Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I just found out my OH and her ex are going to be spending the weekend together! More than TA.....

oh dear....
    what for? to discuss old times???

I'm laughing here at the thoughts of my OH saying that to me, ' Oh by the way, this weekend..Im off to meet up with ....

He'd be drinking his dinner through a straw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Sorry to hear that :(
    Jake I met my ex a few years ago couldn't get away from him quick enough. I thought thank goodness we split up and what the hell did I ever see in you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Jake1 wrote: »
    oh dear....
    what for? to discuss old times???

I'm laughing here at the thoughts of my OH saying that to me, ' Oh by the way, this weekend..Im off to met up with ....

He' be drinking his dinner through a straw

She's away (in her home country) and her ex is travelling to see her, as she does every time she is there. Regardless of how much it upsets me (and they are both aware of this), she keeps doing it. It's not even that I think they'd get up to anything, but the mere fact that I asked her not to see her and she goes ahead and does it anyway...that's pretty much a deal breaker for me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

How did you find out ONW did she tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

today is payday... at work we have to top our keycard up via paypal to get lunch. so i bring no lunch. spent all mornin trying to top it up, but realised i hadnt been paid yet.

5 minutes after my lunch is over, it goes through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

She's away (in her home country) and her ex is travelling to see her, as she does every time she is there. Regardless of how much it upsets me (and they are both aware of this), she keeps doing it. It's not even that I think they'd get up to anything, but the mere fact that I asked her not to see her and she goes ahead and does it anyway...that's pretty much a deal breaker for me now.

Wanna hug?

How did you find out ONW did she tell you?

Yeah she emailed me, saying "I know you wont like this but I still love you" blah f.ucking bah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...that's pretty much a deal breaker for me now.

Well that's arsebiscuits, ONW. Sorry to hear it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Taxi drivers driving in the middle of two lanes until they decide which one takes their fancy. Meanwhile no one else can drive ahead in either one.
    Trivial but annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Went to the cinema with the OH last weekend. There's 2 tills and a fairly long queue has formed with the person at the front of the queue going to whatever till comes free first.
    Because of the layout of the lobby, the queue is more in front of one of the tills than the other, if that makes sense.

Anyhow, we're queuing up for 5 minutes when this dude rocks up into the lobby with his 2 kids and marches up and stands behind the 2nd till - as if we're all a bunch of spas choosing to stand in one really long queue behind one of the tills, while leaving the other one empty, and he's the only one in the whole lobby smart enough to have figured this out.

We're a couple of places from the front at this stage and I'm ready to politely tell him that the queue starts way back there when the 2nd till becomes free and he just marches up to it and starts ordering his tickets.

The OH convinces me to stay stum because he's two young kids with him, but seriously, what an ignorant, ill-mannered and self-centred prick!

Hate people like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Went to the cinema with the OH last weekend. There's 2 tills and a fairly long queue has formed with the person at the front of the queue going to whatever till comes free first.
    Because of the layout of the lobby, the queue is more in front of one of the tills than the other, if that makes sense.

Anyhow, we're queuing up for 5 minutes when this dude rocks up into the lobby with his 2 kids and marches up and stands behind the 2nd till - as if we're all a bunch of spas choosing to stand in one really long queue behind one of the tills, while leaving the other one empty, and he's the only one in the whole lobby smart enough to have figured this out.

We're a couple of places from the front at this stage and I'm ready to politely tell him that the queue starts way back there when the 2nd till becomes free and he just marches up to it and starts ordering his tickets.

The OH convinces me to stay stum because he's two young kids with him, but seriously, what an ignorant, ill-mannered and self-centred prick!

Hate people like that.

I genuinely think that kind of disregard for the fundamentals of society can only come from a sociopath. Seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The use of the word 'coffers'. What is a fcuking coffer anyway? All I know is that the state has loads of them.

gramar wrote: »
    The use of the word 'coffers'. What is a fcuking coffer anyway? All I know is that the state has loads of them.

All I know is mine are fookin' empty :( :pac:

Hate people like that.

"Oy, fcukface, yeah you, with the sprogs, back of the queue pronto, before I tear you a new arse. "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Managed to get tonsillitis & a vomiting bug at the same time. More than TA by this.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    "Oy, fcukface, yeah you, with the sprogs, back of the queue pronto, before I tear you a new arse. "

He said in his own mind as he watched the man with the two sprogs get his tickets and march off to watch the movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Hate people like that.

That kind of behaviour sends me crazy, although I did almost engage in it myself.

Myself, the OH and kids were in Blackrock one day looking for somewhere to eat. We tried a few places that were either full or just utter rank, so when we came to a nice little cafe with what appeared to be empty tables we were relieved. We were all tired and cranky at this stage as I marched everyone in. There were about 3 empty tables that hadn't been cleared so I bagged one of them and started ordering the family around.

Buggies were folded away, coats taken off, empty plates moved to the adjacent empty table, kids and OH ordered into seats and then just as I was about to sit down, out of the corner of my eye I noticed a designated waiting area where a load of people waiting patiently for tables were staring open mouthed at our complete and utter brazenness. It was only a small place and it was then I further noticed the whole place, staring over were just staring over completely entertained by 'Psycho Mum' and her poor family! In fairness, we vacated fairly sharpish due to my total mortification. And ended up in a bleedin Starbucks:mad:

One of my fooking dogs. I could be pottering around the house for ages, doing a few things and she's sparked out in her bed and then AS SOON as I sit down with a cuppa to catch a few minutes to myself, she is up and at the door looking to go out to the toilet. Then I have to stand around while she entertains herself in the garden for the few minutes as there is no point sitting back down and then getting up again to let her back in.

At least the other one has worked out how to open the door for himself, although not to fooking close it.

People working in shops etc. who see people skipping the queue and still serve them first anyway. My heroes are the one who tear them a new asshole and reef them off back down the end of the queue, or better still, out the exit!

3 in a row! If this was x's and o's you'd have won:pac: ....you'd be fooked if it was connect four though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Driving down the Crumlin Road during morning rush hour and we could see an ambulance coming in the opposite direction struggling to move due to the heavy traffic. Naturally everyone tried to mount the kerb or move in to the bus lane to give the ambulance some room to travel along the centre of the road.

Except, someone in a Audi TT behind us though the opening was for him and drove along the opening and ended up blocking the ambulance as it was moving through the opening. The ambulance driver was having none of it and forced him to reverse back a good 100meters or so and I could clearly see the non-driving paramedic taking pictures with his phone so hopefully the TT driver will be getting a visit from the Guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Hate people like that.

Even more reason to educate him, we can't have 2 more assholes in the world being brought up by that asshole :D

gramar wrote: »

I believe that's what they put the "tronches" into. :pac:

Tronches Trivially annoy me. As do Politicians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Vel wrote: »
    One of my fooking dogs. I could be pottering around the house for ages, doing a few things and she's sparked out in her bed and then AS SOON as I sit down with a cuppa to catch a few minutes to myself, she is up and at the door looking to go out to the toilet. Then I have to stand around while she entertains herself in the garden for the few minutes as there is no point sitting back down and then getting up again to let her back in.

At least the other one has worked out how to open the door for himself, although not to fooking close it.

Oh God, our dog is the same. Looking to go in and out like a yo yo all day. When she is in she wants to be out and vise versa. Does my head in. She can also let herself in by wrapping her paws around the handle, and then the door is wide open in the cold :(

73Cat wrote: »
    Oh God, our dog is the same. Looking to go in and out like a yo yo all day. When she is in she wants to be out and vise versa. Does my head in. She can also let herself in by wrapping her paws around the handle, and then the door is wide open in the cold :(

wish mine could reach the handle, the little bollix :rolleyes:

Now I've had an er "invitation" for tonight... 'scuse me while I pick my morals up out of the gutter.... ;)

TA, I'm always so God damned self-assured and single minded until some shít or other like this happens. What the hell am I supposed to do?

TA, I'm always so God damned self-assured and single minded until some shít or other like this happens. What the hell am I supposed to do?

Go out to dinner with your "invitation". Go somewhere swanky and eat like Cleopatra. Flirt outrageously. Dress like Lauren Bacall. Have a whale of a time, including dancing and drinking Manhattan Iced Tea until 5am. A little ear-nibbling is specifically allowed by The Rules. Go home and sleep soundly, morals intact. Just! :cool:

• Advertisement

take a shower, or long bath, find an outfit, go out have fun . Take selfies of yourself having a whale of a time

its a only a dinner invitation

( so far..;):p )

take a shower, or long bath, find an outfit, go out have fun . Take selfies of yourself having a whale of a time

To his place..to get drunk...

...and remember: If you're going to behave like an alley-cat, don't forget the bit about landing on all your feet. ;)

To his place..to get drunk...

How boringly "college". Hit town with a spray-on skirt and yer maun in tow with his jaw dragging along like a snowplough blade. Get drunk somewhere lively and fun! :cool:

I might get the bus over to his place. I'll be so angry by the time I get there I won't be responsible for what I do...

When the man that works next to us insists on waving at us every time he passes. He seems super sweet, and nice but it's so awkward waving back all the time because my wave is LAME

• Advertisement

Lexie have you a girlie wave ?

Normally, I would suggest putting this to the ethics board of TTTAY, but under the circumstances, go for it!!

No I wave like a donkey. Usually I'm leaning on my hand so I have to disrupt myself and just oddly move my fingers like they have pins and needles, I'm probably more annoyed about having to move to be honest

...the ethics board of TTTAY...

So-named because we were told about this notion of Ethics, and it board us rather rigid. :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    How boringly "college". Hit town with a spray-on skirt and yer maun in tow with his jaw dragging along like a snowplough blade. Get drunk somewhere lively and fun! :cool:

that you on the left Jim?:D

• Advertisement

that you on the left Jim?:D

Oh hell yes. I clean up surprisingly well. :cool:

Jimgoose Where did you get that Bra ? It's gorgeous on ya ;););)

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Jimgoose Where did you get that Bra ? It's gorgeous on ya ;););)

I forget her name, she was about a 34B. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm TA'ed at my credit card bill, these rarely surprise me so when I got one this morning I opened it expecting, dare I say it, a trivial amount.

I completely forgot I paid my car insurance and tax with it so instead of a trivial 2 digit sum it was a large 3 digit one....oh well

Seven Worlds will Collide

I'd be dangerous with a credit card, mmmm Shoes

The way my friends think I've nothing better to be at that searching clothes shops online all day. The latest, my best friend texts me asking me to find her a dress. The problem being she's breastfeeding and needs a dress suitable for that, she wants it to be fitted, and needs to look ok with black tights and black shoes.

Does the Internet not work in some parts of the country?

The way my friends think I've nothing better to be at that searching clothes shops online all day. The latest, my best friend texts me asking me to find her a dress. The problem being she's breastfeeding and needs a dress suitable for that, she wants it to be fitted, and needs to look ok with black tights and black shoes.

Does the Internet not work in some parts of the country?

Just get a skirt, problem solved, unless she is very shy, then get her a cardigan as well. She won't bother you again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People still wishing me a Happy New Year.
    Get fcuked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

'Are you alright dear?' Eh, it's my birthday and I'm in the kitchen listening to Marilyn Manson and ignoring you, does it fcuking sound like I'm OK:mad: So I said leave my birthday present til next month since we've got a load of expenses over the next few weeks. When you said 'I've got you a small present' I thought you might mean a half arsed cheap bunch of supermarket flowers, but oh no, a book on Downton Abbey:confused::mad: What the actual fcuk:confused::confused: I don't know whether to shove it up his ass or beat him with it. Seriously, we've been married for 18 fcuking years.

fussyonion wrote: »
    People still wishing me a Happy New Year.
    Get fcuked.

When someone says, "Happy New Year", simply reply, "is it?". That has worked for me in 99% of cases in getiing them to shut the f.uck up. Now, I have to go lingerie shopping. Christ I'd forgotten how tedious this whole thing is :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement