Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

KKkitty wrote: »
    Son got an Xbox 360 for Christmas and can connect it to the newer TV in the sitting room but can't get it to connect to the TV in his room. The one in his room is one of the ones with the big back to it.

You'll need a SCART adapter. Some small few games mightn't work properly without full-HD link but sod 'im, he can buy his own new telly. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Son got an Xbox 360 for Christmas and can connect it to the newer TV in the sitting room but can't get it to connect to the TV in his room. The one in his room is one of the ones with the big back to it.

You can using a scart lead but you will be better off plugging it into a potatoe due to the awful quality from the scary rather than a hdmi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

jimgoose wrote: »
    You'll need a SCART adapter. Some small few games mightn't work properly without full-HD link but sod 'im, he can buy his own new telly. ;)

Got a connection for it but it won't work. His TV has no remote so we can't get it to go to any av station either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What I don't get is you can be charged of a Saturday night for being drunk and disorderly in a public place, or public order, creating a nuscience of yourself in a public place. Not a word about people nodding off piped off their mallet on heroin on public transport in the middle of the day, or some junkie so high he's holding an imaginary phone to his ear. Disgusting people being subjected to that carry on when they're going to or from work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Another TA is the Junkies on the Red Line :(

Sometimes they're funny too. I mean, we can laugh at them because they're too spasticated to react with any great threat or force. The most you'd get is a whiny, nasal utterance about "only bleedin' sittin' 'ere liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike" lol. I saw one of an evening a while back, trying to drink from a can of Devil's Bit. He was raising the can to his face in super slow motion and was bent forward as if his centre of gravity was somewhere below the knee :) He'd sway with the tram as the can neared his blow hole. He was mostly way off which was fun to watch - there are 3 month old babies with a better grasp of their own position in space. Eventually, he'd get the can somewhere near his face and then the luas would stop suddenly and he'd be sent back to square one all over again. He didn't get annoyed when this happened though. He just accepted it and started the process again. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I take my medical advice from George Carlin :D

there is a little bit of the more common TA's that are dished up on this thread that appear in this video......heck, there is even weapon and military style references for a certain someone as well

TA is that I never got to appreciate him fully and largely ignored him growing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I had bloods done I need vitamin b 12 injections (which i haven't got because .. Injections) I have a low thyroid and have to take eltroxin but eltroxin is expensive and now I have my epilepsy meds to get so they take precedent over thyroid.

I wouldn't have the appetite for a farmers dinner lol I'm a picker, but that could be because I feel so ****. Before Christmas anything I would eat wouldn't even stay there but I don't get sick at all now so it's much better

Epilepsy medications are covered and free under the Long-term Illness scheme. Talk to your GP about it and you can take a look online for more info.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Got a connection for it but it won't work. His TV has no remote so we can't get it to go to any av station either.

I think that there should always be a way to get the TV to AV without the remote. It's one of those mandatory things manufacturers need to do....no evidence to back this up.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I take my medical advice from George Carlin...

Oh hell yes, he's the King.

We were tempered in raw shit!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I take my medical advice from George Carlin :D

TA is that I never got to appreciate him fully and largely ignored him growing up.

George Carlin - Pure genius, love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I think that there should always be a way to get the TV to AV without the remote. It's one of those mandatory things manufacturers need to do....no evidence to back this up.

A €2 magic remote in Dealz will do the job handy enough, save you forking out for a new tv Mrs. B :D

If you're in the market for a new tv though (as I am at the moment), Currys and Argos are doing some good deals at the moment. I'm eyeballing a Hitatchi 42" SMART television for €329 with a Wi-Fi dongle thrown in for €15.

(comes with Saorview but I have Sky... how sad is that? I have Sky but I have no tv! :pac:)

Yeah, that is sad actually :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I take my medical advice from George Carlin .

But he was only 71 when he died.

Funny man though.

I'm trivially annoyed thinking that we may not break our own record of 4.5 months :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

OldNotWise we need to type more ;)

Indeed.

We do.

Bought some gorgeous Denby plates. My TA is that the colour I bought is not being made any more :(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm trivially annoyed thinking that we may not break our own record of 4.5 months :(

Defeatist attitudes annoy me.

Thanks!

Bought some gorgeous Denby plates. My TA is that the colour I bought is not being made any more :(

Is that not a good thing? They might become collectable, or at least unusual.

• Advertisement

Indeed.
    We do.

You could have stretched that out a bit more....

Jimgoose I never thought of that :D I'm TA cos I can get matching Teapot and oven ware

Mrs S started on a set of Denby a number of years back. Half way through her periodic adding to it they stopped the style of mug. Months later they stopped the colour. Didn't bother me but boy is she annoyed about it to this day.
    I might just show her your post to raise the hairs again. :)

Jimgoose I never thought of that :D I'm TA cos I can get matching Teapot and oven ware

Sorry to annoy you further but I'm afraid they don't seem to appreciate in value despite rarity.

eisenberg1 wrote: »

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Defeatist attitudes annoy me.

Thanks!

Welcome! :)

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »

It's a good point

...you make

I opened the things that make you Happy thread by mistake. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cleaning the oven.
    I started it at midday, had to leave the solution on to soak for four hours, which was tedious as I hate leaving things to soak-I'm too impatient.
    Eventually I carried on...Jesus there's no end to the task.

:eek:

Are you ok?

• Advertisement

What kind of stuff do they talk about?

Is it all crisp winter mornings and babies' laughter? :(

This is probably not a TA because it drives me f.ucking spare but the DFS sofa ads? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!! First, they poached My Favourite Things to sell f.cuking furniture AND now My Favourite Things is stuck in my head :(

And also the Homestore and More ads where the guy talks in this ridiculously monotone fast voice about being the best home store or something. Just F off.

:eek:

Are you ok?

Hyperventilating but recovering.

Oh sweet jebus, are you ok? I have the Samaritans phone number here if you need it:D

Though whenever I call them, they hang up.

And also the Homestore and More ads where the guy talks in this ridiculously monotone fast voice about being the best home store or something. Just F off.

But at least when they are gone, they are gone.

On that topic, does anyone ever pay full price for e suite? are they always on sale? We kinda need a new one, one of the dogs like to burrow in the corner and there is a little hole in the leather of "The Good Suite"

The kids say that if had damaged it they would be in an a home.

What kind of stuff do they talk about?

Is it all crisp winter mornings and babies' laughter? :(

Something about the joy of silence on a beautiful night.

But fear not, it has taken a year to reach 1000 posts. So it's not catching.

Something about the joy of silence on a beautiful night.

But fear not, it has taken a year to reach 1000 posts. So it's not catching.

Ah hah! Happy losers! (sorry) :D

DFS and Harvey Norman Ad drive me round the bend GRRR :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Death has got to be preferable to having a fcuking Nicki Minaj song stuck in my head.

• Advertisement

Also Barry Shouts a Lot from Cilit Bang Ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Being trivially annoyed by something, which I then can't remember when I come to TA thread to post about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Ched Evans
    January
    Diets
    Needing to go for a sh1t but feeling too lethargic to get up off my hoop.

These 4 things are wrecking my "nearly the weekend" buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I've fallen way behind with this thread, I'm trivially annoyed by that. Must catch up.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I've fallen way behind with this thread, I'm trivially annoyed by that. Must catch up.

Dedication, I love it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

LynnGrace wrote: »

Find a nice quiet corner in a coffee shop and read away to your hearts content. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I ate all my frozen spring rolls when I was hungover...now I have none for my stir fry tonight :(

gramar wrote: »
    Find a nice quiet corner in a coffee shop and read away to your hearts content. :pac:

And try not to splutter coffee all over the kip, and grinning like something on a day release.........:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Me mug a tay is gone cold before I'm finished with it, because I've been catching up with TTTAY GRRRR

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

gramar wrote: »

:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement