Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

MsBubbles wrote: »
    OldNotWise Why can't you keep him ? He sounds utterly adorable.

I'm torn. We have many aleady (who all came in to us the same way really, "ah sure what's one more?"). I didn't want to be selfish and keep him just because I wanted him. I figured it was better for him to go to a home where he was an only pet or one of two or three. I had a home lined up for him that seemd perfect. It was with a colleague of the OH. He had two cats already. He was mad about him and he said we could still visit now and again. So, we held onto him until that home was ready (they were moving etc). Then, it fell through. So now I am really attached to him because I've had him since day one and he is 13 weeks now :( I'm so in love. He's ginger :) Last night he kept us entertained for hours playing with a paper bag. He has that real ginger cat personality. Totally cool and laid back, and super affectionate. And, between ourselves, not exactly the sharpest tool in the box, ah bless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

jimgoose wrote: »
    Mmm. 500GP champions in 1950 and 1957, weren't they. Wait, I'm thinking of Umberto Masetti and Libero Liberati. What the actual buggery are ye talking about?? :pac:

You beat me to it Mr Goose, "massive girlo" meant a big fat woman in my day....:D

Not you Lexie:eek:

This is him on day two :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Eisenberg Masso Girlo means you're gorgeous.

Eisenberg you're only masso

OldNotWise oh my goodness. I'm in love. I have a ginger Tom called Tiger.
    Dunno how to post photos but he's gorgeous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This is him on day two :)

Aw he is so cute:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

LexieonRale I think some people are so anxious to get a job they will apply for anything regardless of suitability

And some just need to show the dole office that they are actively applying for jobs regardless of what that job is.
    :(

Trigger Happy too true :(

OldNotWise oh my goodness. I'm in love. I have a ginger Tom called Tiger.
    Dunno how to post photos but he's gorgeous

Really? I never had a ginger, and there's a part of me thinking he would complete the set, if you like :)

Here is a later one.

Eisenberg Masso Girlo means you're gorgeous.

Eisenberg you're only masso

Ah Jaysus, you are rapah as well, I luv every bone in yer corset:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus, you are rapah as well, I luv every bone in yer corset:D

She's a puuuure daycint beoir bah. :cool:

Eisenberg tanks very much dere love
    OldNotWise such a beautiful kitty

Jimgoose me auld skin yer turbodeadly yerself chaworraimean

Eisenberg tanks very much dere love
    OldNotWise such a beautiful kitty

Jimgoose me auld skin yer turbodeadly yerself chaworraimean

Very "Sarah & Steve";)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Does anyone know what this bae thing means? My best friend texts me every night saying "night bae" I thought for ages she meant babe but apparently it's a thing now.

Eisenberg I does be living in Tallaght wit de chung wans and chungfellas

Lexie I thought bae was short for baby meaning your significant other. Bae is TA for me, it's bleedin stupeh

MsBubbles do you ever get chung fellits trun mud at yer windrits out in talla

Eisenberg I does be living in Tallaght wit de chung wans and chungfellas

Lexie I thought bae was short for baby meaning your significant other. Bae is TA for me, it's bleedin stupeh
    MsBubbles do you ever get chung fellits trun mud at yer windrits out in talla

I feel like a teacher now (Anyone know where i could get one ?)

MsBubbles, it is not "Does be", it is "do be"

Lexie, the word is "windits", not "windrits"

Now Class, a four page essay on "A day at seaside", carry on.

Eisenberg ah heor leave it ouh

Lexie no tank god me windits are grand. I tink dere all afread of me cos I do be like a mad yoke if dey come near me house

Does anyone know what this bae thing means? My best friend texts me every night saying "night bae" I thought for ages she meant babe but apparently it's a thing now.

According to UrbanDictionary it's Danish for faeces. No, I don't get it either. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I could feel my blood pressure rising as I read this! I'm so happy it didn't turn out the way I feared - I really thought you were going to tell us that when you drove around and came back, that the idiot who'd been driving up your hole had taken the space. Can you imagine?! :D

Haha no! But it's highly possible. I'll be found driving around in circles, cnuts head on me !

So many TA 's today .
    Daughters with fake tan and nail varnish on their new bed sheets.
    Being very short and struggling to hang king size duvet covers on the line. My arms nearly came out of their sockets.
    People who always have to have a cause to be up in arms about. First water rates, now Charlie whatsit in France. I'm not heartless, I do feel very sorry about it all. But I fail to see how getting all militant on Facebook , and changing your cover photo to "Je suis Charlie", is going to solve anything. I've been shook and upset by events closer to home, but I didn't take to Facebook about them. Seriously people, pour yourself a drink, or put on the kettle, and chill the f**k out! You are going to give yourself ulcers!!!

• Advertisement

73Cat buy dark brown sheets problem solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This obsession with the weather. It's January. We get gales and snow. Just because there's a yellow warning from met eireann there's hysteria.
    People are posting half hourly updates from where they are. "Ominous vale of grey flowing across the distant mountains" - very poetic but I can see the weather here. I can watch/read/listen to the forecast like everybody else. " Putting a large pot of soup on now and have two weeks supplies of tinned and frozen foods". What! It's 24 hours of usual winter weather. We're not getting snowed in for a month. What's with this madness?????

This obsession with the weather. It's January. We get gales and snow. Just because there's a yellow warning from met eireann there's hysteria.
    People are posting half hourly updates from where they are. "Ominous vale of grey flowing across the distant mountains" - very poetic but I can see the weather here. I can watch/read/listen to the forecast like everybody else. " Putting a large pot of soup on now and have two weeks supplies of tinned and frozen foods". What! It's 24 hours of usual winter weather. We're not getting snowed in for a month. What's with this madness?????

...twitch...

OldNotWise just think pretty ginger kitten :D

I remember the half-decent freeze-up of 2009. After about a week people got bored of huddling under the kitchen table doing Scott of the Jaysis Arctic, ventured gingerly outside and found that although it was cold and a bit slippy, they didn't die once. Not once, I tell you! :pac:

OldNotWise just think pretty ginger kitten :D

But then I am reminded of my dilemma :( Do I keep him or let him go? :(

I remember the half-decent freeze-up of 2009. After about a week people got bored of huddling under the kitchen table doing Scott of the Jaysis Artic, ventured gingerly outside and found that although it was cold and a bit slippy, they didn't die once. Not once, I tell you! :pac:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A guy in Athlone just posted a picture of a car park with a skiff of snow that looks like a decent frost with the note the they had "true blizzard here just now!". Give me strength! I'm going for a walk to clear my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

A guy in Athlone just posted a picture of a car park with a skiff of snow that looks like a decent frost with the note the they had "true blizzard here just now!". Give me strength! I'm going for a walk to clear my head.

Don't forget to strap on the tennis rackets.

• Advertisement

The snow in 2010! :( it started snowing in November and of course I still wore shoes I couldn't walk in. That night the roads were so bad the taxis wouldnt drive them and I ended up walking home, in snow, inappropriately dressed, carrying stilettos and wearing flipflops.

It's been flurrying here for a half-hour or so. I have an old front-panel from a POWER 750 Express server that I can fashion into a crude sled, I just need to find a few dags to pull it so I can head home for lunch. Mush!! :pac:

Srameen *rolls eyes* blizzard my foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Hasn't started snowing yet in Dublin, but I'm already wondering which of our co-workers we should eat first in the event of getting snowed in.

Personally, I've always liked Chinese.

Sorry Xu Wang.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

Back in September a bird broke into my house via the chimney while I was away on holidays and proceeded to **** and spread feathers ALL OVER my gaff. No body was ever recovered so presumably he flew back up from whence he came, several pounds lighter.
    For weeks I was finding rock hard brown streaks everywhere but thought I had finally ridded myself of ****e. Til this morning that is when I noticed a particularily crusty ****e on the bottom of one of my kitchen cupboards, slightly ashamed that I only noticed it now :(

I remember the half-decent freeze-up of 2009. After about a week people got bored of huddling under the kitchen table doing Scott of the Jaysis Arctic, ventured gingerly outside and found that although it was cold and a bit slippy, they didn't die once. Not once, I tell you! :pac:

Advice from the met office:

"In adverse weather, only travel if you must, and tell people when to expect you, wear thermals and a parka, wear proper footwear, and bring a blanket/sleeping bag bring extra socks, . a large thermos of soup, extra water, and enough food to see you through two days, a torch with extra batteries, a small shovel, and make sure your phone is fully charged"

I looked like a right tool getting on the LUAS this morning.

(stolen from the joke thread)

• Advertisement

Pears don't taste the same as they used too. They're either too hard (which is usually the problem) or, if they are soft, they have that ganky powdery texture. Why can't I just have a normal pear?? :(

Advice from the met office:

"In adverse weather, only travel if you must, and tell people when to expect you, wear thermals and a parka, wear proper footwear, and bring a blanket/sleeping bag bring extra socks, . a large thermos of soup, extra water, and enough food to see you through two days, a torch with extra batteries, a small shovel, and make sure your phone is fully charged"

I looked like a right tool getting on the LUAS this morning.

(stolen from the joke thread)
    Pah! Ye sap :D

Pears don't taste the same as they used too. They're either too hard (which is usually the problem) or, if they are soft, they have that ganky powdery texture. Why can't I just have a normal pear?? :(

Biting my tongue here:D

Biting my tongue here:D

I don't get it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Python (the language) treats division as integer division unless told otherwise. "Why yes last 2 hours of my life, you have been wasted. Will I remember this in future? Most likely not so we'll probably meet again in a years time".

• Advertisement

fizzypish wrote: »
    Python (the language) treats division as integer division unless told otherwise. "Why yes last 2 hours of my life, you have been wasted. Will I remember this in future? Most likely not so we'll probably meet again in a years time".

And I thought I had problems :pac:

Stupid diets that say bread is bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Bus Eireann. Thank you so much for cancelling my bus for fcuk knows what reason. I really enjoyed waiting 40 fricking minutes in the sleet and freezing wind and the cherry on the cake was having to pay for a taxi to the hospital so I could get to my appointment on time. W@nkers.:mad:

Claudia Schiffer on the Opel ads.....

The head on her, smug as bejaysus because she has "hill descent control" in her car. I am sure it is handy in the Himalayas, but she is coming out of a car park!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Yes, it's snowing outside. How long do people need to spend at the window gawping out at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

If it's been posted once, it's been posted a thousand times, but jesus h christ, whatever about personal hygiene, that's personal. PUBLIC hygiene on the other hand, when one would assume a grown adult would be able to direct a steady stream into a bowl with an opening a foot wide, only inches away from the target...

And some people can still manage to miss it! :confused:

fizzypish wrote: »

Umm, that would be perfectly normal when dealing with a dumb machine. Mind you as an ageing C programmer I'm perfectly happy doing my own garbage collection. :D

Claudia Schiffer on the Opel ads.....

The head on her, smug as bejaysus because she has "hill descent control" in her car. I am sure it is handy in the Himalayas, but she is coming out of a car park!!!

I initially read that as "half decent control". :pac:

Jimgoose now it's my turn. I thought a python was a huge snake

Jimgoose now it's my turn. I thought a python was a huge snake

'Tis. 'Tis also a programming language, as 'twere, for the instruction and direction of the amazing new electrical computation device as presented by Mr. Babbage at Parliament recently. It's principal concoctor, Guido Van Rossum, named it for the merry pranksters of the Flying Circus. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement