sofa ads and ads for beds annoy the bejaysus out of me....especially on the shi""y uk channels... do the brits do anything but shop for sofas and beds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Stopped watching them years ago because of that synchronised horseshít.

not being able to sleep because stupid things decide to wait til now to dance around my empty head

• Advertisement

This, Sky music starting at 350, sky sports starting at 400. You'd think that's 50 channels of music. Eh no. It's about 12 channels, all break at the same time, the break lasts forever, and then two good songs will come on at once,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Control underwear...

I just love that. Please tell me it's made by Bosch or Audi?? :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Flesh coloured underwear on show. Nobody needs to see those fleshy shades of bra strap on show!

When your entire morning goes to shi.te and anything that could go wrong did go wrong. I was so cold last night I had a human hotwater bottle, a real hotwater bottle and I had my electric blanket on, which just made me extra cosy this morning and I couldn't drag myself from my bed.
    Then I was so late I couldn't even wash my hair.
    Missed breakfast.
    Have no makeup on.
    Still missed the train so had to have the OH drive me to another station half an hour away, and it's so frosty.
    Realised this morning I lost my purse and have no cards/cash.

I had to get his card though, which can take a better beating than my own, so I'm going to river island at lunch to cheer myself up and inject a little positivity into my day.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I just love that. Please tell me it's made by Bosch or Audi?? :):):)

Mr Pumpkinseeds was very nearly in the doghouse when he giggled at me when he saw me in it before I got dressed.:D Shapewear/control wear, they can call it what they like, it's still fugly and uncomfortable, but hey, it works.:)

Women who are what my granny used to refer to as 'mutton dressed as lamb'. There was an ex neighbour of mine in the pub the other night, she's got to be at least 45 and has a few kids. There she was dressed in sequined top, leather pants and thigh high boots, caking on more make up in the ladies on top of the 6 inches of slap she already had on. The effect wasn't so much sexy as musketeer meets 2 dollar hooker. Meeeoow.

It's just as bad when you see a young wan dressed like her granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When I see my RTE Licence fee going down the tubes...

Ray the Arsey, (poached back by RTE?) hosting a show for "Celebrities" and their dogs, prime time on Sunday evening, the first trial is based on retrieval from water, and none of the three dogs like water! Fcukin woeful stuff, not only do they insult us with sh1te, but the old chestnut "And now lets have another quick look at gob****e 1 making a tool of themselves again" And commentd like "Oh Rover is after grabbing one of Gavin's balls, snigger"

D'Arcy doesnt even like dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

I've only been gone couple of weeks and look at you moany buggers! :eek: Well done! :P
    Btw the name sucks but you've probably complained about it enough already.

I've just came here to show my face (not literally) and to say while I'm not around much I do miss you and hope that you all had a nice Christmas stuffing your faces and clogging them arteries with the almighty unhealthy food ;)

czechlin x

P.S.
    Yes, I've had few more skirt incidents since the last thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

czechlin wrote: »
    I've only been gone couple of weeks and look at you moany buggers! :eek: Well done! :P
    Btw the name sucks but you've probably complained about it enough already.

I've just came here to show my face (not literally) and to say while I'm not around much I do miss you and hope that you all had a nice Christmas stuffing your faces and clogging them arteries with the almighty unhealthy food ;)

czechlin x

P.S.
    Yes, I've had few more skirt incidents since the last thread :D

Was wondering where you got to....happy New Year

• Advertisement

Finding out the perfect man is gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

That's a dose. Was mad about this fella is town only to find out we were third cousins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Lemon cheesecake, state of it.

It's just as bad when you see a young wan dressed like her granny.

Ah, sure even Kylie Minogue retired her rear end when she hit 40.:D There comes a point in every womans life when regardless of how shapely she might be she has to accept that some clothes just look ridiculous on her after a certain age or once her clothes size goes into double figures.:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

No I'm not......zing

Ah, sure even Kylie Minogue retired her rear rend when she hit 40.:D There comes a point in every womans life when regardless of how shapely she might be she has to accept that some clothes just look ridiculous on her after a certain age or once her clothes size goes into double figures.:(

I agree, some awful looking things wedging themselves into things they've no business owning. Although you see girls my age dressed like OAPs too. It'd leave u wondering if they even owned a mirror.

TA - gob****es in restaurants taking photos of their food as soon as it comes out. No exaggeration either. Two clowns at table across from us, both of them arranging their food and snapping a photo before even picking up their napkin. Saps

Do you speak of the delicious Tom Ford. Id ate him off a stick with vinegar running down his arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Downright rudeness, and nastiness TA'd me today. Myself and my eldest and youngest went into town today. The eldest girl was pushing the youngest in the buggy. We walked from a side lane onto the Main Street, and ever so slightly veered into the path of an oldish couple. The street was by no means busy, and we didn't hit off them. Before we even had a chance to say sorry, the old fella goes "You'd want to get f**king glasses for yourself", big sour head on him and the wife. I'm the quietest person in the world, till someone is unnessecarily rude. "Happy f**king New Year to you too", I roared after him. It never ceases to amaze me how petty people can be. I hope they both get explosive diarrhoea!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

People who walk into a kitchen and start sniffing loudly like a fcuking dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Downright rudeness, and nastiness TA'd me today. Myself and my eldest and youngest went into town today. The eldest girl was pushing the youngest in the buggy. We walked from a side lane onto the Main Street, and ever so slightly veered into the path of an oldish couple. The street was by no means busy, and we didn't hit off them. Before we even had a chance to say sorry, the old fella goes "You'd want to get f**king glasses for yourself", big sour head on him and the wife. I'm the quietest person in the world, till someone is unnessecarily rude. "Happy f**king New Year to you too", I roared after him. It never ceases to amaze me how petty people can be. I hope they both get explosive diarrhoea!!

Jake1 wrote: »
    Do you speak of the delicious Tom Ford. Id ate him off a stick with vinegar running down his arse.

No this guy that comes into work to have his waxing done. He keeps coming back to me and God, I do be delighted seeing him come into the salon, he's unreal looking. Really tall, Northern accent, muscley, and smooth. Really good dress sense, lovely hair. Stubble. He looks like he fell out of a magazine. And then casually mentions his boyfriend today. Devastated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Gaelgores. So many of them are arrogant ignorant gits.
    I was in the breakfast hall in a hotel this morning and encountered a mammy yammering away as gaeilge to little Oisin and Una and Uacta Reoite at the self service area. No issues there. BUT when they were seated and a member of staff came to take tea and coffee orders they continued to address her and each other in Irish. Let's face it. The majority of the population have little more than basic Irish so to use it in this setting was ****ing rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

People you don't know asking you to have a loan of your glasses no like and you won't see about of then anyway lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

People you don't know asking you to have a loan of your glasses no like and you won't see about of then anyway lol

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Sex scene filled film just came on with the mother in the room. Time to leave that room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

Saving my boots advantage points for some lovely Molton Brown shower gel. Finally had enough and it's fūcking sold out. Feck them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,228 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Huh?

Spectacles GB, and depending on whether the person is very long or short sighted, they may not be able to see much through spectacles as thick as tumblers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

People having their birthdays right before, during and after Christmas. I know it's not their fault but FECK!!!

No this guy that comes into work to have his waxing done...

<ahem>

73Cat wrote: »
    ...I hope they both get explosive diarrhoea!!

:):):) Strong is this one with the Force! !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement