Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Sounds good except for the steak. Cows are friends not food, belly pork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

RTE. I left the room after the news and came back to see Duncan Stewart on a global jolly to explain global warming to the licence paying public. Last year they had yer man Creedon on a global jolly to explain global warming to us.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Took me washing out and some of my soap powder didnt dissolve :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People whinging about what others have. I have an acquaintance (see rant yesterday about unemployed) who tries to play the privileged vs poverty card. Shes basically saying that the only reason I have a job is because "daddy had money to put you through college, not all of us have that you know."
    A. My dad worked very hard all his life, as did my mother. Literally anything we had or any oppertunities we were given was because of their hard work.
    B. She also had the same oppertunities but has dropped out of Plc courses and 3rd level courses because it interfered with her drinking.

I hate people who play the poverty card, people make their own choices, make their own luck. She's implying it's "well for Ya, being left a trust fund". There's no trust fund. Anything that I have in the world right now (which isn't a lot because I have no self control) is because I work for it. Yeah, I'll eventually get whatever my dad left me but to be honest I'd rather have him than anything else, and besides, wills take so long to process that I'm not even thinking long term about it, but yet its thrown into my face because what would I know about poverty?

And that makes me so angry. If I had gone on the dole when I was well able to work, my dad would have given me a serious reality check. That wouldn't have been tolerated in my house. When he got sick I left my job to mind him, and I wasn't taking social welfare either, any money I did have went on feeding dogs and then she's drinking her dole, living in a council house, and telling me I'm lucky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That claiming poverty stroke does my head in too. I'm on a pension like many people but i funded my own pension. I'm sick of other pensioners who maintain they can't buy a stick for the fire yet drive cars. They maintain they can't afford decent food for themselves but buy food for stray cats. They complain constantly that the state doesn't do enough for them and then it transpires they never worked a day here nor paid a cent in income tax or PRSI. Then you have the ones phoning Joe about the dire straits they are in and in the course if the conversation they mention last year's foreign holiday - when I was raising my kids we never had as much as a week somewhere in Ireland. Its the sense of entitlement, I suppose, that annoys me.

Rant over. I'll probably read this in an hour and feel more sympathetic thus causing me to be annoyed for posting this. Pro active annoying of oneself - a new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Agree with the previous mails.
    Ive been working since I was 15, Bought my on place, have to pay for everything I want or need, property tax, anything that needs doing for the upkeep of it, but couldnt afford a place need where I grew up, so moved almost 90km away, still have to get up at 4.30am to be in work for 6, and all the fuel for car too, E200-300 pm.
    But yet them in above mentioned mails, refuse houses if they are too far from friends/family/where they grew up, not contributing to any tax only taking from it, (almost) free house, no property tax, car fuel? not driving far are they? medical cards, fuel allowance, bonus at Christmas, (did I? my ass, I did) dark when I leave home dark when i arrive home. Think i'll stop now.. blood pressure is going up, and it's almost me bed time!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

As someone who normally doesn't care about what people on dole do and don't get...and weather they work or not (doesn't bother me...not a life I would like either btw)...was on it myself and only for the farm and odd nixers would've cracked up...
    .but what does get me is I was dropping a few friends to town over xmas (who never worked since leaving school)...and each of them said to me they wouldn't bother working for what I get paid!!

Like I know its not a lot...but it's great experience and should be worth a lot of I ever to look for a different job/out on my own

As someone who normally doesn't care about what people on dole do and don't get...and weather they work or not (doesn't bother me...not a life I would like either btw)...was on it myself and only for the farm and odd nixers would've cracked up...
    .but what does get me is I was dropping a few friends to town over xmas (who never worked since leaving school)...and each of them said to me they wouldn't bother working for what I get paid!!

Like I know its not a lot...but it's great experience and should be worth a lot of I ever to look for a different job/out on my own

I don't think it's all about the money Tom, it's routine, experience, supporting yourself, and gives you something to do. I

I hate the way Americans in reality TV programmes overuse the word "appreciate".

E.g. "I appreciate the opportunity to talk" seems to be the most overused expression on TV. Usually uttered with no genuine feeling behind it, just seems like a waste of words or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

When guests are thanked for being on a radio program, and they say "thanks for having me"

WTF?

Sex on the radio now is it.

Grinds my gears, should say "thanks for having me on the show"

GRRRR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

flippin postman broke my letterbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I'm sick! Vile, germ-spewing, infectious, grunting and snorting b.astards! This is one that I will definitely be paying forward! I will make it my duty now to infect as many people as I can. Disgusting, horrible human beings with virus spewing blow holes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

agree 100% about the people crying poverty. My parents instilled a very strong work etic in all of us and there is no way we were dropping out of school before at least leaving cert and 4 out of 5 went to collage , parents often went without while some of kids were in college. During holidays we were always made find work.
    very very few in this country are born with silver spoons and if people in this so called poverty trap want to blame someone , in a lot of case all they have to do is look in mirror or over their shoulder at their up bringing..

Friends boring me with details of their child's day.
    "He's had three changes, it's not even 9:30"
    "He's lying here in his cot talking to me" (he's 4 months old)
    "I'm so lucky not to have an ugly baby *insert photo of someone else's ugly baby*"

Snapchats, so many snapchats of him feeding, crying, new outfits, sleeping.

I've recently stopped replying to baby stuff, so sometimes I feel lured into conversation, she'll text me something interesting, I'll reply and she'll tell me how many ðirty nappies her son had that day so far.

Also TA kid related, the best baby in the world (my best friends two year old) has discovered facetime. I've had my second facetime today with Her. Seriously how did babies get so smart with tablets/phones? Now I think her mam is dialling me for her but she's able to navigate my phone better than I can, with Siri and the front facing camera for selfies. She's not even playing normal kid stuff yet, it annoys me she doesn't have childhood free of all that kind of stuff, hopefully she doesn't grow up with her head stuck in a phone rather than actually play with her friends

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm sick! Vile, germ-spewing, infectious, grunting and snorting b.astards! This is one that I will definitely be paying forward! I will make it my duty now to infect as many people as I can. Disgusting, horrible human beings with virus spewing blow holes :(

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Friends boring me with details of their child's day.
    "He's had three changes, it's not even 9:30"
    "He's lying here in his cot talking to me" (he's 4 months old)
    "I'm so lucky not to have an ugly baby *insert photo of someone else's ugly baby*"

Snapchats, so many snapchats of him feeding, crying, new outfits, sleeping.

Had that before. Solution- deleted Snapchat.

Couldn't find the leap card this morning so I had to buy a ticket. F.uck this f.cuking weather! As I went to pick the ticket up from the tray the f.ucker only went and f.ucking blew away! :mad: I felt an inner rage that I have never felt before in my life. No point running after it as it whittled down the platform. So then I had the embarrassment of having to damn well buy another one. I scuttled to the dispenser on the other side and loitered for a minute and then came at the machine with a smile as if this was my first attempt. Then on the p.oxy luas I needed to use a tissue (and f.uck the lot of you, I hope you all get what I have) but all I had was toilet paper. Which reminded me of the personal hygiene thread. I could feel the stares - oh look at her, can't afford kleenex balsam so she has to use bum paper. At least it's that quilted one :rolleyes: Tried to read to take my mind off things but I finished my book last night and still slightly grieving the loss of the characters from my life. Had to start a new one with a slight sadness. Still no confirmation of good news. I am starting to think it will all go ar.se up. I was a fool to believe that for once something might be easy.

There is a word for this day that hasn't been invented yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Whenever a politician is being interviewed on an outside broadcast for the news, there's usually a heap of their cronies / advisors stood right beside them in the camera shot, looking important and listening with avid interest, with nodding heads in agreement to the words spoken.
    I wished they'd just get out of the shot!! Really annoys me seeing them there! Just stand out of the view you gombeens!!
    arrrghh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Daith

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Whenever a politician is being interviewed on an outside broadcast for the news, there's usually a heap of their cronies / advisors stood right beside them in the camera shot, looking important and listening with avid interest, with nodding heads in agreement to the words spoken.
    I wished they'd just get out of the shot!! Really annoys me seeing them there! Just stand out of the view you gombeens!!
    arrrghh!!

We are paying for them to stand there. Least they could do is juggle or something.

• Advertisement

People whinging about what others have. I have an acquaintance (see rant yesterday about unemployed) who tries to play the privileged vs poverty card. Shes basically saying that the only reason I have a job is because "daddy had money to put you through college, not all of us have that you know."
    A. My dad worked very hard all his life, as did my mother. Literally anything we had or any oppertunities we were given was because of their hard work.
    B. She also had the same oppertunities but has dropped out of Plc courses and 3rd level courses because it interfered with her drinking.

I hate people who play the poverty card, people make their own choices, make their own luck. She's implying it's "well for Ya, being left a trust fund". There's no trust fund. Anything that I have in the world right now (which isn't a lot because I have no self control) is because I work for it. Yeah, I'll eventually get whatever my dad left me but to be honest I'd rather have him than anything else, and besides, wills take so long to process that I'm not even thinking long term about it, but yet its thrown into my face because what would I know about poverty?

And that makes me so angry. If I had gone on the dole when I was well able to work, my dad would have given me a serious reality check. That wouldn't have been tolerated in my house. When he got sick I left my job to mind him, and I wasn't taking social welfare either, any money I did have went on feeding dogs and then she's drinking her dole, living in a council house, and telling me I'm lucky?

Urgh f.ucking maddening! This so much. I have encountered so many people like this. Money can't buy you success, unless you have millions. The amount of vile, jealous people even in my own "family" who were bitter over my leaving cert success, saying things to my mum like, "well we can't afford to send ours to private schools, we have too many". Like just f.uck right off. I worked my a.ss off in school. I didn't go out and get p.issed. I spent what seemed like an eternity in my room studying, so much that my parents worried about me :) Then I have my achievements belittled by some begrudgers. Even now people are saying to me, "oh wait til you're charging 200 quid for your signature, you wont want to know us" - sorry what? I don't see you sacrificing 4/5 evenings a week to go to college, sacrificing going out or buying new clothes so that you can pay college fees? My parents built themselves up from literally nothing. My Dad grew up in a tenement. He thought my mum was posh because she came from a home where they didnt have to share a toilet with a neighbour. We also have an uncle who lives in a council estate and hasn't spoke to my mum or my aunt for years because they have done well for themselves. Yeah, because they f.ucking worked. He had the exact same opportunities they had (more, I would say) but he chose to stay where he was, drink and smoke, go on foreign holidays and get in debt. Tough sh.it mate. You made your own bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Daith wrote: »
    We are paying for them to stand there. Least they could do is juggle or something.

This made me laugh. :D.

I shouldn't be laughing on the trivially annoyed thread :pac:

Left my (not even a) week old phone charger on the train this morning, last week I left one in a friend of a friends house, now I'm in work, and FML i have no charger.

And I don't know if I have a cold or a chest infection. Walking up the stairs in work left me wheezing like a hog at the top of the stairs and I keep getting really light headed. I won't be able to go to the doctor til Monday anyway but I'll be raging if I go and it turns out to be only sniffles and a cough

Urgh...

TL;DR: There wur 'oondred an' fifty of oos livin' in t'shoe-box at t'side o' t-road! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When you visit the thunderbowl to spend some quality time having a poo and catch up on some reading, but the dog decides that is the perfect time to try and get a cuddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Birdsh*t on my car window.
    It happened last week and it almost turned my stomach to clean it off. It's happened again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

There is a car in my university which is just covered in pro Palestine, anti government flags and stickers

fussyonion wrote: »
    It happened last week and it almost turned my stomach to clean it off. It's happened again.

Grrrr. There's a good-size tree in the neighbour's front garden, and of course it is RAF Holbeach for all the bastarding birds around the place with my car directly under the approach, where they tend to jettison. I am seriously considering some sort of flak belt. :pac:

EDIT: PS I don't know what they're eating or where they're getting it, but some of the crows seem to be dropping loads worthy of a Tight-Head Prop. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

And it stinks. For some reason, because it's white you are led to think that it's less smelly than brown poo, but it's worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

selous wrote: »
    Agree with the previous mails.
    Ive been working since I was 15, Bought my on place, have to pay for everything I want or need, property tax, anything that needs doing for the upkeep of it, but couldnt afford a place need where I grew up, so moved almost 90km away, still have to get up at 4.30am to be in work for 6, and all the fuel for car too, E200-300 pm.
    But yet them in above mentioned mails, refuse houses if they are too far from friends/family/where they grew up, not contributing to any tax only taking from it, (almost) free house, no property tax, car fuel? not driving far are they? medical cards, fuel allowance, bonus at Christmas, (did I? my ass, I did) dark when I leave home dark when i arrive home. Think i'll stop now.. blood pressure is going up, and it's almost me bed time!!!![/QUOTE]

Self infiicted that is.. why judge others if you have enough? And you were very blessed to be able to work.. er we all pay tax when we buy stuff anyways.. car fuel? Never heard of that one...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSSSSSE dont! I am on my third bug in a very short time ..

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Grrrr. There's a good-size tree in the neighbour's front garden, and of course it is RAF Holbeach for all the bastarding birds around the place with my car directly under the approach, where they tend to jettison. I am seriously considering some sort of flak belt. :pac:

EDIT: PS I don't know what they're eating or where they're getting it, but some of the crows seem to be dropping loads worthy of a Tight-Head Prop. :pac::pac::pac:

Cover the car... REALLY!

Good username! I just wait and the next time out when it is deluging....

Graces7 wrote: »
    Cover the car... REALLY!

Would do chief, but sooo... fcukan... LAZY!! :pac::pac::pac:

I just get 'er washed every couple of weeks. :D

Not having brought fuel in before the sideways deluge started... need to light the range..ay me!

Would do chief, but sooo... fcukan... LAZY!! :pac::pac::pac:

I just get 'er washed very couple of weeks. :D

Gee you must be rich! I trust the rain to do it for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

11.45 and only getting to TTTAY now, cos I was reading "Personal Hygiene" instead.

I hope you lot don't discover the "Grapefruit your Man" thread...................oops

Graces7 wrote: »
    Gee you must be rich! I trust the rain to do it for me ;)

€10 every two or three weeks on paintwork that originally would have cost around €4,000 is the best money you'll ever spend, squire. ;)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    11.45 and only getting to TTTAY now, cos I was reading "Personal Hygiene" instead.

I hope you lot don't discover the "Grapefruit your Man" thread...................oops

Did you get sucked in by the mooncups too? :P

Tell me more?

My TA is my work chair is too uncomfortable to sit so much on. I'm on S2 E5 of breaking bad and I think I'm giving myself sciatica

Tell me more?

My TA is my work chair is too uncomfortable to sit so much on. I'm on S2 E5 of breaking bad and I think I'm giving myself sciatica

Take a break from BB, and watch the thread"How to Grapefruit your man", funniest thing I have seen in years.

• Advertisement

Link me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

My TA is my office is always freezing. I look like Fortycoats I'm wearing so many layers and I have a fan heater going but can't get warm.
    I'm fine everywhere else just cold at work

Link me

I beg your pardon? I am a reasonably happily married man!!

Actually, I dont know how to........

I am 93 next birthday.

Just do a search on it...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Time to look at Grapefruiting, whatever that may be.

My TA. We have a free onsite Health & Dental clinic in area where I work and I had my appointment today. I'm not one for getting regular checkups in anything, so was a big step for me to go over today.
    Go in, get my teeth done. They are grand. Happy Days.

For the Health check, i've been mentally preparing for this for a few days now. I ticked the box to get the prostate check, every man will know my fear with this....and it's not the diagnosis.
    So I ask where I go for the health screening and get hit with the bombshell that the nurse is not onsite this week and will reschedule for a few weeks time. The mental torture I've been going through for a few days is set to subside, but to come back again.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

My TA. We have a free onsite Health & Dental clinic in area where I work and I had my appointment today. I'm not one for getting regular checkups in anything, so was a big step for me to go over today.

For the Health check, i've been mentally preparing for this for a few days now. I ticked the box to get the prostate check, every man will know my fear with this....and it's not the diagnosis.
    So I ask where I go for the health screening and get hit with the bombshell that the nurse is not onsite this week and will reschedule for a few weeks time. The mental torture I've been going through for a few days is set to subside, but to come back again.

*snap* said the latex glove :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

€10 every two or three weeks on paintwork that originally would have cost around €4,000 is the best money you'll ever spend, squire. ;)
    A few euro a month and the car is protected! My regular car washes and waxing saves me considerable money when I change cars.
    Relying on rain to shift bird dirt is pointless. The finish on the paintwork is damaged and rain won't shift it all.
    A TA for me is seeing so many dirty cars around. Filthy outside and a rubbish heap inside.

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Time for a little probing ay? Hope you get a doc with small fingers:D

*snap* said the latex glove :pac:

"can you relax please.................I can't get my hand out":D

"can you relax please.................I can't get my hand out":D

Hope he thinks of us at the initial poke :pac: You will BoomBap, won't you? :D

*snap*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hope he thinks of us at the initial poke :pac: You will BoomBap, won't you? :D

*snap*
    Nope, I'll just be thinking that it's not right, it's an out hole not an in hole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement