Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Jimgoose and Lexie I'm roaring with laughter...

Join us Ms. B, embrace your inner culchie. Nnnnnngggghardaí!! C'mon now lads, she's a Bean-Garda, not some chape Mexican jinnit! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wake, I am wake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

The Toy Story advert. The one where the wi-fi modem explodes.

All the regular voice actors, present and correct.

Except for the really bad Tom Hanks impersonator. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Ah Jimgoose I'm a city burd tru and tru. The only time I saw a tractor as a kid was when the council cut the grass. I break out in hives if I'm more than 10 minutes from a town.

Ah Jimgoose I'm a city burd tru and tru. The only time I saw a tractor as a kid was when the council cut the grass. I break out in hives if I'm more than 10 minutes from a town.

Hmm. No matter, you can probably do a good Imelda May impression. "Ah Jayney we were mad we were. Me bed was me bicycle an' me bicycle was me bed, all up in a heap in me grannie's attic so were were an' 'twas mad sohwas!!" :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah heor Leeve it ouh ! Dat Imelda don't be minden hur she does be only taking a load of auld shoi

People who say they will ideally have 3 or 4 kids. Are they even on the same planet as the rest of us? I would be in the loonybin. 4 kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who say they will ideally have 3 or 4 kids. Are they even on the same planet as the rest of us? I would be in the loonybin. 4 kids.

I think I will just have one. I'll spoil it rotten, speak to it like it's an adult so it turns into an obnoxious, precocious little twat who speaks like an adult at age 5, and send it to the best school I can afford so it turns into a snob. It will be a multilingual chartered accountant or corporate solicitor. Hah! Take that world! I've got my own back now! Here's another snot to add to the human race :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

My GF said off hand the other day "I might like kids some day". Nearly shat myself while attempting to jump out the window. I think she was aiming for the reaction I gave though....

My OH is horrid broody like talking to babies and smiling at kids and all. We are polar opposite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

My OH is horrid broody like talking to babies and smiling at kids and all. We are polar opposite

Ha ha. I'm predicting a LexieOnRale'sSprog account on boards within 2 years!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I think I will just have one. I'll spoil it rotten, speak to it like it's an adult so it turns into an obnoxious, precocious little twat who speaks like an adult at age 5, and send it to the best school I can afford so it turns into a snob. It will be a multilingual chartered accountant or corporate solicitor. Hah! Take that world! I've got my own back now! Here's another snot to add to the human race :D

An added bonus with that lot would be he'll spend his whole life either being beaten up or ignored. You can't go wrong! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The "G.P Now" add on the radio, someone please join up, so they can get a better jingle, not a kid in a jax on a xylophone clanging away. cheap, is not the word. (well it is actually) And it's Sandyford not Sandyfuurd. T.AAAAAA indeed.

Dort Speak is a TA of mine

Totes.

Awkey mo mo is the one that really drives me mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm trivially annoyed that my favourite food in the whole world is now ham sandwiches. Bogger4lyf
    jimgoose wrote: »
    I think you'll find you mean "hang sangidges", as in "A hang sangidge, tinna Coke an' a Kattekit, before the udder tick cunt comes on now talkin' shie'!"

You beat me to it :pac:
    Hmm. No matter, you can probably do a good Imelda May impression. "Ah Jayney we were mad we were. Me bed was me bicycle an' me bicycle was me bed, all up in a heap in me grannie's attic so were were an' 'twas mad sohwas!!" :pac:

No idea what all of that means but it made me laugh.
    My OH is horrid broody like talking to babies and smiling at kids and all.

The horror.
    I am allergic to children. ALLERGIC.
    When I'm being extra cheeky I whip out my epi pen and say "see, my GP even prescribed me this" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

someone that's telling you something but then half the story is filled in with "Bla bla bla" use real words please, Bla Bla Bla is not informative.

Roysh. When you’re as rich as we are, you can believe in all sorts of rubbish. That’s why we’re all off gluten. -- R. O'Carroll-Kelly. :D

I loike totes agree with Rosser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

My ex-flatmate is from Offaly. He used to head back home for training a couple of nights a week.
    He said that they'd be on the pitch doing a few warm-ups and stretches with the trainer at the front shouting

'Inhale'

'Outhale'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have no idea what any of you are saying. :(

My ex-flatmate is from Offaly. He used to head back home for training a couple of nights a week.
    He said that they'd be on the pitch doing a few warm-ups and stretches with the trainer at the front shouting

'Inhale'

'Outhale'

Hey now, I hear they're very cultured and diverse down there. Mush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I have no idea what any of you are saying. :(

Me neither! I think they are all ordering Pizza.

Eau no. Carbs are loike the devil's food. I Loike only eat kale cos loike my trainer said so.

Eau no. Carbs are loike the devil's food. I Loike only eat kale cos loike my trainer said so.

How about cuddied chips an' a batha booga? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

9 inch or 12 inch or personal pizza?

Craving the most ridiculous things. I'm on a diet. That is, eating actual food instead of rubbish. But I can't even explain how much I need macaroons right now, and crisps and maybe a bar of galaxy. With some curry chips or even some Chinese. WHY?! :(

...With some curry chips or even some Chinese. WHY?! :(

I'm told a lot of the damage done by Chinese takeaway is done by the sauces. So, compromise - get a nice crispy Beijing-style half-duck, no sauce, flake a load of oven chips on and horse into it with some low-fat mayonnaise. Daycint. :cool:

• Advertisement

I'm told a lot of the damage done by Chinese takeaway is done by the sauces. So, compromise - get a nice crispy Beijing-style half-duck, no sauce, flake a load of oven chips on and horse into it with some low-fat mayonnaise. Daycint. :cool:

I am the most boring person ever when it comes to food. If I'm eating out its always the same. The starter will be soup, the main course will be chicken and pavalova for dessert. Always. Chinese is always chicken curry, no peas and boiled rice. Sandwiches are always just ham unless I'm feeling adventurous, then it's ham and cheese. I don't eat beef, duck, lamb, some pork (sausages and ham I like though). I like veg if I have gravy but not a fan of potatoes or pasta. I need to broaden my horizons. But man, Chinese curry? If I could, I would just order the curry and eat it with a spoon. That's typical, I'll like the one that's awful for you. That's pretty much my entire diet in a post. I'm surprised I haven't died from scurvy

Soup is a great way to eat vegetables and it's so easy to make. I'm making more tonight I'll send some over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

selous wrote: »
    someone that's telling you something but then half the story is filled in with "Bla bla bla" use real words please, Bla Bla Bla is not informative.

Amd don't forget, yada, yada, yada. Does my head right in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Parents who overshare about their offspring. Just because I have kids myself doesn't mean I want to hear every last toe-curlingly boring detail about little Sinead, especially not when it includes hearing about the consistency of the contents of her nappy.

People who take forever to relate a tale. They go off on tangents. They tell you the ancestry of each character. You're told what they were wearing and what kind of car they drive. But it is summed up as "I met X today and he has the flu" - 20 minutes later.

My best friend, I love her dearly but she wrecks my head. Sometimes I wonder if she's all there or if maybe she might be a lesbian not that there's anything wrong with that, except for the fact she has a boyfriend and a child.

Examples.

She sends me about 40 photos of herself pouting asking me to choose my favourite. I send her back my favourite and then she asks me to send her some pics of me. She saw me on monday for practically the entire evening. Why does she forget what I look like.

Or a conversation that goes something like
    Her: Lex, do you love me?
    Me: No.
    Her: ah no, seriously, do you?
    Me: No.
    Her: really? Ah you do, don't you?
    Me: not right now I don't youre doing my head in.
    Her: but what about usually?
    Me: yeah okay I do
    Her: thanks lex I love you as well

Wtf????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Being in absolute terrible form....pissed off with everything (been mad to go drinking since Tuesday morning)...and every single person just seems to be going out of there way to piss me off/ask the most bullsh1t question/ tell most bullsh1t stories....I swear to god...im sick to the back teeth of there lies/ made up stories :(:(

TA with Met Eireann I realise there's a bad storm but talk about going overboard. According their forecasts we'll be in Oz this afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Like, really angry :eek:

Me too...

We still have the little one :( / :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

TA with Met Eireann I realise there's a bad storm but talk about going overboard. According their forecasts we'll be in Oz this afternoon

Red warning in Limerick, all the schools are closed, place is like a ghost town this morning, there's not even so much as a breeze, never mind a gale! :confused:

(it made me happy to be able to walk through town without feeling like a human pinball for once, but I'd feel odd posting in the happy thread :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The phrase "If you don't mind me asking" when used unnecessarily, as if the question being asked is personal in nature, when it isn't. If the question was " And just how many bowel movements do you have a day, if you don't mind me asking?" - that is a personal question. The phrase is ok to use there.

But the question I was asked was " And just how far away is the cinema from here? If you don't mind me asking.."
    Why would I mind being asked where the cinema is?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Red warning in Limerick, all the schools are closed, place is like a ghost town this morning, there's not even so much as a breeze, never mind a gale! :confused:

(it made me happy to be able to walk through town without feeling like a human pinball for once, but I'd feel odd posting in the happy thread :o)

I'm kind of trivially annoyed by this as well, but then I remember getting a call to collect my kids in the middle of the storm in February last year, and I think they were right to go cautious. Also annoyed that my workplace is open!!

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    The phrase "If you don't mind me asking" when used unnecessarily, as if the question being asked is personal in nature, when it isn't. If the question was " And just how many bowel movements do you have a day, if you don't mind me asking?" - that is a personal question. The phrase is ok to use there.

But the question I was asked was " And just how far away is the cinema from here? If you don't mind me asking.."
    Why would I mind being asked where the cinema is?

It's a cousin of "I'm not being bad but..." or "I'm not a racist/homophobe but..." :( Usually followed with a bad/racist/homophobic comment. Stupid, meaningless disclaimers that don't actually negate the shítiness of what you're about to say :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Daith

People leaning over your food to get something. Ask me to move then you can grab your fork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

It's a cousin of "I'm not being bad but..." or "I'm not a racist/homophobe but..." :( Usually followed with a bad/racist/homophobic comment. Stupid, meaningless disclaimers that don't actually negate the shítiness of what you're about to say :(

I used to work with a guy who would say things like 'don't take this the wrong way but...' And he thought that gave him free rein to tear someone apart.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I used to work with a guy who would say things like 'don't take this the wrong way but...' And he thought that gave him free rein to tear someone apart.

"Can I speak freely?"

.....braces self :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

"Can I speak freely?"

.....braces self :D

He was fired, eventually, so I'm guessing someone did take something he said 'the wrong way'!

Ta I'm bored. Work is very quiet.

"With all due respect...." means the exact opposite.

"With all due respect...." means the exact opposite.

"In fairness..."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement