Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Graces7 wrote: »
    When I got the chest virus a lady told me she had had the same thing five times and blamed the repetition on taking anti biotics the first time. If it is a virus they wont help. I have them here on stand by but waited and it has cleared now without them. Glad i did that!

I started off with a vomitting bug, then I got a really bad kidney infection, then I got another vomitting bug/virus while on anti biotics for kidney infection. Then I got a cold, and it's completely in on my chest. Every time i walk I get out of breath and a tightness in my chest. I'm so run down its not even funny. I get about 5 hours sleep a night, my diet consists mostly of sandwiches and macaroons and chocolate, I have a proper dinner maybe once a week, I used to drink like an absolute fish. I'm just fit for the glue heap at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I started off with a vomitting bug, then I got a really bad kidney infection, then I got another vomitting bug/virus while on anti biotics for kidney infection. Then I got a cold, and it's completely in on my chest. Every time i walk I get out of breath and a tightness in my chest. I'm so run down its not even funny. I get about 5 hours sleep a night, my diet consists mostly of sandwiches and macaroons and chocolate, I have a proper dinner maybe once a week, I used to drink like an absolute fish. I'm just fit for the glue heap at the minute

Oh DEAR! Try some vitamin C.... and multi vits.....like NOW! More anti bs will not help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...I'm so run down its not even funny...I'm just fit for the glue heap at the minute

When you get this chest-cold business sorted out, get a full checkup, possibly followed by vitamin and/or iron supplements. I'm a great believer in proper daycint food. Get a proper Farmer's Dinner into you every day - that should be easy enough, I believe you work in Dublin? Don't tell me you haven't time or the other little wagons will be getting jealous, or whatever. Repeat after me - I'm the Bawss Maun I awm!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    When you get this chest-cold business sorted out, get a full checkup, possibly followed by vitamin and/or iron supplements. I'm a great believer in proper daycint food. Get a proper Farmer's Dinner into you every day - that should be easy enough, I believe you work in Dublin? Don't tell me you haven't time or the other little wagons will be getting jealous, or whatever. Repeat after me - I'm the Bawss Maun I awm!! :cool:

Agree, full NCT required.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Agree, full NCT required.

NCT me hole. What we're looking at here is a full OBD-II scan, followed by filters, plugs and a refill of good, dear 5W-30 full-synthetic. She'll pull an eight-second quarter-mile in no time, bah! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Lexie if you don't feel like eating a dinner try eating/drinking vegetable soup, full of goodness.

Jimgoose I love it when you talk durty ! just don't tell my husband :D:D:D

I had bloods done I need vitamin b 12 injections (which i haven't got because .. Injections) I have a low thyroid and have to take eltroxin but eltroxin is expensive and now I have my epilepsy meds to get so they take precedent over thyroid.

I wouldn't have the appetite for a farmers dinner lol I'm a picker, but that could be because I feel so ****. Before Christmas anything I would eat wouldn't even stay there but I don't get sick at all now so it's much better

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Lexie if you don't feel like eating a dinner try eating/drinking vegetable soup, full of goodness.

Jimgoose I love it when you talk durty ! just don't tell my husband :D:D:D

I love cars and motorbikes and engines. They bring out the Big Hairy Basturd in me! :D:D:D

People who push you out of the way in a que. FAR QUE ASSSHOLE

• Advertisement

I had bloods done I need vitamin b 12 injections (which i haven't got because .. Injections) I have a low thyroid and have to take eltroxin but eltroxin is expensive and now I have my epilepsy meds to get so they take precedent over thyroid.

I wouldn't have the appetite for a farmers dinner lol I'm a picker, but that could be because I feel so ****. Before Christmas anything I would eat wouldn't even stay there but I don't get sick at all now so it's much better

Many carveries do a half-portion. Try that someday, you might even like it! Be careful of that thyroid craic, don't neglect the medication. It's like the regulator for your whole metabolism, you'd be amazed what slows down/speeds up/goes arseways when that gland acts up. Always consult your GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Having no money. Or no grown up savings. Starting on new year I have a direct debit going from my wages account to my saving account taking 1/3 of my wages to go savings.....I think I need to go to my doctor because it hurts to walk with a pain in my chest and feels like my heart is sore I think it's a chest infection. 50 euro for a stupid diagnosis I know myself and more money for more anti biotics that make me so run down ill have another infection next week.
    I might as well not bother saving, it's jinxing bad things

Lexie, go and get yourself sorted. You have recounted too many symptoms for a typical chest infection. See to it. The savings can wait. Your immediate health is more important.
    You'll be more than trivially annoyed if you let this build and worsen.

:)

You wouldn't drive your car without putting fuel in it your body needs the Eltroxin.
    Jimgoose is right

You wouldn't drive your car without putting fuel in it your body needs the Eltroxin.
    Jimgoose is right

I have inherited my late father's rhinocerous-like constitution, and eat like a army barracks, i.e. all of everything. Mrs. Goose theorises that virii and bacteria take one look at what's going on in there and turn and run! :pac::pac::pac:

Oh DEAR! Try some vitamin C.... and multi vits.....like NOW! More anti bs will not help?

Do as the GP advises, Lexie. Please!
    I have seen the impact of self diagnosed chest infections and improperly regulated thyroid medication.

Jimgoose Mrs Goose sounds brilliant. I understand why you married her.

• Advertisement

Jimgoose Mrs Goose sounds brilliant. I understand why you married her.

She's pretty cool. She'd want to be! :pac:

I would love to be a fly on the wall in jimgooses house, Id say it's hilarious

Have you looked at the drug payment plan? No need for huge meals .. I cannot eat like that so I graze,, several small meals...fruit etc is good....apple and cheese.... but you MUST get the meds you need. There are natural thyroid meds that dont cost the earth. as for injections... be brave! That alone will drag you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

When you're on long haul night flight, you have just managed to drift off while watching a film, then there's a LOUD announcement through your earphones.

:(

Happened to me the other day. Look, I know a passenger is ill and the flight crew need a medical doctor to come forward immediately, but I was sleeping, God damn it!

Many carveries do a half-portion. Try that someday, you might even like it! Be careful of that thyroid craic, don't neglect the medication. It's like the regulator for your whole metabolism, you'd be amazed what slows down/speeds up/goes arseways when that gland acts up. Always consult your GP.

One of my family cannot take the synthetic thyroid the dr prescribe so I get her the natural nutri thyroid. The drs missed the diagnosis so we went ahead ourselves.. it can be a hard one to diagnose

• Advertisement

...There are natural thyroid meds that dont cost the earth...

Not quite trivial annoyance: Home-cured, organic, knitted-yoghurt, crusty, unregulated, uncontrolled, amateur, Googled, "natural" remedies that flatten more people than they cure. :mad:

Not quite trivial annoyance: Home-cured, organic, knitted-yoghurt, crusty, unregulated, uncontrolled, amateur, Googled, "natural" remedies that flatten more people than they cure. :mad:

Not this one; many drs do advocate it.. she cannot take the synthetic chemical the drs use as it clashes with the heart meds she is on so this was the only way.... so your post is nonsense a it reads,, this is natural thyroid extract ie not some nasty chemical . I am not a believer in drs meds frankly and will always try more natural.. drs kill more than they cure and almost killed me so I am careful now. am alive at 71 and doing better than they all said I would. get informed! relative is better than for years on it and doing fine..google nutri thyroid and learn! also google thyroid support UK and read some of the stories.. your post is more than TA! :mad:after all how can you replace a natural hormone with a chemical? when that hormone is available? .... bedtime here now... bye bye!

Not this one; many drs do advocate it.. she cannot take the synthetic chemical the drs use as it clashes with the heart meds she is on so this was the only way.... so your post is nonsense a it reads,, this is natural thyroid extract ie not some nasty chemical . I am not a believer in drs meds frankly and will always try more natural.. drs kill more than they cure and almost killed me so I am careful now. am alive at 71 and doing better than they all said I would. get informed! relative is better than for years on it and doing fine..google nutri thyroid and learn! also google thyroid support UK and read some of the stories.. your post is more than TA! :mad:after all how can you replace a natural hormone with a chemical? when that hormone is available? .... bedtime here now... bye bye!

At 71, you aren't much more than a chungwan in this day and age. Get out there and party! ;)

I don't believe in doctors any more than I believe in the plumber. They are merely occasionally necessary. And you'd probably be surprised how informed I am. Nighty-night!! :D

Bedtime?

Mod

It is completely against the rules to give any kind medical advice anywhere on boards.

I'm sure I don't need to tell any of you not to be taking such advice from strangers on the internet.

Doctors have their faults, but "kill more than they cure"....c'mon outa that.

If ever I keel over, clutching my chest, do not call a herbalist for me please. I want the best doctors that the VHI can buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

um.....when someone fat gets onto a bus? :(

If ever I keel over, clutching my chest, do not call a herbalist for me please. I want the best doctors that the VHI can buy.

Did you ever see that sketch on homeopaths? I love the homeopathic pint - one drop and you're hammered!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Did you ever see that sketch on homeopaths? I love the homeopathic pint - one drop and you're hammered!

Hear about the fella on homeopathic medicine who forgot to take it? He died of an overdose. Don't fcuk with mathematics! :D

• Advertisement

Bedtime?

For you right now sounds like a good idea.
    ;)

We'll probably just be trivially annoyed with you for ruining our day and will step over you in a huff.

For you right now sounds like a good idea.
    ;)

Plenty of life in the old dog yet!! :D I'm on my lunch run, no macaroons today

Our thread is a moth today. Ah :)

At 71, you aren't much more than a chungwan in this day and age. Get out there and party! ;)

I don't believe in doctors any more than I believe in the plumber. They are merely occasionally necessary. And you'd probably be surprised how informed I am. Nighty-night!! :D

Please don't paint all us over 70s with the one brush. ;) Some of us try to keep up. However I can't get to grips with, nor comprehend the need for, Facebook or Twitter. I get a trivial annoyance when radio programmes or TV do the "follow the full story on FB or twitter" line. Just put it on your webpage for goodness sake or even tell us now!!

Our thread is a moth today. Ah :)

And a caterpillar yesterday! :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Skid Marks

Getting stuck on a plane next to a human lard arse is high on the list of things I never want to happen again.

Your choice.. mine is other. Each to his or her own,,, my body my life and my family have my Living Will to that effect. Mine is based on my long experience. I dont mind what YOU do with YOUR life and why should what I do with mine worry anyone! I lost three decades of my life to medical mayhem and misdiagnosis and abuse. Now I ask what and why. And say NO if I am not satisfied. Only this last year I left with a painful and deformed wrist because of medical incompetence so am not about to change my mind. Never any harm in asking. They are only people not magicians. OK? OK!

Please don't paint all us over 70s with the one brush. ;) Some of us try to keep up. However I can't get to grips with, nor comprehend the need for, Facebook or Twitter. I get a trivial annoyance when radio programmes or TV do the "follow the full story on FB or twitter" line. Just put it on your webpage for goodness sake or even tell us now!!

Well I'm 43, and I tried the FB/Twitter thing briefly before concluding they're both pointless bollocks and deleting myself again. Regarding over 70s, my mother is 78 and gives her 2009 Feshty 130km/h on the M20 like the Little Old Lady From Pasadena. She recently spent three weeks in Manhattan with the brother, and positively ram-raided the place, commanding Boy to transport most of her spoils with him when he came home for Christmas! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Bedtime?

Yep; am i work odd hours with family overSeas and am sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

When people think their experience outweighs someone who has been doing a job for years and has seen thousands of people and trained for 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

'Cept most of those shops smell funny. :pac:

They smell of old ladies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Skid Marks wrote: »
    Getting stuck on a plane next to a human lard arse is high on the list of things I never want to happen again.

Did he make an impression on you? :p

(the username)

We'll probably just be trivially annoyed with you for ruining our day and will step over you in a huff.

God forbid I would snuff it on then LUAS, and keep some of you five minutes late for work. Shower of gits:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

God forbid I would snuff it on then LUAS, and keep some of you five minutes late for work. Shower of gits:D

If it's the Red Line, you'll be eaten by a horde of zombies junkies in no time, thereby minimising obstruction.

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    If it's the Red Line, you'll be eaten by a horde of zombies junkies in no time, thereby minimising obstruction.

See? The system works! :pac:

Your choice.. mine is other. Each to his or her own,,, my body my life and my family have my Living Will to that effect. Mine is based on my long experience. I dont mind what YOU do with YOUR life and why should what I do with mine worry anyone! I lost three decades of my life to medical mayhem and misdiagnosis and abuse. Now I ask what and why. And say NO if I am not satisfied. Only this last year I left with a painful and deformed wrist because of medical incompetence so am not about to change my mind. Never any harm in asking. They are only people not magicians. OK? OK!

All I said was I disagree with your statement that doctors kill more than they cure...it simply is not true. And yes, of course you are to free to get "treatment"from whoever you wish, a witchdoctor if so desired.I will stick with medical profession thanks.

Anyway, up them stairs quick, before I take a slipper to you.

Another TA is the Junkies on the Red Line :(

If I was only five minutes late for work I'd be practically early :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Son got an Xbox 360 for Christmas and can connect it to the newer TV in the sitting room but can't get it to connect to the TV in his room. The one in his room is one of the ones with the big back to it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement