Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

MICE. There we were sound asleep at 2.30am, cue the sound of urgent meowing in the hall. Off I go to see what's up and there's Toby with a mouse:eek: Now, I have an absolute horror of rodents but despite it all I decided to brave it and get a shovel to put it in the bin and not disturb Mr Pumpkinseeds who was still sound asleep.

So, down I step from the stairs in nothing but a t-shirt and mousey was just playing dead as he sped at me. I shrieked like some hysterical 'wan in a comedy, ran halfway upstairs and spooked the bejesus out of Mr Pumpkinseeds who jumped out of bed shouting 'what's wrong', probably thinking we were being burgled. Anyways, he put the mouse safely out the front door and off it went, poor Toby was all forlorn about his lost mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Yuck Yuck Yuck. Good on ya though Pumpkinseeds I think you were very brave, I refuse to go within a 1 mile radius of rodents. Jake1 it was exceptionally gross. I have an iron stomach but what they did to that finch and how they ate it was vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Jake1 wrote: »
    pics please :D

You will have to buy it, I get paid for each copy sold. I think I will buy a new bike with the money.:D

Eisenberg when's your issue out ? I'll make sure to purchase a copy ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

MICE. There we were sound asleep at 2.30am, cue the sound of urgent meowing in the hall. Off I go to see what's up and there's Toby with a mouse:eek: Now, I have an absolute horror of rodents but despite it all I decided to brave it and get a shovel to put it in the bin and not disturb Mr Pumpkinseeds who was still sound asleep.

So, down I step from the stairs in nothing but a t-shirt and mousey was just playing dead as he sped at me. I shrieked like some hysterical 'wan in a comedy, ran halfway upstairs and spooked the bejesus out of Mr Pumpkinseeds who jumped out of bed shouting 'what's wrong', probably thinking we were being burgled. Anyways, he put the mouse safely out the front door and off it went, poor Toby was all forlorn about his lost mouse.

Disgusting. There was SO MANY of them this year. I'm terrified of mice too. Even dead ones. (My brother used to chase me with dead ones) we caught a couple with traps but the traps didn't kill them so theyd pull the trap around the floor. Ended up getting rentokil in which seemed to sort the problem fairly fast.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Eisenberg when's your issue out ? I'll make sure to purchase a copy ;D

Erm, I don't think you will be able to get it in Ireland. The editor said the Irish public were not quiet ready for me yet...whatever that means.

Only available in Germany and Outer Mongolia.:D

TA I need new glasses. I changed my glasses two years ago and got a ridiculously overpriced pair, you know those big huge black frames that make you look nerdy? Those ones. Now - it's killing me to spend so much money on new frames when my old ones are still good, but when I do wear them I expect 2012 to call looking for its frames back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The shoes that are hopefully going to be my wedding shoes arrived today. I am wearing huge boot socks which are held down by a pair of skinny jeans. TA'd that I realistically have to wait until I get home to try on pretty shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Door bells. Sometimes when you arrive at a house and press the door bell, you sometimes can't really hear if it made a noise or not. There's an awkward moment of - did that ring or should I try it again? God, if it did ring and I try it again I'll sound like I'm impatient. If it didn't ring, then I'm just standing here like a fool! Why can't door bells be alot louder to the the ear of the person outside who rings them?! A total TA, I know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ratmouse wrote: »
    Door bells. Sometimes when you arrive at a house and press the door bell, you sometimes can't really hear if it made a noise or not. There's an awkward moment of - did that ring or should I try it again? God, if it did ring and I try it again I'll sound like I'm impatient. If it didn't ring, then I'm just standing here like a fool! Why can't door bells be alot louder to the the ear of the person outside who rings them?! A total TA, I know!

Pumpkinseeds, MsBubbles and Lexie are not going to be too happy with your username. ;)

Pumpkinseeds, MsBubbles and Lexie are not going to be too happy with your username. ;)

I know Jaxen Curved Shaver! A rodent hybrid of a rat and a mouse, what could be more frightening for those with a rodent fear?!

ratmouse wrote: »
    I know Srameen! A rodent hybrid of a rat and a mouse, what could be more frightening for those with a rodent fear?!

I have an awful image of you in my head right now.

I have an awful image of you in my head right now.

A quick description so! The head of a common house mouse and the torso and elongated tail of a black rat!

Eugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Stupid vertigo. My head feels seriously weird and I'm nauseous as hell. I really need to get stuff in town but I just want to lie down and not move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

When any machine that should accept coins - toll booth, self service till etc- randomly rejects some.
    Very trivially annoying.

RainbowKirby. you must be sooooo excited. Wedding shoes :) I tried mine on straight away and sent my Mum and Sisters photos

Mine cost more than my original dress! If I could get away with just wearing the shoes I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Men of a certain vintage who wait in the car while the wife does the grocery shopping. Just go in with her, ffs, your balls won't fall off if you cross the threshold of a supermarket, like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

When I go to our village supermarket and the mother of a child in one of my kids' class - woman is obnoxious, loud and heeavvvy - parks in the handicapped parking space even though I have called her out about it before.

"Only getting the paper, won't be a sec" she says. I walk back in and she's queueing at the deli.

Awful woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Started the diet today. I think I'm in shock :( My body is wondering where the hell all the gin and quality streets have gone :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

MsBubbles wrote: »
    RainbowKirby. you must be sooooo excited. Wedding shoes :) I tried mine on straight away and sent my Mum and Sisters photos

My dog ate my wedding shoes :( I had bought them months beforehand, in New York, in an Aldo clearance sale, so they couldn't be replaced with the same pair :(:(

Dial Hard noooo ! I would have cried for a month :(:(:(:(

The shoes that are hopefully going to be my wedding shoes arrived today. I am wearing huge boot socks which are held down by a pair of skinny jeans. TA'd that I realistically have to wait until I get home to try on pretty shoes.

I held on to my wedding shoes for 10 years, but I decided last year was time to give them to charity since they were in perfect condition and just sitting in the box. I loved those shoes.

Mine cost more than my original dress! If I could get away with just wearing the shoes I would.

Now they would be some wedding photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Interweb
    ˈɪntəwɛb/
    noun humorous
    the Internet.

NB. Humorous.

Humorous it ain't.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Men of a certain vintage who wait in the car while the wife does the grocery shopping. Just go in with her, ffs, your balls won't fall off if you cross the threshold of a supermarket, like.

I do the dish washing, shopping, hoovering and dusting here. You should see the reaction I get from some men about it! What the....!

osarusan wrote: »
    Humorous it ain't.

Ah come on! Most trivial annoyances are.

The Peanut wrote: »
    When I go to our village supermarket and the mother of a child in one of my kids' class - woman is obnoxious, loud and heeavvvy - parks in the handicapped parking space even though I have called her out about it before.

"Only getting the paper, won't be a sec" she says. I walk back in and she's queueing at the deli.

Awful woman.

Maybe next time just shout 'hey fat ass' at her, if she hasn't the manners to leave the disabled space for disabled people then embarrassing her might work. :D

Maybe next time just shout 'hey fat ass' at her, if she hasn't the manners to leave the disabled space for disabled people then embarrassing her might work. :D

I don't think they are easily embarrassed. The very fact that they leave the house in the state they are in says they don't care about what people think of them :P

• Advertisement

I've a doctors appointment today. 3pm it was. I arrived at 2:45. Just as i arrived she was calling someone in. There was nobody else in the waiting room. at about 5 past 3 this other lady with a baby arrived. About 5 minutes later (10 minutes after my appointment time) doctor comes and calls the lady with the baby in.

Swear to god nothing annoys me more than this ****e, why bother with appointments at all? Just show up anytime at all sure

7" touchscreen causing me to end up on a user profile rather than on the latest post in a thread 60% of the time. People must think I'm either a nosey fecker or stalking them. :(

Fasting blood tests. I've got to get blood tests at the hospital in the morning, but to get to the hospital I've got to take 2 buses, starting at 6.30am. :(

Poor Pumpkinseeds I wish I could drive you but I'm on the other side of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Threads about disasters in the world full of conspiracy theorists and people salivating, firmly believing the world may come to an end... Its disgusting

The fact this town is gone to the dogs with ugly people.

"POA"

The fact this town is gone to the dogs with ugly people.

I think as a nation in general we are quite ugly.

Present company excluded, I agree. I spent a summer doing a j1 and as soon as I got back to dublin i was left wondering what happened everyone while I was gone. Outrageous looking outfits going around

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Well at least we smile a bit, there are some people going around and they look the come from countries where smiling was hanging offence:D

"POA"

What did the Prison Officers Association do to annoy you now?

Was lock up too early today?

Or countries where washing seems to be a hangable offence, you wouldn't believe some of the dirtbirds out there. We see (smell) them in work all the time. Would honestly turn your stomach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

It is so easy to spot an irish man abroad. Sweaty hungover heads and badly dressed with a confused look on their face. Sometime with a bit of food stuck to their upper lip.
    But in fairness, there are some real beautiful Irish women out there, absolute stunners that look great and look irish...if that makes any sense.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Well at least we smile a bit, there are some people going around and they look the come from countries where smiling was hanging offence:D

By "smile" do you mean "let their lower jaw hang loose like a gombeen"? Nothing more annoying than someone walking aorund with their gob hanging open. The absolute height of laziness to not even bother closing one's mouth....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Genuinely nothing worse in the world then waiting an extra 2 minutes to hold open a door for someone just to get a blank stare back in your face.

People without manners are cretins of this world

• Advertisement

Present company excluded, I agree. I spent a summer doing a j1 and as soon as I got back to dublin i was left wondering what happened everyone while I was gone. Outrageous looking outfits going around

Not even the outfits, although I will never forgive the inventor of the anorak, but just the actual puses on them. At least now we are becoming more genetically diverse with people marrying non-Irish and having kids together. Nothing like a bit of a mix up to improve the pool a bit, rather than sticking with the scaldy potato heads :D

The amount of people going out wearing tracksuits in public when they're not partaking in any form of exercise. Tracksuits, hoodies and usually Nike runners. Do these people not own mirrors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Ah lads. There is some fantastic looking Irish makes and females. PLus accents.

It's the English who are not good looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The amount of people going out wearing tracksuits in public when they're not partaking in any form of exercise. Tracksuits, hoodies and usually Nike runners. Do these people not own mirrors?

Reminds me of that story where american tourists come over to Dublin and get the bus into town... and are amazed at how many Irish seem to partake in sports and must be all 'athletes' given so many people dressed in tracksuits / runners...

Ah lads. There is some fantastic looking Irish makes and females. PLus accents.

It's the English who are not good looking.

"Some" is, in my opinion, the operative word in your sentence.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement