Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Time to buy a Nolan's bag?

I have my flight socks and tartan trolley on order! Pulled out another white f.ucker today! If that's happening on the outside, God only knows what's happening on the inside. TIme to put the eggs on ice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Walking in somewhere and my glasses fog up, so I can't see who I'm looking for. If I take them off I definitely won't see who I'm looking for :(.
    Constantly misplacing my glasses at home , and not being able to find them because I'm half blind without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

TA I don't know what a Nolan's bag is

MsBubbles wrote: »

Most of my TA's relate to bus users, or at least they used to before I stared using the luas, and the stereotypical annoying woman on it always seemed to be carting around a Nolans of Clontarf bag (or was it Nolans School of Music?) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

:D after not knowing who Elvis was, I wasn't going to admit to this too incase it was a well known fact too!! Ms B, taking one for the team!

73Cat wrote: »
    Walking in somewhere and my glasses fog up, so I can't see who I'm looking for. If I take them off I definitely won't see who I'm looking for :(.
    Constantly misplacing my glasses at home , and not being able to find them because I'm half blind without them.

Maddening :( A similar one - in 17 years of contact lens use, I have yet to remember to locate my glasses before I take my lense out :(

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I have my flight socks and tartan trolley on order! Pulled out another white f.ucker today! If that's happening on the outside, God only knows what's happening on the inside. TIme to put the eggs on ice!

If it's any consolation to others, while I knew what a Nolan's bag was, I'm not sure what the remainder of ONW's post means! :o

My trivial annoyance for the coming week: I've an interview/exam on Wednesday next week in Dublin. It starts at 8 a.m. I live in Limerick. I am trying to decide will I stay with a friend and get the red line Luas in (shudder), stay with my mother (bigger shudder!), or an as yet unknown third option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

My TA is when I bought a bottle of wine on the till a message came up about 1997 ie are you over 18 ?
    I was 21 in 1997 I felt ancient

I don't like when I buy a bottle of wine in Tesco's when the message comes up "Does the customer look over 25?"

The cashier barely has to glance at my haggard face before they swipe it through.

I'd like the merest bit of consideration that yeah, maybe I could just about pass for 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ah now, don't get carried away. I've a friend who started graying at 22, another at about 25. I don't think it's any reflection on any other part of your body, sure there are professional athletes who are silver foxes.

I'm fast approaching 30 with nary a gray hair in sight, nor any sign of the spectre of MPB. Just putting that out there, you know, to highlight that I'm pretty great. :D

Wise Old Elf the red luas line is fine early in the morning cos the Loolahs and junkies are still in bed

OldNotWise Nolan's very posh. It was Superquinn bags out in the Blanch.

• Advertisement

When the train finally showed up, two hours later, I end up in a 4 seater booth, next to what seems to be a hypochondriac who's spread himself over the entire table and most of my seat, listening intently to an old man who's talking about kidney function, medication and gout.

"I have a respiratorty consultant Whos in a world famous hospital in Cambridge"
    Where did he train?
    "Galway."
    Oh Galway? He must have worked with XXX, he's from tuam.

Ah jaysus
    http://tinypic.com/r/2nbvj4o/8
    Ffs

Now he's talking about his fake eye and being able to take his eye out to clean it. Your man here next to me is in his element.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf the red luas line is fine early in the morning cos the Loolahs and junkies are still in bed

Is it not like the Calcutta express though (jam packed)?

Wise Old Elf It depends where you're getting on the luas, if it's before Heuston Station it's not too bad. Also before 8am it's not too busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Is it not like the Calcutta express though (jam packed)?

I spent a good 30 seconds trying to figure out if there was a pun in here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I don't like when I buy a bottle of wine in Tesco's when the message comes up "Does the customer look over 25?"

The cashier barely has to glance at my haggard face before they swipe it through.

I'd like the merest bit of consideration that yeah, maybe I could just about pass for 25.

Yes. In Dunnes, they have to approve the sale at the self service till by confirming 'date of birth not needed'.
    I don't know what the other option on the screen is, cos they press that one so fast without giving me a second look. Sob. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Trivially annoyed that I got up at 7 and was on my way to work when I got a text to say school was closed!

I could have stayed in bed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

"Is it harder to drive the bike in snow?" Well, first of all, it hasn't snowed here and second of all, OBVIOUSLY (said slowly like Professor Snape to Dolores Umbridge).
    "Is it harder to drive a bike or a car in snow?" I don't fooking know, I don't own a car.
    "Do you think it'll snow again tonight?" Well, first of all, it didn't snow last night and second of all, I'm not Met Eireann.

Getting on the train two hours late, travelling 20 minutes up the line only to stop again and be told it'll be delayed for a further 20
    Minutes, and it'll take an other 1hr 10 to avtually get to dublin and another 25 minutes to get to work. I'm snappin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Aul ones going to Take That reunion concerts trying to relive their teenage years and pretend they are still young.

And was the concert any good?:D

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And was the concert any good?:D

I hate concerts. Last one I went to was about tweny years ago.

Like, really angry :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Like, really angry :eek:

<Moves back from computer and slips on welding mask...>

jimgoose wrote: »
    <Moves back from computer and slips on welding mask...>

How dare you!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:D

It's a huge anger but it trivially annoys me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

It's a huge anger but it trivially annoys me :)

Don't take any notice of that smiley face....leave the welding masks on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Standing up to discover everything from the knee down on one side is numb. "Your foot's asleep" my eye. 5 minutes hobbling around. Wake up!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There are a few upcoming musicians that I have befriended on the likes of Twitter and Facebook. I'm no big shot at all in the music industry, but have a few people I can reach out to to help out these new artists.

Then....they start p*ssing me off.

The biggest annoyance I have is that they start to look at thier number of followers as a benchmark of thier success.
    Then they repeatedly spam saying stuff like:
    SUPPORT: My page is less than 230 Likes away from reaching my goal of 3,000 Likes!!!
    Please help me get there before the official release of my new single January 25th!!!
    It would mean so much if you could support and invite all your Facebook friends to LIKE this page!!

Understandably, they want to get as many new listeners as possible, but I'm of the opinion that your music is what counts, not the number of people who are being forced into spam and reach.

gramar wrote: »
    Don't take any notice of that smiley face....leave the welding masks on!

I'm reminded of that old photo of a group of American doughboys in the Nevada desert looking on at a thermonuclear test from about two miles away. :pac:

Standing up to discover everything from the knee down on one side is numb. "Your foot's asleep" my eye. 5 minutes hobbling around. Wake up!!!!!

Hate that. Wait til the blood starts to flow back. Is there any worse sensation? Especially if someone makes you laugh :)

Knobjockeys who persistently call the telephone with "withheld" numbers (this would be totally illegal if I had anything to do with it) and then leave no voicemail - which I detest as well, but needs must. There should be strict "Loo-Lah" testing in place before anyone is granted a permit to own/operate telephones, computers, credit-cards, firearms, or motor vehicles. :mad:

• Advertisement

Young lads with jeans hanging around the back of their knees. Pull up your pants ffs. Clot.

Young lads with jeans hanging around the back of their knees. Pull up your pants ffs. Clot.

Are they the Chungfellits?? :pac:

The chungfellits are the wans weardin der Adidas bottoms with the socks pulled over them and the material burnt to bits with hot rocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

selous wrote: »
    Nasty Sh1ts. Lexi, but i'm a firm believer in Karma. Sleep well.

yeah:rolleyes:, I believe in Karma too, that's why I treat people like shíte all day and I know they deserve it!

TA: Karam, what a load of B.S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I think Karma is great. Its complete bs. What goes around does not come around but if you try to think in terms of karma when making decision you may end up doing less twatty stuff.

Trying to drink coconut water for it's supposed health benefits but it's gag-inducing. Quite possibly the worst thing I've ever swallowed, although there was one guy from a few years back who's a close second :pac: Staring at the carton wondering if the power of transubstantiation might also apply to coconut water and turn it into a nice Shiraz...

The chungfellits are the wans weardin der Adidas bottoms with the socks pulled over them and the material burnt to bits with hot rocks

Pardon my gross ignorance, but what's with the hot rocks?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Trying to drink coconut water for it's supposed health benefits but it's gag-inducing. Quite possibly the worst thing I've ever swallowed, although there was one guy from a few years back who's a close second :pac: Staring at the carton wondering if the power of transubstantiation might also apply to coconut water and turn it into a nice Shiraz...

I don't suppose a bottle of Malibu would have the same health benefits.?:D

I went to see my GP this morning, I'd been putting it off for ages but my hands are really aching, turns out it's probably Carpal tunnel syndrome:( Honestly, my health is so sh*te that I sometimes suspect there's someone somewhere sticking pins in an effigy of me.

jimgoose wrote: »
    Pardon my gross ignorance, but what's with the hot rocks?? :confused:

You know when they're smoking joints and bits of the burning weed flicks off and leaves those little burns in things? So when you see those skobes walking around in their Adidas bottoms all tiny little holes they're called hot rocks

• Advertisement

I don't suppose a bottle of Malibu would have the same health benefits.?:D

Haha, Dunnes do an imitation Malibu called cocamo or something. We used to drink gallons of that with orange juice before going out. Ah I miss those hazy college days :) It's pretty much the same as the real thing :)

Haha, Dunnes do an imitation Malibu called cocamo or something. We used to drink gallons of that with orange juice before going out. Ah I miss those hazy college days :) It's pretty much the same as the real thing :)

In my younger days I loved Malibu and pineapple juice, far too easy to drink though.:D

You know when they're smoking joints and bits of the burning weed flicks off and leaves those little burns in things? So when you see those skobes walking around in their Adidas bottoms all tiny little holes they're called hot rocks

Hardcore! :D

I'm trivially annoyed that my favourite food in the whole world is now ham sandwiches. Bogger4lyf

Thanks to Lexie I'm getting an edumacation into de lives of de chugfellits that do be in Squareyor.

TA with the sales team I had to ring 4 different people to get through to the correct person who then said they'd ring me back. FFS !

I'm trivially annoyed that my favourite food in the whole world is now ham sandwiches. Bogger4lyf

I think you'll find you mean "hang sangidges", as in "A hang sangidge, tinna Coke an' a Kattekit, before the udder tick cunt comes on now talkin' shie'!"

Ages ago I was walking down that lane off harcourt st next to coppers (you can still smell the shame even the next morning there!) when these two junkies were walking in the opposite direction. One of them loudly mentioned I was an 8. I was offended because a) only an 8? And then I thought about it and have you seen a junkies girlfriend??? If they're 10s and I'm an 8 without hoops or pjs, there's sometnimg seriously wrong with society

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Why is it called the Square?? cause no one out there could spell pyramid, oh bless, how old is that one???

• Advertisement

Jimgoose and Lexie I'm roaring with laughter.
    Sealous LOL ! The state of some them I'd think they'd struggle to spell me nevermind Square

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement