Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Mr Pumpkinseeds went back to work yesterday after a couple of weeks off for Christmas and one of our cats is like a frigging anti-Christ since then. Mr P is his person and puss is making damned sure the other 3 suffer for his annoyance. Of course when Mr P came home puss stayed in his basket and ignored him.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The word "detox". You ate and drank loads over christmas. You weren't bitten by a venomous spider ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Jake1 wrote: »
    Getting the run around from the Medical profession :mad:

Ive had shoulder bursitis for months now. GP sent me to A&E in oct/nov, thought I had Septic Arthritis.

A&E xrayed me, did bloods etc, was just Bursitis. A&E refer me to Physio in same hospital.

So far so good.
    Did physio, all that was required. Shoulder still in bits. Physio decides we cant progress any further without Cortisone.

So, she tells me, my GP needs to refer me back to get the FOOOKIN hospital Im already attending . Now all GP has to do, is send in referal letter.

Jut before Christmas, I had a bad fall ,busted up my face, and shoulder, so that made the shoulder worse again

So I Called GP's office, explain situation, give Pysios name and number, in case , ya know they need to verify. :rolleyes:

NOt enough for my GP, oh no, have to go over so she can check me out, and get another fifty odd quid.

Me bollix . Il be damned i I give her another penny. Im changing Doctors.

Im swallowing the pain meds like smarties

TL/DR : Medical proffesion ARGGHHH! :mad:

( hurt to type all that!) :(

This is why folk take short cuts and go to A and E. When I shattered my wrist in March it started to swell after two weeks and my next appointment was a week away. I was near another A and E so called in. got x rayed etc ( they give you the x rays on a cd) and they told me to go to my GP and get a referral letter.. for the consultant I had an appointment with a week away. I aid no way and arrived at A and E at that hospital early the next day, was seen, the emergency dealt with and my appointment brought forward. Because of the risk of infection if they delayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm increasingly annoyed by the accidental upper case I in my username. I didn't notIce it until someone pointed it out (one of you b.olloxes) and now I keep seeIng it... :(

And I am still awaiting good news. For f.uck sake :(

It might improve things if you started reading/pronouncing it à la Geoffrey Chaucer, i.e. "Ye Olde Notte Wysse!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Dog poop on footpaths in parks. :mad:

Yes! Is it particularly bad at the moment or something? I went for a ten minute walk earlier and I swear every metre there was a dog turd lying there

whiskeyman wrote: »
    It's not just Catholic guilt.
    I remember my Dad (in his 70s) told me a story when he was in his Grandparents house as a kid, and gave a small bit of his dinner to the dog... his grandparents went nuts, and clattered him!
    It was only later he realised they would have been so close to the generation affected by the Great Famine and he understood the anger. He'd never leave a plate with food on it since!
    I guess many of us got brought up knowing that was only a few generations ago.

It was the same in the UK right after the war, when food was scarce and rationed. You NEVER left a scrap, and if you did it reappeared on your plate at the next meal and the next and the next until you ate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Would I lose my post count?

TA: living in fear of someone setting up an account and calling themselves "OldNotWise" - oh God......

BRB..........

Graces7 wrote: »
    It was the same in the UK right after the war, when food was scarce and rationed. You NEVER left a scrap, and if you did it reappeared on your plate at the next meal and the next and the next until you ate it.

Don't make a fuss, luv. Ah'll 'ave your Spam - Ah luv it!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mr Pumpkinseeds went back to work yesterday after a couple of weeks off for Christmas and one of our cats is like a frigging anti-Christ since then. Mr P is his person and puss is making damned sure the other 3 suffer for his annoyance. Of course when Mr P came home puss stayed in his basket and ignored him.:rolleyes:

That's cats for you! Although dogs can be every bit as bad. I had a dog once that sat quietly beside the cat all day while I was at work. 10 minutes before I was due home every evening he'd chase the cat about the house, because he knew I didn't like said cat and was playing to the audience.
    That cat was a TA, bordering on a serious dislike, for years. Gone now but certainly not forgotten. It spoiled the chances of a good home for any other cats, as I'll not have one near the place after her. I'm TA that that one little git coloured my opinion of all cats but maybe she was typical and my bias is well founded. We'll never know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm watching breaking bad in work, trying to look busy but I'm on episode 6 since 10am. Its where he's starting treatment, and I'm TA that I feel sick at the sight of something that's not even real. Think I'll switch off before his hair falls out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I'm watching breaking bad in work, trying to look busy but I'm on episode 6 since 10am. Its where he's starting treatment, and I'm TA that I feel sick at the sight of something that's not even real. Think I'll switch off before his hair falls out.

Stick with it...Or i will send to Tuco to see you:D

ALL food fads. Eat a varied diet with everything in moderation. Everything else is rubbish.

And don't start me on the organic issue. Yes my garden is organic because it benefits birds and insects but I am pragmatic when it comes to how mass produced food must be farmed. My home grown fruit and veg certainly taste better but the varieties used in gardens are different that those grown for the required yield. Organic commercial varieties taste the same as non organic of the same varieties.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Stick with it...Or i will send to Tuco to see you:D

Who's tuco?? I don't think he's in it yet

jimgoose wrote: »

Try five cold, greasy potato chips! That is one I remember so well... then a friend put a note through the letterbox telling me to hide them in my pocket and I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Having to drive a fair bit of distance everywhere from shop to shop to get a bloody bin tag for today.... :mad:

Lots of places were out of stock, of a lot of things, from holidaying lorry drivers. :/

• Advertisement

Who's tuco?? I don't think he's in it yet

You will know him when you see him....I will say no more in case I spoil it.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Try five cold, greasy potato chips! That is one I remember so well... then a friend put a note through the letterbox telling me to hide them in my pocket and I did.

I had a feed of pork-belly in a rather smart bistro in Limerick the other day. Proper classic peasant stodge, bah. Daycint. :cool:

I can feel a Monty Python sketch coming on. Take your pick. The spam one or the we were so poor one. ;)

Here he comes E!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

That I still have to take my Christmas tree down and the house is up in a heap!!! :(

• Advertisement

The word "tronche" is knocking about a fair bit lately, with countries getting "tronches" of money from the IMF, ECB and what-not. I'd like to get a "tronche" of something just once - doesn't matter what, potatoes, kerosene, lampshades - just to see one in front of me and to ascertain what kind of an animal is it. Like a hectare, or possibly more of a firkin? I want to live, dammit!! :(

The word "tronche" is knocking about a fair bit lately, with countries getting "tronches" of money from the IMF, ECB and what-not. I'd like to get a "tronche" of something just once - doesn't matter what, potatoes, kerosene, lampshades - just to see one in front of me and to ascertain what kind of an animal is it. Like a hectare, or possibly more of a firkin? I want to live, dammit!! :(

"Doctor, I think I have a tronche of galloping knob rot, what do you think?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Would I lose my post count?

TA: living in fear of someone setting up an account and calling themselves "OldNotWise" - oh God......

Hah! No, once you subscribe you can request a name change and they just change it. Everything else remains intact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Hah! No, once you subscribe you can request a name change and they just change it. Everything else remains intact!

Last time I heard that it was a sure lie ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Two annoyances rolled into one incident earlier. Was in Tk Maxx buying a new pair of shoes when I noticed a little girl of about 5 or so crying right near me. I was the only person near by and naturally enough asked her could she find her mammy and she said no. Asked her what colour hair she had and that I'll find her for her. Obviously wasn't going to get too close to her being a stranger and all that but I did scan the floor looking for a woman fitting the description. Eventually found two female members of staff who'd be trained in dealing with such matters and left them on the case.

Mother was found anyway and the staff actually acknowledged my involvement but do you think the mother did? Not even a cursory glance in my direction. Didn't even seem to comfort her daughter. I'm not a thanks hoor, but I know if I had a kid that got lost for even a split second I'd be very thankful towards the person who found them. And I'm not one for over-protecting children either, but surely it's not too hard to keep one eye on your child when your in the wide open space of a large retail store?

Got deadly shoes for an upcoming wedding though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Two annoyances rolled into one incident earlier. Was in Tk Maxx buying a new pair of shoes when I noticed a little girl of about 5 or so crying right near me. I was the only person near by and naturally enough asked her could she find her mammy and she said no. Asked her what colour hair she had and that I'll find her for her. Obviously wasn't going to get too close to her being a stranger and all that but I did scan the floor looking for a woman fitting the description. Eventually found two female members of staff who'd be trained in dealing with such matters and left them on the case.

Mother was found anyway and the staff actually acknowledged my involvement but do you think the mother did? Not even a cursory glance in my direction. Didn't even seem to comfort her daughter. I'm not a thanks hoor, but I know if I had a kid that got lost for even a split second I'd be very thankful towards the person who found them. And I'm not one for over-protecting children either, but surely it's not too hard to keep one eye on your child when your in the wide open space of a large retail store?

Got deadly shoes for an upcoming wedding though :D

That is more than trivially annoying :mad: She'd be the very one whingeing and crying on national tv if her child disappeared into the back of someone's van and vanished. Seriously.. :(

It's societies responsibility to watch some peoples kids sure

I had a feed of pork-belly in a rather smart bistro in Limerick the other day. Proper classic peasant stodge, bah. Daycint. :cool:

Jaysus, it's amazing what becomes fashionable.:eek: I remember my mother boiling up a big pot of belly pork every week for the dog in the 80's, no tinned food for the pooch it was all belly pork and beef hearts.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

God, I'd kill for some pork belly ramen right about now. *salivates*
    Trivial Annoyance: Got a great quote on my next tattoo and finding I have no time to save up and get it seeing as I have a wedding coming up that I'm not looking forward to due to certain people I don't like being at it.
    Also, apparently ripped jeans and a lumberjack-plaid shirt is not appropriate attire for said wedding, thus necessitating a hunt for clothing I can just about afford. Urgh. I don't want to go but it's family so I have no choice. PLUS I'm expected to buy a gift. :(

Jaysus, it's amazing what becomes fashionable.:eek: I remember my mother boiling up a big pot of belly pork every week for the dog in the 80's, no tinned food for the pooch it was all belly pork and beef hearts.:D

If I ever become a Hollywood action heart-throb person, I shall assume the stage-name "Bellypork Beefheart", and I have you to thank! :)

• Advertisement

Asos have a good sale on at the moment, there's 70% off a lot of dresses, so you might find something you liked. I got a pair of gold sparkly shoes, about 3 inch heel, pointy toe, in pennies for 7 euro (had in black too)
    You could have a really nice outfit for under 50 euro.

Then just toss money in a card rather than worry about gifts.

...Obviously wasn't going to get too close to her being a stranger and all that...

Me furkan hole. That's happened to me a couple of times over the years, I pick the babby up and bring her to Customer Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

You see a bargain a pair of "all terrain" runners of a very good brand name starts with Salo ends with mon, reduced from E125 to E75, nice fit, great support inside, good looking lugs/sole, buy them get them home wear them out next day, like a newborn deer on the wet pavements, no bloody grip or traction on them or any wet smooth "terrain", tar, concrete, paving, so what is ALL terrain, should it not be "some terrain", or is it just our terrain is different to wherever makes them, wouldn't want to be up a mountain or something and needing grip, very disappointed. Lidl ones were only E20 a wee while back, should have got them, grrrr.

Me furkan hole. That's happened to me a couple of times over the years, I pick the babby up and bring her to Customer Services.

I'd be terrified they'd think I was kidnapping it though, so I see where castletownman is coming from. I was coming into my estate one evening back in October or November and the entrance is in is real bendy and all trees before you see any houses. Some kid was after falling off his bike, panned out. I abandoned my car with the blinkers on and walked him home because I thought if he got into my car Id have been arrested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'd be terrified they'd think I was kidnapping it though, so I see where castletownman is coming from. I was coming into my estate one evening back in October or November and the entrance is in is real bendy and all trees before you see any houses. Some kid was after falling off his bike, panned out. I abandoned my car with the blinkers on and walked him home because I thought if he got into my car Id have been arrested.

Plus there's the whole "he's a strange man therefore he's automatically a peado" vibe that is common place these days.

I take not one jot of notice of all that tripe'n'meballacks. You should report the feckless cunnoxes for child neglect if they pull that "Aaah, stranger driving a car!!" crap.

Plus there's the whole "he's a strange man therefore he's automatically a peado" vibe that is common place these days.

Oh he's strange raaaht 'nuff chief, but mostly benign! :)

It's societies responsibility to watch some peoples kids sure

Or... is it the Graf Zeppelin? Is it a wounded walrus? Is it some awkward-looking cnut who's wondering where his car-keys have gone to?? No! It's... Bellypork Beefheart! Huzzah!! :)

Outrageous simpletons who think if they sit on the outside of a seat, pout and put headphones in, that they're entitled to two seats on a packed train. TAP TAP TAP! Excuse me there.

Also, feeling sick. And coming down the stairs on a bus. I hate those stairs at the best of times but got super lightheaded just there. See me panned out like a lizard some day at the bottom of a dublin bus stairs

• Advertisement

Outrageous simpletons who think if they sit on the outside of a seat, pout and put headphones in, that they're entitled to two seats on a packed train. TAP TAP TAP! Excuse me there.

Also, feeling sick. And coming down the stairs on a bus. I hate those stairs at the best of times but got super lightheaded just there. See me panned out like a lizard some day at the bottom of a dublin bus stairs

Sounds like low blood-pressure, girlie. Aroo aytin proper? A check-up wouldn't do any harm.

Sounds like low blood-pressure, girlie. Aroo aytin proper? A check-up wouldn't do any harm.

Just not well the past few weeks, one thing after another. Vomiting bugs, infections, more vomiting bugs, now I have a cold or a flu or something. I have that weird burn in the back of my throat that I only get if I haven't had anything to eat in a few days but today I had haribos and aero bar, my tummy was a bit funny so I didn't feel like lunch. I think I'm just really run down

Just not well the past few weeks, one thing after another. Vomiting bugs, infections, more vomiting bugs, now I have a cold or a flu or something. I have that weird burn in the back of my throat that I only get if I haven't had anything to eat in a few days but today I had haribos and aero bar, my tummy was a bit funny so I didn't feel like lunch. I think I'm just really run down

I should say so. Dr. Goose prescribes pork-belly with spuds an' cabbatch three times a day for two weeks, and some food as well. :)

Dr Goose are you going to send someone around to make mammy dinners?? You should!

Facebook:mad: Fcuking twats are trying to make me change my personal account to a Page since apparently 'I'm a business:confused: News to me, be closing my account now then.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My own fault really but while getting my car serviced recently, I killed time by checking out a new different model to mine. The eager (and tbf pleasant) sales person has been on to me several times since trying to sell me one.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Dr Goose are you going to send someone around to make mammy dinners?? You should!

I can do better than that. I remember my Dad's Predator Homeworld dinners! :):):)

Facebook:mad: Fcuking twats are trying to make me change my personal account to a Page since apparently 'I'm a business:confused: News to me, be closing my account now then.:mad:

Ye Booke of Faeces is pointless ****. Bin it.

I can do better than that. I remember my Dad's Predator Homeworld dinners! :):):)

What were they?

What were they?

T-bone steak slaughtered by a local farmer the previous week, fresh floury spuds and carrots-and-ingins from his own Private Stash, nigga!

Sounds good except for the steak. Cows are friends not food, belly pork!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement