Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

73Cat wrote: »
    People who support Celtic , and all their HH , bhoy, ghurl , you'll never walk alone sh*te. What is with putting h's in where they don't belong ? It wrecks me bulb! As if I didn't hate sport enough already!!

thrivial ahnnoyance?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

If you don't mind my saying, there's a touch of Morticia Adams about your full-armour mode. Not that that's a bad thing. :D

You look daycint au naturel as well, beoir. ;)

MsBubbles wrote: »
    TA annoyed by people who don't like make up. I love make up, the packaging, the smell and the colours.

But the price of some of the stuff!!
    Sure, it makes Mrs Whiskeyman look great, but sure we've no money to go out anywhere after all the money spent on all that slap!!
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Will you edit link Jim? I know I love that whole look though, red lips, pale face! Can't bate it!! I'm too lazy for all that fake tan

Will you edit link Jim?...

Of course, done. I missed the last line of your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA: forming a quasi-emotional attachment to a one night stand. What the actual f.uck? Old me would never have given it a second thought. Present me is a emotional f.uckup. I actually can't eat, can't sleep. I'm such a cliche. I'm a disgrace to youth. A disgrace to one night stands. A disgrace to feminism. And I have to see him on a Monday morning. I feel like locking myself away for a bit... :(

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA: forming a quasi-emotional attachment to a one night stand...

I take it dinner went well, then? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

OldNotWise woo hoo you got lucky !
    don't be so hard on yourself. You're still enjoying the post coital endorphins

It will soon pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

TA: forming a quasi-emotional attachment to a one night stand. What the actual f.uck? Old me would never have given it a second thought. Present me is a emotional f.uckup. I actually can't eat, can't sleep. I'm such a cliche. I'm a disgrace to youth. A disgrace to one night stands. A disgrace to feminism. And I have to see him on a Monday morning. I feel like locking myself away for a bit... :(
    Haha you lurve him!

• Advertisement

Haha you lurve him!

I know! And now he is leaving and I am going to lose my friend :( Well, at least I gave him a good send off. I just hope his decision to leave is unrelated to any of my er...performance issues :D

I know! And now he is leaving and I am going to lose my friend :( Well, at least I gave him a good send off. I just hope his decision to leave is unrelated to any of my er...performance issues :D

He's probably still stunned. You never know, he might decide Ireland isn't too bad after all! ;)

jimgoose wrote: »
    He's probably still stunned. You never know, he might decide Ireland isn't too bad after all! ;)

He's leaving the company not the country lol

He's leaving the company not the country lol

Well then the way is clear. If you want him, get him. :cool:

One nights stands > Relationships. Don't ruin a good set up

jimgoose wrote: »
    Well then the way is clear. If you want him, get him. :cool:

He's not mine, nor am I his :(

• Advertisement

He's not mine, nor am I his :(

Well all I'd say to that is that if the two of you are going to be miserable as things are, that should be corrected. Unless he's married with kids, or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

It annoys me when people say you don't need to wear make up . It's none of your business.

I get told "you don't need to wear make-up your skin is amazing" (my skin is alright, not amazing) and then I also get told "ohmygod your make-up is so beautiful, you should wear make-up all the time" by the people I work with, particularly my boss.
    I wish they would mind their own fooking business.

The person beside me is sitting with their hand under their chin with their mouth closed so therefore breathing through their nose and their nose is whistling and they are breathing really loudly and if it doesn't stop, as OldNotWIse would say, BANG BANG!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

98fm FM104, Q102 and 2fm for being perfect examples of all that is wrong with modern radio.

"Here's a funny tweet, ha ha. Thanks to our sponsor you can win a potato. Act like we have discovered new online meme that was all over the internet a few days ago. Here's that latest showbiz goss, in association with our our sponsor. 20 seconds of forced sponsored laughter to fill airtime. Sponsored in a association with our sponsor. Sponsor, you can win a sponsor. In association with sponsor."

grundie wrote: »
    98fm FM104, Q102 and 2fm for being perfect examples of all that is wrong with modern radio.

"Here's a funny tweet, ha ha. Thanks to our sponsor you can win a potato. Act like we have discovered new online meme that was all over the internet a few days ago. Here's that latest showbiz goss, in association with our our sponsor. 20 seconds of forced sponsored laughter to fill airtime. Sponsored in a association with our sponsor. Sponsor, you can win a sponsor. In association with sponsor."

I think the same can be said for pretty much all radio stations.
    I was listening to Beat FM last week and they were giving out about The Sun (or The Star, one of the red rags anyway) having a photo of Rosanna Davison on her holidays in the newspapers everyday but the photos were apparently being taken from her instagram account and they thought that was lazy journalism. However, they regularly have a portion of the show dedicated to either a popular topic on boards or reddit and they ask listeners to text in about the topic, which is basically the same thing.

And on an unrelated note, one of the djs constantly gives out about the Kardashians and how they're always in the news but yet, anytime something happens with one of them, they're chatting about it the next morning :rolleyes: Stop talking about them and they might go away.

• Advertisement

"Was it cold on the bike this morning?"
    No, it was actually surprisingly warm, I was going to just wear my flip flops but I couldn't find them :rolleyes:

"Was it cold on the bike this morning?"
    No, it was actually surprisingly warm, I was going to just wear my flip flops but I couldn't find them :rolleyes:

"The latest met office statistics suggest that this Winter could well be the most Wintrish of all the seasons experienced since March 2014, and the AA are advising everyone to remain huddled under the kitchen table, whimpering and gazing uncomprehendingly up at the Sun-deity who seems to have abandoned them. More later!"

I think the same can be said for pretty much all radio stations.

True, but some are better than others. Dublin City FM, Nova, Lyric FM and RTE Radio 1 are great stations if you like the sort of thing they do.

I had to listen to FM104 this morning. It left me feeling a little less intelligent.

The effort of life. Yesterday I stayed in bed until about 5pm. Then i couldn't be bothered with food so I had so much cheese and grapes I'm surprised I didn't end up with the trots.

Today is my day off and I just want to stay in bed feeling sorry for myself. I'm frozen, but like cold on the inside, my outside gets too warm but I'm still chilly. So, I try go back to sleep, I need the bathroom, I get up and am fully awake again, I go back to bed, try fall asleep but I'm so hungry that I have to get up and get an apple, go back to bed, try fall asleep but remember I need to call the nurse for blood results. 6 minutes trying to get through, I'm awake again. Settle down to try sleep, have to use the bathroom again. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Glancing at the screen to see I've been typing with caps lock on.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

chakotha wrote: »
    Glancing at the screen to see I've been typing with caps lock on.

If you're in MS Word, Shift and F3 will apparently sort this out for you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Delivery promised for 9 to 9.30 this morning. Still waiting. Must I sit at home all day waiting on this small package to arrive? Just pop the bloody thing in the post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I got a summons today to do Jury duty. Gotta try and get out of that, hopefully Epilepsy will get me out of it.

I got a summons today to do Jury duty. Gotta try and get out of that, hopefully Epilepsy will get me out of it.

Just tell them you'd be great on a jury because you can generally tell a guilty person by looking at them! :P

Pumpkinseeds good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Delivery promised for 9 to 9.30 this morning. Still waiting. Must I sit at home all day waiting on this small package to arrive? Just pop the bloody thing in the post!

I am waiting on a parcel that should have arrived a couple of weeks ago (delivery is 10-25 days). last week I sent emails to advise of non arrival, and we are past the limit of the 25 days. the reply was "Be patient, delivery is 10-25 days". I sent another one off on Friday last, the reply "Be patient, delivery is 10-25 day, and if we can do anything for you, let us know":confused:

Well yes, you can start with checking the date of shipping, and notice the transit of 25 days is well exceeded, and you can tell me where the fcuking package is.....please.

You should set up a Parcel Motel account. That way you collect it from your local depot at a time that suits you, it makes things a lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Bit more than a trivial one for me but still worth a mention...
    People who can't even hide the fact inside they are relishing others misfortunes.
    Bad enough they feel that way to begin with but to also be looking like the Cheshire cat from 'Alice'...turns my tummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You should set up a Parcel Motel account. That way you collect it from your local depot at a time that suits you, it makes things a lot easier.

No way! Nearest PM depot is 12 miles away. We usually order from companies that use An Post or couriers who know the area. This shower would have trouble getting from the corner shop to their own homes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

lolo62 wrote: »
    Bit more than a trivial one for me but still worth a mention...
    People who can't even hide the fact inside they are relishing others misfortunes.
    Bad enough they feel that way to begin with but to also be looking like the Cheshire cat from 'Alice'...turns my tummy!

This is a big TA of mine too. I was friends with a woman for a long time who was like this. She couldn't hide her delight in seeing something going wrong for someone else, it was sickening. That was just one reason why I no longer have contact with her.

Pumpkinseeds, I'm well jel of your call for jury duty! My OH and sister were both called, though not picked. A friend was called too, but knew the victim. Seriously, when is my time to shine :(? I've always fancied myself on the jury of a big murder trial, the thrill and secrecy of it all!

lolo62 73Cat I like to call them energy vampires cos their negative attitude drains me of energy.

The person who keeps cooking mackerel fillets in the shared microwave in our office. God that stuff stinks.

lolo62 73Cat I like to call them energy vampires cos their negative attitude drains me of energy.

That's exactly what they are! Can't be doing with people like that. You are supposed to come away from time spent with a friend feeling better, not wanting to kill them !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I'm trivially annoyed that I've never been summonsed. I've always wanted to be on a jury. Although it would be a nightmare doing it now and trying to organise the kids etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Vel wrote: »
    I'm trivially annoyed that I've never been summonsed. I've always wanted to be on a jury. Although it would be a nightmare doing it now and trying to organise the kids etc.

I'm annoyed that after I moved to the UK and registered on the roll of electors I got called fairly quickly. I couldn't serve as you need to resident for 3 years before you're eligible, so I filled out the form and returned it.

Come around the next year, another jury duty form. :rolleyes: Ineligible again, returned form again. Could they not have filed me away to 'do not call until x/x/xx'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

It's always been the bane of my life when you click into a link on a website and it doesn't open in a new tab. I just this weekend discovered that if you right click the mouse you can open the link in a new tab. I am a total g0b****e.

Yes, I am one of those people that IT/tech people lose their mind over but I'm awfully polite when I am annoying them with awfully stupid questions

Vel wrote: »

It's self preservation really, my reason for not wanting to to it. We had a lot of hassle and intimidation from neighbours who are either related to or friendly with a lot of criminal scum in the Limerick/Clare areas and the odds are that I'd be stuck on a jury in the case of someone they know but I don't know. Also we have a local halting site and a lot of the travellers are often up before the court(fact) as I sometimes look at the court listings pages. I don't need the potential intimidation and sh*t that goes with it.

Play-Doh up my finger nails. Uggghhhhh:(

The person who keeps cooking mackerel fillets in the shared microwave in our office. God that stuff stinks.

That's more than a TA!!
    Any fish or fish related foodstuffs are banned in the workplace microwave.
    Everyone knows that!!

...Use the CTRL key and click the link and it'll open in a new tab also :D

Oooh, 133t h4xx0r!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

People who say "Your health!" before they take the first sip of their pint.

One of the <snip> brings the most horrifying concoctions for lunch. It's all leftover dinner gunge. If you ask what she's eating you get "Oh I got this on the "about to go off" shelf in Tesco". Are you sure you wiped the mould off it before you cooked it because it doesn't smell so good?
    I came back from my own lunch on Thursday (where I ate food actually fit for human consumption) and it smelled like she was after microwaving a dead animal and mixing it up with some eggs. Puke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Use the CTRL key and click the link and it'll open in a new tab also :D

Even better, middle mouse button on its own does the job.

Actually on the subject of computers, I have a trivial annoyance.
    I was putting away clothes on Saturday and put a pile of clothes down on top of my keyboard, a few buttons were pressed and ultimately my screen turned upside down. No problem fixing it but WHO THE FOOK NEEDS THEIR COMPUTER SCREEN TO BE UPSIDE DOWN OR SIDEWAYS? EVER??

Actually on the subject of computers, I have a trivial annoyance.
    I was putting away clothes on Saturday and put a pile of clothes down on top of my keyboard, a few buttons were pressed and ultimately my screen turned upside down. No problem fixing it but WHO THE FOOK NEEDS THEIR COMPUTER SCREEN TO BE UPSIDE DOWN OR SIDEWAYS? EVER??

Travelling Australians.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement