Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    I keep mini-umbrellas in three of the four door-pockets in my car. I got the idea from the built-in John Steed-style umbrella pockets in the doors of the Rolls-Royce Phantom. You'd be surprised how well it works when it's raining! :D

And in the Skoda Superb, "and the slot is angled, to allow rain water to drain out of the door" per the brochure.....I like that attention to detail;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And in the Skoda Superb, "and the slot is angled, to allow rain water to drain out of the door"...

...and onto the lower B-pillar and rocker panel, while the door is closed. The Rolls has ducting and a hose that drains externally, and is also heated. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I am coming in to work the other morning and I spot a guy getting out of his car which was in a disabled only spot. I mentioned this to him, and he replied with "oh, I didn't realise" (He knew well where he was parked) so I say "ah anyone can make a mistake"...and stand there, he looks up and down and says "Sure I will only be a while.."

Wanker!!

That really annoys me. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People on TV quiz shows who haven't a clue about anything. Why bring such embarrassment on yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

People who comment on soft news stories.
    "Why is this in the news when *insert headline story* is happening"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Once upon a time it was only attached to Neighbours and Home and Away, but now every soap, Irish and U.K has it, Mate, aww Mate, C'mon Mate, It seriously Irk's, sorry T.A's me, put it back where it belongs, Southern Hemisphere,

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

The fact that 9 times out of 10 I cannot drink anything without spilling it on myself. Just now, drinking a glass of cold OJ I missed my mouth again and sloshed it down my top :(

Adverts on ITV 3. Every 10 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Adverts on ITV 3. Every 10 minutes!

Show is half an hour long and less than 10 minutes into it an ad break comes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Trying to forget about something then bam! It's right in your face again.

Ugh, I'm going to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Trying to forget about something then bam! It's right in your face again.

Ugh, I'm going to bed.

God, I hate that, would you not just tell him to put it away? No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

God, I hate that, would you not just tell him to put it away? No?

You love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So annoyed today that I can't even type it out I'm so overcome by sheer rage. I'm crying, on the train, from temper. I swear to god I've never been so tempted to blow off work and go get drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I swear to god I've never been so tempted to blow off work and go get drunk

Do it.

Do it!

I can't even drink right now anyway, I've nothing going for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I can't even drink right now anyway, I've nothing going for me

Positive mental attitude, deep breaths. :) And of course you do! I always find ranting to someone helps me. Call someone, give out sh*te, instantly feel better. :)

Positive mental attitude, deep breaths. :) And of course you do! I always find ranting to someone helps me. Call someone, give out sh*te, instantly feel better. :)

I need to break some plates that always makes me feel better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A trip to the bottle bank works wonders too. Pelting bottles in like a mad thing, aim for the steel bar in the middle. It's so satisfying ;)

My TA is those stupid Park TV ads urging you to start planning for a debt free Christmas 2015. Seriously? F*ck right off !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The fact that 9 times out of 10 I cannot drink anything without spilling it on myself. Just now, drinking a glass of cold OJ I missed my mouth again and sloshed it down my top :(

:pac:

Condescending old people who think putting "young man" or "young lady" into a sentence, when trying to get the upper hand in an argument with anybody more than 20 years younger than them, makes their point superior to anything that can now be said to them.
    We have a wealth of experience and examples at our fingertips, so let's use them.

Condescending old people who think putting "young man" or "young lady" into a sentence, when trying to get the upper hand in an argument with anybody more than 20 years younger than them, makes their point superior to anything that can now be said to them.
    We have a wealth of experience and examples at our fingertips, so let's use them.

I hate that, being spoken to like an insolent child. I'm an adult goddddddamnit

Websites that take forever to open. I think it's my tablet or the broadband but all other sites open instantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Being bunged up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I hate that, being spoken to like an insolent child. I'm an adult goddddddamnit

We were on hols in Greece a couple of years ago, and one of my daughters was with us. we went out to dinner, ordered our food, waiter asked Mrs E and I what we would have to drink (a couple of pints) and then he turns to Mrs E and say "And what will we get for the little girl?) she pipes up with " A Bacardi & Coke".........I am sure thought we were terrrible parents, plying the kid with booze...................she was 26!!:D

• Advertisement

I have a really soft voice. Like I sound like I'm about 6 years old. Anyway, we were on holiday in California and went to this hotel. I was 21 I think. Got into bed and the bed/mattress was wet. I called housekeeping and explained the situation. The lady on the phone was like "okay honey, could I speak with your mommy?"

She'd have needed some very special powers to speak to my mother lol

Just put tyre shine on the car and ran out after 3 wheels. Bummer but at least it was Mrs S's car and not mine!

I have a really soft voice. Like I sound like I'm about 6 years old. Anyway, we were on holiday in California and went to this hotel. I was 21 I think. Got into bed and the bed/mattress was wet. I called housekeeping and explained the situation. The lady on the phone was like "okay honey, could I speak with your mommy?"...

ROFLMFAO! "Take it fcukan hawndy NOY!!!" :):):)

My O.H getting a weeks notice in her job yesterday, (she's shattered)

Realising that I'm the odd creep on the bus. I'm sitting across from the stairs on the bus, I get a text that makes me grin, so to my left I see something so I turn to see what it was and it's this pretty girl standing at the bottom step and I'm still grinning as I turned to look at her. So I look and she smiled back, but I seem to have forgotten I was already wearing a ****eating grin, so I smiled even more back at her, looked away so as not to make anymore eye contact and was still smiling a lot looking around the bus, now I'm worried maybe she thinks im a bit odd

• Advertisement

Realising that I'm the odd creep on the bus. I'm sitting across from the stairs on the bus, I get a text that makes me grin, so to my left I see something so I turn to see what it was and it's this pretty girl standing at the bottom step and I'm still grinning as I turned to look at her. So I look and she smiled back, but I seem to have forgotten I was already wearing a ****eating grin, so I smiled even more back at her, looked away so as not to make anymore eye contact and was still smiling a lot looking around the bus, now I'm worried maybe she thinks im a bit odd

You should see me on a bus. I'm not used to it, so I'm like Mork. :)

Look at you with your jag not used to public transport ;)

A ferari parked outside work today. It was lovely!

Look at you with your jag not used to public transport ;)

A ferari parked outside work today. It was lovely!

As they say in Bologna, Gedduptafuggyacunsha!! :)

You could be from Portlaoise either!

selous wrote: »
    My O.H getting a weeks notice in her job yesterday, (she's shattered)

And that's trivial?

You could be from Portlaoise either!

I see a few laaads from Edenderry with Ferrari back-axles under greyhound trailers, if that's any good to you?? :)

I wouldn't be trusting the lads from Edenderry with a donkey never mind anutjing ferari related. They're not cultured like the tullamore boys

I wouldn't be trusting the lads from Edenderry with a donkey never mind anutjing ferari related. They're not cultured like the tullamore boys

Tullamore biys never fail to impress me. Always span-new baling-twine around the britches ovva Sahurdah nih', so they have. Nearly shame a fella.

No nearly about it sham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

When the wine runs out :(

• Advertisement

And that's trivial?

Nope, it's a fricken disgrace, knowing what she done in and for the place she worked. but had a bit of a T.A before Christmas, with annual leave and pay.

I've added a pigmy goat to my 5 year plan list. It looks like a hybrid of a calf and a goat. TA I can't own a zoo like that kid in the life of pi

I know this is going to make me sound selfish but I can't bear to be around anyone with cancer. Last year I was queuing in the bank and a lady in front of me with a bandana discussed her treatment and her plans to be alive for her daughters communion with a lady behind me who she obviously knew, she was so positive but lost her hair and had that distinctive yellow tinge on her skin. I felt sick to my stomach and felt like leaving because I thought I was going to get sick.

I've tqlk r before about not sleeping and sleep paralysis. When that happens to me I always dream an old lady with yellow skin and a hollow face (strong cheek bones) is grabbing me and won't let me go. Although she has all her hair, I think she is what cancer would look like if it was a person. That's pretty much what keeps me awake at night.

Anyway I missed my dad a lot today and its sat night and on sat nights me and him always went to his local. So on way home from work I called into his local and this old guy, I knew him from him making small talk with daddy Lexie, came up to me talking to me, looking pure shook and telling me all about his cancer diagnosis and treatment and him not telling his 14 year old and how he just hopes it kills him soon.

I can't even explain how angry I am, about him being sick, him not caring how he should be taking care of himself (he's still a raging alcoholic) and I feel annoyed for his child who'll never get the chance to support her dad or get to cherish time she has with him.

**** cancer.

Yup, Lexie, F**k cancer:(. I know a woman who despite having cancer, still drinks like a fish , and smokes like a chimney, despite her family's best efforts to persuade her to stop. She has kids the same age as mine, and it more than TA's me what she is putting them through, by not minding herself now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

-Visitors who trample all over your freshly steam-cleaned floors.
    -Constantly dropping things.
    -Running out of shampoo when you're already IN the shower, naked and wet.

fussyonion wrote: »
    -Visitors who trample all over your freshly steam-cleaned floors.
    -Constantly dropping things.
    -Running out of shampoo when you're already IN the shower, naked and wet.

Realising you haven't brought any towels into the bathroom with you, after you get out of the shower :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The coverage Lucinda Creighton gets

73Cat wrote: »
    Yup, Lexie, F**k cancer:(. I know a woman who despite having cancer, still drinks like a fish , and smokes like a chimney, despite her family's best efforts to persuade her to stop. She has kids the same age as mine, and it more than TA's me what she is putting them through, by not minding herself now .

On one hand I say, **** it. I firmly believe once you're diagnosed, **** it. Do EVERYTHING you ever wanted to do. It's a death sentence, it might not kill you now but it will get you. But, when you have people to get better for, who needs you, the least you can do is try prolong it. I'm conflicted. But jesus, **** cancer. I couldn't believe how positive they all were, it's a horrid place but at the same time the nicest place in the hospital, towards the end when my dad went in I didn't want him anywhere but oncology but it's horrible watching so many people trying to fight so hard against a disease they'll never beat

On one hand I say, **** it. I firmly believe once you're diagnosed, **** it. Do EVERYTHING you ever wanted to do. It's a death sentence, it might not kill you now but it will get you. But, when you have people to get better for, who needs you, the least you can do is try prolong it. I'm conflicted. But jesus, **** cancer. I couldn't believe how positive they all were, it's a horrid place but at the same time the nicest place in the hospital, towards the end when my dad went in I didn't want him anywhere but oncology but it's horrible watching so many people trying to fight so hard against a disease they'll never beat

Lexie, there's always hope. I know. My nearest and dearest had cancer over 20 years ago. She did everything she was told to do and today is fit and well. It was a rough 3 years but by God we beat it together. You would never guess, to see her now, how bad she was back then.

On another note: I think we need a separate thread just on the life and times of Lexie. You are both an enigma and a tonic. :)

• Advertisement

I need a blog

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement