Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Jimgoose Lol ! The only languages I know are English, German and Spanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The snow in 2010! :( it started snowing in November and of course I still wore shoes I couldn't walk in. That night the roads were so bad the taxis wouldnt drive them and I ended up walking home, in snow, inappropriately dressed, carrying stilettos and wearing flipflops.

That's not a problem with bad weather, Lexie, just bad clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

But I looked nice. Every cloud and all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who don't get their shoes reheeled. You sound like you're wearing tap shoes, ffs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    Umm, that would be perfectly normal when dealing with a dumb machine. Mind you as an ageing C programmer I'm perfectly happy doing my own garbage collection. :D

printf("Garbage Collected"\n);
    Does anyone know what this bae thing means? My best friend texts me every night saying "night bae" I thought for ages she meant babe but apparently it's a thing now.

bae is what Jay-Z calls his wife Beyonce. People have started to use that term to describe wife material or a significant other.
    Your best friend is calling you his/her girlfriend/wife.

A spammer from India who just called about a problem with Microsoft and had the audacity to complain and swear when he realised I had been stringing him along for 15 minutes. Tough luck sunshine! Lowlife gangsters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

A spammer from India who just called about a problem with Microsoft and had the audacity to complain and swear when he realised I had been stringing him along for 15 minutes. Tough luck sunshine! Lowlife gangsters!

I love those lads. They don't ring me often enough! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Send one page job to printer. Go to collect it. See that there's a paper jam. Remove paper jam. Printer recommences printing an entire sales manual.

Keep an eye on your print jobs, assholes :mad:

Nice Srameen. They kept calling out of use extensions in work and I got so fed up I hung up without saying a word.

• Advertisement

Finding out a less well known musician is an absolute ride.
    That guitar player in Coldplay? Where has he been all my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Well done! What was your technique? We've been getting them at work and I can't wait until they call my direct line, I'm going to have a field day.

LexieonRale he'd also be good with his hands ;)

MsBubbles wrote: »
    LexieonRale he'd also be good with his hands ;)

I know I'm not usually into guitar players/soft and sensitive types but he's onnnralllle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

If it's been posted once, it's been posted a thousand times, but jesus h christ, whatever about personal hygiene, that's personal. PUBLIC hygiene on the other hand, when one would assume a grown adult would be able to direct a steady stream into a bowl with an opening a foot wide, only inches away from the target...

And some people can still manage to miss it! :confused:

Don't beat yourself up about it. You might have just been having an off day. I'm sure you'll hit your target tomorrow :)

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Don't beat yourself up about it. You might have just been having an off day. I'm sure you'll hit your target tomorrow :)

Seen on a Japanese office restroom wall: We aim to please. You aim too, please! :D

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Well done! What was your technique? We've been getting them at work and I can't wait until they call my direct line, I'm going to have a field day.

First he said he was calling about windows so I asked for a quote to replace 2 aluminium ones. He then said no it was Microsoft and to turn on the computer. I pretended to and apologised that it takes a long time to boot up. I then couldn't find any of the buttons he wanted pressed.
    I then "logged out" by mistake and had to start again. Eventually I asked if he really wanted to waste any more of his or my time on this scam. He insisted it was no scam so I said OK I can play along for longer. Then he lost the rag. Priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Seriously people, it's time to take those retarded red noses off your cars now !!!!

73Cat wrote: »
    Seriously people, it's time to take those retarded red noses off your cars now !!!!

What! They'll be there till Easter! (or replaced with bunny ears and buck teeth - gawd help us)

Aglomerado oh sweet baby jebus !

Aglomerado oh sweet baby jebus !

Yeah I hope no manufacturers of festive tat are reading this thread... it'll give them ideas!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Aglomerado somewhere in China a factory is rubbing his hands with glee.

Aglomerado somewhere in China a factory is rubbing his hands with glee.

feck...

Lol !

When you're filling a bottle full of water from the tap but are too slow to take the bottle away when it's full so it ends up shooting out and spraying all over my face. Hate. Hate. Hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People not closing their gates after driving out in their cars.Ive had a swinging gate up the road from me all afternoon.

Parents going away soon and there will be a couple of days crossover before the OH returns so I'll be all on my own :) No college at the weekend and I'm quite looking forward to stocking up on wine, movies, coal etc and having some down time. :)

Mam calls me:

"Er, your father and I are just doing up a list of things here to get before we go. Is there anything you want?"

"No Mam, I wont be handing up my keep so I'll buy whatever I need myself"

"Oh right, well we're going anyway so let me know"

"Ok. Out of interest, what's on the list?"

"Well we've to get a new battery for the smoke alarm...and a new carbon monoxide alarm"

"Er...we don't have any gas appliances?"

"well you can't be too careful you know. Now, we're going to get in 15 bales of briquettes and 5 bags of coal in case the heating runs out. And your father wants to get a bolt for you to put on the inside of your bedroom door in case anyone breaks in when you're here by yourself. We're going to get a fire extinguisher too and a small ladder to leave by the window in case of fire"

"I'm 5ft9 and we live in a bungalow"

"You can't be too careful love. Now, we've someone coming in to check the electrics on the alarm and the sensor lights outside are back working again. Your father had the brakes on the car tested too and we've stocked up on candles in case the electricity goes. The neighbours are on speed dial in case of emergency too"

...... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

"I'm 5ft9 and we live in a bungalow"

Lol

I wonder how far you could push them?

A chef to prepare your meals, taxi to/from work, cleaner...

Running into a (kind of) ex on the luas, when you're pale faced, looking rough and the last time you were face to face with him, you were a nasty cow. Awk. Ward. I havent seen him in about 7 years, my face is still burning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

People listing out a lot of answers for pointless :P

26D - that parents getting preferential treatment bull**** grates on my last nerve too. If you have a job, concentrate on the job. If you want to be at home, stay at home. Obviously if a child gets sick or something like that, it can't be helped but this bull**** of being late for work because you wanted to make sure your 12 year old got on the schoolbus, wanting all weekends/bank holidays off just because you've kids and the other women don't, bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

26D - that parents getting preferential treatment bull**** grates on my last nerve too. If you have a job, concentrate on the job. If you want to be at home, stay at home. Obviously if a child gets sick or something like that, it can't be helped but this bull**** of being late for work because you wanted to make sure your 12 year old got on the schoolbus, wanting all weekends/bank holidays off just because you've kids and the other women don't, bull****.

Actually that reminds me I left out part of my rant. These parents getting the preferential treatment are the same ones who come in late all the time. It's fooking ridiculous.

One of them said "time to start popping out the babies so". Oh yes, proper entitlement to my annual leave is a great reason to bring a child into the world.

Posters who deliberately drag threads off topic.

Not this one BTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Actually that reminds me I left out part of my rant. These parents getting the preferential treatment are the same ones who come in late all the time. It's fooking ridiculous.

One of them said "time to start popping out the babies so". Oh yes, proper entitlement to my annual leave is a great reason to bring a child into the world.

"I can't come, little Johnny is sick,"
    "So, you are taking a days holidays?"
    "Well, I didn't plan to..."

wtf?

I could never get how doctors appointments for their kids, or themselves, were always during working hours while I always was able to go to the doctor, dentist etc on my own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My poor boyfriend! It seems I can't kiss him standing up without stepping on his toes. Almost every time! His feet are massive so I should be able to avoid them. One of his toenails is all black and bruised because I keep stepping on it. Why oh why am I so clumsy and how oh how does he put up with me?! I better get him some steel toe capped boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Just watching a doc on Irish golfers on Setanta, and there were multiple shots of our players posing with the Ivory Coast flag.

So that's my trivial annoyance...our flag being held up backwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

logging in and realising there was 16 pages to read since I last was here ONLY 2 days ago.

And put petrol in my diesel car and drove 65km in it on Sunday evening. Boohoo.
    towed away, cleaned out, brought back to me on Monday morning 11am E120, phew happy, But sooooo frickin T.A'd about putting wrong fuel in, first time in 28yr driving, (started at 17)

****ing assholes, and that's the only word to describe them, ASSHOLES who think it's funny to post photos of rats climbing out of a toilet on my facebook page. Thanks, jerk. That's a lovely image to fall asleep to. Assholes who think people's fears are something to be laughed at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Nasty Sh1ts. Lexi, but i'm a firm believer in Karma. Sleep well.

• Advertisement

Aul ones going to Take That reunion concerts trying to relive their teenage years and pretend they are still young.

Aul ones going to Take That reunion concerts trying to relive their teenage years and pretend they are still young.

Aye. A place where one is quite likely to get a flake of a well-upholstered bingo wing. :pac:

Lol

I wonder how far you could push them?

A chef to prepare your meals, taxi to/from work, cleaner...

Well, Dad's already started batch cooking and freezing dinners - "it'll be too late for you to start cooking when you come in love". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

They can't be that auld when they remember Take That from their teenage years! That would mean I'm an auld lad!

The cold weather, and just January weather in general. I know it's nauseatingly annoying to talk about the weather but this is just taking the proverbial. Spent all last night dealing with weather related problems. Got stuck on the hill going home and had to get pushed. Then over to the neighbours to make sure their dog was ok. Extra blankets, extra duvet, a pillow, extra food. Even her water bucket was iced over :(* Then had to make sure the cats all had hot water bottles in their beds. 6 hot water bottles lined up on the counter waiting to be filled :pac: Extra duvets for them too. Heat lamp for mom and the remaining two kittens. Make sure the two elderly cats were in at the fire. Make sure "half cat", our adopted feral was coaxed inside. There was also a poor dog running loose on the road on the way up. How could anyone leave an animal out in that? He was running in front of us and I was screeching at my dad, "slow down you're going to hit him" and my Dad shuting back, "I can't slow down we'll skid!" :( He ran off up the mountain. I went after him but by the time I got boots, hat, torch etc he was gone :( I left a bed in the shed and a bowl of food out. Hope he had the sense to come back. We're pretty much the last house. If he kept going.... I don't know if he would have survived :(

So, two TA's really:

1. Bástards who dump their poor, defenceless animals in the mountain because they think they might have some sort of happy life up there chasing rabbits and rolling in meadows
    2. Cold f.ucking weather

*still debating if I should report them :(

This country and its inability to deal with anything. Too windy? Disaster. Torrential rain? Disaster. Too hot? People complaining they have third degree burns. Bit of snow? Whole place descends into chaos. I'm standing here since 7:30 and not one train has bothered to show up. Not one.

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »
    They can't be that auld when they remember Take That from their teenage years! That would mean I'm an auld lad!

Yeah sorry :( I meant more ones acting the maggot and pretending they are schoolgirls again. That song "Never Forget" - great song and all but they just go a bit schizoid when that's on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Daith

Yeah sorry :( I meant more ones acting the maggot and pretending they are schoolgirls again. That song "Never Forget" - great song and all but they just go a bit schizoid when that's on!

People who backtrack on what they meant. You said old :P

Daith wrote: »
    People who backtrack on what they meant. You said old :P

I said "aul" - and just realised that Take That were cool when I was a teen too...that can only mean one thing!

My TA is when I bought a bottle of wine on the till a message came up about 1997 ie are you over 18 ?
    I was 21 in 1997 I felt ancient

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I said "aul" - and just realised that Take That were cool when I was a teen too...that can only mean one thing!

Time to buy a Nolan's bag?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement