Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

danrua01 wrote: »
    Well, there were about 40 of them and I've not done weights in the gym in a long time.

There were free seats a few rows away anyway so that was all ok, but I just don't like that sort of person. Get organised, do what you're told, and don't piss off other people.

Ah. Sensible choice. I'd be livid too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I thought a threesome for you with her and Caddill would be right your street:D

Hell yeah. That'd definitely be the end of that bed in Portlaoise, hi!! :D

I can't decide on a name for my new fur baby, and she is 8 weeks and 1 day - the girl needs a name! I was calling her Five 'cause she was the fifth born, but you can't have a number for a name.

Another TA is when people impose their morals on me. Told my mum I was going to cook a leg of lamb for the neighbours dog for Christmas and she looked at me like I had two heads and said, "that's an out and out sin OldNotWIse" - said who? I'll tell her what's an "out and out sin" and it's people - the level of gluttony that will pervade this festive season is sinful. Tonnes of meat, desserts, slabs of beer, cream, trifle, mince pie, puddings, ham sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, mulled wine, pringles, miniature heroes, quality street, roses, baileys, jameson, bacardi, pints, takeaways, Irish breakfasts, champagne breakfasts, cheese boards, nibbles, patés, christmas cakes with gag-worthy layers of marzipan and sugary icing, selection boxes, walnut whips, chocolate fingers, canapés and drink drink drink drink. The annual binge is what's sinful, not a once off treat for a dog who sits in a cold kennel 23 hours a day.

"Why can't you give the money to a hungry family instead ONW?" - how much are you giving to hungry families? Does this negate it? It's not like I am stealing the lamb bone from a hungry family to give to a dog - it's coming out of my own money anyway. I don't get the logic of having a go at me over it - if I didn't do it, the rest of the world would be no better or worse off anyway :( Rumble rumble...

An out and out TA is what it is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Just explain to your mum that lamb of dog takes away the sins of the world... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I can't decide on a name for my new fur baby, and she is 8 weeks and 1 day - the girl needs a name! I was calling her Five 'cause she was the fifth born, but you can't have a number for a name.

Another TA is when people impose their morals on me. Told my mum I was going to cook a leg of lamb for the neighbours dog for Christmas and she looked at me like I had two heads and said, "that's an out and out sin OldNotWIse" - said who? I'll tell her what's an "out and out sin" and it's people - the level of gluttony that will pervade this festive season is sinful. Tonnes of meat, desserts, slabs of beer, cream, trifle, mince pie, puddings, ham sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, mulled wine, pringles, miniature heroes, quality street, roses, baileys, jameson, bacardi, pints, takeaways, Irish breakfasts, champagne breakfasts, cheese boards, nibbles, patés, christmas cakes with gag-worthy layers of marzipan and sugary icing, selection boxes, walnut whips, chocolate fingers, canapés and drink drink drink drink. The annual binge is what's sinful, not a once off treat for a dog who sits in a cold kennel 23 hours a day.

"Why can't you give the money to a hungry family instead ONW?" - how much are you giving to hungry families? Does this negate it? It's not like I am stealing the lamb bone from a hungry family to give to a dog - it's coming out of my own money anyway. I don't get the logic of having a go at me over it - if I didn't do it, the rest of the world would be no better or worse off anyway :( Rumble rumble...

An out and out TA is what it is :D

What! How's that a sin?! You said it right, poor little fella gets a leg of lamb ONCE a year and we stuff ourselves with the biggest turkey we can find, plus a load more ****e we don't need!

But seriously, why aren't you travelling to west Africa to cure ebola instead?! You deserve crucifixion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I cooked my dogs dinner last night. My boyfriend had to make himself a sandwich for his dinner. He thinks it's idiotic to make a warm meal for our dogs. I think he's just jealous I love them more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Just explain to your mum that lamb of dog takes away the sins of the world... :p

Brilliant, love it:D

:D

What! How's that a sin?! You said it right, poor little fella gets a leg of lamb ONCE a year and we stuff ourselves with the biggest turkey we can find, plus a load more ****e we don't need!

But seriously, why aren't you travelling to west Africa to cure ebola instead?! You deserve crucifixion.

I know :( I should hang my head in shame. After all human and animal welfare is mutually exclusive - do one, undo the other :rolleyes: It's a common reaction though.

Reminds me of another TA, when there was an ebola case in a US hospital a while ago and Obama sent armed guards down to the hospital in case it got out. Like, what are they going to do? Shoot the virus particles as they fly out the door? America this is one time when your right to bear arms will not stnad you in good stead! :P

Edit:Stnad, she said and then made a dyslexic joke :P

Brilliant, love it:D

Did you hear the one about the dyslexic agnostic?

He used to lie awake at night wondering if there really was a dog.

• Advertisement

Like, what are they going to do? Shoot the virus particles as they fly out the door? America this is one time when your right to bear arms will not stnad you in good stead! :P

They'll only shoot if they see the particles reaching into their coat pockets!

If life gives you melons, make lemonade

They'll only shoot if they see the particles reaching into their coat pockets!

Or if the particles are (muffled sound) - ah ffs I'm burstin' to make a joke but I don't want another infraction! :(

If life gives you melons, make lemonade

I read that as melonade :( Is this a one step diagnostic kit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

:mad: When boards logs you out when you take too long to type a long post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Schwiiing wrote: »
    :mad: When boards logs you out when you take too long to type a long post.

The size ot the advertisements in between posts on the touch site, must have only been introduced this morning, but they're about two inches in height, and on a six inch screen, that's a lot of real estate taken up! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Parents and granny trying to guilt me into going home, the tried last week when I had to study for exams and they're over today so they want me to go home tomorrow even though I'm going home for Christmas next week and its expensive for me to go home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Did you hear the one about the dyslexic agnostic?

He used to lie awake at night wondering if there really was a dog.

It's the insomniac, dyslexic agnostic - hence the lying awake.

seagull wrote: »
    It's the insomniac, dyslexic agnostic - hence the lying awake.

I think wondering if there really is a dog is sufficient to come between him and his sleep. He doesn't have to be an insomniac to be lying awake :)

• Advertisement

I think wondering if there really is a dog is sufficient to come between him and his sleep. He doesn't have to be an insomniac to be lying awake :)

Anyone can make a mistake, as the hedgehog said when he got down off the scrubbing brush:D

Anyone can make a mistake, as the hedgehog said when he got down off the scrubbing brush:D

I didn't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Nuns and the pious way they look at ya

Waiting....tick tock tick tock..... :(

I have a seed of doubt that will soon become a huge tree!

efb wrote: »
    Nuns and the pious way they look at ya

The JW's outside the GPO do this too :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was out at the annual office Christmas party last night. When I awoke this morning approx 3 hours late for work, I decided that the only thing I could eat was a stack of toast and washed down with a rather large mug of coffee and then I'd make my way into the office.

Jump in the shower, get dressed, get downstairs, whack on the kettle, get the bread ready for the toaster........no f*cking butter left. B*ll*x.

Plan B, i'll grab a bowl of granola. Get the bowl out, milk out of the fridge, grab the packet of Granola......f*cking crumbs left in it. B*ll*x.

I had to settle for a bowl of Weetabix and a coffee. So disappointing.

• Advertisement

People going surfing in this weather.....and having to be rescued.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A TA from my Christmas bash last night:

People insisting that I must dance. That's just not going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

The size ot the advertisements in between posts on the touch site, must have only been introduced this morning, but they're about two inches in height, and on a six inch screen, that's a lot of real estate taken up! :(

I was on YLYL and thought an ad was one of the funny pics, sat there for a minute wondering if I was thick....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I'm livid. There's a cafe across from where I work. I go in there every morning for my granola before work. I go there every lunch for my sandwich, and they're lovely. Usually.

So this morning I was early for work and I really wanted toast and sausage and mushrooms. The one day I wanted something I couldn't just take away. I was even having tea and I drink tea about twice a year. So, 15 minutes waiting for this breakfast. Finally it arrives, and this massive group of people come and look in through the window and see all the seats are taken. The owner (very nice man) went out and said to them to come in, and all these people came in. They were setting up these portable tables and the waitress actually asked me to move from my table. I was so annoyed I said just put it in a take away box. She's like come back later for a free coffee. I said no thanks. She then said she'd bring me a free coffee and I said no thanks and this was even making me more annoyed. Then she tried give me a free packet of crisps, I just put them back. So I left and as I was leaving the owner was like "you're important to us too!" Yeah.

Then when I got to actually have breakfast everything was freezing and manky.

I wouldn't go in again. I've mentioned this on one of the previous trivial threads (no 40, I think ;) ), I was being told to move one day from a table, in a cafe, 'in case a family needed it..'.

The tables in this particular place, are tables for two, with two tables pulled together here and there, to create a table for four.
    And there were loads of empty tables, for the mythical family...who didn't arrive, anyway. I didn't move.

He came over to me today and I hid downstairs, he gave the girl in reception a giant cup of coffee for me. I feel bad now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Well you shouldn't, was shocking treatment for a regular customer

Seven Worlds will Collide

People getting offended for not knowing people from a hundred years ago. A few weeks ago, I had one old lady who was disgusted I didn't know Mary Robinson. Today I had a lady say she hasn't heard Elvis sing in years. Pure random. So
    I'm thinking wtf? That's cause he died like 3 centuries ago. She keeps going on about how great he was and I listen to the song that's playing at that minute, don't recognise it and was like .. Is that Elvis playing now? (Cause it was a very random conversation if not) and she's all incredulous how could someone not know Elvis singing? I have more pressing things to worry me

Went to my regular barber for haircut. Usually takes less than 10 minutes with minimum chat. She was busy so I sat down with a new girl. Explained the cut I wanted and the fact I had Psoriasis so go slowly with shaver. She spends the next while recommending different styles from pictures on the wall and some boy band nonsense in some trashy celeb magazine she took out of her bag.

Before she began she picked through my hair with a face of revulsion and asks with in earshot of other customers 'Is it contagious?'. The men waiting behind me took great interest in the hair falling around the chair. 1 guy turned to another, made a face and they both got up to leave. They pointed at me and whispered something to the manger on the way out.

She ploughed through the affected area which began to bleed and I flinched, she grabbed my head and yanked it back towards her.

When she was finished I rubbed where I was bleeding and told her and the manager, who is my normal barber, that I wasn't paying and would think twice about returning the next time, all the while the younger girl was glaring at me with a sour face because I had the audacity to complain about poor service.

Tbh I'm not trivially annoyed I'm actually ****ing raging.

Gotta love a bit of Elvis!

Went to my regular barber for haircut. Usually takes less than 10 minutes with minimum chat. She was busy so I sat down with a new girl. Explained the cut I wanted and the fact I had Psoriasis so go slowly with shaver. She spends the next while recommending different styles from pictures on the wall and some boy band nonsense in some trashy celeb magazine she took out of her bag.

Before she began she picked through my hair with a face of revulsion and asks with in earshot of other customers 'Is it contagious?'. The men waiting behind me took great interest in the hair falling around the chair. 1 guy turned to another, made a face and they both got up to leave. They pointed at me and whispered something something the manger on the way out.

She ploughed through the affected area which began to bleed and I flinched, she grabbed my head and yanked it back towards her.

When she was finished I rubbed where I was bleeding and told her and the manager, who is my normal barber that I wasn't paying and would think twice about returning the next time, all the while the younger was glaring at me with a sour face because I had the audacity to complain about poor service.

Sweet Jesus!! :mad: how awful!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The radio advertising for Simon. I have no problem with Simon as an organisation, let me stress, but its the depressing voice of Christy Moore that gets me. What a drip! You'd swear all belonging to him had just died. I've heard it several tines a day for the last 2 weeks and he's doing my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

When she was finished I rubbed where I was bleeding and told her and the manager, who is my normal barber that I wasn't paying and would think twice about returning the next time, all the while the younger was glaring at me with a sour face because I had the audacity to complain about poor service.

That is an awful experience! :mad:

Men on boards who think it's fine to chat other women and ask inappropriate things, because its online and how would their wives know? First of all - I'm not an insecure girl. I am not flattered by anything some sleezebag old enough to be my parent has to say. Asking for photos isn't a confidence boost and you're not stroking my ego.

Where's my post???

Ah for Jaysus sake, it's in a different thread. I'm constantly doing that! :(

I've a plethora of TA's peppered throughout Boards as I tend to always assume I am on the mothership of TTTAY and post TA's as they occur to me regardless of where I am :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

:eek::eek::eek:
    Men on boards who think it's fine to chat other women and ask inappropriate things, because its online and how would their wives know? tFirst of all - I'm not an insecure girl. I am not flattered by anything some sleezebag old enough to be my parent has to say. Asking for photos isn't a confidence boost and you're not stroking my ego.

Eeeeeek! Gross :(

Men on boards who think it's fine to chat other women and ask inappropriate things, because its online and how would their wives know? First of all - I'm not an insecure girl. I am not flattered by anything some sleezebag old enough to be my parent has to say. Asking for photos isn't a confidence boost and you're not stroking my ego.

To all and sundry.............It was not me:D

Though I would love to know who it was.

Five is a good name for a doggy. And give them all the meat they deserve it too

A cinema is the last place a group NEED to sit together for anyway. You're not supposed to sbe talking during it so stfu and watch the movie

'Twarn't me ayther!! :)

I cooked my dogs dinner last night. My boyfriend had to make himself a sandwich for his dinner. He thinks it's idiotic to make a warm meal for our dogs. I think he's just jealous I love them more.

Hmm. Them dags'll be fine and fat, won't they...

People go on quiz shows and have little general knowledge... What did you expect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Momentary sense of panic - have I said something that might be mis-interpreted?......'Asking for photos' - phew, not me!

My TA today; the woman in the office who repeats anything witty she hears in a monotone voice - like she's trying to understand it - look laugh, groan, don't react, whatever but impersonating an alien hearing their first ever joke is odd!

Ah it's nobody on this thread

Driving for ages around a packed car park, find a spot down the line and then find it's a tiny car parked behind a big car. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

But it's so smooth after though, be like a weirdo asking people to stroke your face to feel how soft it is!

My TA is the fact that every single time I eat, I think of something vile and make myself feel sick.

Black pepper on my food? *lexies brain* - "that looks like mouse shi.t, you're eating mouse shi.t"
    Pasta bake? "Gloopy cum"
    Having soup? "There was probably a mouse running across that wiping his ass with it and his tail and all. You have a piece of a mouses tail in your mouth".

It's completely irrational, but I do it every single time. Even drinking my protein shakes, mid swallow I'll have the vilest thought and start retching.

Oh dear, maybe you're ready for next years I'm a celeb, But they're some random thoughts about food. Pasta bake??????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement