Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Worse still when you are bursting try to unzip only to realise you're wearing a button fly :eek: the extra few seconds it takes to get your lad out is like the climax of an action movie.

The female equivalent of that is when you eventually do get to sit down and realise the lid is up.

Oh wait, there doesn't need to be a female equivalent because the button/zip thing can happen to us too lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Trying to get a pencil skirt up, tights down, Spanx down. Sometimes it's easier not to go!

Perhaps not trivial, but finding out that since my beloved dog passed away from a degenerative disease in 2010, a cure for that disease has been discovered. I'm happy that other owners and their dogs will not have to go through what we did, but I can't help feeling a little sad that my beloved friend missed the boat. And now I am welling up God damn :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The female equivalent of that is when you eventually do get to sit down and realise the lid is up.

Oh wait, there doesn't need to be a female equivalent because the button/zip thing can happen to us too lol

You mean the lid is down? :confused: ie closed.. I never sit down on loos. I rented a house where the toilet was no longer attached to the floor...after the inevitable flood the local man came,, plumber and electrician and school bus driver... rural of course... said the floor was too wet for him to work and I never saw him again so I learned to hover.. dratted seat here is broken so the same here..

Perhaps not trivial, but finding out that since my beloved dog passed away from a degenerative disease in 2010, a cure for that disease has been discovered. I'm happy that other owners and their dogs will not have to go through what we did, but I can't help feeling a little sad that my beloved friend missed the boat. And now I am welling up God damn :(

(((so sorry)))) How old was he?

Trying to get a pencil skirt up, tights down, Spanx down. Sometimes it's easier not to go!

At my age you have no choice :rolleyes: and not much warning either:eek:But then I dont wear what you do..

Graces7 wrote: »
    You mean the lid is down? :confused: ie closed.. I never sit down on loos. I rented a house where the toilet was no longer attached to the floor...after the inevitable flood the local man came,, plumber and electrician and school bus driver... rural of course... said the floor was too wet for him to work and I never saw him again so I learned to hover.. dratted seat here is broken so the same here..

Oh sorry yeah :o You'll have to excuse me. The synergistic effect of nurofen cold & flu and lemsip... :pac:

I never sit down either unless I am at home. As a child, my mother was obsessive about this and to this day when I use a public toilet, I can hear her screeching, "don't sit down!" in my head :) I have some impressive strength in my thighs from years of dishing out the number ones mid air :D

(((so sorry)))) How old was he?

She came to us at 10 weeks and we were blessed to have her for 12.5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Extremely minor family bickering at a nice event :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got a right b*llocking from Mrs. Bap when she discovered that I let our little one sit on a public toilet.

Extremely minor family bickering at a nice event :mad:

Sh.it that reminds me I had too much gin last night and wound up fighting with my parents about direct provision centres. I don't even know how it happened! Something about people protesting against Syrian asylum seekers and Mam saying we should "look after our own first" and me pointing out that even without these centres we wouldn't look after our own, that they are not mutually exclusive. Her screeching at me that I was having a pop at her over her medical card or something.

And I wondered why she was cool with me this morning lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

What annoys me is the number of people who grab all the fresh veg at Christmas and they complain about the waste and all the unused food they had to dump after Christmas. Can they not judge how much they'll use? Or do they not recall chucking sprouts in the bin last year and the year before?

have you not realised that its the yearly thing called christmas, it makes people have a strange fear of either starving to death or suffering from rickets , scurvy, malnutrition or some other ailment just because shops are closed for a whole day .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

stoneill wrote: »
    I hate the feeling of panic that wells up when you're bursting for a piss, running to the urinal, a drop or two making their sneaky appearance, you run while fiddling trying to open the fly of your jeans, fumbling around for the top of your jocks to pull your mickey out and you can't find the way in as you are really fidgeting with the bottom of your t-shirt.
    you think thats bad , just wait till the day you hang up and the call is not finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

If I am emptying the dishwasher and I find a cup (facing upwards) full of stinky wash-off water.

*first World problems, hey !

She came to us at 10 weeks and we were blessed to have her for 12.5 years.

Awwwww...... I am watching my old collie winding her life gently down. I rescued her when she was five and had been abused all those years. She is we think 13 now.. loves her food and that cheers me...she went blind this summer but copes brilliantly

• Advertisement

have you not realised that its the yearly thing called christmas, it makes people have a strange fear of either starving to death or suffering from rickets , scurvy, malnutrition or some other ailment just because shops are closed for a whole day .

it is more than that; simply greed! I usually do my shopping early but this year it was 23rd and the frenzy gripped me...dreadful feeling! shudders! shops were all but giving basics away; been making pineapple jam today with the 19 cent ones! I shop in Killarney and the 4 main chains are all there! It is a feeding frenzy thing, bacchanalian! Nothing really wasted here thankfully but...

Awwwww...... I am watching my old collie winding her life gently down. I rescued her when she was five and had been abused all those years. She is we think 13 now.. loves her food and that cheers me...she went blind this summer but copes brilliantly

They are amazingly adaptive. Ours had a lovely healthy and active life and was then struck down with DM (degenerative myelopathy) resulting in hind leg paralysis. Instead of giving up on her, we got her a set of wheels specially made and she had her freedom again. Something like this, in fact I think it is the very same model:

Life is what we make it :)

Words fail but something I read here years ago re the Gardai being as much use as a chocolate fireguard come to mind...a right pair in full uniform.. making excuses and passing the buck, shamefaced at one point.. dismissing stuff as civil not criminal..I am ashamed for them. I really am. I was awesome; pointed out that this is leaving the way open for worse against me. Which it is.. too long and nasty a tale for here but verging on real danger and they knew it. I had written it all out but they say the Sergeant will veto action as he has done before. I told them re the car that its up by the lane entrance for hours at night and they will patrol now.

They are amazingly adaptive. Ours had a lovely healthy and active life and was then struck down with DM (degenerative myelopathy) resulting in hind leg paralysis. Instead of giving up on her, we got her a set of wheels specially made and she had her freedom again. Something like this, in fact I think it is the very same model:

Life is what we make it :)

That is awesome.. THANK YOU! here in deep farming land I am well aware of the attiitude that disabled dogs should be shot etc.,, that it is cruel etc...collie is alive! I watch her pottering and wandering and rolling in the grass and above all EATING! The one word that will bring her running is FOOD...

If I am emptying the dishwasher and I find a cup (facing upwards) full of stinky wash-off water.

*first World problems, hey !

Love that last comment! There is a dishwasher here but I use it for storage

• Advertisement

Past my bedtime and need food etc and to make something beautfiul to counteract the day.. lacy knitting in fine variegated yarn..... have a lovely evening everyone. Life gets disappointing, or rather people do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Having one of 'THOSE' days. It started when the new boots that I've worn 3 times had a metal eyelet snap off as I was lacing them this morning. I'd binned my old pairs of Winter boots yesterday so all I had where some Spring/Summer light shoes, not good for torrential rain and wind. On the way to get the bus my umbrella got totally bent and when I folded it down it snapped and cut my finger.:mad: Still, at least I was in and out of my X Ray appointment within 10 minutes, so that was OK. Better still, I got a refund for the boots and bought a new pair else where that worked out 9 euro cheaper at the sale price than the ones that broke, these ones have a zip. ;)

I think the gardai do a fantastic job. I was seeing one for a while and I couldn't believe how much crap they put up with, (he was almost drowned in a canal) shouted at, verbally abused, dealing with the scum of the Earth with little to no appreciation. I remember one night we were out in town when some tracksuit wearing knackbag told him he was scum. We were at my neighbours wedding another day, everything was going great, we were sitting at the neighbour table, everyone got on really well the entire meal until more neighbours came and joined our table for the afters, and one of the drunk bitches tore into him about guards being nosey, being good for nothing, wouldn't fight real criminals, all sorts of nonsense. It really bugs me ever since hear people run them down

Not for all the money in the world would I do that job.

Having a horrific evening. Need my brothers help but unfortunately me and him took into it monday and haven't spoken since. Too stubborn to apologise but I fear there may be no other option.

Also all those posts and texts from people selling stuff like weightloss products - that aloe Vera nonsense, cheap makeup, christmas hampers for next year. If I wanted it, I'd buy it. I'd approach you and Id tell you I wanted to buy it. I don't need random texts, random mails, persistent from one particular person.
    Here's an idea, get yourself a real job instead of trying to subsidise your dole and stop trying to peddle your wares to people who have no interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Gok Wan - creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

People who don't have their change ready for the bus, mostly women. Christ people, either have the change ready or get a leap card. These are the same twats who take ages in the quene at the shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Pompus Diners on The Restaurant TV show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Zemuppet wrote: »
    People who don't have their change ready for the bus, mostly women. Christ people, either have the change ready or get a leap card. These are the same twats who take ages in the quene at the shops

Having change ready can be a pain in the ass. I have to keep extra available because they probably put up the price again

Love that last comment! There is a dishwasher here but I use it for storage

Do you keep your Manolo's and Laboutins in there Grace ? :)

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

News reports about serious subjects where, the "journalist" starts reading off tweets and facebook posts from people, as if they matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Jake1 wrote: »

;)

:D Rich girl toys. :rolleyes:ï

Louboutins!!! Speaking of which, I saw a lady at the train station wearing a pair of fake louboutins and the heel of it was all to one side about to snap at any minute. People wearing fakes TA me

Louboutins!!! Speaking of which, I saw a lady at the train station wearing a pair of fake louboutins and the heel of it was all to one side about to snap at any minute. People wearing fakes TA me

Have to be honest, Im not too keen on BIg Branded ' Luxury Goods'
    Logos, hate Logos.

In particular,I hate those Godawful Brown Louis Vuitton bags. They look like old lino FSS, dont go with any outfit, ( unless it was brown or beige )

Dont get me wrong I love luxury as mush as the next, ( cant afford it tho :( ), but I like it to whisper, rather than shout

Id be damned me paying money to advertise some firms name.

They should be paying me;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My body keeps trying to trick me into the ridiculous eating I was doing over Christmas. I'm not even hungry but I keep craving stuff, thankfully there's no veggie friendly junk food left in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Trivial annoyance: I have a *GORGEOUS* red dress ideal for a family wedding in a few months. Alas, due to having huge UK size 10 feet and balance problems, I'm having a hard time finding a nice pair of shoes that aren't leather boots or ballerina pumps that wear down after a week of use. :( I do have a pair of red wedges that I bought a few years ago in a splurge of madness that I can't even walk in. They're perfect for my outfit but right now, they might as well be very pretty but useless paperweights.
    I'm not after stillettos or anything mad like that but Christ! I wish I could at least wear wedges! :( Stupid equilibrium!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I went to Aldi and came back with a puppy. She was wandering around the shop with staff and security trying to get her out. She was soaking wet, dirty and shaking. She's really underweight too.

I asked staff did they know who owned her and they said she's been in before for the heat and shelter. Then the owner comes in days later knowing she goes there. But they just put her outside again and she wanders around the carpark overnight and everything. They said the owner got her for Christmas and is a bit rough, I left my number to give to the owner if he comes in, but they said I should just keep her because she's going to starve/freeze to death otherwise.

So now I have another dog, and I feel like a thief but I don't want to give her back :( she's so gentle and sweet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

yeppydeppy wrote: »

TA - shoe sizes and why it's so difficult to find my correct size in this country.
    *sobs quietly in solidarity with yeppydeppy*
    Why must it be so hard for shoe makers to grasp the concept that some women have big feet!?!? :mad::(

Trivial annoyance: I'm craving banana and yogurt. It's 12:52. Why am I having these cravings? I had a decent dinner so I should be full up for the night. Bewildering. I also have no bananas.

EDIT: Also trivially annoying: Just found the perfect pair of flat red shoes online... and here's me without a hapenny to me name. *frowns* I'm also going to the gym tomorrow morning. If I don't post with an update, assume I've had a heart attack on the spinning machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Fakes, does that include tan?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I went to Aldi and came back with a puppy. She was wandering around the shop with staff and security trying to get her out. She was soaking wet, dirty and shaking. She's really underweight too.

I asked staff did they know who owned her and they said she's been in before for the heat and shelter. Then the owner comes in days later knowing she goes there. But they just put her outside again and she wanders around the carpark overnight and everything. They said the owner got her for Christmas and is a bit rough, I left my number to give to the owner if he comes in, but they said I should just keep her because she's going to starve/freeze to death otherwise.

So now I have another dog, and I feel like a thief but I don't want to give her back :( she's so gentle and sweet!!

Good on you and please don't feel bad. Good luck with her :)

• Advertisement

KKkitty wrote: »
    Good on you and please don't feel bad. Good luck with her :)

OK nobody has told me to give her back so I'm keeping her :) and Thanks!

My trivial annoyance is I read a Facebook post on one of the groups I'm a member of. A lady bought fish which had worms in it apparently. Stupidly had fish for dinner and threw it all up thinking of the post.

You're welcome. She's lucky there's people like you around.

KKkitty wrote: »
    My trivial annoyance is I read a Facebook post on one of the groups I'm a member of. A lady bought fish which had worms in it apparently. Stupidly had fish for dinner and threw it all up thinking of the post.

Cod worms? Quite common I think, and harmless. Still disgusting though. Won't be having fish for a while now :P

Cod worms? Quite common I think, and harmless. Still disgusting though. Won't be having fish for a while now :P

It was cod worms and I was just finished when I got sick. Not sure if I'll eat fish again.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Fakes, does that include tan?:D

Ha, now that you mention it. I don't like tan at all. Young wans going around bronzed to their eyeballs in - degree weather, ridiculous

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »

;)

My WHAT? :confused:

My body keeps trying to trick me into the ridiculous eating I was doing over Christmas. I'm not even hungry but I keep craving stuff, thankfully there's no veggie friendly junk food left in the house.

I am well stocked still with chocolates.... the price war on Roses and Quality Street was irresistible...they were down to 3.95 the large tin...was so hungry in the night but too much pain to get out of bed and go downstairs....am climbing the steep stairs on hands and knees these days..

Good for you! Well done :p

I think the gardai do a fantastic job. I was seeing one for a while and I couldn't believe how much crap they put up with, (he was almost drowned in a canal) shouted at, verbally abused, dealing with the scum of the Earth with little to no appreciation. I remember one night we were out in town when some tracksuit wearing knackbag told him he was scum. We were at my neighbours wedding another day, everything was going great, we were sitting at the neighbour table, everyone got on really well the entire meal until more neighbours came and joined our table for the afters, and one of the drunk bitches tore into him about guards being nosey, being good for nothing, wouldn't fight real criminals, all sorts of nonsense. It really bugs me ever since hear people run them down

Not for all the money in the world would I do that job.

HavI think there is a divide between urban and ruring a horrific evening. Need my brothers help but unfortunately me and him took into it monday and haven't spoken since. Too stubborn to apologise but I fear there may be no other option.

Oh grand in that kind of situation and I wholeheartedly agree....there seems to be a rural/ urban divide as before if they came out from a large town they were grand but the local lad was useless. In this situation it is different. Waiting now to see what develops... everyone here is still reeling after that sexual assault in the village.. the dogs liked them anyways!

Hope they fed her.... one of the dealership garages has an old black lab that apparently wandered in many years ago.. they have cared for it since.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement