Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

jimgoose wrote: »
    <ahem>

I know Jim. This should have been a red flag, but hindsights a great thing. Although I wax my oh and he's straight (enough!) so, I don't know. Men are getting more into the manscaping I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

One of my mother's friends is now using the box room to bed down in.
    Why do they always come to us? I just wanted a quiet night in with some rum and coke but no.. our house always has to cater to the marital problems of others. Urgh. I have a strict policy of not getting involved with other people's conflicts but my mother never listens and so I have to be subject to the bawling and the drinking and the inadvertable noise filtering in from the living room.
    Boo-urns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...manscaping...

<click>

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

czechlin wrote: »
    People having their birthdays right before, during and after Christmas. I know it's not their fault but FECK!!!

As someone who has his birthday soon after Christmas, I can tell you that most people just scrimp on your presents :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

As someone who has his birthday soon after Christmas, I can tell you that most people just scrimp on your presents :(

Aww sorry to hear that, that's crap! Have a hug! *hug*

I'm not a Scrooge. I still get nice presents for the people it's just a pain because there are good few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

People having their birthdays right before, during and after Christmas. I know it's not their fault but FECK!!!

On behalf of my fellow birthday in Dec/Jan peeps sorry.

We get nothing as everyone is broke :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

People who say 'in before the lock'. Why do people post this? Do they feel special that they posted before a thread gets locked? That's as bad as posting 'Omg first!!!!!' on YouTube videos

Having an interesting dream, someone's just about to tell you something when the alarm goes off and now you'll never know what was about to be said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just catching up on the TA thread.

I need to know more about the pink sparkly pony given as a gift :D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"Hunt for killer shark" - why? Sorry but if you want to swim in a shark's natural habitat then you should be prepared to accept the consequences ie; that you might bloody well get eaten. Leave the poor f.ucking shark alone. All that can be achieved by killing him is satisfaction of mob blood lust and revenge.

People are such w.ankers

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    People who KNOW they're gorgeous and put up selfies of themselves in their best poses and then acting all modest when they get tons of compliments.

There's a girl on my Facebook friends list who is really beautiful but she fcuking knows it and is ALWAYS posting selfies of herself...then acts all surprised when she gets compliments from men and women alike.

Hate these f.uckers. They're as bad as the thoroughly average bints who insist on posting silly posing photos of themselves. I've a relative who's OH is well into her twenties, they've a kid together etc. I was looking at her profile the other day and every single photo of her was one of those silly schoolgirl pouting ones with big f.ucking angular eyebrows and a shocked expression on her face. Why do women do this? They all make the exact same face! :(

Aww don't hate on the angular eyebrow!

People who make you feel old. The young taxi driver who drove us to the pub last night asked if we'd been to the disco the night before. My answer was 'I haven't been to a disco here since '92'. That made me feel old, and no, we did not go to a disco last night either. Fecking shocking price of drink, it's been a long time since we went to a pub.

heeheee something similar happened to me a while ago. We'd an electric outage in our area and as I drove home, an usher stopped me to inform me that the youth disco was cancelled. "Do I look young enough to be going to a youth disco?" I asked, as I batted my delighted eyelashes at him. "No", he replied, "I just thought you might have had some kids in the back" :(:D

Aww don't hate on the angular eyebrow!

There's nothing wrong with an angle, it's when the bloody thing becomes a pencilled-on, anorexic, upside down V that I am annoyed, trivially so when it's paired with that stupid pout.

- people who have such bad breath that when they open their mouth while sitting next to you, is so potent would knock you out.

- girls who dress ridiculously. This young wan, 15 denier tights on her, lace short shorts, like so short that the boy shorts I've got on as underwear is covering more of me than her shorts is of her. Then she's there with a big massive Cape on her and a scarf. Ffs. If it's that cold out don't leave home without your pants.

-- the realisation that I'm turning into my mother, God help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

People that wake me up when I'm sleeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

No this guy that comes into work to have his waxing done. He keeps coming back to me and God, I do be delighted seeing him come into the salon, he's unreal looking. Really tall, Northern accent, muscley, and smooth. Really good dress sense, lovely hair. Stubble. He looks like he fell out of a magazine. And then casually mentions his boyfriend today. Devastated.

And it took you more than a minute to tell he was gay?

People who wish their other half a happy anniversary on Facebook.

Would they not just say it to their partner directly? With a card perhaps? And a ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    People that wake me up when I'm sleeping.

Well, when else are they gonna wake you up?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Would they not just say it to their partner directly? With a card perhaps? And a ride?

One of my gripes, it actually drives me into a mini rage, when someone posts a heartfelt tribute to a lost love one on an anniversary but directly 'talks' to them in the post.

They. Are. Not. Reading. It.

Couldn't agree with you more, just foolish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Another Facebook TA. Couples in the same house, the same feckin room, talking to each other via Facebook, and being the first to thank each other's stupid status updates. Paying creepy, heartfelt tributes to each other, and what amazing spouses they are. F**k right off, ya sad sacks!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    One of my gripes, it actually drives me into a mini rage, when someone posts a heartfelt tribute to a lost love one on an anniversary but directly 'talks' to them in the post.

They. Are. Not. Reading. It.

"21 yers ago today heaven got another angle. Even tho I was only 1 wen u left us u were a huge part of my lyf an i still miss u everyday grannie. i hope ur takin care of danny and snotzer up der and keepin an eye on us down here. ma says hi. u'll nvr walk alone. r.i.p. bridie. I luv u. From, jacinta xxxxoxox"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Sucking on a sports bottle cap like it's a mothers teat regardless of situation, slurrrrrrr-crinkle-POP!

Count to ten, breathe........

That "angle" craic wrecks my head !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

73Cat wrote: »

I think it's kind acute.

Well now you are just being obtuse !
    Ba. Dum. Tisssssshhhhhh;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Acute and obtuse pun already done. We're really just going in 2 pi radians.

73Cat wrote: »

I just describe them as NIKE eyebrows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

My birthday is VERY close to Xmas, and as a kid, when getting a gift from and aunt or uncle, you see it slowly dawning on them, and they would say "Ah, sure that will do you for your birthday as well..." or my main present would a bike from Santa, and a bicycle pump for my birthday:D

• Advertisement

"21 yers ago today heaven got another angle. Even tho I was only 1 wen u left us u were a huge part of my lyf an i still miss u everyday grannie. i hope ur takin care of danny and snotzer up der and keepin an eye on us down here. ma says hi. u'll nvr walk alone. r.i.p. bridie. I luv u. From, jacinta xxxxoxox"

ah ha haaaa :P RIP whores is what they are. Delighting in the shows of false grief and high drama. If they knew anything about bereavement they'd know the last thing someone wants to do when suffering grief is hop onto social media and start spewing this utter tripe. Friend of mine knew a group of young wans (the PB/Juicy Couture kind) whose group seemed to have a lot of teen/early twenties deaths and they had pretty much gone into competition with each other re shows of grief. There were funeral packages (hair, nails, makeup) as well as fights over who got to sing Angel/play the guitar/walk "up the aisle" first. Silly girls with no real concept of the finality of death, practising morbid oneupmanship. Tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    My birthday is VERY close to Xmas, and as a kid, when getting a gift from and aunt or uncle, you see it slowly dawning on them, and they would say "Ah, sure that will do you for your birthday as well..." or my main present would a bike from Santa, and a bicycle pump for my birthday:D

Happy birthday/ Christmas/ New Year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Happy birthday/ Christmas/ New Year ;)

All on the one card!

Happy (belated?) Birthday E!

People who spend ages looking at a treatment menu, then approach you and ask you prices of things. You just read it, ffs. The menu isn't lying to you.

Leaving a list of cleaning jobs to be done, and deliberately not booking people in this morning so as to give them a chance to do the cleaning without being disturbed. Getting to work an hour later and finding a new spotify playlist made, and no cleaning done. Grrr. I need to work on being more cross.

I'm still waiting for confirmation of my good news. I am getting angrier by the day.

I missed you guys. I was happy to be back this morning.

TA: forming weird emotional bonds with online people I've never met :(

Did you give the dog his lamb

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for confirmation of my good news. I am getting angrier by the day.

The Bible?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

On the RIP thing, I suppose most people mean well, but still come out with daft comments. I remember a friend of mine, when his young child died, being told "Ah God needed another angel in heaven" , his response was "That's bollox, if "god" needs more angels, why not just make them?"

Did you give the dog his lamb

I did. I ended up buying half a leg but there was a load of meat on it. So, I carved off some of the meat to give her the next day, and gave her the bone with some meat still on, on Christmas Eve. She also had her own mini portion of baked beef pudding (turkey mince was sold out!), lovely long roam in the forest, change of duvet, new blanket and extra cuddles because it's Christmas :)

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    On the RIP thing, I suppose most people mean well, but still come out with daft comments. I remember a friend of mine, when his young child died, being told "Ah God needed another angel in heaven" , his response was "That's bollox, if "god" needs more angels, why not just make them?"

Shudder :( I'd a cousin that died young and we practically had to gag my (albeit well-meaning) gran and drag her out of the house when he was being waked. She came out with some classics - "well he said he'd come home for Christmas and he did" / "at least now you don't need to worry about where he is at night and if he is getting into trouble"

I had a weird squirmy feeling in the pit of my stomach listening to her. Doctrine of transferred shame? :(

That's ireland for you. Not a good word to say about the living and its "some mothers son/daughter" that makes the dead into saints. Even with that scumbag that wrote himself off in prison over xmas, sure he's an "angle" now himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A friend of mine's brother had a baby that was stillborn a few years ago. At the funeral, my friend's stepmother told the brother and wife "well at least you can have another one" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

That's ireland for you. Not a good word to say about the living and its "some mothers son/daughter" that makes the dead into saints. Even with that scumbag that wrote himself off in prison over xmas, sure he's an "angle" now himself.

He's a 'wrecked angle' now I'd say.

A friend of mine's brother had a baby that was stillborn a few years ago. At the funeral, my friend's stepmother told the brother and wife "well at least you can have another one" :mad:

When my mother miscarried, a "kindly" friend said to her, "well you know, it was probably for the best...who knows what you might have had". :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

When my mother miscarried, a "kindly" friend said to her, "well you know, it was probably for the best...who knows what you might have had". :(

What the actual fcuk

What the actual fcuk

If I even wanted to give her a shred of the benefit of the doubt, perhaps she was alluding to the spontaneous abortion of non-viable foetuses...but I dont want to give her the benefit of the doubt because she is clearly an ignorant monster :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

My housemate every time i go to the loo even if i go at like 3am she wakes up and gos in and cleans it :rolleyes:. She called me a dirty pig LoL you can eat of the floor in my bedroom with how clean it is :p

If I even wanted to give her a shred of the benefit of the doubt, perhaps she was alluding to the spontaneous abortion of non-viable foetuses...but I dont want to give her the benefit of the doubt because she is clearly an ignorant monster :(

How to act:

1. Buy a lion/tiger/hippo;
    2. Feed her to it/all three.

My TA: my gf doesn't like the film Airplane!

• Advertisement

That's actually a common reaction to a miscarriage I think. People telling you there'll be other times or that it wasn't the right time or that it's natures way of getting rid of something that wasn't perfect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement