Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    do do do do do do do do dooooo, do do do dooooooooooooo, do do do doooooooo

do do do do do do do do doooooooooooo, do do do dooooo, do do do doooo

do do do dooooo

do do do dooooo

do do do doooooo

do do do doooo, do do do do!

do do do do do do do do do dooooooo

do do do dooooo

do...do...do....doooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

I was thinking this at first -

D'oh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Woshy wrote: »
    That was actually very well done! I'm done now anyway and they've got their monies :)

Hmmmm they've no excuse now when I go looking for mine :) I know they have money!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

There are some customers who have a way of counting out change that is really patronising or something. As if they are giving a penny to a beggar. The way they pick it out of their wallet and pplace it on the counter and then look expectantly at the cashier...

Has anybody else noticed women (sorry ladies) at a counter or checkout who wait until all the items have been checked, or whatever they ask for is presented to them, look at the server with a look of surprise that they must now pay, and then put the handbag on the counter, open it, take out the purse, open that, extract money, hand to the server and then, if applicable, root in the bag for the loyalty card.

Can it be too much trouble to have the money at the ready when it is requested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Still waiting for confirmation of good news. Feck.

Is this good news definitely coming? I reckon I'll feel the rage induced earthquake down here in Wexford if this falls through for you.

Is this good news definitely coming? I reckon I'll feel the rage induced earthquake down here in Wexford if this falls through for you.

I think so but until I actually have it confirmed 100% I can't really relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Hmmmm they've no excuse now when I go looking for mine :) I know they have money!

Yeah. Feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I think so but until I actually have it confirmed 100% I can't really relax.

Are you really Sinead O'Connor? Confirmation of acceptance in to Sinn Fein?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

People who drop the wrappers back in the big box of Cadbury's Roses.. E3. 95 at Dunnes just before Christmas... oh wait! No one here all that while but me and the dogs and cats.:rolleyes:

Graces7 wrote: »
    People who drop the wrappers back in the big box of Cadbury's Roses.. E3. 95 at Dunnes just before Christmas... oh wait! No one here all that while but me and the dogs and cats.:rolleyes:

Hi Graces7, good to have you back :)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Are you really Sinead O'Connor? Confirmation of acceptance in to Sinn Fein?:D

Eugh Christ no :(

• Advertisement

Hoons AGAIN... and it is now simply trivial beyond measure...and barely annoying but boring.. been ill for weeks and not out since before Christmas.. Saturday had a lovely time, visiting friends in Cork, then shopping.. decided to come home the long way so I could spend time at Gougane Barra which was so peaceful.. Bliss... As I drove back up the lane , there were two lads in a car each, alone and with L plates, one facing one way the other the other.. as I passed they sounded the horn...always makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the car.... so I carried on to the main road and turned right towards Kealkiil and Glengarriff// clearly these lads were so bored that the sight of a solitary old wan driving a small car was too much... they clearly knew the road well too so were local. They screamed up behind me hands on horn and headlights flashing and stayed there for some miles with no where to pull off and bends in the road.As soon as it was safe they shot past .....It was all quite deliberate...i was mad at myself for locking my door.. we have had a vicious case locally of a 73 year old being sexually assaulted by a 22 year old. I now lock my doors at night too... But are these kids really so bored? I could find them jobs to do here! Gets predictable and boring. Ah well, my visit to Future Forests where i know the family was lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who get bothered by other people's pubic hair arrangements. Listening to two simpletons say how men who like their partner with no hair are clearly paedophiles, because who else would find pre pubescent traits attractive. Then one of them proudly declared that she doesn't even trim. I'm disgusted. Since when does deciding not to have body hair mean youre encouraging your partner in liking children? I wax my legs too, does that mean my legs are childlike also?

Hi Graces7, good to have you back :)

Gee thanks:P My immune system is worse and have been catching every bug going. Managed to do all my Christmas craft fairs then crashed. feeling frail these day and have just picked up yet another virus..... stiff upper lip time! But fragile so please bear with me the next while.

Hoons AGAIN... and it is now simply trivial beyond measure...and barely annoying but boring.. been ill for weeks and not out since before Christmas.. Saturday had a lovely time, visiting friends in Cork, then shopping.. decided to come home the long way so I could spend time at Gougane Barra which was so peaceful.. Bliss... As I drove back up the lane , there were two lads in a car each, alone and with L plates, one facing one way the other the other.. as I passed they sounded the horn...always makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the car.... so I carried on to the main road and turned right towards Kealkiil and Glengarriff// clearly these lads were so bored that the sight of a solitary old wan driving a small car was too much... they clearly knew the road well too so were local. They screamed up behind me hands on horn and headlights flashing and stayed there for some miles with no where to pull off and bends in the road.As soon as it was safe they shot past .....It was all quite deliberate...i was mad at myself for locking my door.. we have had a vicious case locally of a 73 year old being sexually assaulted by a 22 year old. I now lock my doors at night too... But are these kids really so bored? I could find them jobs to do here! Gets predictable and boring. Ah well, my visit to Future Forests where i know the family was lovely!

What utter scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Back to work. Wish I was dead. Send help.

The one time of the year where I feel like putting a hit out on myself. Anything, just anything not to go back to work after the Christmas break.

Those packets of wipey things for cleaning computer screens etc, they have a top like a fcuking chinese finger trap, awful. and you end up using half the pack before its properly threaded thru.

And staples, most end up on the floor.

People that complain about having sleeping problems when their real problem is they stay awake all night playing video games and talking to people online in different time zones, and sleep all day, because they're not working. They don't have a sleep problem, they're not insomniacs, they're just in a bad routine. And the funny thing is they do nothing to change it. I'm sleeping okay at the minute but I've gone months being awake most of the night, being awake all day, being too scared to go to sleep, functioning on really short cat naps. Then some lazy prick comes and tells me they're the same and they panned out all day.

People who don't work. Now I'm not talking about people who've lost their jobs recently and have been trying to find work, or people at home looking after their kids. I mean people who've never worked. I know 4 people, varying in age from between 22-29. One of the 4 worked relief (she might get a three days a month) for about 4 or 5 months, but other than that, none of them have worked - at all.
    They get everything. Rent allowance, medical cards, extra money at christmas, get to go on holiday, and according to facebook, got very extravagant presents at christmas. I was talking to one of them before christmas, and he was telling me how they got 25% of their "bonus" back that day to help with christmas and that next year they would get their full bonus. That says it all really. Still assuming you're going to be on the dole in 52 weeks time.
    Glad you qualified this as such generalisations offend.. like the lls who say NO RENT ALLOWANCE as we are all supposed to be cheaters..

The one time of the year where I feel like putting a hit out on myself. Anything, just anything not to go back to work after the Christmas break.

Well, yesterday the air felt alive after winter;; getting lighter each evening now... I am off trading at markets until after St P s day so enjoying myself!

The High Court let the 22 year old out on bail.... a forty minute sexual assault...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The High Court let the 22 year old out on bail.... a forty minute sexual assault...

:mad: Disgusting, and not at all trivial!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

The plastic wrappers on 6 packs of tinned cat food.. they are IMPOSSIBlE without a knife and with two cats round your ankles wailing for food..

I see the romance continues....

I see the romance continues....

If that is a crack re srameen I have him on ignore and would be grateful if folk did not quote him as I am near sickness again and will not be able to come back here ... I have reported his aggression in the past to no avail .. Ok I am off ... life is too short for this frankly. Sorry folks... thanks for the welcome! Would love to stay but not my choice... I hope a new year would see better but there we are! PS if the pots above is a bad one please can someone report it as I cannto do so without opening it.. feel like throwing up...there be many kinds of hoon it seems ...

If that is a crack re srameen I have him on ignore and would be grateful if folk did not quote him as I am near sickness again and will not be able to come back here ... I have reported his aggression in the past to no avail .. Ok I am off ... life is too short for this frankly. Sorry folks... thanks for the welcome! Would love to stay but not my choice... I hope a new year would see better but there we are! PS if the pots above is a bad one please can someone report it as I cannto do so without opening it.. feel like throwing up...there be many kinds of hoon it seems ...

No offence meant, it was just a joke.

I have a bad habit of leaving lights on. You'll always know when I'm home because the house is lit up like a christmas tree. This drives the other fella mad. He thinks you should only turn lights on if you need them. It's actually cheaper to leave a light on than to turn it on and off many times.

Anyway - there's one light that's over the dogs couch that I like to leave on. Went to turn it on there, and the miserable **** is after taking the lightbulb out of it. Control freak much? I'm SO tempted to cut the plug off his playstation. See how he likes those apples.

• Advertisement

No offence meant, it was just a joke.

I don't get it :( I don't see any posts from Srameen :(

My head hurts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

the miserable **** is after taking the lightbulb out of it. Control freak much? I'm SO tempted to cut the plug off his playstation. See how he likes those apples.

<mansplaining>Any chance it's an odd type of bulb that's blown and he had to take it with him to be sure he got the right replacement?</mansplaining>

I don't get it :( I don't see any posts from Srameen :(

My head hurts :(

Now mine is hurting as well............did I dream it all? I dont think we are in Kansas anymore .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My TA is washing everywhere. Dirty washing a mile high. Half dry washing off the line that can't be tumble dried . The washing machine is full of wet washing. The weather has been crap for putting washing out for days now:(. I feckin hate this time of year. It's sad when a line of washing blowing dry on a nice day is one of my greatest pleasures !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Now mine is hurting as well............did I dream it all? I dont think we are in Kansas anymore .

Let's just say life's too short. :) Annoying and all as some of it is.

There's no place like home....there's no place like home...there's no place like home................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Don't worry, I saw it too, but the deletion fairy seems to have taken it away.

Don't worry, I saw it too, but the deletion fairy seems to have taken it away.

Ah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have a bad habit of leaving lights on. You'll always know when I'm home because the house is lit up like a christmas tree. This drives the other fella mad. He thinks you should only turn lights on if you need them. It's actually cheaper to leave a light on than to turn it on and off many times.

Anyway - there's one light that's over the dogs couch that I like to leave on. Went to turn it on there, and the miserable **** is after taking the lightbulb out of it. Control freak much? I'm SO tempted to cut the plug off his playstation. See how he likes those apples.

Oh Lexie, never visit my house. I have an annoying habit of going around turning lights off! Even the main switch of the cooker and shower get turned off if not in use. I can't bear to see the satellite box left on standby either. I think it's my CDO (I prefer OCD spelt alphabetically!)

TA: my eldest granddaughter just called to know what "we" are doing for my birthday in a few weeks time. After more than 70 birthdays I don't give them much heed. Even in my prime I wasn't a great one for birthdays. She says she'll talk to Gran about it - time to lay low for a while. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Foreign people putting down Ireland and things Irish people make. While living in Ireland.

My Father is Foreign and he even says if you put down the Irish all the time why are you even doing here ?

<mansplaining>Any chance it's an odd type of bulb that's blown and he had to take it with him to be sure he got the right replacement?</mansplaining>

Pfft no he was threathening to do it for ages. I really miss my old housemates. I was out on New Years eve and met my favourite one. He told me they miss me, and I got lots of hugs. I would love to move back in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

73Cat wrote: »
    My TA is washing everywhere. Dirty washing a mile high. Half dry washing off the line that can't be tumble dried . The washing machine is full of wet washing. The weather has been crap for putting washing out for days now:(. I feckin hate this time of year. It's sad when a line of washing blowing dry on a nice day is one of my greatest pleasures !

Bundle it all into a couple of black bags, call your local laundrette and ask do they do collections and how much they charge per kilogram (had to spell that out because I was reminded just now of someone else's TA from before :p). Usually should cost around 2.50/kg.

Annoying me just now is my big mouth - see someone with a stack of paperwork in front of them, I ask is there anything I can help with, turns out there's plenty I can help with... balls :(

Bundle it all into a couple of black bags, call your local laundrette and ask do they do collections and how much they charge per kilogram (had to spell that out because I was reminded just now of someone else's TA from before :p). Usually should cost around 2.50/kg.

Annoying me just now is my big mouth - see someone with a stack of paperwork in front of them, I ask is there anything I can help with, turns out there's plenty I can help with... balls :(

You're helping them with their balls? Do you work in a men's fertility clinic? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

Customer comes in and is a refused a refund as she has no packaging and no receipt and the item is not sold exclusively here. She shrieks for a manager so I nip down and patiently explain that I need proof that she purchased it here to do the refund.
    It's faulty so no you don't she crows self righteously, I know my rights!! ( one of my all time favourites) Listen you thick swamp donkey you obviously know nothing as anyone with half a brain knows that a receipt is proof of puchase so no your not getting a refund you twat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...TA: my eldest granddaughter just called to know what "we" are doing for my birthday in a few weeks time. After more than 70 birthdays I don't give them much heed. Even in my prime I wasn't a great one for birthdays. She says she'll talk to Gran about it - time to lay low for a while. ;)

You're screwed. Blow the canopy and eject, NOW! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Oh Lexie, never visit my house. I have an annoying habit of going around turning lights off! Even the main switch of the cooker and shower get turned off if not in use. I can't bear to see the satellite box left on standby either. I think it's my CDO (I prefer OCD spelt alphabetically!)

TA: my eldest granddaughter just called to know what "we" are doing for my birthday in a few weeks time. After more than 70 birthdays I don't give them much heed. Even in my prime I wasn't a great one for birthdays. She says she'll talk to Gran about it - time to lay low for a while. ;)

It's my birthday next week but I've deferred it til some other point in the future gift wise. I hate having a January birthday and my father in law is 70 at the end of the month so Mr Pumpkinseeds is off to the UK for that. Nobody has any spare cash and I don't need anything so I told Mr Pumpkinseeds to just surprise me with a gift over the next few months when I'm not expecting it. I'd prefer that:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

When someone asks if you want something (cup of tea, chocolate bar etc.) and you say no thanks, then they say "why?"

My brother almost always does this. I appreciate you offering me whatever it is but there's no need to ask why I don't want it.

When someone asks if you want something (cup of tea, chocolate bar etc.) and you say no thanks, then they say "why?"

My brother almost always does this. I appreciate you offering me whatever it is but there's no need to ask why I don't want it.

Like when you ask someone if they want to go for a pint and they respond "No thanks, sure I am not thirsty"

:confused::confused:WTF has thirst got to do with going for a pint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Chancers on adverts. Someone made an offer on one of my things, just a tenner but I agree to get rid of it, we arrange a time and they don't show up. :( Checked his profile and noticed he made offers on about 30 similar things and had most accepted, wtf?! Next person wants me to deliver it as well. Ugh I think I'll just put it in the attic instead.

73Cat wrote: »

I havent used a washing line for years. I dont have dryer currently either.
    I just hang my stuff upon hangers and hang them from door frame. Usually, they are dry by the next morning, unless, maybe jeans, the waistband might take day and half.

You should give it a try :) I know is not the same as washing hung up outside, but it will cut that pile down :)

Pfft no he was threathening to do it for ages. I really miss my old housemates. I was out on New Years eve and met my favourite one. He told me they miss me, and I got lots of hugs. I would love to move back in there.

NO!!! NO NO NO Lexie, you wouldnt!!!

Think back to all your earlier posts complaining about the madness,

Dont go back , fook himself out, but dont go back there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

opening a can with a tin opener and the lid falls into it grrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The word 'brouhaha'. When did this enter the general lexicon? An awful sounding word that I can't seem to avoid recently.

People who can't spell my name correctly.
    People who still can't spell my name despite me calling out each letter.

Jake1 wrote: »
    I havent used a washing line for years. I dont have dryer currently either.
    I just hang my stuff upon hangers and hang them from door frame. Usually, they are dry by the next morning, unless, maybe jeans, the waistband might take day and half.

You should give it a try :) I know is not the same as washing hung up outside, but it will cut that pile down :)

Ah yes , I usually resort to clothes horse, backs of chairs and rads for stuff that's some part dry off line;)

When it's really bad, One eyed Jack, I will very begrudgingly take the drownded wet stuff to the laundrette !!

One of our neighbours has a rake of kids, and I believe she has an indoor laundry room, with indoor washing lines. I'm well jell :)

• Advertisement

People who can't spell my name correctly.
    People who still can't spell my name despite me calling out each letter.

Oh, that drives me mad! My OH has an unusual surname, a variation on a common one. The kids have double barrelled surname ( I know , I know, so pretentious !!!!) as we are not married. I have a pain in my face spelling it out, for it still to be spelt every which way but correctly.

My youngest has what would probably be considered to be an old fashioned Irish name, again a few variations on how to spell it. I consider it a matter of respect to learn how to spell someone's name.

So yes, it would also be a TA of mine. That and people who sneer at double barrelled surnames. Seriously , is your life that sad that you have to be concerned with stuff that doesn't effect you !! I'm stubborn in the regard that I wasn't carrying children for 9 months, for them to have just their Dad's surname!
    *climbs down off high horse* ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement