Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

73Cat wrote: »
    Another Facebook TA. Couples in the same house, the same feckin room, talking to each other via Facebook, and being the first to thank each other's stupid status updates. Paying creepy, heartfelt tributes to each other, and what amazing spouses they are. F**k right off, ya sad sacks!!!!

They are usually the ones who end up divorced or one of them incarcerated for killing the other!

We have a really noisy bed. It creaks and squeaks if either of us move even a little bit. My mother is staying over tonight and sleeping in the room below us and I just know it is going to sound to her like we are spending the whole night rutting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I tried on a wonderbra, seriously how are they popular? I could rest my chin on them. I could motorboat myself. They looked photoshopped on my body. I tried on a top over it and it was a horrific sight. Either I'm getting old or wonderbra is better off left in the 90s

People who make claims of performing superhuman feats without providing photographic evidence. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The way peppermint stuff makes your skin feel really cold. I ran out of exfoliater so had to grab foot scrub I use for pedicures. So tingly. Horrible Sensation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I'm trivially annoyed that nothing has trivially annoyed me yet today. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Someone in the neighbourhood has a new puppy. I know they have a new puppy as it's doing what puppies do and yapping excitedly, that's setting off every other dog in the neighbourhood that's out in it's back garden.

Vel wrote: »
    We have a really noisy bed. It creaks and squeaks if either of us move even a little bit. My mother is staying over tonight and sleeping in the room below us and I just know it is going to sound to her like we are spending the whole night rutting!!

Sounds like ya might as well go for it and do a bit of rutting then, better to be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Small Talk

yeah yeah yeah,
    the size of the box of Roses
    the inferior quaity of the Roses
    the kids get too much these days
    there'll be a stretch in the evenings soon
    a lot of hype for 1 day

It's exhausting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

MJ23 wrote: »
    Small Talk

yeah yeah yeah,
    the size of the box of Roses
    the inferior quaity of the Roses
    the kids get too much these days
    there'll be a stretch in the evenings soon
    a lot of hype for 1 day

It's exhausting

Good Christmas?

Any plans for New Year's?

Is it raining again?

Ah sure we're paying for our summer now.

Yeah once it's dry it's ok.

Did you head into the sales?

Well, any resolutions?

F.uuuuuuuuuuck oooooooooooooooooooof!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

This time next year it will be all over.

So many things I am awaiting confirmation of - still waiting for my good news, which may not be as good as I thought and now I am slightly terrified! Waiting for a text from my OH who I am not talking to. Waiting for a text from my dad to tell me how much it will be to repair car. Waiting for a f.ucking text from St Peter to confirm if he has a locker and towel in my name and then....and then! My phone vibrates! What can it be? Good news? Not so good news? Car quote? Message from apologetic OH? St Peter confirming my name's on the list?

"I'm on the bus" - from my poxy f.ucking friend who I am seeing at lunchtime. I'm on the bus - would you ever f.uck off with yourself! Notwithstanding the fact that we already have a pre-arranged time and I cannot leave work before then anyway, so texting me updates of your journey is futile, do you not realise that every text now sends me onto another planet of panic and trepidation?! On the f.ucking bus. Of all places too :(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    So many things I am awaiting confirmation of - still waiting for my good news, which may not be as good as I thought and now I am slightly terrified!

I'll be more than TA if we don't get to hear what this good news once you get confirmation:D

Sounds like ya might as well go for it and do a bit of rutting then, better to be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. :D

Just the thought of her down there hearing would have led to the legs staying involuntarily clamped shut:D

Which reminds me of a TA I would have posted on here when I was in college if this thread had existed! Out of my tree one night and decided it would be a good idea to bring a guy home - to my parent's house who I happened to be living with. He ended up having the loudest snore known to man and I completely panicked and shunted him out of the bed and out the door at about 5am, about 2 hours after we had arrived back there, much to his disgust. Especially considering he lived right across the other side of the city and he didn't even get the ride!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

My friend always says he'll meet me at half six or seven , one or half one etc
    Which means I'm nearly always left hanging around like a tool for half an hour. If I ever decide to turn up at half one he comes at one on the dot. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Jake1 wrote: »
    is he still wearing the Jerusalem cruisers with socks

Yes!!

He is also the laziest Man in the world. I'm feeling pretty rough today and have a sore back and tummy. We're staying in a holiday home and leaving today so we have to clean. He sat there and watched me vacuuming, wincing the whole time. And he made a big deal about how he cleaned the kitchen but he just washed some dishes, nothing was put away and no surfaces wiped down or anything else so I had to go over the kitchen again. He sat on his ass and watched me do it.

• Advertisement

selous wrote: »
    My O.H is a manager in a private place, 2nd to the owner, all the staff are told to keep 5 days annual leave to cover the two weeks over Christmas/New Year, BUT owner decided not to open on Friday 2nd, and DEDUCTED a days pay from everyone that didn't have 6 days left (no one did), Owner left on her holls on the Wednesday and left my O.H to face the flack, but she got shortshifted too, lost the days pay an has no explanation for the staff, Owner also didn't put the wages thru till after 6pm on Christmas Eve, So this in my O.H's T.A, Is this one a Grinch or just a Christmas Cnut??? I told her get the staff on Monday to stay outside until this is cleared up and/or staff is paid,
    Surely friday 2nd would come out of the 2015 leave anyway. I'm pretty sure she can't just do that with no notice anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who say Two Fifteen instead of Twenty Fifteen or Two Thousand and Fifteen

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

bluewolf wrote: »
    Surely friday 2nd would come out of the 2015 leave anyway. I'm pretty sure she can't just do that with no notice anyway

Possibly not as the holiday year runs March to March for many companies, where I work it does anyway.

Woshy wrote: »
    Yes!!

He is also the laziest Man in the world. I'm feeling pretty rough today and have a sore back and tummy. We're staying in a holiday home and leaving today so we have to clean. He sat there and watched me vacuuming, wincing the whole time. And he made a big deal about how he cleaned the kitchen but he just washed some dishes, nothing was put away and no surfaces wiped down or anything else so I had to go over the kitchen again. He sat on his ass and watched me do it.

Is this the guy who gave the pink sparkly pony as a gift? I need to know more :D

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Is this the guy who gave the pink sparkly pony as a gift? I need to know more :D

It is. He is very special!

I'm counting down the days until he leaves at this stage. I'm a terrible daughter in law :)

My husband did discuss the sparkly pony gift with him and he said he thought it was pretty and would look nice in my parents China cabinet :D

• Advertisement

Having an appointment in Mac at 4 to get my makeup done real dramatic. Supposed to be finished work at 3:45. Some wench just booked in for 4 to have her makeup, and now I have to cancel my own. Distraught. I am listening to konmak all morning getting myself revved up and now I'm seriously disappointed.

It is. He is very special!

I'm counting down the days until he leaves at this stage. I'm a terrible daughter in law :)

My husband did discuss the sparkly pony gift with him and he said he thought it was pretty and would look nice in my parents China cabinet :D

I hope, in the course of the discussion your OH had, that he suggested your FIL ram said pony up his own hole.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I hope, in the course of the discussion your OH had, that he suggested your FIL ram said pony up his own hole.

He was very tempted - I would not have been so polite!

His trip started off on the wrong foot tbh. He forgot to pick up his luggage in dublin airport. He said he followed the guy in front and was suddenly out in the arrivals hall. We had to wait 2 hours in a coffee shop for him to get it back. I was more than just trivially annoyed, let me tell you!

I'm sure it will. :D

I hope they said a la Fr Ted, 'you really shouldn't have...' :D

He was very tempted - I would not have been so polite!

His trip started off on the wrong foot tbh. He forgot to pick up his luggage in dublin airport. He said he followed the guy in front and was suddenly out in the arrivals hall. We had to wait 2 hours in a coffee shop for him to get it back. I was more than just trivially annoyed, let me tell you!

Next year, I would give the pony back to him, with a dildo, and if he does not like the pony, he can go fcuk himself.:D

I will keep it in mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Having a banging headache with about two days....go for a lie down to relax for half an hour....
    next thing me nose decides to start pumping blood for no ****ing reason.....Jesus I hate headaches

Having a banging headache with about two days....go for a lie down to relax for half an hour....
    next thing me nose decides to start pumping blood for no ****ing reason.....Jesus I hate headaches

Banging headache and nosebleed? :( Have you been to GP?

My sister just farted silently into the electric heater in my mothers sitting room, the pungent aroma rapidly filled the room. My mother shrieked at her to get out into the hall :)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Banging headache and nosebleed? :( Have you been to GP?

No...I get these off and on with years....
    Something to do with synisis and blood pressure...I think they fobbed me off/told me with years ago....
    Half afraid to get a second opinion if im honest like....though on the plus side it does clear the headache

I really wanted to go drinking for once and all tonight

• Advertisement

No...I get these off and on with years....
    Something to do with synisis and blood pressure...I think they fobbed me off/told me with years ago....
    Half afraid to get a second opinion if im honest like....though on the plus side it does clear the headache

I really wanted to go drinking for once and all tonight

Sounds a bit mad but if you rub a bit of Vicks vaporub into both of your temples it gets rid of bad headaches quickly and it's also great for clearing your sinuses if you rub a bit under your nose. Watch the nosebleeds though, my dad had a history of bad headaches and nosebleeds that he ignored for years, right up until he had his first stroke.

Sounds a bit mad but if you rub a bit of Vicks vaporub into both of your temples it gets rid of back headaches quickly and it's also great for clearing your sinuses if you rub a bit under your nose. Watch the nosebleeds though, my dad had a history of bad headaches and nosebleeds that he ignored for years, right up until he had his first stroke.

Thanks...might try that...I'd usually go to the beach..as I find it good to clear them...I gets an awlful killing off my synsis ...but was too windy and miserable today for the beach

Ya...its something worries me from time to time...as there obviously linked someway...as it does clear the headaches....the more times im after waking up stuck to pillow with blood is more than a bit embarrassing...though im after growing out of it a good bit...anyway enough about my weirdness :P

Thanks...might try that...I'd usually go to the beach..as I find it good to clear them...I gets an awlful killing off my synsis ...but was too windy and miserable today for the beach

Ya...its something worries me from time to time...as there obviously linked someway...as it does clear the headaches....the more times im after waking up stuck to pillow with blood is more than a bit embarrassing...though im after growing out of it a good bit...anyway enough about my weirdness :P

It's the nosebleeds to watch out for, often a sign of high blood pressure. Maybe get one of those home blood pressure check machines as a gift for yourself, you can get them in a lot of places for about a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭DeJa VooDoo

Not being able to edit my posts here as a new user...
    Have to get to 50 afaik...

It's the nosebleeds to watch out for, often a sign of high blood pressure. Maybe get one of those home blood pressure check machines as a gift for yourself, you can get them in a lot of places for about a tenner.

Jesus you have all paranoid out of me head now!!!

They won't look at me weird now if I tells them I find xmas stressful!!! :/

Jesus you have all paranoid out of me head now!!!

They won't look at me weird now if I tells them I find xmas stressful!!! :/

Just think of it as giving yourself a New Year MOT. Better safe than sorry and keeping an eye on your health is a good thing.:)

I will keep it in mind!

Maybe its a whole different experience actually spending time with him in real life but over the internet here he sounds like a DUDE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

My sister just farted silently into the electric heater in my mothers sitting room, the pungent aroma rapidly filled the room. My mother shrieked at her to get out into the hall :)

Thats gratitude for you. You spend years and money raising someone and how do they thank you? By coming round and breaking wind into your heater.
    It makes my blood boil :mad::mad::mad:

When people are utter knobs. I had to cancel my own NYE makeup because someone made an appointment in work which meant I had to stay late. I was supposed to be finished at 3:45 and it was 5:45 when I left work, because some well known irish model used a fake name to make an appointment. Arrived fifteen minutes late for her appointment with a full face of makeup which meant I had to do a mini facial too to remove it all. By the time she left, I'm so exausted I'm not even excited to go out anymore.

I wanted to go to get a pair of control knickers too, the shops were all closed by the time I got there. Then to make matters even worse, I got on the luas, some guy offered me his seat, insisted I took it and that he'd prefer to stand then when seats cleared at the next stop, he sat back down. Now I'm paranoid I look pregnant and I don't even have any control knickers for tonight.

Then when I got to the train station I missed my train, by 35 seconds. It was right there on the platform but the gates were closed. So im getting a train somewhere else and someone will have to pick me up.

I'm starving, nothing to eat the whole day. I've a headache from the stress. And the best night ever is just going to be a ball of ****e because I have no underwear or no makeup done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Brought the missus and the kids out for lunch/dinner. The place we went to was fairly empty downstairs. Upstairs was some sort of kids birthday party going on.
    As the place was near empty, but fairly noisy from upstairs, we let the kids off the leash a bit, and the staff were encouraging it by giving the kids balloons. The rest of the patrons were having a laugh at the kids as well so nobody seemed put out by it all.
    Throughout the meal (I had an excellent Carabonara, fairly boring, but it's always good in this particular place) there was gas building up in my belly. So there were a few little farts gusting out by the end. At one point the waiter came over to take my empty plate but I had to usher him away quickly as I has just squeaked out a stench of rancid death.
    I then contained myself for another while, table was cleared, desert, coffee finished. The waiter came over to drop the cheque on the table. I did not know the waiter was en-route. I didn't spot him coming, and let the lid off my ar$e for a few seconds. Just as I done this (twas silent) he leaned over me and inhaled all at the same time, the change in facial expression was incredible. It was like rotten eggs, mixed with newborn nappy mixed with 3 day old Indian food. I even noticed him going for the second sniff to see if it was real.
    Quickly paid and started to get out of there. But as I had started moving, I lost all control of my gas valve. Essentially let a ripper, that lasted about 5-6 seconds, echoing around and resonating from cheek to cheek while I walked. Fairly audible to about a third (I would estimate) of the dining area. God and the few remaining people in the restaurant only know what it smelled like, and how long it lingered.
    My trivial annoyance is that I wasn't able to hang on to it to give the missus the best Dutch oven ever tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Dutch oven?

Dutch oven?

You can't google a smell

But afaik it's farting in a car and locking the Windows and doors

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dutch oven?

Farting in bed, then putting her head under the blanket.....and not letting her or it out.

People who offer to wash the dishes and leave loads of stuff to "soak" when it just needs to be ****ing washed. And then of course they never come back to clean them when they've finished "soaking" so you have to do a large proportion of the dishes yourself anyway - and of course they feel they've helped and are off the hook. Grr...

We are currently dishwasher-less and I miss it so much!

People who would not normally give you the time of day, wishing you a Happy New Year......fcuk off.

• Advertisement

I used to work with someone who was still wishing people Happy New Year by St Patrick's Day...might be slight exaggeration :D...but, it was trivially annoying. Every phone call, every person who passed by her desk...

Having a vegetarian over for dinner today, head is melted, trying to keep foods separated .

Separate roast potatoes ( goose fat ) , separated sprouts, ( i roast mine with streaky bacon),

Id never make a chef..:o:( the bleedin stress :)

On Facebook and some dope on one of the Buy and Sell pages, " eny1 no wot shops are open 2day pls" then when people reply telling her only one or two Tesco stores are open, " Feck sake I wanted to return stuff to Next" can you not go one day without being in the shops you empty headed pleb?? Grrrr :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

When you say something to someone, and they go "huh?" in response. Why is that annoying? Because it does nothing to solve the problem, that's why.

If you don't understand what I say, I don't know why unless you tell me why. Even if it is my fault, I'm not doing it on purpose. Here is a list of possible reasons why you did not understand what I said:
    - you weren't listening
    - you were distracted by something else
    - I was talking too quietly
    - I was talking too quickly
    - I used one or more words that are not in your vocabulary
    - I slurred a crucial word or two (it happens)
    - there is too much ambient noise

Which of those is it? Even if you don't know, a polite "could you please repeat that?" is much better than a brusque "huh?".

In polite conversation, everyone should be at ease, with no overt assignment of blame. It's a conversation, not a contest, no winners and no guilt.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

It annoys me when people who constantly say 'sorry' about stupid things. It seems to an Irish thing.

- someone almost walks in to you on the street "ooh sorry..."
    - on a plane, train or bus and someone who is sitting by the window seat and needs to squeeze past you on the aisle "sorry, can I get in there? thanks.. sorry sorry.. thanks" FFS
    - walking through a door in a hallway or shop and the person letting you pass or coming through the door says sorry.. wtf!

I also find the use of the word 'cheers' instead of 'thanks' irritating.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement