Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Speaking of accents, I hate put on accents. Sometimes watching the news, for example, seeing people interviewed, and wondering vaguely are they American, knowing well that they are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Trying to watch France24 and the person beside me has been chattering on for 15 minutes about Kim Kardashian looking like a corpse, Kate Middleton's dress sense, Celebrity Big Brother, giving out about why there are so many police officers present in France dealing with what is going on, how she isn't eating another chocolate bar for the rest of January, sniffling, SNIFFLING, SNIFFLING!!! Argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Vel wrote: »
    I forgot about this TA from the weekend.

We brought the kids plus one of the dogs to the park. Dog is a greyhound so we get lots of interest but never really from the types who like to their send their kids over to meet, ie, annoy strange dogs. Anyway we were sitting at a table and bench enjoying some hot chocolate en famille when I spot a family, set of parents and boy of around 3 making their way at breakneck speed over to us. There was no room at the table so I wondered why they were heading our way like a heat seeking missile and then it clicked, the dog!

They approach and the mum starts the babble:
    'Just look at the lovely doggy woggy 'Little Johnny''
    'Say hi to the lovely doggy woggy 'Little Johnny''
    'Why don't you tell the lovely doggy woggy your name 'Little Johnny'' - That's pointless I think to myself, because a) the lovely doggy woggy has absolutely no interest in hearing your little snot dribbler's name, and b) even if she had you've already ruined the surprise by mentioning his name at least three times already.

We didn't have a plan to be deliberately rude or anything but as I looked around, my whole family was just staring at them glum faced without any encouraging smiles or small talk! I mean, they did just interrupt a perfectly lovely moment of drinking hot chocolate so that the centre of their universe could come and get his doggie fix, and well we just weren't into it!

At that stage 'Little Johnny' then makes a move to pet the dog and I hopped up, put my body between them and cut him off at the pass. At that stage they got the message and beat a hasty retreat to the sounds of our middle child saying 'Who were those people and why was that boy trying to touch my dog?' That's my girl, 4 years old and already experiencing trivial annoyances!

And really, all of this would have been so much less awkward if they had just politely asked whether 'Little Johnny' could meet the dog rather than assume he could!

twitch....twitch..... :mad: I've been left holding my child-hating dog mid-air shouting, "can you call your child off?" in the past... B.astards. Oh and for the record, it's a dog, not a bow-wow!

I hate the way RTE news readers and correspondants pause in between words where they shouldn't. It's a subtle thing, but once you notice it, it's damn hard to ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

How a certain minority of a certain religion can reign terror on whoever it sees fit but can't have a word said against them? All religion is only a load of pipe anyway. Be a good person, be kind to each other. You don't need a fictional character to tell you that

How a certain minority of a certain religion can reign terror on whoever it sees fit but can't have a word said against them? All religion is only a load of pipe anyway. Be a good person, be kind to each other. You don't need a fictional character to tell you that

I would love if every publication in the world printed the cartoons, if people made theif social networking profile pictures as same, if same pictures could be printed and put onto people's cars etc. Just f.ucking cover the world with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Amen to that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

We've had a foster dog since before Christmas. We are only able to foster over Christmas and a bit in the summer and it is now time for her to go. The rescue she is with mostly rehome in the UK so she is off on the ferry this evening and she will stay in their care until she finds a home. She is the most gentle, sweet and undemanding older whippet x. I am an emotional wreck and dreading her leaving :(:(

Even though we really can't have a third dog right now I caved last night and begged my OH if we could keep her but he's having none of it and in fairness he is right, but I am still more than trivially annoyed at him for saying no! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Are you saying that Santa Claus doesn't really exist?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Be a good person, be kind to each other. You don't need a fictional character to tell you that

So far we've zero proof you aren't fictional... I can't accept these words now!

No G, but I don't think it was santa coming down your chimney, I think you have a pervy neighbour.

danrua01 wrote: »
    So far we've zero proof you aren't fictional... I can't accept these words now!

You got me. I'm really the man coming down the chimneys of boardsies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Can I be the Innuendo? That is, piss me off an' I'll sneak Innuendo and getcha! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Well If I ever catch you having a tommy tank and messing up my chimney you'll be cleaning it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Thank god I've an electric fireplace in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

gramar wrote: »
    Well If I ever catch you having a tommy tank and messing up my chimney you'll be cleaning it up!

he he, sooty....

My main life ambition is to own a piglet. I had asked my dad for about four years before he died but he was having none of it. Still, I'm persistent so I'm sure I'd have eventually wore him down.

So now I ask my oh, and he is even more stubborn than my dad. Every occasion that he has to buy presents for, I ask for a piglet, yet here I am, piglet free. So, I sometimes send him pictures of two piglets side by side and get him to pick out his one and name it. He always names his wilbert.

Anyway. The last few weeks we haven't been getting on. On Wednesday night I asked him to shuffle on for a while, so he went to stay with his parents. Today, texting he's being all like "Id do anything to make you happy". Anything? "Anything" he confirmed. You know what would really make me happy? A piglet.

The dope sends me a photo of a pig wearing wellies. A photo. No, we are beyond photos now. Only a real one will make me happy now. And even though he's trying to get back in my good books, he tells me it's the best he can do.

So. Now I'm annoyed at him for saying no again but also annoyed at him for him saying he just wants me to be happy but he's the only on standing in the way of me and a piglet

I would love a piglet, on a spit over a BBQ,
    a few baked potatoes, and a gallon of Carlsberg to wash it all down.

That's terrible

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That's terrible

Absolutely, f*cking Carlsberg???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

A piglet isn't just for making up after a fight - it's for breakfast in about 10 months time.

TA - my feckin' face and scalp won't stop itching today cause of the feckin' psoriasis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Piglets are lovely, Lexie, but they grow, ya know. Bet you wouldn't want to make it into chops in a couple of years. What would you name yours anyway? I've kept pigs some years back, the first 2 were called Bacon and Buttie. Have you space to keep them?

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Piglets are lovely, Lexie, but they grow, ya know. Bet you wouldn't want to make it into chops in a couple of years. What would you name yours anyway? I've kept pigs some years back, the first 2 were called Bacon and Buttie. Have you space to keep them?

Im going to name her Vivienne. I've had pet cows, so her size won't be an issue. I will keep her in the house until she gets too big then I will bring Her to live on my farm. Maybe then we can get her a boyfriend, so she won't be lonely.

Lexie, George Clooney and his new missus are having a few rows (already) and one of the reasons is his minature pig, she is not fond of it. Maybe give him a call.....you never know, and it would shake your OH up a bit.

Im going to name her Vivienne. I've had pet cows, so her size won't be an issue. I will keep her in the house until she gets too big then I will bring Her to live on my farm. Maybe then we can get her a boyfriend, so she won't be lonely.

Aw :)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Lexie, George Clooney and his new missus are having a few rows (already) and one of the reasons is his minature pig, she is not fond of it. Maybe give him a call.....you never know, and it would shake your OH up a bit.

That's a disappointment. you wouldn't think it was miniature to look at him :( Then again, it's more important what you do with it, right?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

^ice cream flavoured bacon!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That's a disappointment. you wouldn't think it was miniature to look at him :( Then again, it's more important what you do with it, right?

Well, it just would not be fair on us mere mortals if he was that handsome AND had big one:eek:

While I remember it, Gordon Ramsay had 2 pigs named Trinny and Susannah.

• Advertisement

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    While I remember it, Gordon Ramsay had 2 pigs named Trinny and Susannah.

Yep, and he ate them, both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I've heard of the band aid baby, but band aid piglets?? that's a new one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Double parking on the main street. Gee it's raining: wouldn't do if you got wet!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Paper bags + Irish weather = a pile of mush and your shopping on the floor, had to carry the stuff home in my arms with the p1ssing rain, bloody wind blew my hood down couldn't put it back up again because my hands were full. I'm like a drowned rat :mad:

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ^ice cream flavoured bacon!

A certain Mr. Heston Blumenthal offers Bacon-and-Egg flavour ice-cream at the Fat Duck restaurant in Berkshire. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Double parking on the main street. Gee it's raining: wouldn't do if you got wet!

Section 2, Paragraph 4 of the Rules of the Road state:

"Drivers may choose to abandon their car anywhere on the road to run into the local shop to buy a lotto quickpick as long as hazard lights are left on."

My main life ambition is to own a piglet. I had asked my dad for about four years before he died but he was having none of it. Still, I'm persistent so I'm sure I'd have eventually wore him down.

So now I ask my oh, and he is even more stubborn than my dad. Every occasion that he has to buy presents for, I ask for a piglet, yet here I am, piglet free. So, I sometimes send him pictures of two piglets side by side and get him to pick out his one and name it. He always names his wilbert.

Anyway. The last few weeks we haven't been getting on. On Wednesday night I asked him to shuffle on for a while, so he went to stay with his parents. Today, texting he's being all like "Id do anything to make you happy". Anything? "Anything" he confirmed. You know what would really make me happy? A piglet.

The dope sends me a photo of a pig wearing wellies. A photo. No, we are beyond photos now. Only a real one will make me happy now. And even though he's trying to get back in my good books, he tells me it's the best he can do.

So. Now I'm annoyed at him for saying no again but also annoyed at him for him saying he just wants me to be happy but he's the only on standing in the way of me and a piglet

<Lexie and Future Mr. Lexie, both around 47, driving along in the family MPV. Two Lexettes and a rather large pig are strapped into the back seat...>

Future Mr. Lexie: I really think my mother should be in the back seat with the kids, and that pig in the boot!

Lexie: I thought she was, pet.

:D

Section 2, Paragraph 4 of the Rules of the Road state:

"Drivers may choose to abandon their car anywhere on the road to run into the local shop to buy a lotto quickpick as long as hazard lights are left on."

I am coming in to work the other morning and I spot a guy getting out of his car which was in a disabled only spot. I mentioned this to him, and he replied with "oh, I didn't realise" (He knew well where he was parked) so I say "ah anyone can make a mistake"...and stand there, he looks up and down and says "Sure I will only be a while.."

Wanker!!

One of the ladies I work with is much older than me, and the rest of the staff. She talks down to me ALL THE TIME. She undermines me at every opportunity, and cuts across me when I speak to other girls. She acts like she's the manager here, due to her being older I presume. Anyway, she turns around to me right there and says to me "did you bring your lunch with you?" I've worked here two months and I've never brought my lunch in once. I say no. And she tuts at me. Full on, proper "tsks" me. I ask her if she's okay and she basically told me because we're one girl down (rang in sick) that she's not sure if it's a good idea for me to leave the salon for an hour so perhaps I could grab something and bring it back here? What the actual ****?? For the first time in two months I'll be practicing my serious voice, and giving her a reality check later this evening.

• Advertisement

One of the ladies I work with is much older than me, and the rest of the staff. She talks down to me ALL THE TIME. She undermines me at every opportunity, and cuts across me when I speak to other girls. She acts like she's the manager here, due to her being older I presume. Anyway, she turns around to me right there and says to me "did you bring your lunch with you?" I've worked here two months and I've never brought my lunch in once. I say no. And she tuts at me. Full on, proper "tsks" me. I ask her if she's okay and she basically told me because we're one girl down (rang in sick) that she's not sure if it's a good idea for me to leave the salon for an hour so perhaps I could grab something and bring it back here? What the actual ****?? For the first time in two months I'll be practicing my serious voice, and giving her a reality check later this evening.

FFS!! Does she not realise you have another four seasons of Breaking Bad to watch:D

It rains acid in Ireland, did you not know? Hysterical idiots that's what we are, running around in a panic every time the sky opens, as if the stuff is going to melt our skin. Oh my gawd is it raining? Oh no does anyone have an umbrella? I can't belive it's raining! Looks like it's down for the day!

Irish people - who have lived in Ireland all their lives - surprised - when Irish weather - is Irish ....How very...Irish!

It rains acid in Ireland, did you not know? Hysterical idiots that's what we are, running around in a panic every time the sky opens, as if the stuff is going to melt our skin. Oh my gawd is it raining? Oh no does anyone have an umbrella? I can't belive it's raining! Looks like it's down for the day!

Irish people - who have lived in Ireland all their lives - surprised - when Irish weather - is Irish ....How very...Irish!

I keep mini-umbrellas in three of the four door-pockets in my car. I got the idea from the built-in John Steed-style umbrella pockets in the doors of the Rolls-Royce Phantom. You'd be surprised how well it works when it's raining! :D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    FFS!! Does she not realise you have another four seasons of Breaking Bad to watch:D

Two!! I'm half way through season 3

I've worked here two months and I've never brought my lunch in once. I say no. And she tuts at me. Full on, proper "tsks" me.

I'd like to see her try that when you have your piglet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Likewise people who feel obliged to comment on the weather every day. "Sheets of rain here today" "a gale blowing here" "frost and a clear sky today". Yes we know. There's weather here too. Yes, we saw/heard the forecast too. Yes, that's the weather we get here OK.

• Advertisement

Is it a TA for you if someone tells you what is going to happen in BB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Vel wrote: »
    We've had a foster dog since before Christmas. We are only able to foster over Christmas and a bit in the summer and it is now time for her to go. The rescue she is with mostly rehome in the UK so she is off on the ferry this evening and she will stay in their care until she finds a home. She is the most gentle, sweet and undemanding older whippet x. I am an emotional wreck and dreading her leaving :(:(

Even though we really can't have a third dog right now I caved last night and begged my OH if we could keep her but he's having none of it and in fairness he is right, but I am still more than trivially annoyed at him for saying no! :mad:

It can feel awful to let a foster go, but just remember that you've done your bit for her and allowing her to move on and find her forever home means that you will have the space to help other dogs.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Before or after the bit where Jessie shoots Skyler?

I envy you, I wish I was watching it for the first time, it just keeps getting better. Only program to better it (IMO) was The Sopranos.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is it a TA for you if someone tells you what is going to happen in BB?

No cause I went along and looked up all the spoilers season by season because it was taking too long to watch so now I know what's going to happen but I'm watching anyway

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement