Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    By "smile" do you mean "let their lower jaw hang loose like a gombeen"? Nothing more annoying than someone walking aorund with their gob hanging open. The absolute height of laziness to not even bother closing one's mouth....

No, just ordinary smiles;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

People who spend oodles of money on expensive clothes but still dress poorly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    No, just ordinary smiles;)

An orindary smile looks like this :), not ;)

;)

It is so easy to spot an irish man abroad. Sweaty hungover heads and badly dressed with a confused look on their face. Sometime with a bit of food stuck to their upper lip.
    But in fairness, there are some real beautiful Irish women out there, absolute stunners that look great and look irish...if that makes any sense.

I suppose it depends where you go..., can't say I have come across the "confused with food on the face" thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Vowed today I'm going to eat better and lose weight but I can't afford the gym so I don't think I'm going to do very well. What exercises can one do at home?!

TA - when reheating a dinner in the microwave and different foodstuffs on the plate heat at different rates, thus leaving a plate of varying temperatures...
    Is the meat warm enough?
    Will the gravy scold me?
    Will the carrots be cold??!

AARGGHH!

fussyonion wrote: »
    Vowed today I'm going to eat better and lose weight but I can't afford the gym so I don't think I'm going to do very well. What exercises can one do at home?!

Walking outside is much better anyway! Never understood why someone would want to pay to walk up a fake hill full of sweat when they can walk up a fresh, clean one for nothing :o

At home, maybe sit ups or something?

I'm thinking of doing 5 every time I say the F word. I'll be slim in no time ;)

What exercises can one do at home?!

Apparently there are lot of bedroom exercises you can do for a great workout ;)

I cleaned out all my wardrobes at the weekend and really seems to get a sweat going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

whiskeyman wrote: »

Like they say, you can't buy class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

What did the Prison Officers Association do to annoy you now?

Was lock up too early today?

Also Swahili for 'cool' :P To piggyback, I can understand the annoyance, talking to friends and they reply with poa, it's like end of conversation. Nothing to come back with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I never realised this was actuallly common, but the exercise here with the tins of beans is somewhat similar to the exercises my old man used have us do at home, like press-ups, only you're exercising your core muscles -

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jan/11/baked-bean-tin-workout-cheap-ways-get-fit-home

No, I didn't realise I was exercising my core muscles either, I thought he was just being an a-hole making us do exercises with tins of beans! :pac:

rosie16 wrote: »
    Also Swahili for 'cool' :P To piggyback, I can understand the annoyance, talking to friends and they reply with poa, it's like end of conversation. Nothing to come back with.

What does POA mean in that context?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Diet is far more important than exercise for weight loss, so don't worry about not going to the gym. 30 Day Shred is designed to be done at home. Also, one of the simplest tricks ever is to jog on the spot for the duration of the ad breaks while you're watching tv. Not very advisable if you have large, excitable dogs in the room, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

What does POA mean in that context?

It depends, usually ok or cool. The friend who does it a lot, sometimes i'd ask what he's doing or how is he ? And he replies with poa as in 'it's all good'. For me, it's a real conversation killer.

TA - when reheating a dinner in the microwave and different foodstuffs on the plate heat at different rates, thus leaving a plate of varying temperatures...
    Is the meat warm enough?
    Will the gravy scold me?
    Will the carrots be cold??!

AARGGHH!

I could never really get that to work for me.....hot spots and all that. Usually end up splitting the food up. I did get a steamer a while ago, and find that great for heating meats/chicken without drying it out, and almost as fast a microwave.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Diet is far more important than exercise for weight loss, so don't worry about not going to the gym. 30 Day Shred is designed to be done at home. Also, one of the simplest tricks ever is to jog on the spot for the duration of the ad breaks while you're watching tv. Not very advisable if you have large, excitable dogs in the room, though.

I would have thought you really need a combination of both, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I would have thought you really need a combination of both, no?

Not really. Obviously in terms of health & fitness, a combination of both is ideal, but it's perfectly possible to attain and maintain a healthy weight through diet alone.

And by diet, I just mean what you eat, as opposed to being "on" a diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Very true, you can take a whore to culture but you can't make her think. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA that the older I get the more cautious and nervous I am. Back in September I got rear ended and now even though I'm not driving anymore, anytime I'm in a car and it's braking I get super nervous which is ridiculous because I wasn't even hurt when it happened but each time the car brakes I can just imagine the car behind coming straight towards us and not stopping, not seeing were braking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The weather. It is snowing in Donegal right now and by all accounts the western half of the country will get a shedload of snow tonight and tomorrow. But likely very little for us in the east.
    A road trip to a high mountain in the west may be called for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

What the feck do ya want snow for - it more than TA's me :mad:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The weather. It is snowing in Donegal right now and by all accounts the western half of the country will get a shedload of snow tonight and tomorrow. But likely very little for us in the east.
    A road trip to a high mountain in the west may be called for.

I'm the opposite. I will be more than trivially annoyed if we get settling snow on the east coast. Vile stuff that leaves us stranded in the house. Dangerous roads, slipping hazard, cold and damp. No thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

I hate Snow. I'm still traumatised about 2010 :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I would divorce someone who did that to me.
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    Not really. Obviously in terms of health & fitness, a combination of both is ideal, but it's perfectly possible to attain and maintain a healthy weight through diet alone.

And by diet, I just mean what you eat, as opposed to being "on" a diet.

A friend of mine is in the process of becoming a nutritionist and also competes in bikini body sculpture type competitions. Most of her prep is diet, she can get her body to a very low (and healthy) body fat percentage, and then she has her fixed weights training process on top of that. The weight training is more to tone specific areas and increase definition. Ironically, her cardio is long distance walks....running would reduce muscle mass or something like that.

So what I'm getting at, diet has a massive influence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Micky 32

The annoying seat belt gong that always has to give that extra gong after the seat belt is clipped on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

MsBubbles wrote: »
    I hate Snow. I'm still traumatised about 2010 :(

We can never be friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Went to the gym today and did my usual 20 minutes of ab crunching followed by some cycling, rowing and shoulder presses.
    Got home from the place buzzing with endorphins only to end up curled up in the foetal position on my bed as my stomach muscles staged a coup. Still a bit sore. So my TA is: Post-gym spasming muscles. I'm told "no pain, no gain" but yeeeesh...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I live on an old estate, houses built when most people didn't have cars. It's narrow and hilly, and I live just before the road bends at the top of the estate. Now of course everyone has a car, and it's a complete cluster f**k. You are lucky if you don't have to pull in so someone else can get by when driving. With all the parked cars you are driving on the wrong side of the road almost all the way down off the estate. This TA 's me so much . Anyway, it's dark when I'm driving home earlier, and I've a stinking head cold, am cross and distracted. I have to reverse parallel park outside my house. There is a car up my hole all the way up the hill, and I know my brains will go to mush if I have someone waiting on me to park. There isn't an inch of room for them to pass me. I hate having an audience, and I swear since posting on this thread I am determined not to TA anyone by holding them up. So I drive around the block in order to drive back up my road again with no one up my arse, and park in comfort. I love where I live but the narrowness of the road is the one thing that bugs the crap out of me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

In work today (English company) I had to ring a dept in the UK to arrange for a courier to come and pick something up in the morning. Snooty cow on the phone is calling out a reference to me and starts that "A for Alpha B for Bollix" crap, I can spell thank you very much I know what an A is !! This TA's me so much!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Getting "stringy" bits in my vegetables, eg, stringy bits in asparagus or mangetouts! Turns me right off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

'Would of' and 'could of'...

LynnGrace wrote: »
    'Would of' and 'could of'...

Should of..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Snoring husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Should of..

That too :D

Samsgirl I have a snoring husband too Add to that my insomnia :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I also have a snoring husband. He sounds like he's gargling a load of lego blocks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I also have a snoring husband. He sounds like he's gargling a load of lego blocks :(

Best description ever! :D

I was watching TV last night Hubby fell asleep on the sofa he started snoring I had turn the volume up to hear my programme :(
    26drawkcab brilliant :)

73Cat wrote: »
    I live on an old estate, houses built when most people didn't have cars. It's narrow and hilly, and I live just before the road bends at the top of the estate. Now of course everyone has a car, and it's a complete cluster f**k. You are lucky if you don't have to pull in so someone else can get by when driving. With all the parked cars you are driving on the wrong side of the road almost all the way down off the estate. This TA 's me so much . Anyway, it's dark when I'm driving home earlier, and I've a stinking head cold, am cross and distracted. I have to reverse parallel park outside my house. There is a car up my hole all the way up the hill, and I know my brains will go to mush if I have someone waiting on me to park. There isn't an inch of room for them to pass me. I hate having an audience, and I swear since posting on this thread I am determined not to TA anyone by holding them up. So I drive around the block in order to drive back up my road again with no one up my arse, and park in comfort. I love where I live but the narrowness of the road is the one thing that bugs the crap out of me:(

I could feel my blood pressure rising as I read this! I'm so happy it didn't turn out the way I feared - I really thought you were going to tell us that when you drove around and came back, that the idiot who'd been driving up your hole had taken the space. Can you imagine?! :D

In work today (English company) I had to ring a dept in the UK to arrange for a courier to come and pick something up in the morning. Snooty cow on the phone is calling out a reference to me and starts that "A for Alpha B for Bollix" crap, I can spell thank you very much I know what an A is !! This TA's me so much!!

That is so T for tango A for Alpha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Leaky teapots in cafes, grrrr :mad:

We have one last kitten to re-home, and I don't want to let him go! :( When he sees me he runs to me and when I pick him up he snuggles into my neck and purrs. Sometimes when I hold him in my arms he lies on his back and stares up at me with his bright, green eyes and then bats my nose with his little paw with little pink toes. Yaaaar what am I supposed to do? It gets harder every day I spend with him :( How do women ever give their babies up for adoption? I can't even give up a f.ucking cat. :(

OldNotWise Why can't you keep him ? He sounds utterly adorable.

Having naturally unruly curly hair. I always have to blowdry my hair straight and run the ghd over it but couldn't be bothered this morning so I look like a throwback from the 70s

We have one last kitten to re-home, and I don't want to let him go! :( When he sees me he runs to me and when I pick him up he snuggles into my neck and purrs. Sometimes when I hold him in my arms he lies on his back and stares up at me with his bright, green eyes and then bats my nose with his little paw with little pink toes. Yaaaar what am I supposed to do? It gets harder every day I spend with him :( How do women ever give their babies up for adoption? I can't even give up a f.ucking cat. :(

We had a stray dog who had 4 puppies and it was the same thing. They came everywhere with me, even slept in a suitcase from when they were born, next to me. And then my brother gave them all away and I was absolutely devastated

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

That is so T for tango A for Alpha ;)

*giggles :)

LexieonRale I bet you're a masso girlo :)

Flutterby80 I love your username :)

Hunzo!

TA people sending cvs and cover letters for a job they don't even have qualification for, never mind experience. Why? Why would you apply for a job you don't even have qualifications for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

MsBubbles wrote: »
    ...masso girlo...
    Hunzo!...

Mmm. 500GP champions in 1950 and 1957, weren't they. Wait, I'm thinking of Umberto Masetti and Libero Liberati. What the actual buggery are ye talking about?? :pac:

• Advertisement

LexieonRale I think some people are so anxious to get a job they will apply for anything regardless of suitability

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement