Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Just get a skirt, problem solved, unless she is very shy, then get her a cardigan as well. She won't bother you again.

Are you sure the ladies are ready for the power of the Dark Side, a.k.a. Strategic Incompetence? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When someone says, "Happy New Year", simply reply, "is it?". That has worked for me in 99% of cases in getiing them to shut the f.uck up. Now, I have to go lingerie shopping. Christ I'd forgotten how tedious this whole thing is :rolleyes:

Oh bleh I hate shopping for bras.

I spend ages browsing the bras, then grab two or three and go into the changing room, sweating from the heat of the shop.

Then I spend what seems like an hour trying to adjust the strap, which proves a nightmare cos I don't have long nails so I can never get under that plastic buckle-y bit, then put said bra on and hoosh my funbags into the cups, trying to make sure each side of the bra isn't digging into me OR too gappy.

Then take off bra, try the other one on, sweating buckets now...then leave changing room in temper and just buy the bras and deal with the hassle when I get home.

I feel for you sista.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I ordered a new car in mid November and they call today to say it will be March before it's available, because not the engine/colour/spec I went for.
    Bloody hell, I could be dead by March! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When someone says, "Happy New Year", simply reply, "is it?". That has worked for me in 99% of cases in getiing them to shut the f.uck up. Now, I have to go lingerie shopping. Christ I'd forgotten how tedious this whole thing is :rolleyes:

Have you checked out peaches and cream? I got some serious stuff in there recently. I think they still might have a sale on

I ordered a new car in mid November and they call today to say it will be March before it's available, because not the engine/colour/spec I went for.
    Bloody hell, I could be dead by March! :)

Whatcha gettin', mista?

fussyonion wrote: »
    ...hoosh my funbags into the cups...

Y'see, statements like this make me wish I had funbags so I could "hoosh" them into somthing. Possibly a coffer, beside the tronches. Bra-vo!! :):):)

Now, I have to go lingerie shopping. Christ I'd forgotten how tedious this whole thing is :rolleyes:

just rub red lipstick over your nipples, throw on a lacy thong, sorted :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

'Are you alright dear?' Eh, it's my birthday and I'm in the kitchen listening to Marilyn Manson and ignoring you, does it fcuking sound like I'm OK:mad: So I said leave my birthday present til next month since we've got a load of expenses over the next few weeks. When you said 'I've got you a small present' I thought you might mean a half arsed cheap bunch of supermarket flowers, but oh no, a book on Downton Abbey:confused::mad: What the actual fcuk:confused::confused: I don't know whether to shove it up his ass or beat him with it. Seriously, we've been married for 18 fcuking years.

Mrs Happy? Is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

'Are you alright dear?' Eh, it's my birthday and I'm in the kitchen listening to Marilyn Manson and ignoring you, does it fcuking sound like I'm OK:mad: So I said leave my birthday present til next month since we've got a load of expenses over the next few weeks. When you said 'I've got you a small present' I thought you might mean a half arsed cheap bunch of supermarket flowers, but oh no, a book on Downton Abbey:confused::mad: What the actual fcuk:confused::confused: I don't know whether to shove it up his ass or beat him with it. Seriously, we've been married for 18 fcuking years.

Serious? A book on Downton Abbey FFS.

I suggest half rations;)

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    just rub red lipstick over your nipples, throw on a lacy thong, sorted :pac:

Jaysis! Always there are two, a master and an apprentice! :)

jimgoose wrote: »
    Whatcha gettin', mista?

Not everybody's taste I know - 2L Diesel Insignia SE 170 bhp saloon

Not everybody's taste I know - 2L Diesel Insignia SE 170 bhp saloon

A fine wagon, they've been catching my eye. Lovely instrument binnacle in them.

EDIT: It occurs to me that thats probably up there with the great James May's "Good quality indicator-tick, in Audis"! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I suggest half rations;)

The top half or the bottom half? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Pursuits. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I suggest half rations;)

Rations? The shop will be closed for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Pumpkin - I'm almost afraid to ask but do you like/watch Downton Abbey?

Seven Worlds will Collide

The top half or the bottom half? :p

The left half..........really frustrate him:D

Pumpkin - I'm almost afraid to ask but do you like/watch Downton Abbey?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paulieobrien

The last seat free on the bus being covered in rubbish!

The last seat free on the bus being covered in rubbish!

Catch him by the Hot Rocks and reef the cunnox ourravit! :)

• Advertisement

for a second there jimgoos, I thought you were talking to Pumkinseeds regarding the b'aul MrP

Jake1 wrote: »
    for a second there jimgoos, I thought you were talking to Pumkinseeds regarding the b'aul MrP

Ah no, give dat biy a second chance, he's on'y a man! :)

So-named because we were told about this notion of Ethics, and it board us rather rigid. :pac:

Well, the only way ith ethics, or ith that geordie thore ?:D

Well, the only way ith ethics, or ith that geordie thore ?:D

Right out of the park boss. We're talking big timber here - Mickey Mantle, Duke Snider. A big wobbly Bra-vo to you too sir! :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

A very silly and immature trivial annoyance from me today but sure here goes:

I want to wear my new heels out to this party tonight but this guy I fancy is shorter than me when I wear heels :pac:

Stupidest "problem" I've ever had in my life but it's been eating me up all day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

WooHoo, foreplay!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Did people take a fresh batch of b!tchy pills today :confused:

I've never met so many people I've wanted to slap with a happy stick than I have today...

and smile :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Did people take a fresh batch of b!tchy pills today :confused:

I've never met so many people I've wanted to slap with a happy stick than I have today...

and smile :)

Our aim is annoyance.

Job well done so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Had a week off, woohoo, the T.A, its over......grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

Vel wrote: »
    People working in shops etc. who see people skipping the queue and still serve them first anyway. My heroes are the one who tear them a new asshole and reef them off back down the end of the queue, or better still, out the exit!

You would love me Vel!! I take great pleasure in telling them to get to the back of the queue :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I had a Twix chocolate bar hanging around in my bedroom. I dont eat much sweets, but I was keeping it for some time for when I really WANT one.
    So my house mate owned me money and I asked him to leave in the house as I was away.
    Fast forward 1 day. I bought a Massive mug with Batman :pac: for my tea Today. I wanted such a mug for ages, but had no time to drive to City and buy one. So it was a perfect evening to finish off my Lovely Twix bar. Problem is Its not here anymore... Turns out my house mate just sow it around my room when leaving money and grab it... I AM FECKING RAGING NOW!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I am fully of the opinion you should be able to shoot someone for eating somebody else's chocolate. It's unforgivable!

My husband did it once early in our relationship and he has never made the same mistake again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's Friday!
    No TA gonna get to me today :)

whiskeyman wrote: »
    It's Friday!
    No TA gonna get to me today :)

There's a Happy Thread for that kind of nonsense. You've annoyed me now.
    ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Pursuits. :mad:

Internet Won

Thread Closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Internet Won

Thread Closed

I think I've posted that in a few of the 'Trivial things that annoy you' threads at this stage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭shuffle65

The f**kwits who drive tight to your back bumper in the snow/frost/slush. Driving to work in absolutely atrocious conditions this morning, some 'gentleman' driving as close as possible to the back of my car... totally ignored my hazard lights... GRRRRRRRR!

Thinking that I might have a handle on this stupid epilepsy but sitting on the train home I feel funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Woshy wrote: »
    I am fully of the opinion you should be able to shoot someone for eating somebody else's chocolate. It's unforgivable!

My husband did it once early in our relationship and he has never made the same mistake again :pac:

I was actually REALLY pissed off. Good thing he is not home as there would be some blood spilled! I am enjoying my "bucket of tea" on its own. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

shuffle65 wrote: »
    The f**kwits who drive tight to your back bumper in the snow/frost/slush. Driving to work in absolutely atrocious conditions this morning, some 'gentleman' driving as close as possible to the back of my car... totally ignored my hazard lights... GRRRRRRRR!

Two words...slow down, then you are in control!

lolo62 wrote: »
    Two words...slow down, then you are in control!

Driving fast was not an option! Conditions were really really bad. Even in good conditions he would have been too close, but in the state the roads were in this morning his actions were nothing short of lunacy!

Driving fast was not an option! Conditions were really really bad. Even in good conditions he would have been too close, but in the state the roads were in this morning his actions were nothing short of lunacy!

No no I'm with you! I mean slow down even more, they put pressure on you take control by slowing down even more! :) X

lolo62 wrote: »
    No no I'm with you! I mean slow down even more, they put pressure on you take control by slowing down even more! :) X

I hear you, but that wasn't an option. Driving too slow in snow/frost can be as bad as driving too fast. I arrived safe at work, if a little late, and that's all that really matters :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

The girl in my local shop that says "cool" for everything!!!!
    "Three slices of ham please."
    "Cool"......."is that all?"
    "Yeah."
    "Cool"
    "??"
    "Thanks......"
    "Cool.....see ya!!!!!!"

I hear you, but that wasn't an option. Driving too slow in snow/frost can be as bad as driving too fast. I arrived safe at work, if a little late, and that's all that really matters :)

Gotcha..some peeps are just d*******a
    Flipping the rear view always helps too..out of sight out of mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I posted in another thread recently, one that invited you to share your stories on a particular topic. Within a while of posting, another couple of posters are on nit picking at what I have said, trying to poke holes in my story. Seriously,what are you doing on this type of thread if you just can't take something for what it is??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

73Cat wrote: »
    I posted in another thread recently, one that invited you to share your stories on a particular topic. Within a while of posting, another couple of posters are on nit picking at what I have said, trying to poke holes in my story. Seriously,what are you doing on this type of thread if you just can't take something for what it is??

Some people just need an argument for the sake of having an argument. Or need to pick holes in everything to demonstrate their deluded sense of superiority.

PS. You put two question marks at the end of that sentence when one would have sufficed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

People who respond to another's poster's question with a smart-ar$e answer such as "that's what Google is for" or similar.

Seriously? Ignore it and move on if someone asking a question so offensive.

The older I get the more I think that most people are d1cks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Some people just need an argument for the sake of having an argument. Or need to pick holes in everything to demonstrate their deluded sense of superiority.

PS. You put two question marks at the end of that sentence when one would have sufficed.

Haha, I was questioning it extra hard, the extra one is an expression of my rage ;)

Women using buggies as battering rams

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement