Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

TA that TTTAY is moving so fast that when I get time to post some replies this evening I'm going to be referencing and resurecting things from 5 (long) pages ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So annoyed. My OH isn't around today. My friend was supposed to bring me to work today, didn't get me on time so I missed my train and wound up being 10 minutes late to work. He promised me that my little puppy with his sore eye would be brought to the vet because honestly if I was driving last night Id have brought him in, and it killed me leaving him all day without the vet :( I was texting him all day telling him not to forget, and he was giving it large "Id do anything for you hun, you know that." And "don't be worrying hun, I'll take care of him, he'll be fine". Text him at 5, asking him if he was at the vets. "Sorry hun I got held up. Ill bring him tomorrow for you".

**** RIGHT OFF. I would have left work at lunch time had I known he was messing me around, it was killing me all day knowing he was at home in pain and no comfort for him. Him telling me all day not to worry. Now I'm racing home, trying to organise someone to bring him to the vet. It's going to be out of hours too so double the call out charge.

And then when I get upset in work, one of the older bints who never stops talking about her kids said to me "why are you getting so upset? It's a dog not a child". Shut the **** up. He's my child.

He's going to loose his poor little eye I just know he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And try not to splutter coffee all over the kip, and grinning like something on a day release.........:D

Oy! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Selfies

The stupid word, the culture of "selfie".

I hate it, every single fu(king thing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

KKkitty wrote: »
    Got a connection for it but it won't work. His TV has no remote so we can't get it to go to any av station either.

If it's an old tv, try getting to the channel/blue screen you had working the video player, that might work for the X-box, or, (cough cough)it may not..

• Advertisement

Asshole self entitled parents like this one
    http://tinypic.com/r/30mu79j/8
    Who abandon a buggy with child in it, in the middle of a train aisle, at rush hour. Asshole. Asshole. Asshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is it just me or does yer wan Sharon Ní Bheolán sound like she's on helium?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

That or she sounds like she has a throat infection. A big TA for me that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I had bloods done I need vitamin b 12 injections (which i haven't got because .. Injections) I have a low thyroid and have to take eltroxin but eltroxin is expensive and now I have my epilepsy meds to get so they take precedent over thyroid.

I wouldn't have the appetite for a farmers dinner lol I'm a picker, but that could be because I feel so ****. Before Christmas anything I would eat wouldn't even stay there but I don't get sick at all now so it's much better

You should look into the drugs payment scheme card, €144 a month maximum charge on prescriptions, best if you stick to the one chemist. You can download the form and send it off, it's really quick.
    Without the drugs payment scheme I would be paying out €350 a month.

The next time someone says to me "when you have kids..." I'm going to respond with "well, when you get a dog" and when they say "but I don't like dogs", I'm going to say "well I don't like kids".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

That or she sounds like she has a throat infection. A big TA for me that one.

Still though....
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Still though....
    :D

Yes OK! If I was 40 years younger. That's quite annoying now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This is probably not a TA because it drives me f.ucking spare but the DFS sofa ads? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!! First, they poached My Favourite Things to sell f.cuking furniture AND now My Favourite Things is stuck in my head :(
    And also the Homestore and More ads where the guy talks in this ridiculously monotone fast voice about being the best home store or something. Just F off.

Around the time my beloved dog Harvey died; that feckin awful Harvey Norman ad began to be played incessantly on the radio.

"Go Harvey, go Harvey, go Harvey go Harvey, go Harvey, go Harvey, go Harvey Norman"

Harvey wasn't going anywhere. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

People who make the most trivially obvious joke or comment possible really annoy me. Everyone else has thought of it, but passed on it because it was crap.

eg. Playing Monopoly - "Wouldn't it be cool if this was real money?"

F### off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People that use a lot of american slang , eg awesome,cool ,dude,in everday conversation .
    We irish have our own native slang,
    there,s no need to pretend to be an american .
    unless you have an american accent you just sound like a idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah hah! Happy losers! (sorry) :D

I love that thread,, hate the dire negativity here...

All I said was I disagree with your statement that doctors kill more than they cure...it simply is not true. And yes, of course you are to free to get "treatment"from whoever you wish, a witchdoctor if so desired.I will stick with medical profession thanks.

Anyway, up them stairs quick, before I take a slipper to you.

Where did I ever suggest snake oil etc? All I am saying is check what the dr says and suggests. So my suffering means nothing? My loss of my working life and my dire pain now? srameen, please lay off me.. enough..I will never trust a dr period. I have a mind of my own. And I use it. I accept treatment from, no one unless and until I am sure so why have the crack re witchdoctors! Once bitten by drs many times shy. I dont actually really have a GP now as they binned me for making a validated complaint. You would trust someone like that? If I need anything I tell them what to do now.Works fine. I used to say I would trust them with a broken bone but seeing the mess they made of a simple fracture that no longer applies

What kind of stuff do they talk about?

Is it all crisp winter mornings and babies' laughter? :(

Things we enjoy and are thankful for.. try it! I love it . when I wake safe I give thanks, when I have food to eat and a roof over my head and the glory of the mountains and sky. And that I can still walk.... Try it!

People using the word "hun". I have a friend who uses it in every single text. Are you ok hun? I'm on the way hun? Id do anything for you hun.

God it drives me up the wall. My oh says honey a bit but it's not every single time he opens his mouth, and it doesn't annoy me as much as this hun business.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

TA: coworker who won't quit asking me questions they know the answer to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mod: This thread has been derailed enough.

Graces7, you've already had a warning on this thread yet it keeps being derailed. Please don't post on this thread again.
    Everyone else, get back to the thread and drop the bickering please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

TA at myself I tripped over a kerb 3 weeks ago and hurt my ankle after having one too many. It's still sore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The next time someone says to me "when you have kids..." I'm going to respond with "well, when you get a dog" and when they say "but I don't like dogs", I'm going to say "well I don't like kids".

Yeah but then they'll say, "you'll change your mind when you have them" :( It's a cycle... I don't particularly dislike kids, it's just that I dislike humans who are self-absorbed, noisy, un-caring, unsymapthetic, hyper-dependant on other people for everything, self-centred and who think the whole world revolves around them and their stupid little needs...and kids just happen to tick all these boxes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

People using the word "hun". I have a friend who uses it in every single text. Are you ok hun? I'm on the way hun? Id do anything for you hun.

God it drives me up the wall. My oh says honey a bit but it's not every single time he opens his mouth, and it doesn't annoy me as much as this hun business.

A friend of mine has started adding the word "lad" to the end of text messages. "Ah that's great news lad", "I'll see you there in 20 minutes lad". I've known him 18 years and he has never done this before.

I don't want him to text me anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

The water meter installers are in my estate this week and some people are being really unreasonable and constantly seem to be looking for things to call them and complain about. Mothers with prams having to use the footpath on the other side of the road for a day or two if it's blocked, those orange barriers causing some kind of danger, etc. Getting a bit TA.

They seemed to do a bit of damage to my front garden wall though, bit annoyed about that.

A friend of mine has started adding the word "lad" to the end of text messages. "Ah that's great news lad", "I'll see you there in 20 minutes lad". I've known him 18 years and he has never done this before.

I don't want him to text me anymore.

My brother adds the word "boy" only it sounds more like "bai" to the ends of his sentences when he is drunk. "Are ye goin' for a pynt bai?"

I think he should hang.

I probably have the TA of saying son. I say it to my friend that lets me wax him and my oh.

WELL SAAAAN! It's a greeting.

It's annoying me now too, but oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Having to wait for eggs in the canteen because some fat bloke saw fit to take the last six fried eggs for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

TA we don't have a work canteen :(

• Advertisement

Having to wait for eggs in the canteen because some fat bloke saw fit to take the last six fried eggs for himself.

Reminds me: the fact that nobody in the entire food industry seems capable of cooking an egg properly. I always have to ask for mine to be cooked a bit better and I get funny looks. Ffs if the white is still runny I am going nowhere near that thing! What is wrong with people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm TA that I can't multi task, and I'm supposed to being a woman. If I'm expected to do more than one thing at the same time, I feel like I'm going to explode like that bird in Shrek. For example, I really do not know how it is possible to hold a phone to your ear and conduct a conversation while driving. Now I know that it's an incredibly stupid thing to do, but I can't help but be a little envious of the ability. I will talk to you while driving, but I can't bear pumping tunes, much to the kids disgust :). The noise of the windscreen wipers or the heater do my head in. I think I'm too easily distracted. I'll start doing something like putting washing away, and get bored halfway through, and leave it to do something else. Actually I'm boring the arse off myself now typing this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

My brother adds the word "boy" only it sounds more like "bai" to the ends of his sentences when he is drunk. "Are ye goin' for a pynt bai?"

I think he should hang.

Oh you'd love Caaark! :pac:

I probably have the TA of saying son. I say it to my friend that lets me wax him and my oh.

WELL SAAAAN! It's a greeting.

It's annoying me now too, but oh well.

It could be worse. In Carlow town everything has "y'mad yoke, ya!" appended. :pac:

Ignorant aul ones. Playing the sweet old lady card until it suits them to shove you out of the way. They usually want to stand up 10 minutes before the train pulls into the station too. I was sitting next to this imbicle who was taking up some of my seat because she was lying at an angle and so she took up some of my space. Many filthy looks didn't deter her. Then she stood up ages before the train stopped. I stood out to let her out, but she just stood there, then when the doors opened at the station and I was about to move to get off the train she elbowed me out of the way.

Then while waiting for the bus. You have the blue rinse brigade pushing past you to flash their free travel.

And old ladies who talk down to people my age as if they're an insolent child. Now now, we're both adults in this conversation. Age doesn't qualify you to speak to me like I'm a naughty kid.

I was talking to the youngfella working in the local gas station last night, and he told me he had just finished his college exams that day. When Ah wur a lad you got all that Christmas exams business over with before the holidays, whereas now it seems t'young folk have it hanging over them for the duration and have to do the actual exams after. This pissed me off, and I felt trivially annoyed on their behalf.

• Advertisement

People with Computer Problems. And Phone Problems. "Ah JG, you're a computer fella, will you fix my computer/phone/random piece of Asian junk??"

"Why yes, yes I am a Computer Person. I can tell you what the problem is right now without even seeing the thing. It is a piece of shít. Throw it out a window and go do something useful. Trust me, you'll feel marvellous."

<Funny looks>

In the arrogance of my hair-oil days I thought I was at least a cut above the general run of computer users, what with being a kernel hacker, munching C code for breakfast and shítting coredumps, spending entire evenings knee-deep in some obscure corner of system configuration, and what-not while most people said things like "Ug! Stupid laptop not work. Me throw through window and go pub!!".

Nowadays, I find myself firmly in that latter camp (I notice I no longer fully understand my telephone, for example) and fancy myself a cut above the general run of technology users for exactly that reason. :pac:

Ignorant aul ones. Playing the sweet old lady card until it suits them to shove you out of the way. They usually want to stand up 10 minutes before the train pulls into the station too. I was sitting next to this imbicle who was taking up some of my seat because she was lying at an angle and so she took up some of my space. Many filthy looks didn't deter her. Then she stood up ages before the train stopped. I stood out to let her out, but she just stood there, then when the doors opened at the station and I was about to move to get off the train she elbowed me out of the way.

Then while waiting for the bus. You have the blue rinse brigade pushing past you to flash their free travel.

And old ladies who talk down to people my age as if they're an insolent child. Now now, we're both adults in this conversation. Age doesn't qualify you to speak to me like I'm a naughty kid.

I've lost count of the amount of conversations I've overheard (usually in shops where someone is trying to bypass a rule or regulation pertaining to the Sale of Goods Act) that start with, "my 80 year old mother" - guess what? She will not be getting preferential treatment! Why do people think this will get them what they want? If someone said that to me, I'd likely go the opposite way...

jimgoose wrote: »
    Oh you'd love Caaark! :pac:

And Waterford.

I really only felt like a local down here in Wexford when the young wans in the shops started calling me hun.

'Are ya whantin chips wih yor rissole, hun?'

And Waterford.

"Well girl".

Did my nut in. Lived in Waterford for 4 years and their accents were like ear tumours

• Advertisement

And Waterford.

Well, gurrrrrllllll :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

People with Computer Problems. And Phone Problems. "Ah JG, you're a computer fella, will you fix my computer/phone/random piece of Asian junk??"

"Why yes, yes I am a Computer Person. I can tell you what the problem is right now without even seeing the thing. It is a piece of shít. Throw it out a window and go do something useful. Trust me, you'll feel marvellous."

<Funny looks>

In the arrogance of my hair-oil days I thought I was at least a cut above the general run of computer users, what with being a kernel hacker, munching C code for breakfast and shítting coredumps, spending entire evenings knee-deep in some obscure corner of system configuration, and what-not while most people said things like "Ug! Stupid laptop not work. Me throw through window and go pub!!".

Nowadays, I find myself firmly in that latter camp (I notice I no longer fully understand my telephone, for example) and fancy myself a cut above the general run of technology users for exactly that reason. :pac:

I frequently get asked to sort out tech problems for people. I take as much pleasure as possible from how they explain the problem as technically as they can.

"I was downloading a picture on facebook from the central facebook mainframe, the 'q' button fell off my keyboard due to a system malfunction and I'm pretty sure I seen sparks coming from my code base in the operating system. Now my computer wont turn on."

ME: I'll just plug in the power supply then.

"Well girl".

Did my nut in. Lived in Waterford for 4 years and their accents were like ear tumours

:(:(:)

73Cat wrote: »
    :(:(:)

I'm in no position to mock accents cat! Don't mind me

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I frequently get asked to sort out tech problems for people. I take as much pleasure as possible from how they explain the problem as technically as they can.

"I was downloading a picture on facebook from the central facebook mainframe, the 'q' button fell off my keyboard due to a system malfunction and I'm pretty sure I seen sparks coming from my code base in the operating system. Now my computer wont turn on."

ME: I'll just plug in the power supply then.

Mmm. Pesky Facebook Mainframe, war-dialling those sexy phone numbers over UUCP and pretending to be Vladimir Putin, and doing the general bollix. I use this, it's the greatest labour-saving device since the cat-flap:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/bofhserver.pl

And Waterford.

Best Waterford term of reference?

'Bibe' for an absolute bitch of a woman - I still use it years after I stopped working in Waterford

Can rats and mice get in through a cat flap

I'm in no position to mock accents cat! Don't mind me

You're grand, gurrrrrllllll ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mmm. Pesky Facebook Mainframe, war-dialling those sexy phone numbers over UUCP and pretending to be Vladimir Putin, and doing the general bollix. I use this, it's the greatest labour-saving device since the cat-flap:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/bofhserver.pl

This was my favorite page for a while. The nerd in me laughs at silly things like "it's a problem in the 8th layer"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I forgot about this TA from the weekend.

We brought the kids plus one of the dogs to the park. Dog is a greyhound so we get lots of interest but never really from the types who like to their send their kids over to meet, ie, annoy strange dogs. Anyway we were sitting at a table and bench enjoying some hot chocolate en famille when I spot a family, set of parents and boy of around 3 making their way at breakneck speed over to us. There was no room at the table so I wondered why they were heading our way like a heat seeking missile and then it clicked, the dog!

They approach and the mum starts the babble:
    'Just look at the lovely doggy woggy 'Little Johnny''
    'Say hi to the lovely doggy woggy 'Little Johnny''
    'Why don't you tell the lovely doggy woggy your name 'Little Johnny'' - That's pointless I think to myself, because a) the lovely doggy woggy has absolutely no interest in hearing your little snot dribbler's name, and b) even if she had you've already ruined the surprise by mentioning his name at least three times already.

We didn't have a plan to be deliberately rude or anything but as I looked around, my whole family was just staring at them glum faced without any encouraging smiles or small talk! I mean, they did just interrupt a perfectly lovely moment of drinking hot chocolate so that the centre of their universe could come and get his doggie fix, and well we just weren't into it!

At that stage 'Little Johnny' then makes a move to pet the dog and I hopped up, put my body between them and cut him off at the pass. At that stage they got the message and beat a hasty retreat to the sounds of our middle child saying 'Who were those people and why was that boy trying to touch my dog?' That's my girl, 4 years old and already experiencing trivial annoyances!

And really, all of this would have been so much less awkward if they had just politely asked whether 'Little Johnny' could meet the dog rather than assume he could!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement