Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Couriers. Firstly, get a simple Sat Nav people! Secondly, saying nobody was home so delivery was not possible just because we were outside and didn't hear you phoning the landline for directions is just not good enough. What do we do? Sit inside by the phone all day every day in case something may be coming via courier? What if we both were at work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Aggressive assholes who help themselves to pretty much everything you own

shuffle65 wrote: »
    Not quite that old no, my username gives away my age :)

You're 65! I'd never have thought it by looking at you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Smoke alarms that continue to beep continuously, even when the batteries have been changed. Nasty little elves that live in smoke alarms and wait until you're walking underneath so they can deliver an ear-piercing, head-exploding, extremely high pitched BEEP! The realisation that, if there ever is a fire, we're probably f***ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

People who coin phrases like grexit, brexit, francogeddon.

• Advertisement

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Smoke alarms that continue to beep continuously, even when the batteries have been changed. Nasty little elves that live in smoke alarms and wait until you're walking underneath so they can deliver an ear-piercing, head-exploding, extremely high pitched BEEP! The realisation that, if there ever is a fire, we're probably f***ed.

Try opening it and taking a vacumn cleaner to it.

My TA with smoke alarms is that the batteries never run low during the day. They always decide to start beeping for low battery in the middle of the night. I go it up at 2am last month, climed on a chair and removed the battery. Just back in bed and Beeeeeeeep! It was the other smoke alarm at the other end of the hall that was low in battery. I could have screamed!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Sarah Jessica Parker's whiney voice, it's like ear syphilis, and her equally irritating typecast mannerisms are just as... endearing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Just getting around to watching the boxset of Love/Hate ( I dont live in Ireland) it's a shame I know what happens seeing as everyone was blabbing about it non stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Try opening it and taking a vacumn cleaner to it.

My TA with smoke alarms is that the batteries never run low during the day. They always decide to start beeping for low battery in the middle of the night. I go it up at 2am last month, climed on a chair and removed the battery. Just back in bed and Beeeeeeeep! It was the other smoke alarm at the other end of the hall that was low in battery. I could have screamed!!!!!

Thank you, I'll try that! It's the most horrible, frustrating noise. Those damn elves :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Yep, I've got them on my bed! I guess we must be 'of an age' :)

I'm a 70's child. I think everyone had them back in the days of single glazing and crappy heating, when you'd run to get under the covers when you got into your pajamas. I remember having the Candlewick bedspread too.:D

• Advertisement

Any chance of some links to these bed sheets?

Any chance of some links to these bed sheets?

51uqxAzao2L._SX425_.jpg

I got them on Amazon

Pretty!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Aaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh. Who lost 3 pieces of MY jigsaw? And why did they not tell me????!!!

Finding a lone sock when you've just put on a load of washing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Johnny Lyons from 98FM and the overly enthusiastic way he says "...with thanks to Captain America's COOKHOUSE and bar, serving MOUTHWATERING hamburgers since 1974" ....I fcuking hate it tremendously.

Rosie Rant wrote: »

"Yo must keeel it with Fiyah''

oh wait....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

To my dog

The world will not explode if you try to get your kong from under the chair. There is no need to starve or coming begging every single time it happens.

Stop being a dick
    Your sincerely
    Bjork

PS less time on boards, more time practicing how to be a dog please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Car insurance companies that promise No sh1t then wont quote for your car, then another one wont, because of the make, (NO it isn't a Honda Civic, bit old for that) Then go out to browse some "more common insurable ones" and notice the handbrake is on the passenger side of the centre console on a lot of them, WHY? what do they know that I don't??

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭shuffle65

You're 65! I'd never have thought it by looking at you. ;)

Does that mean I can retire now? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

People saying 'yeah' at the same time as taking an inbreath! Arghhhh!!!

Not too trivial, but icy footpaths. It annoys me that footpaths aren't gritted when the roads are gritted. I had to turn back half way through my walk as the paths here are treacherous.

Does that mean I can retire now? :)

I did so at 60, so you're 5 years late. :)

I'm a 70's child. I think everyone had them back in the days of single glazing and crappy heating, when you'd run to get under the covers when you got into your pajamas. I remember having the Candlewick bedspread too.:D

Ah yeah, we had the candlewick bedspreads too, and those awful nylon ones with a big frill on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Tomato juice dribbling down your arm under your sleeve when you bite into a sandwich :mad:

Ah yeah, we had the candlewick bedspreads too, and those awful nylon ones with a big frill on them

I think ours had fringed edges. They were pastel colours. Pink, blue and yellow are the ones I can remember, although I may have suppressed the memory of others.:D Ah, Jesus, now I've remembered the God awful orange fabric bed settee that was in the house.:eek:

I think ours had fringed edges. They were pastel colours. Pink, blue and yellow are the ones I can remember, although I may have suppressed the memory of others.:D Ah, Jesus, now I've remembered the God awful orange fabric bed settee that was in the house.:eek:

I remember a mattress covered in a material that I believe was resurrected as the curtains in the 'Only fools and horses' flat...

I think we need to start a new thread, Bedclothes from the 1970's... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Those were wonderful.
    I especially loved how they always snagged on a toenail, no matter how well manicured they were.
    Or how you could have slept under one and then unknowingly have had a fitful sleep. Maybe rolled around a bit too much.
    You would know you did this upon wakening when you gave yourself an electric shock off the first thing you touched.

Weren't the 70's brill? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

So many pretty things on eBay and having no money until Wesneday.
    Also: Being unable to properly spell Wenesday. Just call it Wensday and be done with it FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Sarah Jessica Parker's whiney voice, it's like ear syphilis, and her equally irritating typecast mannerisms are just as... endearing :rolleyes:

SJP is a scrawny, miserable-looking yoke that's like something that was dug up. Fellas who slobber over her would want about four batin's.

Carries shoes though

Carries shoes though

No use to me. I have a Sherpa guide who carries mine. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Conor McGregors accent

Having my tongue pierced 9 years (almost to the day) and only realising now I can't blow gum with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Females who wear low cut tops and/or mini skirts and complain when
    fellas are looking at their boobs or legs.

If you don't want us to look then cover the feckin things up!!!

Well actually don't.....

• Advertisement

One would hope that in this day and age women could wear whatever they like without being leered at. It's not the Middle East we're in, and surely to God ye've all seen a pair of legs and boobs before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm annoyed at the amount of mistakes a certain radio programme are making today! Playing the wrong songs, forgetting to play the background music and having to start again and forgetting what to say half way through a sentence!!!

Although I'm probably just annoyed because I hate this show but my boyfriend insists on listening to it every morning :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Gave my seat to an elderly person this morning, had to shame the guy in the priority seating to give his to the other elderly lady

One would hope that in this day and age women could wear whatever they like without being leered at. It's not the Middle East we're in, and surely to God ye've all seen a pair of legs and boobs before?

Well said. After all, if you're not able to sneak an eyefull discreetly, without blowing cover, you don't deserve it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

You'd think that.... but you'd be wrong. I don't know why lads can't appreciate an attractive lady a little more conspicuously. Peripheral vision boys. In saying that, I had a friend before who used to lean out the window of his car while driving to stare down women on the footpath. I think he thought that intimidating them was the way to their hearth and by hearth I mean.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

5 X :p = :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

People who walk dogs with very long leads and then proceed to take up the whole footpath :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

People who support Celtic , and all their HH , bhoy, ghurl , you'll never walk alone sh*te. What is with putting h's in where they don't belong ? It wrecks me bulb! As if I didn't hate sport enough already!!

People (women, kids at that) going on talking about something as if their opinion is law. "Women look better with no makeup", "women only do that for men's benefit". I swear to God there's nothing more rage inducing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

TA annoyed by people who don't like make up. I love make up, the packaging, the smell and the colours.

I know right? I have same features of a newborn baby goat without it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Lexie I wear make-up because it makes me feel more confident. I'm lucky that my skin is good apart from a little rosecea so I don't have to wear to cover scars or birthmarks.

It annoys me when people say you don't need to wear make up . It's none of your business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,225 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

73Cat wrote: »
    People who support Celtic , and all their HH , bhoy, ghurl , you'll never walk alone sh*te. What is with putting h's in where they don't belong ? It wrecks me bulb! As if I didn't hate sport enough already!!

Totally stealing this phrase! :D

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Lexie I wear make-up because it makes me feel more confident. I'm lucky that my skin is good apart from a little rosecea so I don't have to wear to cover scars or birthmarks.

It annoys me when people say you don't need to wear make up . It's none of your business.

That's my mush with nothing on it, and my work face. Could you imagine the fear in people's eyes approaching them au natural? Like I have good skin, don't get spots, but there's just something about it, I think maybe I look juvenile. Don't quote cause I'm going to remove link in a min

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement