Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Jaysus, the staff will need a kango hammer to get the sheets off the bed:eek:

UUURGH,

(sound of me retching)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

:eek:...and we are pre-watershed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

TTTAY44

"Where love stories begin"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Ah Cheeeeeeses... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Fricking virus won't go. Thought it had, then I got drenched in sleet this morning, so am back to lemsip with a shot of Tullamore dew and honey. Haven't slept well all week and have to go to Limerick with my mother tomorrow, still at least I can kill the time by getting my facial hair threaded. Nothing says Christmas spirit more than having the hairs on your face yanked out.:(

jimgoose wrote: »
    Wait 'til I get hold a' Caddil. Where's this here hotel, anyway?? :D

The MidWay Hotel, Portlaiose, A knockin shop of the highest order

59 smackers a nite, Nylon sheets and no breakfast. Where would you get it?

Is that the one Lexie?:D

And there you have it, boys and girls - romance isn't dead, it just smells funny! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

But it's so smooth after though, be like a weirdo asking people to stroke your face to feel how soft it is!

My TA is the fact that every single time I eat, I think of something vile and make myself feel sick.

Black pepper on my food? *lexies brain* - "that looks like mouse shi.t, you're eating mouse shi.t"
    Pasta bake? "Gloopy cum"
    Having soup? "There was probably a mouse running across that wiping his ass with it and his tail and all. You have a piece of a mouses tail in your mouth".

It's completely irrational, but I do it every single time. Even drinking my protein shakes, mid swallow I'll have the vilest thought and start retching.

you got it E. Never mind the big bath when there's a chicken hut a few doors down!

• Advertisement

Is the grey haired woman in the Dunnes Christmas ad supposed to be the wife or the granny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

No disrespect intended , but how in God's name does someone perish in a fire?? I can understand perishing up a mountain or in the sea, because they are cold places. It's always TA'd me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

But it's so smooth after though, be like a weirdo asking people to stroke your face to feel how soft it is!

My TA is the fact that every single time I eat, I think of something vile and make myself feel sick.

Black pepper on my food? *lexies brain* - "that looks like mouse shi.t, you're eating mouse shi.t"
    Pasta bake? "Gloopy cum"
    Having soup? "There was probably a mouse running across that wiping his ass with it and his tail and all. You have a piece of a mouses tail in your mouth".

It's completely irrational, but I do it every single time. Even drinking my protein shakes, mid swallow I'll have the vilest thought and start retching.

/dumps todays pasta bake into the bin....... :(

The train is packed and some girl is saving a seat next to her as clearly she doesn't want anyone beside her. I have a seat but as soon as the train starts moving I'm going to move and sit next to Her.

People who actually sound like they're kissing when sucking sweets. I'm filling up with even more rage each time she does it, it's like smack smack smack. What the ****, were you raised with pigs? I'm glaring at her, proper full on evils and she hasn't even realised. She's done it 9 times so far into my message. When the trolley comes around with drinks I'm going to get one and slurp it so loud her ears will bleed. See how she likes dem apples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

We were meant to go somewhere tonight, but the Luas broke down and my OH is stuck in town, buses don't run properly either thanks to the water protests and traffic is crazy so no point trying to pick him up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who actually sound like they're kissing when sucking sweets. I'm filling up with even more rage each time she does it, it's like smack smack smack. What the ****, were you raised with pigs? I'm glaring at her, proper full on evils and she hasn't even realised. She's done it 9 times so far into my message. When the trolley comes around with drinks I'm going to get one and slurp it so loud her ears will bleed. See how she likes dem apples
    Perhaps she just wants to drive you to another seat. See that empty one over there? Go on! You know you want to.

Perhaps she just wants to drive you to another seat. See that empty one over there? Go on! You know you want to.

It must be one of those never ending gobstoppers like from willie wonka.

miezekatze wrote: »
    We were meant to go somewhere tonight, but the Luas broke down and my OH is stuck in town, buses don't run properly either thanks to the water protests and traffic is crazy so no point trying to pick him up.

If it's the red one it's running as normal from Smithfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

If it's the red one it's running as normal from Smithfield

Green.. issue seems to have been resolved now though.

Ridiculous portrayals of illness by people who don't know what they're talking about.:mad: I've just been watching some model turned actress whose current film is apparently portraying the 'reality' of someone with epilepsy. I don't know who she spoke to about Epilepsy but as someone who has had epilepsy for more than 30 years, she is talking out of her arse and making stupid statements that give bad information and actually harms perceptions of epilepsy rather than improving what people know about it and how they might perceive it. Stupid stuff like saying that people with epilepsy spend lots of time at their GP trying to get it under control. It shows her walking around with the world as a complete blur and having almost constant hallucinations and seeing lightening flashes, WHAT THE ACTUAL FCUK? I see a neurologist once a year ffs and have never experienced what she's portraying epilepsy to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Someone calls to the house and you politely offer them a tea or coffee.
    Oh I would love a coffee they reply.
    Go to cupboard.....no bloody coffee! :/

Ridiculous portrayals of illness by people who don't know what they're talking about.:mad: I've just been watching some model turned actress whose current film is apparently portraying the 'reality' of someone with epilepsy. I don't know who she spoke to about Epilepsy but as someone who has had epilepsy for more than 30 years, she is talking out of her arse and making stupid statements that give bad information and actually harms perceptions of epilepsy rather than improving what people know about it and how they might perceive it. Stupid stuff like saying that people with epilepsy spend lots of time at their GP trying to get it under control. It shows her walking around with the world as a complete blur and having almost constant hallucinations and seeing lightening flashes, WHAT THE ACTUAL FCUK? I see a neurologist once a year ffs and have never experienced what she's portraying epilepsy to be.

Maybe it's different for her though, I understand what you're saying, and I've literally only been diagnosed with it in the last couple of months but this week alone I don't even know how many fits I've had. I can't even drive anymore.
    It seems so complex and different for everyone. Anything I read on it doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

So this evening I had to make a CD of seasonal choons for a friend, now her vee-ikle doesn't play mp3 so it had to be an ordinary audio CD. Now when I sat down to do it I realised that I hadn't actually done any sort of a disc in years and couldn't quite remember how. Took me 3 attempts to get it right. After the second failed attempt getting annoyed I broke the CD in two before throwing in the bin, this of course sent shards of CD around the kitchen floor, which I'm sure despite a thorough sweeping I will find a piece with my bare feet in days to come

That is all

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I was in the cinema last year, enjoying the film, and someone starts eating, what I can only describe as rock.

Really loud "crunch, crunch, crunch". I caved after maybe 10 minutes.

I turned to them and asked "what are you eating? Rocks or something? I paid to see the film too."

More recently, was in an imax watching Interstellar, and fella beside me was chewing gum so loud. So, I said "Stop chewing in my ear"

Etiquette, dear etiquette.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

So this evening I had to make a CD of seasonal choons for a friend, now her vee-ikle doesn't play mp3 so it had to be an ordinary audio CD. Now when I sat down to do it I realised that I hadn't actually done any sort of a disc in years and couldn't quite remember how. Took me 3 attempts to get it right. After the second failed attempt getting annoyed I broke the CD in two before throwing in the bin, this of course sent shards of CD around the kitchen floor, which I'm sure despite a thorough sweeping I will find a piece with my bare feet in days to come

That is all
    I did something similar last week....the freezer needed to be defrosted so when I squeezed loads into the drawer it wouldnt shut properly...I tried moving stuff around but still couldnt get the fecking door closed so I opened the drawer and lashed it back in as hard as I could in temper...the front of it split and a big chunk of plastic fell off:mad: the following day I cut my thumb badly on the broken part...If i could have lifted it the whole freezer would have gone out the window at that stage:mad::D

All this argument on line about how many protested today. The anti water charges people with 100,000. The pro camp with 30,000. Neither will, naturally, accept any figure but their own. Official figures from Gardai, corporation etc are dismissed as biased. So what? Its over and you will never convince the other side so let it go.

Maybe it's different for her though, I understand what you're saying, and I've literally only been diagnosed with it in the last couple of months but this week alone I don't even know how many fits I've had. I can't even drive anymore.
    It seems so complex and different for everyone. Anything I read on it doesn't make sense.

It gets a lot easier for most people, once the right anti-convulsant medications are prescribed. But, from the brief clips I saw and the description she gave, it portrayed people with epilepsy as basically wandering around in a constant hallucinogenic feeble haze and incapacitated to the point of not being able to function normally, which is absolute bollox.

Was woken this morning by Maria Carey squealin' on the radio. Fookin ear bleed she is I wonder do they play her songs in Guantanamo bay..

I'm gonna be really slated for this but I don't care. That Pakistani teenager, Milala whatever her name is, is really getting on my proverbials. Getting a Nobel peace prize for essentially being shot and talking about what you would like the world to be like bugs the arse off me. She could go on tv and say she'd like to buy the world a coke, or something equally vacuous and they'd applaud her. Sick to death of seeing her on every news channel for the past 2 days. Could they not have waited until she actually achieved something before giving her a Nobel peace prize? Jesus wept.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Jake1 wrote: »
    Was woken this morning by Maria Carey squealin' on the radio. Fookin ear bleed she is I wonder do they play her songs in Guantanamo bay..

They do, but only when it's not Christmas.

• Advertisement

When I'm up early, prepared and calm arriving in time for the train, the train is always really late. Two trains didn't show up this morning. When I'm running late (most days) the train is on time or a minute early.

Aul ones who talk about depressing stuff non stop, and they relay it with such fascination. "Scandalous!! Robbed!! On the tram!! You do see gangs of them getting on alright!! You'd be shaken!!"

I'm gonna be really slated for this but I don't care. That Pakistani teenager, Milala whatever her name is, is really getting on my proverbials. Getting a Nobel peace prize for essentially being shot and talking about what you would like the world to be like bugs the arse off me. She could go on tv and say she'd like to buy the world a coke, or something equally vacuous and they'd applaud her. Sick to death of seeing her on every news channel for the past 2 days. Could they not have waited until she actually achieved something before giving her a Nobel peace prize? Jesus wept.:mad:
    I often asked why to get a Nobel prize in physics or chemistry you have to have discovered something of merit, proven it and established the discovery or theory within the scientific community. But for the peace prize it's given for a notion or single action that often hasn't achieved what the intention was?

People with fake accents.
    Love, you're from tullamore.
    "Dawts so buzzzawwwre"

Oh God...I agree with you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Prick trying to pin my arm up against the door of the tube because he didn't want to move his (for rush hour, a ****ing ridiculous amount of) luggage 6 inches in front of him, then trying to talk to me like I'm a 5 year old when I told him to get the fcuk off my arm, then getting to work, seeing a testing report and realising I'd forgotten to give QA updated requirements yesterday so no chance of my app getting deployed before Christmas network freeze on Friday.

I want to go back to bed.

I often asked why to get a Nobel prize in physics or chemistry you have to have discovered something of merit, proven it and established the discovery or theory within the scientific community. But for the peace prize it's given for a notion or single action that often hasn't achieved what the intention was?

I guess with her it's because she kept up her campaigning in spite of being shot, when others might have taken the hint and piped down. I remember thinking she was a f.ucking idiot for persisting and then I realised actually the more famous she became the safer she was, because they knew they wouldn't get away with quietly killing her - the whole world was watching. but...yeah she annoys me!

The vague delivery dates a lot of online retailers are giving. I was going to order something yesterday from Amazon UK, but when I got to the checkout bit it showed the stuff as coming from America with a delivery estimate of Dec 19th to Jan 12th, I know Dec 19th is last date for post from here to Uk, so I didn't bother as I'm guessing it'd be post Christmas when it arrives.

Second trivial annoyance is ridiculous delivery charges. No, I am not going to pay more for the delivery of a purchase than the item actually cost.:mad:

A tissue in the wash this morning! :(

Coworker: "Can I ask you a question?"
    Me: "Of course" (I am a lovely and helpful person)
    Coworker: *asks the most trivial, simple question, which we learned on day 1*
    Repeat x100

• Advertisement

A tissue in the wash this morning! :(

Thats a bit stingey, would you not just buy a new pack?:D

Thats a bit stingey, would you not just buy a new pack?:D

Excellent. I must remember that retort the next time it happens Mrs S. :)

(Not that she'll see the funny side)

I have noticed a significant increase in the pronunciation of "Dáil" as "Dial" among speechifying Gummint people within the aforementioned august institute. I believe this is to do with the Donegal dialect of Irish and is thus understandable from people like Pearse Doherty, but I hear the likes of Mary Lou McDonald at it as well, presumably to sound all "Norn Irony" and edgy, and this is getting right up my left nostril. If I go up to her I'll kick her fat arse!! :D

I'm livid. There's a cafe across from where I work. I go in there every morning for my granola before work. I go there every lunch for my sandwich, and they're lovely. Usually.

So this morning I was early for work and I really wanted toast and sausage and mushrooms. The one day I wanted something I couldn't just take away. I was even having tea and I drink tea about twice a year. So, 15 minutes waiting for this breakfast. Finally it arrives, and this massive group of people come and look in through the window and see all the seats are taken. The owner (very nice man) went out and said to them to come in, and all these people came in. They were setting up these portable tables and the waitress actually asked me to move from my table. I was so annoyed I said just put it in a take away box. She's like come back later for a free coffee. I said no thanks. She then said she'd bring me a free coffee and I said no thanks and this was even making me more annoyed. Then she tried give me a free packet of crisps, I just put them back. So I left and as I was leaving the owner was like "you're important to us too!" Yeah.

Then when I got to actually have breakfast everything was freezing and manky.

I'm livid. There's a cafe across from where I work...

Erm, if all the seats were taken then the place was full of customers, right? What kind of avian-brained looderamawn would unsettle and disturb current paying customers that are presumably in the middle of their food, because a group show up at the door?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I hate when that happens in the cinema.
    A big group of people arrive late and ask "Could you move over, we all want to sit together?"
    TOUGH ****, you should've arrived on time and had your pick of the seats.

• Advertisement

Erm, if all the seats were taken then the place was full of customers, right? What kind of avian-brained looderamawn would unsettle and disturb current paying customers that are presumably in the middle of their food, because a group show up at the door?? :confused:

Probably because there was only one of me, and there was much more of them. There's only like 5 tables in the place anyway and two of the tables were taken up by one group, and the other customers were older men in suits and there's me in my ****ty uniform only from across the road, not in nice clothes.

I hate when that happens in the cinema.
    A big group of people arrive late and ask "Could you move over, we all want to sit together?"
    TOUGH ****, you should've arrived on time and had your pick of the seats.

Our local cinema have recently applied allocated seating... Most of the time it makes no sense cos there'll be 5 people in the place.

Nonetheless, went to see The Hunger Games (bleh!) the first night it was out and obviously the place was packed, so a time to put the allocated seating to good use- seeing as you get to pick and they're not at random.

Not so. Went to our seats, found them taken, and about 10 people standing around. A group of school/college children had been taken out, obviously allocated their seats, but their teacher decided NO, we must ALL sit in this big group, it doesn't matter about the seats.

danrua01 wrote: »
    Our local cinema have recently applied allocated seating... Most of the time it makes no sense cos there'll be 5 people in the place.

Nonetheless, went to see The Hunger Games (bleh!) the first night it was out and obviously the place was packed, so a time to put the allocated seating to good use- seeing as you get to pick and they're not at random.

Not so. Went to our seats, found them taken, and about 10 people standing around. A group of school/college children had been taken out, obviously allocated their seats, but their teacher decided NO, we must ALL sit in this big group, it doesn't matter about the seats.

Did you move them?

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Did you move them?

Well, there were about 40 of them and I've not done weights in the gym in a long time.

There were free seats a few rows away anyway so that was all ok, but I just don't like that sort of person. Get organised, do what you're told, and don't piss off other people.

I have noticed a significant increase in the pronunciation of "Dáil" as "Dial" among speechifying Gummint people within the aforementioned august institute. I believe this is to do with the Donegal dialect of Irish and is thus understandable from people like Pearse Doherty, but I hear the likes of Mary Lou McDonald at it as well, presumably to sound all "Norn Irony" and edgy, and this is getting right up my left nostril. If I go up to her I'll kick her fat arse!! :D

I thought a threesome for you with her and Caddill would be right your street:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement