Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Pr!cks that insist on using full beams on the motorway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    hums Fur Elise....

Sounds like they are playing it from an old nokia too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Pr!cks that insist on using full beams on the motorway

And front foglights still on 3 weeks after the last fog! Only bettered by those driving with no lights during fog.
    I believe driving annoyances alone could fill TTTAY 27.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The fact that I used to be able to go into the supermarket and come out wanting to have my tubes tied, and now I'm actually broody. Maybe broody is a bit strong, but I'm definately broken. I don't know if it's because of my best friends child (she's two, and adores me) or if it's because I'm getting old and its literally all my oh talks about.

I went to see my friend in maternity in August, and I was nearly afraid to touch anything incase it was contagious. Now when I knock on my friends door and hear her little one yelling my name from inside, having her grab my hand and telling me to sit on the ground while she pours me pretend tea, good Lord. Can't be dealing, finding myself maybe they're not so bad afterall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

And front foglights still on 3 weeks after the last fog! Only bettered by those driving with no lights during fog.
    I believe driving annoyances alone could fill TTTAY 27.

Seen the Black Fiat Punto this morning that I mentioned sometime ago, 5.30am on the M7, in pitch black, Still only has 1 back light one front side light on, and STILL has the flippin antlers on the side windows,
    While im here, why don't the cats eyes on our dark roads with dodgy barely there white lines work, they are there but don't reflect at all, even the ones on the m7 barely shine. why, why WHYYYYYYY???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

This might be more of an awkward thing but anyway...

Visiting a relative in hospital this evening and one of the other patients had to use the commode (fair enough, needs must), but is there anything more awkward than sitting there while someone farts and splutters into a bowl-the noise echoing around the room....while you talk about nothing...anything to cover the noise...then the putrid stench fills the room.

Followed by flowery air-freshener.
    Not saying there's anything wrong with a patient using a commode- of course not-it's just awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

fussyonion wrote: »
    This might be more of an awkward thing but anyway...

Visiting a relative in hospital this evening and one of the other patients had to use the commode (fair enough, needs must), but is there anything more awkward than sitting there while someone farts and splutters into a bowl-the noise echoing around the room....while you talk about nothing...anything to cover the noise...then the putrid stench fills the room.

Followed by flowery air-freshener.
    Not saying there's anything wrong with a patient using a commode- of course not-it's just awkward!

Sweet Jesus!! That made me laugh out loud :)

This thread though.

I'm DYING with a cold (although I'm pretty sure it may be the start of a flu because muscles I didn't know I had are hurting), and God I need to sneeze so bad, but I'm on a train. My mouths opening and closing like a goldfish, and my eyes are crying, in attempts to hold these sneezes in. I am clearly a very attractive sight, but at least I haven't sneezed.

Now if I didn't know about this thread, I could have sneezed away without a second thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Why won't the stupid air con in my office work properly!!
    It was blowing a hot tropical gale when I came in an hour ago, now it's freezing me with an icy blast! I'll probably be dying with a cold by the end of the week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I get on the Luas yesterday evening and can immediately sense a woman beside me staring at me. I give her a minute or so and she is still doing it so I lock eyes and glare, and what does she do, only give me a big genuine smile like we have just shared a moment!

Being a polite person, I can't physically stop myself from giving a smile back, so there we are smiling away at each other. She's all delighted, smiling away so I have to make the decision to break the eye contact battle. And for the rest of the journey, I still feel her staring me out of it every so often and I can't bring myself to engage in the weird stare/smile moment we had going on so I have to let her away with it. 'sake!

• Advertisement

miezekatze wrote: »
    Chancers on adverts. Someone made an offer on one of my things, just a tenner but I agree to get rid of it, we arrange a time and they don't show up. :( Checked his profile and noticed he made offers on about 30 similar things and had most accepted, wtf?! Next person wants me to deliver it as well. Ugh I think I'll just put it in the attic instead.

I'm about to put something on adverts. Have never used it before. Should I be worried about this type of carry on? I have a feeling I will have many a trivial annoyance to report after dipping my toe into the world of adverts/buy and sell:(

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Was heading to the doctor yesterday and, when looking for a parking space, already see cars parked up on the footpath, and think to myself I'll never find a space. Turn the corner and right in front of my GP's practice is a space. In front of this space some fella in a big black BMW is sitting waiting for his wife and kids to get out of the car. I sit and wait patiently. The wife and childer get out. He sits. And sits. I can't go past him cos there are cars coming this way...

Finally after what felt like the whole of 2015, he drives on and I get the space.

I'm not bothered that he sat for a minute or two, but to drop his wife and kids off he was taking up the whole lane, not even pulled in, meaning even if I wasn't waiting to park, he'd help up the flow of traffic. Eejit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

danrua01 wrote: »
    Was heading to the doctor yesterday and, when looking for a parking space, already see cars parked up on the footpath, and think to myself I'll never find a space. Turn the corner and right in front of my GP's practice is a space. In front of this space some fella in a big black BMW is sitting waiting for his wife and kids to get out of the car. I sit and wait patiently. The wife and childer get out. He sits. And sits. I can't go past him cos there are cars coming this way...

Finally after what felt like the whole of 2015, he drives on and I get the space.

I'm not bothered that he sat for a minute or two, but to drop his wife and kids off he was taking up the whole lane, not even pulled in, meaning even if I wasn't waiting to park, he'd help up the flow of traffic. Eejit!
    Therein lies the problem. The only difference between a hedgehog and a BMW is hedgehogs have the pricks on the outside...

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Therein lies the problem. The only difference between a hedgehog and a BMW is hedgehogs have the pricks on the outside...

Hey!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If I can tell that you are wearing royal blue boxers with a pink flamingo print on them, then you are (a) standing too close to me and (b) need to pull your tracksuit bottoms up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hey!!

Heh - you should hear some of the theories I get! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It occurred to me as I was lying awake in the early hours, that I don't know one theme tune to any of the programmes that I watch. Everything is fast forwarded through theses days, the theme tunes and ads. It kind of made me a bit sad. I can remember most of them from the 70s/80s, as a child. All I have to hear is Magnum PI, or Hawaii 5-0, The A Team, or one of them , and I am right back there again. I started feeling really sorry for the youth of today, and this TA'd me because I should have been sleeping . Am wrecked now :(

jimgoose wrote: »
    Heh - you should hear some of the theories I get! :pac:

I have the funniest image of what you're like, in my head. And then I can picture you cruising around in a jag like a bad ass yelling out "take it HAWNDY naow".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

73Cat wrote: »
    It occurred to me as I was lying awake in the early hours, that I don't know one theme tune to any of the programmes that I watch. Everything is fast forwarded through theses days, the theme tunes and ads. It kind of made me a bit sad. I can remember most of them from the 70s/80s, as a child. All I have to hear is Magnum PI, or Hawaii 5-0, The A Team, or one of them , and I am right back there again. I started feeling really sorry for the youth of today, and this TA'd me because I should have been sleeping . Am wrecked now :(

I wish these were the kinds of thoughts that occurred to me when I was lying awake in the early hours. The night is dark and full of terrors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I wish these were the kinds of thoughts that occurred to me when I was lying awake in the early hours. The night is dark and full of terrors.

:(:( . You OK Hun?? Need a hug ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Vel wrote: »
    I get on the Luas yesterday evening and can immediately sense a woman beside me staring at me. I give her a minute or so and she is still doing it so I lock eyes and glare, and what does she do, only give me a big genuine smile like we have just shared a moment!

Being a polite person, I can't physically stop myself from giving a smile back, so there we are smiling away at each other. She's all delighted, smiling away so I have to make the decision to break the eye contact battle. And for the rest of the journey, I still feel her staring me out of it every so often and I can't bring myself to engage in the weird stare/smile moment we had going on so I have to let her away with it. 'sake!

Freak! I would have slapped her and run away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Bet she has a New Year resolution to smile at strangers... Cue creepy music... :pac:

I have the funniest image of what you're like, in my head. And then I can picture you cruising around in a jag like a bad ass yelling out "take it HAWNDY naow".

I'm the Bawss Maun I aum! :cool:

My OH is away at the moment. Truth be told I am kind of enjoying the break. I can do what I want (within the confines of work, study and the usual limiting factors such as money and a conscience) - sharing a bottle of wine with Dad just because it's Monday and f.ucking miserable, having the entire bed to myself and being able to sleep with socks and a jumper on etc but you know, the odd phonecall would be nice. Since she left I can count on one hand the amount of times we've spoken. There's always some problem like, "I waded into the sea with my phone and now it doesn't work" :confused: Hmmmm, is that why you are texting me from it? And yet when I call, it goes straight through to voicemail - I wasn't f.ucking born yesterday you know, I do know what flight mode is! Then there's the "landline" in her relatives house - I keep getting through to confused Brazilians who don't know why this poor foreign girl is calling and speaking gibberish. I send a message on facebook and get a reply ten hours later. Eventually last night I messaged and said that I would love to talk to her but she is making it f.ucking impossible so I will see her next month when she's home. Can't be dealing with this rubbish.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Bet she has a New Year resolution to smile at strangers... Cue creepy music... :pac:

Eugh. We were watching one of my all time favourites at the weekend - As Good as it gets - and my mum kept dropping in comments like "he's a really nasty man isn't he?"..."that's not very nice is it?"... as my Dad and I chuckled away at the sheer genius and wonder of Jack Nicholsan's Melvin Udall. Melvin Udall is the ultimate crank, my hero. And mum, "it costs nothing to be nice you know" - I'm thinking, yes and it also costs nothing to be a scathing b.itch and cut someone off at the source so that they leave you alone forever more :) Occasionally I have tried that fluffy, embrace the world cr.ap and tbh it's more toruble than it's worth because when you engage someone they just keep badgering you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

People putting their foot on the seat of a fabric office chair to tie their shoe lace.

This latest food fad of eating 'clean' and 'raw' and the total bores who wax evangelical about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

califano wrote: »
    People putting their foot on the seat of a fabric office chair to tie their shoe lace.

Oh to be able to do that.

This latest food fad of eating 'clean' and 'raw' and the total bores who wax evangelical about it

"Paleo".

Fu.ckoffeo

In my day you were lucky to get good food.

• Advertisement

Everyone posting up "healthy breakfasts". I had haribo and aero for my breakfast

I don't even know what Paleo is as I just can't be bothered wasting time finding out but I have seen it being mentioned on some restaurant menus lately.

How do you even eat 'clean'? Give yourself a good scrub in the shower beforehand maybe? - I'm sure a bit of vigorous scrubbing with a body brush would burn enough calories to allow for an extra syn to be consumed after your clean paleo dinner

Everyone posting up "healthy breakfasts". I had haribo and aero for my breakfast

I mis-read this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

One of the washing machine mouths currently has a cold so not only is she going around sucking on cough sweets (yes, she has a cold, and is sucking on cough sweets :confused:) and making me want to MURDER HER but she just ate something in front of me and snuffled and snorted her way through it breathing like a pug :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Paleo".

Fu.ckoffeo

In my day you were lucky to get good food.

"Clean your plate, or I will send it to the starving children in Africa"

"G'wan then, send it cos they wont eat it either!"

Whack, bang, wallop...

"Ok, ok, I am eating it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

People who think a good night out is getting so drunk you fall over, puke everywhere and can't remember anything.
    These same people going on an alcohol detox for January and when they ask you if you're going on one and you say no, they act all superior. Well I actually don't binge drink like a frat boy so I don't need to detox my liver, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Clean your plate, or I will send it to the starving children in Africa"

"G'wan then, send it cos they wont eat it either!"

Whack, bang, wallop...

"Ok, ok, I am eating it"

:D

The "catholic" guilt many of us feel when throwing food out. Nothing like a Trócaire box on the table during Lent to remind you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

When your in a shop finishing up paying by card no matter where you are the attendant doesn't give you a nano second to take your card out without having to tell you to take it out like your asleep or something. And its always said in a snappy, hurry hurry way. ''Can you not see the only thing i'm looking at and waiting for is the LED message to appear and tell me to take it out!''. Just give me one second to take it out on my own initiative please.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

ALL food fads. Eat a varied diet with everything in moderation. Everything else is rubbish.

People who think a good night out is getting so drunk you fall over, puke everywhere and can't remember anything.
    These same people going on an alcohol detox for January and when they ask you if you're going on one and you say no, they act all superior. Well I actually don't binge drink like a frat boy so I don't need to detox my liver, thanks.

Nearly as bad as arriving into t'Woolpack on a Saturday evening, one of your mates is at the bar supping creamy black, and you say something harmless and conversational like "Well Mick! How's the Guinness?". The reply is a half-hour dissertation on how he's been destroying himself over the Christmas, sometimes drinking five or six pints in a night, New Year plans for the gym, liver cleansing, running marathons, etc. etc. Merciful divine Cheeses in an artic, I'm sorry I asked. You'd think I was after finding him under a motorway flyover with a Livestock syringe full of heroin up his hole!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I'm about to put something on adverts. Have never used it before. Should I be worried about this type of carry on? I have a feeling I will have many a trivial annoyance to report after dipping my toe into the world of adverts/buy and sell:(

I've only sold a few things in the past and it mostly went well. :) I just don't seem to have any luck with this particular item, will just stick it up the attic now I think. There are plenty of people who basically want your stuff for free though. I've listed all my stuff at reasonable prices and often got offers of less than half the price I listed them for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Aglomerado wrote: »
    :D

The "catholic" guilt many of us feel when throwing food out. Nothing like a Trócaire box on the table during Lent to remind you...

It's not just Catholic guilt.
    I remember my Dad (in his 70s) told me a story when he was in his Grandparents house as a kid, and gave a small bit of his dinner to the dog... his grandparents went nuts, and clattered him!
    It was only later he realised they would have been so close to the generation affected by the Great Famine and he understood the anger. He'd never leave a plate with food on it since!
    I guess many of us got brought up knowing that was only a few generations ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Christmas Trees :( Muggins here gets landed with the job of decorating the tree in Reception.
    Before christmas all I got was 'oh when is the tree going up ?' FRO
    Now it's 'oh when are you taking down the tree ?'
    Of course not one of the lazy sh!tehawks would never ever think to offer to help Grrr !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Early morning hospital appointments. I've got one at 8.30 next week but since I'm going by bus I'll have to get one at 6ish so I can catch the connecting one to get me there in time. Worse than that was the attitude of the person who rang to confirm the appointment, she said 'if you aren't here before 9am don't bother coming':eek::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Ordered something online and its being sent by courier. Looking at the tracking it looks like they are taking it on a world tour before giving it to me.

I'm increasingly annoyed by the accidental upper case I in my username. I didn't notIce it until someone pointed it out (one of you b.olloxes) and now I keep seeIng it... :(

And I am still awaiting good news. For f.uck sake :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm increasingly annoyed by the accidental upper case I in my username. I didn't notIce it until someone pointed it out (one of you b.olloxes) and now I keep seeIng it... :(

And I am still awaiting good news. For f.uck sake :(

Subscribe and change it. :P

Getting the run around from the Medical profession :mad:

Ive had shoulder bursitis for months now. GP sent me to A&E in oct/nov, thought I had Septic Arthritis.

A&E xrayed me, did bloods etc, was just Bursitis. A&E refer me to Physio in same hospital.

So far so good.
    Did physio, all that was required. Shoulder still in bits. Physio decides we cant progress any further without Cortisone.

So, she tells me, my GP needs to refer me back to get the FOOOKIN hospital Im already attending . Now all GP has to do, is send in referal letter.

Jut before Christmas, I had a bad fall ,busted up my face, and shoulder, so that made the shoulder worse again

So I Called GP's office, explain situation, give Pysios name and number, in case , ya know they need to verify. :rolleyes:

NOt enough for my GP, oh no, have to go over so she can check me out, and get another fifty odd quid.

Me bollix . Il be damned i I give her another penny. Im changing Doctors.

Im swallowing the pain meds like smarties

TL/DR : Medical proffesion ARGGHHH! :mad:

( hurt to type all that!) :(

Subscribe and change it. :P

Would I lose my post count?

TA: living in fear of someone setting up an account and calling themselves "OldNotWise" - oh God......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Dog poop on footpaths in parks. :mad:

Jake1 wrote: »
    Getting the run around from the Medical profession :mad:

Ive had shoulder bursitis for months now. GP sent me to A&E in oct/nov, thought I had Septic Arthritis.

A&E xrayed me, did bloods etc, was just Bursitis. A&E refer me to Physio in same hospital.

So far so good.
    Did physio, all that was required. Shoulder still in bits. Physio decides we cant progress any further without Cortisone.

So, she tells me, my GP needs to refer me back to get the FOOOKIN hospital Im already attending . Now all GP has to do, is send in referal letter.

Jut before Christmas, I had a bad fall ,busted up my face, and shoulder, so that made the shoulder worse again

So I Called GP's office, explain situation, give Pysios name and number, in case , ya know they need to verify. :rolleyes:

NOt enough for my GP, oh no, have to go over so she can check me out, and get another fifty odd quid.

Me bollix . Il be damned i I give her another penny. Im changing Doctors.

Im swallowing the pain meds like smarties

TL/DR : Medical proffesion ARGGHHH! :mad:

( hurt to type all that!) :(

I couldn't hear you, can you type it again?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement