Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I would have to get up earlier in the day just to find more time to hate him. A smarmy sh1t.

Haha I love that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Haha I love that! :D

My own one would be I can scarcely be sufficiently blasphemous about the little ballix, and would never tire a' batin' him. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That's the jingle bell, that's the jingle bell, that's the jingle bell ro-ock!!

You got the words wrong! Maybe there are two such ditties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Congrats on whatever it is, though TA that you did not tell us:D

Man, he is one annoying little pr1ck, I would have to get up earlier in the day just to find more time to hate him. A smarmy sh1t.

Yup. I know someone who worked in the building trade and parked his van on the road near his house while doing work. He attacked him for "bringing down the tone of the place" and asked "do you know who I am?" - what a g.ob****e. Yer man doing a day's work like. We don't all make our fortunes by existing as a monobrowed feckwit parping on about women in red dresses.

Edit: I am TA'd that I put a full stop between the letters g and o in g.ob instead of in the sh.ite part, so my attempt at avoiding the profanity filter made me look like a gobs.hite!

...a monobrowed feckwit parping on about women in red dresses.

Bravo, Madam - Bravo!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yup. I know someone who worked in the building trade and parked his van on the road near his house while doing work. He attacked him for "bringing down the tone of the place" and asked "do you know who I am?" - what a g.ob****e. Yer man doing a day's work like. We don't all make our fortunes by existing as a monobrowed feckwit parping on about women in red dresses.

Edit: i am TA'd that I put a full stop between the letters g and o in g.ob instead of in the sh.ite part, so my attempt at avoiding the profanity filter made me look like a gobs.hite!

Especially when the woman in the red dress aint the missus!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Crackin' daughter though

Crackin' daughter though

She's cute right enough, but I'm not quite convinced she isn't an android, possibly BMW's answer to the Volkswagen Group's Sharon Ní Bheoláin. :pac:

Crackin' daughter though
    jimgoose wrote: »
    She's cute right enough, but I'm not quite convinced she isn't an android, possibly BMW's answer to the Volkswagen Group's Sharon Ní Bheoláin. :pac:

I agree jim, something a bit "amiss" (says Mr Perfect me), she also annoys me cos she tries to justify gettin her baps out with some sort of artistic merit, I would have more respect for someone like Jordan,,,"I got me baps out for 20 grand, innit" end of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Posting a parcel this morning,

Did you pack the parcel yourself? YES
    Are there any liquids or gels in it? NO
    Are there any blades or sharp objects? NO
    Is there any batteries or electronic goods containing batteries in it? NO

FFS I just want to send some DVD's to the brother in Scotland not get on a fecking plane to the USA!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Especially when the woman in the red dress aint the missus!!!!:eek:

I thought it was the blue jeans one that wasn't the wife!
    Dafuq is wrong with those women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Graces7 wrote: »
    You got the words wrong! Maybe there are two such ditties!

There is only Jingle Bell Rock.

The last verse and chorus are -

Jingle bell time is a swell time
    To go gliding in a one-horse sleigh
    Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet
    Jingle around the clock

Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet
    That's the jingle bell,
    That's the jingle bell,
    That's the jingle bell rock.

The constant playing of Christmas songs in shops may be festive but they are doing my head in at this stage. Maybe by the middle of next week I'll hum along and go with the flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Those christmas carols. Deck the halls was playing this morning. Would like to deck whoever was singing it with boughs of holly.

When my hair stands out on edge leaving me looking like a mad scientist

And Rosanna Davison is nothing special, and I fawn over most attractive looking women. Too fake looking, too up her own ass, and nobody would even know who she was if her dad wasn't CDB. She'd be just another over indulged brat in uggs and Abercrombie

dubscottie wrote: »
    Posting a parcel this morning,

Did you pack the parcel yourself? YES
    Are there any liquids or gels in it? NO
    Are there any blades or sharp objects? NO
    Is there any batteries or electronic goods containing batteries in it? NO

FFS I just want to send some DVD's to the brother in Scotland not get on a fecking plane to the USA!!!

Where was that? I posted
    2 parcels in Killarney yesterday. one to Canada and the other to the US and never a question beyond a simple what is in it for the green label
    Once I included a bottle of vitamin B drops and the parcel cake back with a huge label... CONTAINS QUESTIONABLE ITEMS. REFUSED BY AIRPORT HANDLERS. So they thought bad and yet SENT IT BACK

Dratted cough; apparently this bug is very hard to shift and antibiotics will not help and it will recur....wonderfully dramatic though;)

There is only Jingle Bell Rock.

The last verse and chorus are -

Jingle bell time is a swell time
    To go gliding in a one-horse sleigh
    Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet
    Jingle around the clock

Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet
    That's the jingle bell,
    That's the jingle bell,
    That's the jingle bell rock.

The constant playing of Christmas songs in shops may be festive but they are doing my head in at this stage. Maybe by the middle of next week I'll hum along and go with the flow.

ah-hah! :P

ah-hah! :P

Yep! Don't mind her. You were right. TA when somebody tries to tell you you're wrong when you know you're not, isn't it?

Yep! Don't mind her. You were right. TA when somebody tries to tell you you're wrong when you know you're not, isn't it?

Um...well I wasn't sure if I was right or wrong tbh. I thought I was right when I posted the words for the first time, and then started to doubt myself... I've gone decades thinking words of certain songs were one thing when they are completely different. TA'd that I can't recall any examples now :(

For ages I thought that song was I can see Deirdre now Lorraine is gone but it was I can see clearly now the rain is gone.

People walking up and down the street being outraged about the water charges, with massive flags and a lot of little kids. Whut? Why are they out in the cold. They've no place at the protest. Stop it.

I'm also trivially annoyed about two friends going to a hotel I went to with someone special. I get on well with them but anything I seem to do, they seem to do it too. I wear perfume, she likes it asks what it is and I tell her, next time I see her, she's wearing it because he bought it for her. I bought a handbag in river island, she admired it and went and bought the exact same one.
    Me and her have very different styles. I always like to dress up, she'd wear jeans and Nike airs and a hoodie. I've noticed lately tjough, she's making more of an effort to wear nicer clothes.
    Anyway, we were chatting about going away for weekends. I said about this hotel id stayed in a few times, my favourite place to go. We would usually get the king room because it had a massive bath and last time we went there, they upgraded us to the bridal suite. He's telling her to go online and book it, and after I left, about an hour later he text to tell me he booked the king suite, and that he rang up then to tell them it was her birthday and to see if they could get an upgrade, so if the bridal suite is free then they'll upgrade them.

I'm so annoyed, I'm seething. That was my favourite hotel. It's a small
    Hotel too so obviously only has one bridal suite and one king room with the massive bath. I will never be able to go back now knowing they'll have rode in that bed and it's kind of creeping me out they are going to sleep in the same bed as I did it in. I know I'm thinking too much about it but gawd

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

For ages I thought that song was I can see Deirdre now Lorraine is gone but it was I can see clearly now the rain is gone.

People walking up and down the street being outraged about the water charges, with massive flags and a lot of little kids. Whut? Why are they out in the cold. They've no place at the protest. Stop it.

I'm also trivially annoyed about two friends going to a hotel I went to with someone special. I get on well with them but anything I seem to do, they seem to do it too. I wear perfume, she likes it asks what it is and I tell her, next time I see her, she's wearing it because he bought it for her. I bought a handbag in river island, she admired it and went and bought the exact same one.
    Me and her have very different styles. I always like to dress up, she'd wear jeans and Nike airs and a hoodie. I've noticed lately tjough, she's making more of an effort to wear nicer clothes.
    Anyway, we were chatting about going away for weekends. I said about this hotel id stayed in a few times, my favourite place to go. We would usually get the king room because it had a massive bath and last time we went there, they upgraded us to the bridal suite. He's telling her to go online and book it, and after I left, about an hour later he text to tell me he booked the king suite, and that he rang up then to tell them it was her birthday and to see if they could get an upgrade, so if the bridal suite is free then they'll upgrade them.

Hotel too so obviously only has one bridal suite and one king room with the massive bath. I will never be able to go back now knowing they'll have rode in that bed and it's kind of creeping me out they are going to sleep in the same bed as I did it in. I know I'm thinking too much about it but gawd

Just stop telling them ,when they ask you anything just make it up.:DOtherwise they sound like stalkers

• Advertisement

Rest assured, nearly everyone who stayed there had a ride in the bed, and the bath, and on the couch............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Where was that? I posted
    2 parcels in Killarney yesterday. one to Canada and the other to the US and never a question beyond a simple what is in it for the green label
    Once I included a bottle of vitamin B drops and the parcel cake back with a huge label... CONTAINS QUESTIONABLE ITEMS. REFUSED BY AIRPORT HANDLERS. So they thought bad and yet SENT IT BACK

Rathmines Post Office

Rest assured, nearly everyone who stayed there had a ride in the bed, and the bath, and on the couch............

I know and I'm okay with that!! Because I don't know about it and ignorance is bliss so my life is like a perpetual orgasm.

But then, I do know something like those two are going to be naked and riding and all of a sudden it's somewhere I won't even want to drive past because that's be what I'll think about. I don't understand it. If someone said to me "oh thats a deadly room, me and him always had the best fun in that place". I wouldn't want to be going in there knowing my friends had been in there doing dispicable things to each other.

I even said it to him in a "haha I'm just joking but not really" kind of way

Um...well I wasn't sure if I was right or wrong tbh. I thought I was right when I posted the words for the first time, and then started to doubt myself... I've gone decades thinking words of certain songs were one thing when they are completely different. TA'd that I can't recall any examples now :(

:D just listening to someone on radio singing "Silent Night" and was reminded of the person who wanted to know who the hell "round John Virgin" was in the song.....

:D just listening to someone on radio singing "Silent Night" and was reminded of the person who wanted to know who the hell "round John Virgin" was in the song.....

Duh, everyone knows its Roundhall Virgin :)

Duh, everyone knows its Roundhall Virgin :)

"The angel of the Lord declared Auntie Mary... " :pac:

dubscottie wrote: »
    Rathmines Post Office

Here too. They always ask are there liquids or sharps in the package. It's now regulation apparently, like luggage on a plane. An post will not post liquids abroad any more. It's awkard getting couriers for these parcels - and more expensive.

The girl who never stops talking in work. She came in talking about prime time last night, I said I didn't want to hear about it, that it would make me proper sad and I don't want to hear about people who are so vulnerable being abused. She'd keep talking with the most disturbing details.

Blowers of their own trumpet.
    It is a trait I despise in people.

Oh, and Fair City trying to pass Carol off as some sort of sex kitten................weepin Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

The girl who never stops talking in work. She came in talking about prime time last night, I said I didn't want to hear about it, that it would make me proper sad and I don't want to hear about people who are so vulnerable being abused. She'd keep talking with the most disturbing details.

Get some of these Lexie! http://www.shinyshack.com/product.php?prid=215197

Oh, and Fair City trying to pass Carol off as some sort of sex kitten................weepin Jesus.

Is that the witch with the really long thin hair? Yack.

...Fair City trying to pass Carol off as some sort of sex kitten................weepin Jesus.

Caddil is a dirty-looking minx of a thing, bah. I'd ride her daft from three or four different directions and then throw her through a window!

I have never seen fair city but agree on the first TA. Especially when it's veiled in false humility.

Well, Srameeen is on my ignore list and for very good reason and I see his personal rudeness to me has not changed. he acts like a stalker at times praising all who speak against me and last year I left boards for months because of this behaviour The message you quoted was such a one and actually the words the doll was singing were not what ONW quoted,, believe me I heard it enough times!

I will vanish if this carries on Srameen and I did report it days ago. You and I will never see eye to eye but at least I dont haunt you which is why I added you to my ignore list which was the sensible thing to do in such circumstances ...maybe time I vanished anyways; am too old and too sick just now for this kind of puerile behaviour from someone old enough to know better Much a I enjoy boards thi is beyond acceptable. So many lovely folk here! I have delighted in you! I really have...Blessings and peace and have a lovely Christmas... see Srameen! You have won and you enjoy that? Once more you chase me off! Well done!

Well, Srameeen is on my ignore list and for very good reason and I see his personal rudeness to me has not changed. he acts like a stalker at times praising all who speak against me and last year I left boards for months because of this behaviour The message you quoted was such a one and actually the words the doll was singing were not what ONW quoted,, believe me I heard it enough times!

I will vanish if this carries on Srameen and I did report it days ago. You and I will never see eye to eye but at least I dont haunt you which is why I added you to my ignore list which was the sensible thing to do in such circumstances ...maybe time I vanished anyways; am too old and too sick just now for this kind of puerile behaviour from someone old enough to know better Much a I enjoy boards thi is beyond acceptable. So many lovely folk here! I have delighted in you! I really have...Blessings and peace and have a lovely Christmas... see Srameen! You have won and you enjoy that? Once more you chase me off! Well done!

I think he fancies ye Grace :))

:p ( sorry Srameen, couldnt resist )

• Advertisement

It musta been looove but it's over now

...see Srameen! You have won and you enjoy that? Once more you chase me off! Well done!

He's like, two hundred years old as well, isn't he? Why don't you two crazy kids just cut the shiz-nit and get a room already?? :pac:

Ah don't go :(

He's like, two hundred years old as well, isn't he? Why don't you two crazy kids just cut the shiz-nit and get a room already?? :pac:

I'm sure one of Lexie's friends could recommend a nice one ;)

Caddil is a dirty-looking minx of a thing, bah. I'd ride her daft from three or four different directions and then throw her through a window!

shudder.....If wouln't even lend her one, never mind give her one:D

• Advertisement

Grace are you playing hard to get?? Maybe scrameen likes the challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I had to leave some documents at another person's desk this morning.

The person who works there is usually away from the desk. The documents all relate to other people and the information is sensitive. There was one awful old eejit standing there looking as stupid as a wet dog, trying to find a document he had posted at the desk in error, and messing up the particular piles in which these documents are to be left in.

It really infuriated me, even though this isn't my work. I don't know if it was the rain and the wind on my way to work, or what, but my blood was boiling as I glared and dragged myself away. He remained leafing through sensitive information trying to find a sheet he had stupidly lost in his sluggish, fat stupor.

This weather is getting to us all...

In Lexie's favourite Hotel, gwan yiz good tings:eek:

ONW, ya beat me to it...................again.

That poor bed will need an exorcism before everyone's done in it

Wait 'til I get hold a' Caddil. Where's this here hotel, anyway?? :D

Jake1 wrote: »
    I think he fancies ye Grace :))

:p ( sorry Srameen, couldnt resist )

Don't tell Mrs S. Please!!!

Dont go Grace. We all dont have to get along, all of the time, or even some of the time :)

Stick around , you seem to enjoy it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, this isn't Eastenders so please take your soap opera problems to PM or just bottle them up inside. Don't air your dirty laundry on here.

pissin meself at ' Caddil''

:D:D:D

Jaysus, the staff will need a kango hammer to get the sheets off the bed:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement