Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Getting food tonight, and I engage in words with some female. She finds it okay to racially abuse the lads (who I know well) behind the counter about her food taking longer than 90 seconds, while I try to advise that it's worth the wait. She clocks me over the head with her heavy-base handbag (which is still hurting), and then threatens me with death several times, saying there's a car full of her friends waiting to 'do me because I'm f**king dead'.

Very annoying mes amis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I thought finding selfies of people on my Facebook page was bad. Today it got worse, there was a photo of someone taking a photo of someone taking a selfie. Now, this person posts selfies at least once a day every day. She's late 40's, shaped like an underweight teenage boy and single and not remotely attractive, I almost feel like I should post 'eat something' on her timeline when she starts ranting on about her latest gym craze or bootcamp.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

The way the self-service checkouts in Dunnes give you back most of your small change in copper coins!!

Me back is fecked from lugging me bag around, full of shrapnel! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Off licence opening hours.

Got up early to be at supervalu when they opened at 0800. Had some people coming g over for dinner and needed to pick up the grub and a small bottle of wine for cooking.

Could not but the poxy wine until 1030 so had to come back out again.

What is the point of restricting the purchasing of alcohol until 1030am. It's a pain in the hole that's all it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's 12 on Sunday's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

It's 12 on Sunday's

It's bloody madness.

Can somebody give one good reason why it should not be sold until 1200 on a Sunday ?

Tzardine wrote: »
    It's bloody madness.

Can somebody give one good reason why it should not be sold until 1200 on a Sunday ?

Nope

Nope personally I think it should be open all night. We were out in Brighton one weekend, got back to hotel after the night out, got a taste for more alcohol and went and found an off licence open at about 2am. Swigging neat vodka from a paper bag on the way back to hotel. That's how you finish a weekend.
    It's a balls that when you want to bring people back after the nightclub that you can't find anywhere to buy drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I can go either of two ways home from my sister's house. One way all main road , with a million roundabouts and busy enough. The other a windy, hilly, dark back road that you can nip around, and probably not meet another car. I chose the back road this evening. I hit what felt like a massive pothole, that I swear was not there before. Punctured tyre and damaged alloy :(. I had to fess up to OH that I used the back road. He always tells me not to because of the potholes, and there really isn't that much time saved on it anyway. Ugggghhhhh:(

• Advertisement

73Cat wrote: »
    I can go either of two ways home from my sister's house. One way all main road , with a million roundabouts and busy enough. The other a windy, hilly, dark back road that you can nip around, and probably not meet another car. I chose the back road this evening. I hit what felt like a massive pothole, that I swear was not there before. Punctured tyre and damaged alloy :(. I had to fess up to OH that I used the back road. He always tells me not to because of the potholes, and there really isn't that much time saved on it anyway. Ugggghhhhh:(

Don't ya hate it when they're right?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Don't ya hate it when they're right?:D

I know:(

73Cat wrote: »
    I know:(

He'll be insufferable now:)

When people feel the need to tell you look like someone "famous". Because I happen to maybe share the same hair colour. The pub I usually go to, it's either dita von teese or imelda maye. I'm no oil painting but I certainly don't look like either of those. And each time someone says it, I smile and pretend I haven't already heard it. Simpletons.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Matta Harri

When people feel the need to tell you look like someone "famous". Because I happen to maybe share the same hair colour. The pub I usually go to, it's either dita von teese or imelda maye. I'm no oil painting but I certainly don't look like either of those. And each time someone says it, I smile and pretend I haven't already heard it. Simpletons.

I quite enjoy when someone tells I look like someone famous. I know they're full of it of shiite but I'm shallow..........

I quite enjoy when someone tells I look like someone famous. I know they're full of it of shiite but I'm shallow..........

I wouldn't mind if it was kim kardashian or someone alright, but I get the mutts of the celeb world!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

in a work/study/group setting - when you go out for some reason and then when you're coming back down the corridor one of the group you dont know or just kinda know is walking up the corridor toward you - its always so awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

A speed bump on a bend. So all 4 wheels hits them individually no matter what speed you're doing rattling the bejaysis out of the car and it's occupants.
    Who the fuk engineers this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Waking up and finding my twitter feed polluted by boring NFL tweets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Greetings and happy New Year to you all. After a quiet, pleasant Christmas filled with over-indulgence of all kinds, this morning's Trivial Annoyance is the whole business of facing into yet another year of irritating bloody nonsense. Scandal, skullduggery and malevolent incompetence proceeds apace in Ireland. Further afield, the police are apparently on a go-slow in New York, cutting out, among other things, "unnecessary arrests" and begging the question, what were they doing hitherto?

Economically, the Greeks are even more fúcked than we had previously supposed and are setting fire to stuff once more. The Russians are fúcked largely because of the oil situation but also because Mr. Putin is an incorrigible arsehole.

The Germans are about to be fúcked. Apparently they've decided that controlling monetary policy in such a way as to fúck most of the surrounding economies has been working so well for the last seven years or so that they're going to do it to themselves. It's all to do with this latest Holy Grail of theirs, i.e. zero percent inflation.

Now, I'm no economist, but it seems to me that if an economy is presenting with zero percent inflation then it isn't doing anything useful, i.e. it is dead, it is horlicksed, it is an ex-parrot. There are microeconomies in certain uninhabited parts of Montana, for example, that show near-zero percent inflation, and this doesn't necessarily translate into the kind of productivity and prosperity on the ground, as 'twere, that some august texts would have one believe.

So I'll be keeping one eye on our Temeritous Teutonic Titans, that is if I can find enough to eat for the duration of the year. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Last day of Holidays so I'm trying my hardest to not go back to bed, otherwise I'll be awake all night and like a demon tomorrow morning:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

First day back in work and people keep wishing me a happy New Year. Stop it!

A lot of them want to shake my hand as they do this. STOP IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Seeing the unread emails figure in Outlook spiral into three figures because you dared to take a long Christmas break while your Canadian colleagues didn't. Need more coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Mondays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Seeing the unread emails figure in Outlook spiral into three figures because you dared to take a long Christmas break while your Canadian colleagues didn't. Need more coffee.

Don't panic, most of it will be machine-generated spew. Especially if they're Canadians, eh! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 ShawC5

Arrive at work place 1 minute late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Back to work. Wish I was dead. Send help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 ShawC5

Back to work. Wish I was dead. Send help.

Same here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Operation transformation

Can't believe someone got here before me :( I despise this show with every fibre of my being. Watching some kind of catch up show last night (not by choice but it was on in the room with all the drink and quality street) and I'm sitting there thinking is it just me or did most of them get fat again? Quelle surprise... :rolleyes: And then they start bleating on about the meaning of life, having dreams and goals, being fulfilled and happy and looking forward to the future? I said to my less than impressed mother, "they actually got all that from shutting their pie holes??" :P It's not that big a deal really, it's just food. Eat less and you'll lose weight.
    That programme annoys me so much that I'm even annoyed that you mentioned it here.

I'm annoyed by both the show and it's followers. Do people not realise they are living in a binge and purge cycle? Get fat at Christmas. Starve themselves for the new year. Get fat again at Easter. Try to slim into a "beach body". Fail. Get fat. Try to lose it for Christmas. Lose a bit. Get fat again at Christmas. A little bit of moderation ALL year would be far more beneficial. Oh and another TA is the idea that you are supposed to find one fat f.ucker the same as yourself and follow them. Kind of like when the spice girls were popular and you had to identify with whichever one was closest to you.
    It's contrived rubbish, more to do with whoever has the biggest sob story than wanting to lose weight :mad:

Yes. Especially if you tune in halfway through and you hear people talking about big achievements in their lives. Is this "This is Your Life?" one wonders. No, it's just a program cashing in on our voyeuristic nature as we watch people struggle with what is, at the end of the day, simply a complete lack of self-control.
    When I worked in retail, people approaching the counter on their phones did my head in. It got to the stage where I wouldn't start their order until they got off their phone. So rude
    I thought finding selfies of people on my Facebook page was bad. Today it got worse, there was a photo of someone taking a photo of someone taking a selfie. Now, this person posts selfies at least once a day every day. She's late 40's, shaped like an underweight teenage boy and single and not remotely attractive, I almost feel like I should post 'eat something' on her timeline when she starts ranting on about her latest gym craze or bootcamp.:mad:

Both drive me mad. There are some customers who have a way of counting out change that is really patronising or something. As if they are giving a penny to a beggar. The way they pick it out of their wallet and pplace it on the counter and then look expectantly at the cashier...
    DoozerT6 wrote: »
    The way the self-service checkouts in Dunnes give you back most of your small change in copper coins!!

Me back is fecked from lugging me bag around, full of shrapnel! :)

I use them as an interest free way to get rid of lots of smallies.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I sometimes go to a meeting for a few hours and come back to emails in the 3 figure catagory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

gammygils wrote: »
    A speed bump on a bend. So all 4 wheels hits them individually no matter what speed you're doing rattling the bejaysis out of the car and it's occupants.
    Who the fuk engineers this?

This is similar to what I came to complain about.

Speed bumps on a bicycle path at thing the bottom of a hill, first thing you hit when you start going up it?!? There not even to slow the downhilllers as the bicycle traffic in that direction is on the other side of the road. Also, they are they are the same colour as the road and not indicated in any way. First I knew of them I was about 3 foot up in the air, I thought ET has finally come for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I wouldn't mind if it was kim kardashian or someone alright, but I get the mutts of the celeb world!

IMO Kim Kardashian is an abomination, Frankensteins monster, how anyone in their right mind could find that huge fat ass attractive, is beyond me.

Curvy is one thing, having bags of potatoes inserted in your butt cheeks is a completely different matter.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Greetings and happy New Year to you all. After a quiet, pleasant Christmas filled with over-indulgence of all kinds,
    . :D

Mr Goose, welcome back, nice of you to join us. It was a bit too cheery round here:D

Still waiting for confirmation of good news. Feck.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    IMO Kim Kardashian is an abomination, Frankensteins monster, how anyone in their right mind could find that huge fat ass attractive, is beyond me.

Curvy is one thing, having bags of potatoes inserted in your butt cheeks is a completely different matter.

On the bright side, she doesn't need any flotation devices should she find herself in a pickle mid-air...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

The fact that nobody ever has told me I look like someone famous...:pac:

LynnGrace wrote: »
    The fact that nobody ever has told me I look like someone famous...:pac:

I heard thru the grapevine that you are a ringer for a young Elizabeth Taylor....:)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Still waiting for confirmation of good news. Feck.

Trivially annoyed waiting for OldNotWis's good news :(

:P;)

Jake1 wrote: »
    Trivially annoyed waiting for OldNotWis's good news :(

:P;)

Imagine how I feel! I keep trying to put it out of my mind and then every so often a little voice in my head keeps saying, "imagine ONW, just imagine how wAnderful this will be!" - for some reason the little voice is also a whimsical, theatrical fag- optimistic little fecker :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Trying to eat healthy, but everyone (including myself in fairness) has brought in a load of 'orphaned' boxes of sweets and biscuits into the office in order to share the guilt.

ah well, another day or two of gorging...

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Trying to eat healthy, but everyone (including myself in fairness) has brought in a load of 'orphaned' boxes of sweets and biscuits into the office in order to share the guilt.

ah well, another day or two of gorging...

Gather them all up and keep them under your desk and when their new year resolution will cracks (which it inevitably will after about two weeks), sell them back to the self-righteous little f.uckers. Then you get to make a profit and watch them become their usual weak, pie hole stuffing selves :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Revenue - their website, their phone line, just everything. Urgh :mad:

People that complain about having sleeping problems when their real problem is they stay awake all night playing video games and talking to people online in different time zones, and sleep all day, because they're not working. They don't have a sleep problem, they're not insomniacs, they're just in a bad routine. And the funny thing is they do nothing to change it. I'm sleeping okay at the minute but I've gone months being awake most of the night, being awake all day, being too scared to go to sleep, functioning on really short cat naps. Then some lazy prick comes and tells me they're the same and they panned out all day.

People who don't work. Now I'm not talking about people who've lost their jobs recently and have been trying to find work, or people at home looking after their kids. I mean people who've never worked. I know 4 people, varying in age from between 22-29. One of the 4 worked relief (she might get a three days a month) for about 4 or 5 months, but other than that, none of them have worked - at all.
    They get everything. Rent allowance, medical cards, extra money at christmas, get to go on holiday, and according to facebook, got very extravagant presents at christmas. I was talking to one of them before christmas, and he was telling me how they got 25% of their "bonus" back that day to help with christmas and that next year they would get their full bonus. That says it all really. Still assuming you're going to be on the dole in 52 weeks time.

Woshy wrote: »
    Revenue - their website, their phone line, just everything. Urgh :mad:

hums Fur Elise....

hums Fur Elise....

It's different now - but still so annoying!

Also if they just put some useful information on their ****ing website I wouldn't have to call them as much. The thing is I'm trying to give them money, not get it off them. You think they'd make it easier to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

hums Fur Elise....

The fact that I never knew what that piece of music was called until you mentioned it and then I could youtube :D

(I never know what most classical music is called as I learned to play piano by ear, I'd be useful on "name that tune", not :o)

• Advertisement

Also I was supposed to go on a spa day this afternoon for a full body massage, scalp massage and pedicure. It's been ages since I did anything nice for myself. Although having to pay the vet Saturday evening stopped that in its tracks.

So this morning I asked the OH to leave his card here today incase there was an emergency. Him being a tightwad asked what kind of emergency, so against my better judgement I appealed to his good nature and told him the truth about the spa. The only thing he left me with was a chewed ear about massages being a waste of money and how that he'd give me a massage for free. Him with his clumsy hands, no thanks. My back is in bits too, I needed it.

The fact that I never knew what that piece of music was called until you mentioned it and then I could youtube :D

(I never know what most classical music is called as I learned to play piano by ear, I'd be useful on "name that tune", not :o)

Ha! I just got transferred to head office instead of my local one and fur Elise is the hold music now!

You'd be good on "play back that tune by ear" :P

Woshy wrote: »
    Ha! I just got transferred to head office instead of my local one and fur Elise is the hold music now!

do do do do do do do do dooooo, do do do dooooooooooooo, do do do doooooooo

do do do do do do do do doooooooooooo, do do do dooooo, do do do doooo

do do do dooooo

do do do dooooo

do do do doooooo

do do do doooo, do do do do!

do do do do do do do do do dooooooo

do do do dooooo

do...do...do....doooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

do do do do do do do do dooooo, do do do dooooooooooooo, do do do doooooooo

do do do do do do do do doooooooooooo, do do do dooooo, do do do doooo

do do do dooooo

do do do dooooo

do do do doooooo

do do do doooo, do do do do!

do do do do do do do do do dooooooo

do do do dooooo

do...do...do....doooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

That was actually very well done! I'm done now anyway and they've got their monies :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement