Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Do you ever feel like when ye are out in public walking and he's holding your hand, that he looks like he's bringing you for a walk or kidnapping you?

When we were first going out together I was about a size 10 and being that skinny really highlighted the height difference, he was really lean too. We were in a taxi place waiting for a cab one night and the 2 women behind the desk were giggling at us. The height difference is very reassuring, people generally don't mess with very tall guys.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA. I have a wife, my only children are 3 girls, I have 3 granddaughters and I still just don't understand how the mind of a woman works.

Haha, sounds like my OH, apart from the granddaughters. I think he spends most of his life in a state of bewildered despair with us all! Blessed art thou amongst women ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

TA. I have a wife, my only children are 3 girls, I have 3 granddaughters and I still just don't understand how the mind of a woman works.

From talking to my wife, I'm really not sure they understand either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

whiskeyman wrote: »
    From talking to my wife, I'm really not sure they understand either!!

We don't.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

If it helps, I'm a woman and I don't know either. I don't even know how my own mind works. How are men supposed to know what women want when we don't even know ourselves? :P

TA: I didn't feel hungry enough to have lunch earlier, so thought'd I could hang on until dinner...
    but now I'm starving, and fruit / snacks aren't cutting it.
    At the same time, I don't want to ruin my appetite for dinner later.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    . How are men supposed to know what women want when we don't even know ourselves? :P
    If only women knew that men don't know what woman want when you don't know what you want yourselves!
    :pac:

I'm at a stage with someone where I could walk away with only the emotional equivalent of a bruise but kissing him is like a drug that I know is so bad for me but I keep doing it. I can already hear my inner chatterbox saying, "I told you so" in a couple of weeks or month's time :(

its hard to beat a delicious kiss....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm at a stage with someone where I could walk away with only the emotional equivalent of a bruise but kissing him is like a drug that I know is so bad for me but I keep doing it. I can already hear my inner chatterbox saying, "I told you so" in a couple of weeks or month's time :(

Oh for Cheeses sake, it's like the greatest B-side Meatloaf never wrote. Horse inta it, girlie! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »

Feckin tell me about it. And then he says the sweetest thing ever right. He says (and this is a man), "I really like kissing you because when we slept together we kind of just jumped straight in and I feel like we missed out on the fun kissing part and it's cool to just kiss" - heartmelt!!!! :) And don't even get me started on the stuble. Or the second before you kiss and you share that look. Oh Gawd....where's the exit from this asylum? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Jays us, you are all very romantic today:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If its of any consolation it's not long before they cut their toenails in the bedroom, think it's funny to fart in the very same bed you have to sleep in, leave their jocks on the bathroom floor and sing in the shower really loudly while leaving the door open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

If its of any consolation it's not long before they cut their toenails in the bedroom, think it's funny to fart in the very same bed you have to sleep in, leave their jocks on the bathroom floor and sing in the shower really loudly while leaving the door open.

Ah now, dont be tarring us all with the same brush.
    Apart from the singing in the shower...we all do that.

Ooh! Ooh! Don't forget dismantling your car and leaving various incomprehensible bits of it in the microwave! :pac:

Jim Id kill you with my bare hands

• Advertisement

Ah Lexie, dont rain on ONW's parade........;)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Jays us, you are all very romantic today:D

:pac::pac:

Jim Id kill you with my bare hands

G'WAN de Lexie, bah!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

OldNotWise aw ! ya big softie. But there's nothing nicer than a long snogging session.

I suppose the merits of a good hug will be next for discussion!!

I am off for a good vomit. Call me when yis all start bitching again.

• Advertisement

TA at my new haircut. I asked for a trim she scalped me :(:(:(

Wanna hug? :pac: Would you like me to hold your hair while you vomit? Mop your brow? :P

OldNotWise you're scaring me :O

Feckin tell me about it. And then he says the sweetest thing ever right. He says (and this is a man), "I really like kissing you because when we slept together we kind of just jumped straight in and I feel like we missed out on the fun kissing part and it's cool to just kiss" - heartmelt!!!! :) And don't even get me started on the stuble. Or the second before you kiss and you share that look. Oh Gawd....where's the exit from this asylum? :eek:

why on earth would ye want to leave that asylum??
    Stay, enjoy the madness x

MsBubbles wrote: »
    OldNotWise aw ! ya big softie. But there's nothing nicer than a long snogging session.

Snuggled in the back of a warm, old man's pub on what is meant to be the most depressing day of the year drinking sneaky Galway Hooker and kissing a boy - screw you most depressing day of the year! :)

Wanna hug? :pac: Would you like me to hold your hair while you vomit? Mop your brow? :P

I hope whatever you have is not catching:D

And its been a while since I had to have my hair held out of the way of a good puke....though there was a time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm now TA that I felt no different on the most depressing day of the year.

Snuggled in the back of a warm, old man's pub on what is meant to be the most depressing day of the year drinking sneaky Galway Hooker and kissing a boy - screw you most depressing day of the year! :)

thats the spirit!!! get stuck in there :D

replace pub with couch add ginger cat, that's my life.

Nothing worse than chunks of carrot getting caught in your hair alright!

• Advertisement

go wan owwa dat! you're off to kiss the missus :P

ah Eisenberg ya big softie !

go wan owwa dat! you're off to kiss the missus :P

Ok, ok, my cover is blown. I have an empty gaff and I am off to get me wear off Mrs E............who knows where it may lead.:D

wooo hoo gwan eisenberg1 ! Mrs E is on a promise ;-)

There's no dry spells for any of ye anyway!

I might be late in tomorrow morning.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I might be late in tomorrow morning.....

dont forget to establish a 'safe-word' in advance.

There's a grand aul stretch in the evenings now *stares soulfully out of kitchen window, realises this revelation TA's the hell out of people :) *

73Cat wrote: »
    There's a grand aul stretch in the evenings now *stares soulfully out of kitchen window, realises this revelation TA's the hell out of people :) *

In fairness it does rather look like Spring has sprung early around hereabouts, with Eisy gone running off with his mickey out like a horse, and de uther wan canoodling in a saloon-bar like a brazen yoke! :)

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    In fairness it does rather look like Spring jas sprung early around hereabouts, with Eisy gone running off with his mickey out like a horse, and de uther wan canoodling in a saloon-bar like a brazen yoke! :)

Oh God!!! :D:D:D:D 😹😹😹

In fairness it does rather look like Spring has sprung early around hereabouts, with Eisy gone running off with his mickey out like a horse, and de uther wan canoodling in a saloon-bar like a brazen yoke! :)

You know how it's really annoying when someone says, "I just spat out my coffee" when trying to convey how funny something is? Well I just became that TA :(

I feel like we all really connected today or something. There's a real air of comradery about the place. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'll get my coat :)

You know how it's really annoying when someone says, "I just spat out my coffee" when trying to convey how funny something is? Well I just became that TA :(

Laughing out loud now as well? Durt a' ya!! ;)

I'm having a weird fit of giggles here. Every time I think about "Eisy running off with his mickey out like a horse" I laugh. It's been 6 minutes now. At first my colleagues were like, "oh look, she's smiling" and now they are backing away from me :)

Tis well for them, and I at home doing menial tasks, bored out of me skull !! That's a powerful mental image you have given me of eisenberg :)

• Advertisement

Well it was nice while it lasted, but I took a moment to read an email and someone mistook my facial expression for sadness and said, "cheer up it might never happen" - OMFG B.ASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Did you get your good news confirmed?

Well it was nice while it lasted, but I took a moment to read an email and someone mistook my facial expression for sadness and said, "cheer up it might never happen" - OMFG B.ASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

So fcukan what? Hop that telephone off the wall, order another round and pick that youngfella up and ate him. :)

73Cat wrote: »
    Tis well for them, and I at home doing menial tasks, bored out of me skull !! That's a powerful mental image you have given me of eisenberg :)

Do the vacuuming commando-style in a tutu. Works for me! :)

Do the vacuuming commando-style in a tutu. Works for me! :)

I'm not sure the childer would understand :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement