Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Though I'm very happy to hear Mrs S is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

73Cat wrote: »
    Realising you haven't brought any towels into the bathroom with you, after you get out of the shower :(

Or you need to have a shower and you've just done a towel wash so you put a towel on the heater and it's still not dry when you gets out of the shower. *wails*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Or you need to have a shower and you've just done a towel wash so you put a towel on the heater and it's still not dry when you gets out of the shower. *wails*

And when you do the "towel on rad" thing the landlord blames you for all the damp in the house/flat/apartment, no not me, I was reading another thread, and landlord was doing that to tenants who were coming to end of lease..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

My poor head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    My poor head

Ditto. Some fcuker thought I was a tranny last night! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Why are rugby club bathrooms always so manky? I need a shower :(. I think I can actually FEEL the germs. At least I got the one toilet that has a seat. A cracked seat, but a seat nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ditto. Some fcuker thought I was a tranny last night! :mad:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Im saying nothing.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Why are rugby club bathrooms always so manky? I need a shower :(. I think I can actually FEEL the germs. At least I got the one toilet that has a seat. A cracked seat, but a seat nonetheless.

Don't go over to the personal hygiene thread, you will vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Don't go over to the personal hygiene thread, you will vomit.

Damn! Now I'm curious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Damn head cold back on me again only days after shaking off the last one that I had for weeks:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Pub jacks floors that seem to pool piss and saturated bog roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Kids in restaurants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Kids who stare. I know they're only kids and all that but fcuk sake, stop looking at me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Planning a holiday.
    I'm normally used to my parents doing all the awkward bits but at the age of 26, it's high time I tried to book a holiday myself.
    Shouldn't be too hard, right?
    Oh,dear lord I was wrong.
    Too many travel sites to choose from, little clarity on insurance and hidden fees, too many pricing variables, sales being on when I haven't yet gotten the money together out of the CU.
    Urgh. It's head-melting stuff!
    Then, as I mentioned in the Cries of Relatives thread, since I can't go all on my own due to several mitigating factors, my aunt (my chaperone and travel buddy) is dragging her feet in regards to renewing her passport and despite conversations to the contuary, appears to have no interest in going on holidays with me.
    I can't go anywhere without her as I am ill-equipped to deal with the admin side of things and it's driving me bananas.
    I want to scream and run to a travel broker- an actual human person who can be helpful and unscramble my head- and get this whole issue dealt with in a comprehensive, coherrant manner. Urghhhh....

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

McChubbin wrote: »
    Planning a holiday.
    I'm normally used to my parents doing all the awkward bits but at the age of 26, it's high time I tried to book a holiday myself.
    Too many travel sites to choose from, little clarity on insurance and hidden fees, too many pricing variables, sales being on when I haven't yet gotten the money together out of the CU.
    Then, as I mentioned in the Cries of Relatives thread, since I can't go all on my own due to several mitigating factors, my aunt (my chaperone and travel buddy) is dragging her feet in regards to renewing her passport and despite conversations to the contuary, appears to have no interest in going on holidays with me.
    I can't go anywhere without her as I am ill-equipped to deal with the admin side of things and it's driving me bananas.
    I want to scream and run to a travel broker- an actual human person who can be helpful and unscramble my head- and get this whole issue dealt with in a comprehensive, coherrant manner. Urghhhh....

I've found its muuuuuch easier to just book flights and hotel/hostel separately, no travel sites involved.
    Anyway, hope it works out and ye get away!

Time differences and waiting for someone to wake up!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

McChubbin wrote: »
    Planning a holiday.

Watching TV and not being able to remember what we know an actor from.
    I hate having to resort to the old interweb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Kids in restaurants!

Kids on a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Had a hen party last night and the stupid lift in the hotel was broken. Muscles are aching from going up and down flights of stairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

Kids on a plane.

Kids walking forwards while looking at something behind them.

Adults walking forwards while looking backwards.

People standing in doorways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not even half nine and I've already had the neandertal barking at me about his wife's ligaments. Guess what? I don't f.ucking care! He only asks how my weekend was so he can tell me about his. Every f.ucking Monday it's something about the wife's leg or the kid's communion or the mobile home in Cairn Beach or the meal they had in Joels or some other predictable tripe. :rolleyes: I'll bate him one of these day!

Likewise people who feel obliged to comment on the weather every day. "Sheets of rain here today" "a gale blowing here" "frost and a clear sky today". Yes we know. There's weather here too. Yes, we saw/heard the forecast too. Yes, that's the weather we get here OK.

Ooooh it's bitter cold this morning isn't it? Mmmm mmmm yes....that's the thing. Oh sure it's the month of all seasons. Yes...to be good later I think. Ah sure we can't complain sure it's been a mild winter. Yes yes.... not too bad now once the rain holds off then it's not t - BANG. BANG!!!!!:pac:

People on TV quiz shows who haven't a clue about anything. Why bring such embarrassment on yourself?

It is my opinion that stupid people, like mad people, do not actually realise how stupid/mad they are. Their own stupidity/insanity prevents them from being so enlightened.
    I hate that, being spoken to like an insolent child. I'm an adult goddddddamnit

Whsht now young girl and listen to your elders :D
    selous wrote: »
    And when you do the "towel on rad" thing the landlord blames you for all the damp in the house/flat/apartment, no not me, I was reading another thread, and landlord was doing that to tenants who were coming to end of lease..

When the towels are washed with fabric conditioner so they are all soft and non-absorbent. Can I have a scratchy towel please?! :rolleyes:

Trying to find the energy to get up and face the week after an entire weekend of college :( The bed was so warm and the thoughts of getting up, taking off warm pyjamas and showering then being cold and wet made me feel sick. Why do we do it? Sick in the head. The week should start on Tuesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

TA I watched Charlie last and stupidly I watched a scene about eating a bird. My TA is I can't get this disgusting scene out of head and it's making feel nauseous everytime I think about it.

It really annoys me when a band at a wedding or wherever are covering well known songs, and yet sing the words wrong:(

Another TA, I have been convinced for years that my hearing is not as good as it was. I'm always having to get people to repeat themselves , and if I'm in a noisy environment , I won't hear what people are saying. My Dad was deaf in one ear for ages before he died, his Dad was stone deaf for as long as I knew him. Yet when I get the hearing check, I have perfect hearing, WTF?? Next time I get my hearing checked I'm going to let on I can't hear a single beep, and get me some big ass hearing aids :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Fashion/beauty bloggers (Irish in this case) who have clearly had enhancement surgery recently and yet deny any queries regarding it. Hardly a good example to young female followers to pretend that you will suddenly look better overnight almost but by doing nothing at all. Just hate all the fakery. Own up and don't be giving others false hope. Rant over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Open up a folder or program on my computer

Attempt to navigate folder/program

'Windows has stopped working'

(PS Not a techie and not rich enough to get a Mac!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Me and Mrs. Bap went over to Edinburgh, travelling back early yesterday morning. I was all set to check-out of the hotel, blaze accross the road from the hotel to the local Doughnut establishment, grab a bunch of doughnuts and coffee, get to the Tram line and on to the airport. Sounds easy.

On check-out, the reception guy was getting way too friendly with me. I'm normally not put off by this, but at 6.45 in the morning I'm just not ready for inuendo rich talk. So just got blunt and left.

Doughnut place accross was calling me and got walking enthusiastically. Mrs. Bap was the same. It was after about 2 seconds when we realised the ground was like a skating rink. So we both walked like baby Bambi accross the street, took alot longer than it should have. Then the auto sliding doors didnt open. There was loads of staff walking around, lights were on, doughnuts visible.....but they werent open for another 10 minutes. Our tram was in 9 and we still had to get to the tram stop in the ice. So then cue us sliding to the tram station while trying to roll cigarettes in the freezing cold with no warm coffee and the 64 doghnuts I had estimated I could eat.

Many a TA in that 15 minute spell.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Putting on or taking off a jacket on an airplane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Use of the word 'interwebs'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Getting stuck behind idiot drivers who don't know how a roundabout works.

WHAT ARE YOU YIELDING TO!? THERE'S NO TRAFFIC! WHY ARE YOU STILL STOPPED?

Of course they then moved off when there was traffic coming towards them - nearly causing a crash and leaving me stuck waiting for traffic to clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Also, when your wife nips a rant about idiot drivers in the bud because she doesn't want to listen to it. Thank fcuk for this thread - I might burst if I had to keep it bottled up.

osarusan wrote: »

Interweb
    ˈɪntəwɛb/
    noun humorous
    the Internet.

NB. Humorous.

• Advertisement

Also, when your wife nips a rant about idiot drivers in the bud because she doesn't want to listen to it. Thank fcuk for this thread - I might burst if I had to keep it bottled up.

I think that is the strength of the thread. Who the heck would put up with all the Victor Meldrew type rants and moans we post here?
    A simple harmless safety valve.

Of course they then moved off when there was traffic coming towards them - nearly causing a crash and leaving me stuck waiting for traffic to clear.

Was thinking the very same Friday when the very same happened. No cars on the roundabout and the car in front is stopped. Cue swearing and head shaking from me. Just as cars enter and have preference this complete dunce starts to inch out into the middle making the oncoming cars brake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

A very TA but an annoyance nonetheless. Received text from phone network reminding me that I was near the end of my monthly data allowance. Looked up my bill and phone usage on their app, I'm nowhere near the end of my data allowance. The billing period ends in a couple of days and unless I was going to constantly download apps or watch videos between now and then, there is no way I will be anywhere near the end of my data allowance. Plus my bill is the same amount it has always been, no extra charges, nothing. It was a complete waste of time for them to text me that I am near the end of my data allowance when I'm nowhere near it! Rant over *sighs* :D

This!!!!! It does my head in !
    That and people who don't indicate whatsoever on a roundabout, so you have to be cautious in case they are passing your exit. Then the dipsh*ts take the one before it, and you could have been gone. Then there is stream of traffic that you have to yield to, all because of some ignoramus who hasn't the manners to indicate .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

osarusan wrote: »

q.v. simples, wimminz etc.

• Advertisement

I record all the programmes during the week to watch on a Sunday afternoon. It's the only day of the week I watch tv. Imagine my disgust when yesterday I went to watch my weeks worth of soaps and NOT ONE THING had recorded.

The oh wasn't here all week either so I can't even blame him for it. **** sky.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    TA I watched Charlie last and stupidly I watched a scene about eating a bird. My TA is I can't get this disgusting scene out of head and it's making feel nauseous everytime I think about it.

Never liked Terry Keane meself ..:)

( just kidding , didnt watch it , and I know you mean a feathered one, ok, Ill stop now) :o;)

Being forced to interact with people on a Monday. Why are some people so happy on a Monday?

Go. Away. You. F.ucking. Alien.

I miss the bus. Since I moved, I no longer have any need for it. Ah those hazy Nolans days when we hadn't a care in the world. I might take a pointless trip later to re-stock on TA's.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I miss the bus. Since I moved, I no longer have any need for it. Ah those hazy Nolans days when we hadn't a care in the world. I might take a pointless trip later to re-stock on TA's.

Why?! On Friday I saw some pig picking his nose then holding the rail. Nobody could miss interaction with such dirty articles

I always knew the buse's were dirty, but I never knew I needed a Bio-Hazard suit, till this thread :D

Jake1 wrote: »
    Never liked Terry Keane meself ..:)

( just kidding , didnt watch it , and I know you mean a feathered one, ok, Ill stop now) :o;)

The actress playing Terry Keane is no beauty, but twenty times better looking than Terry Keane, she was an awful hatchet altogether, I don't know what he saw in her. Then again, Haughey was no hunk either I suppose.

I have to dash now, I am in hair & make up in 30 mins as I have a photo shoot for the cover of PlayGirl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

MsBubbles wrote: »

I saw the same thing with the bird on Hannibal. Disgusting really and pathetic that some deluded guys believe such shi*e.

OldNotWIse wrote: »

With Czechlin rarely making an appearance and you no longer taking the bus this thread will never get to part 28 or whatever number might have been put on it.

I have to dash now, I am in hair & make up in 30 mins as I have a photo shoot for the cover of PlayGirl.

pics please :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement