Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Gobshytes who can't understand the simple written word and use it to shít stir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Vandango wrote: »
    Gobshytes who can't understand the simple written word and use it to shít stir.

A tough day at the office, dear?

Do share!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Don,t expect any sympathy around here:)

The only place I'll find sympathy is in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis :(

"We went there two times" "Removes two times as much grease".

It's TWICE, people. Twice!!!

And as for thrice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

73Cat wrote: »
    I cut my finger on a tin awhile ago. I am never going to stop bleeding. I think I might bleed to death :(

Ouch, that's awful, and painful.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Our Wedding Thank you cards arrived today :mad: They look awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Only just remembered now that I stripped the bed earlier, so have to dress it now when I'm cross and tired. Ooh I'd stick a knife in someone very easily now !

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When Mrs Bap puts on wash with a decent number of socks in it, she will never hang it up, always left to me. And she always leaves socks rolled up in the wash, straighten the f*ckers out so they actually get washed!

My friends never organise anything. So today they organise pints for tomorrow. I wont be able to make it now as there is a sleepover arranged for here tomorrow night with a couple of my nephews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Arsehole customers/people in general annoying as fcuk....today got stung listening to an extra annoying individual in work...some people no matter how many times you explain something to them even slowy just look at you a blank expression...Jesus it's frustrating as fcuk

Also I need to get out of Waterford for at least a weekend....everywhere I ****ing go people annoy me asking about work...in the gym,at petrol station,nights out..,even this evening at an meeting someone had to ask something about it/seek advice....like I like my job and helping out others etc....it's just I don't want to end up someone with no life away from work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

AMANDAAAA BRUNKER....need I say more.....
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

shuffle65 wrote: »
    The usage of the Americanism 'Mom' for your mother in Ireland. When the f**k did Ireland become part of America? It's MAMMY!

Next person says it to me I am going to slap them across the face, hard...

It's Ma:)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

A girl in work wearing a pair of glasses, someone comes over to chat to her. Cue conversation:

Person: "Oh, I didn't know you wore glasses!"

Girl with glasses: "Oh, I don't normally! I got these in Penneys, I just wear them when I want to look smarter, or if I'm in college!"

Oh. My. God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Horizontal buttonholes

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Those manky pics on social networks now appearing on sponsored indo links
    No don't want to see a photoshopped eye infection

"We went there two times" "Removes two times as much grease".

It's TWICE, people. Twice!!!

And as for thrice!!

Does that song grind your gears?

Being in rotten humour for no decernable reason aaargh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People on trains who think that by putting their ****ty designer knockoff bags on the seat beside them, that means they have two seats. When I see bitches do that, that's always where I want to sit. Anyway, I asked her to move her bags, and she's looking at me all put out, and starts fumbling around, fussing at the bags but not moving, I think she was hoping Id just move to a different seat as there was a que behind me waiting but, I'm nothing if not persistent. So eventually she moved her ****, I sat down and just said excuse me before I put the a rest between us. She actually mumbled for gods sake. Then she started doing her makeup and spraying perfume on herself.

Never in my life have I wanted germs as much as right now. I wish I could have summonsed all the TA from this thread. I wish I could sneeze the entire way to dublin. I wish I had a nolans bag. I wish there was a window to open. God.

Horizontal buttonholes

Stand up, and you will be grand;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

efb wrote: »
    Being in rotten humour for no decernable reason aaargh

You're probably just tired.

• Advertisement

You're probably just tired.

Cranky Unnaprroachable Narky Tired

That's me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

This , or even this ` (a button you've to press twice and then press the delete button) instead of ' - what the hell is wrong with using an apostrophe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A girl in work wearing a pair of glasses, someone comes over to chat to her. Cue conversation:

Girl with glasses: "Oh, I don't normally! I got these in Penneys, I just wear them when I want to look smarter, or if I'm in college!"

Oh. My. God.

Somebody actually said that? Oh ffs. Did humanuty turn off the lights before it left the world? Not to mention those of us who do wear glasses should be rightly outrages at these idiots making fun of our visual disability. Imagine someone buying a pair of crutches or a hearing aid to "look cool". I usually wear lenses, and sometime people think I wear my glasses to look cool - "oh you don't normally wear glasses!" - yes, I have that strange intermitent myopia and astigmatism. They just come and go as they please :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

OH : "I feel truly awful."

Me : "Poor you! Will I make you some tea and toast for breakfast? Tea and toast is of course a magical cure for all ails."

OH : "Why yes, that would be most agreeable! It does indeed cure all ails!"

Me : "Excellent. Would you like me to cut it into little squares? This does of course enhance the healing properties."

OH : "Yes please! Lovely jubbly. Warm buttered toast and hot tea will be just the ticket."

Me : " Fabaroo! I shall return with your tea and toast as soon as I can."

OH : "Why, thank you! You rock immensely."

(After some pottering around in the kitchen I return.)

Me : "Here are your Bran Flakes, my love."

OH : ......... :(

Me : "What is wr- FCUCK!!!"

Note : Sorry, funny mood. We don't actually talk like that. Basically, I was TA'd by my stupid brain this morning! At least I remembered the tea..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

When you pop into the shop to get a bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps and there is a queue. You know that by the time your turn comes you won't have much time to decide on what bar or crisps you want and may end up making a rash decision, so before entering the queue you head up to have a look at what they have on offer. You can instantly feel a ripple move through the queue as those in it start to think you are trying to skip it. There will be at least one of them who will be on the cusp of saying something while all the other seethe inside. RELAX will yis - I'm not that brazen!

efb wrote: »
    Does that song grind your gears?

What song?

• Advertisement

Alice deejay (I think) two times

I got a bus today. I am f.ucking livid. I actually nearly got off my seat and boxed someone and the only thing that stopped me was the thought that someone would take my seat if I did.

* there were at least ten f.ucking eskimos at each stop all taking their sweet time bundling on. Big sleeping bag coats with those God awful fur trims piling on. The looked like giant, walking vaginas

* the ticket validater wasn't working, which resulted in every single person who got on wasting ten seconds trying to use it, looking around confusedly at the bus driver, trying it again, looking at the driver and then shrugging and eventually deciding to move down the f.ucking aisle. Then the next person would repeat the performance.

*the usual bint got on who didn't realise you have to pay a fare, and there was a big production as she fished her purse out of her bag, opened it, started fishing for coins and dropping them into the box, looking up at the driver in between each coin for what...f.ucking validation or something?

I swear if I'd cuaght sight of a flight sock or a Nolans bag I'd have blown a gasket...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oh. My. God.

:eek:
    I think she needs more than glasses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I got a bus today. I am f.ucking livid. I actually nearly got off my seat and boxed someone and the only thing that stopped me was the thought that someone would take my seat if I did.

* there were at least ten f.ucking eskimos at each stop all taking their sweet time bundling on. Big sleeping bag coats with those God awful furm trims piling on. The looked like giant, walking vaginas

* the ticket validater wasn't working, which resulted in every single person who got on wasting ten seconds trying to use it, looking around confusedly at the bus driver, trying it again, looking at the driver and then shrugging and eventually deciding to move down the f.ucking aisle. Then the next person would repeat the performance.

*the usual bint got on who didn't realise you have to pay a fare, and there was a big production as she fished her purse out of her bag, opened it, started fishing for coins and dropping them into the box, looking up at the driver in between each coin for what...f.ucking validation or something?

I swear if I'd cuaght sight of a flight sock or a Nolans bag I'd have blown a gasket...

...and that is why ONW's use of the bus is fundamental for the future of this thread

Vel wrote: »
    When you pop into the shop to get a bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps and there is a queue. You know that by the time your turn comes you won't have much time to decide on what bar or crisps you want and may end up making a rash decision, so before entering the queue you head up to have a look at what they have on offer. You can instantly feel a ripple move through the queue as those in it start to think you are trying to skip it. There will be at least one of them who will be on the cusp of saying something while all the other seethe inside. RELAX will yis - I'm not that brazen!

I hate when people do this! I almost want them to say something to me so I can rip their heads off. Among the responses I have prepared are:

"Would you relax"

"You seem to have mistaken me for someone who cares"

"Relax, I have more time than you"

• Advertisement

I am very rigid about best before dates on food and will very rarely eat anything past its date. My OH on the other hand is very liberal and employs the sniff test and a quick glance to make sure all looks ok.

He knows how strongly I disagree with his approach and he takes great pleasure in slagging me off for being too fussy. Anyway, last night he makes us each a little apple crumble from M & S slathered with cream and custard. All seemed great initially as I dived into the custard but my first bite of apple crumble revealed that all was not right. It literally tasted like vomit. It turns out that he had knowingly served me food that was FOUR days out of date.

My victory in proving that in fact best before dates do matter was tempered by the fact that the only substitute for the apple crumble was a packet of rich tea biscuits :mad: And of course he made the best of a bad situation by crumbling his up and pouring custard over them and was only delighted with himself :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Vel wrote: »
    It turns out that he had knowingly served me food that was FOUR days out of date.

Grounds for divorce right there.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I hate when people do this! I almost want them to say something to me so I can rip their heads off. Among the responses I have prepared are:

"Would you relax"

"You seem to have mistaken me for someone who cares"

"Relax, I have more time than you"

Although I must admit that when I am in the queue, I do keep a close eye on those who do this because nothing surprises me anymore and I can imagine someone trying to skip the queue. Especially if they are female, over 70, of hairy chin, bent over and pulling one of those fabric shopping trolley yokes behind them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Lately the local Centra shop is impossible. Anytime you go in there the poor chungwans on the tills are flat-out checking lottery tickets while the queue backs up out the door and back the road. I have root-caused this, and the issue is with the lottery ticket checking machine. Hitherto, one could check tickets merrily without bothering anyone at the till. But since the lottery was sold off to whoever it was, they promptly re-engineered the whole system such that the old checkers no longer work for some reason. Hence my conversation with the manager.

jimgoose: Do you know that the reason for the recent appalling delay and inefficiency in here is the fact that the lottery ticket checkers no longer work, forcing the poor till staff to waste their time endlessly?

Manager Chappie: Umm, yes, but sure what can I do? You know yourself!

JG: I know myself?? Oh hell yes I know myself, I've been an engineer for a looong time. Whatever Cowbows'R'Us outfit has acquired the lottery have changed the whole system without bothering their hole to ensure the supporting infrastructure is compatible.

MC: Er, yes, I expect so.

JG: No "expect" about it, they're giving everyone the two fingers, especially people like you who have businesses to run. Now, here's what I want you to do. Are you listening?

MC: <Gurk>

JG: Good lad. Now - bright-and-early in the morning, you are to pick up a telephone and contact the head-buck-kid of the travelling circus responsible for this, explain that you are running a business, and that if their ticket checking machines aren't upgraded within exactly one calendar week of now you'll be ripping out the whole shambles, sending them an invoice for the time taken to do that, and filing suit for loss of earnings and general pain-in-the-holeness. Understand?

MC: Gurr, yes??

JG: Excrement. Now go to it, and good luck. I'll be back!

I know this is going to make me sound creepy but when I see a girl wearing something really nice, I try take a photo so I can search online for the skirt/Cape/top whatever it is later on that day. But it's very annoying when you forget to make sure flash is off and are outed as taking photos of some young ones legs.

I know this is going to make me sound creepy but when I see a girl wearing something really nice, I try take a photo so I can search online for the skirt/Cape/top whatever it is later on that day. But it's very annoying when you forget to make sure flash is off and are outed as taking photos of some young ones legs.

I think that is against the law....

It is when you're a large 43-year-old man and you do it from behind a shrub 400 yards away with Zeiss optics, anyway. :pac::pac::pac:

No doubt! And I wouldn't mind only I actually only wanted to get her skirt. But I end up looking like a complete pervert

Jimgoose I snorted with laughter at your last post

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Jimgoose I snorted with laughter at your last post

Shhhhh!! You'll blow my cover! :cool:

• Advertisement

:D

What song?

two times!do do do do do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Anyone who uses the word "eats" as a noun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Too right. Where I come from we ates the dinner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Nothing wrong with getting some eats groucho.

Never encountered it except for some of the more "ZZ Top" diners along Route 66. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

"Noms" is worse. :mad:

I just found out my OH and her ex are going to be spending the weekend together! More than TA.....

OldNotWise OH's ex is an ex for a reason. Obviously no where near as fabulous as you. Your OH will think what the hell did i see in that yoke when I have ONW at home :)

• Advertisement

MsBubbles wrote: »
    OldNotWise OH's ex is an ex for a reason. Obviously no where near as fabulous as you. Your OH will think what the hell did i see in that yoke when I have ONW at home :)

Nope. This goes way back. Too long to bore us cranks with, probably more suited to PI but this is definitely the end of the road for me. Still....on the bright side - I have carte blanche this weekend ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement