Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

73Cat wrote: »
    I'm not sure the childer would understand :)

Childer takes no notice, beoir! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm having a weird fit of giggles here. Every time I think about "Eisy running off with his mickey out like a horse" I laugh. It's been 6 minutes now. At first my colleagues were like, "oh look, she's smiling" and now they are backing away from me :)

The Happy thread is over there =========>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

jimgoose wrote: »
    Childer takes no notice, beoir! :)

Well if they do, I'ma gonna have to tell em 'twas jimgoose tauld me do it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

These trivially annoying threads have been going downhill since the numbers were messed with, but this latest one is becoming like a script from neighbours.
    For shame people, for shame

dub_skav wrote: »
    These trivially annoying threads have been going downhill since the numbers were messed with, but this latest one is becoming like a script from neighbours.
    For shame people, for shame

Are you trivially annoyed though :) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Are you trivially annoyed though :) ?

No, I'm disappointed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

WTF is going on in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

E has a third leg.
    ONW needs her battery's changed because she's all cuddly and loved up.
    73 has to keep her clothes on until the kids go to bed
    And I'm fabulous

I don't think you missed anything else

E has a third leg.
    And I'm fabulous

Bahahahahaha !!!!

dub_skav wrote: »
    No, I'm disappointed

We need to work on that so :(. All suggestions greatly appreciated ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Driving into work today, a van pulled out of a petrol station and I had to jam on a little as the f*cker just darted out. That was TA.

Then, the van errupt into a plume of smoke, that got thicker and thicker and thicker. Haha karma me thinks, the fooker has put petrol in his diesel or vice versa, or blown a turbo or something bad all to cut me off. Haha fooker. Not TA.

The smoke got so thick, I had to stop dead and blast on the hazards, luckily the car behind done the same. Everything disappeared around me. 0 visibilty. I eventually was able to get past him when smoke started clearing. The reek of exploded engine had filled up my car, so had to drive along in the bejayzusin cold with the windows down to try clear out the stonk. TA.

That was Karma, I put petrol in my diesel car last week and drove over 60km after wit no loss of power or smoke, just wouldn't start up after I stopped. Or that could be the guy using laundered diesel it usually completely f***s up the engine, just blows it. but well timed for you to see..heh-heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

E has a third leg.
    And I'm fabulous

And that's without the overknee spikey heel boots.
    (good for you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Whatever is causing the pain in my hands is making them swell and I had to take my wedding ring off rather than having to cut it off if it gets too tight. Feels really weird without it on my finger.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Threadmill.

Cant get the Spiderman theme song out of my head.

I have a tiny little spider living on plant in downstairs bthroom. Since Ive found him, Ive called him Spider-baby.

Since Ive found him, I singing ''Spider man, Spider man does whatever...''

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Jake1 wrote: »
    Cant get the Spiderman theme song out of my head.

I have a tiny little spider living on plant in downstairs bthroom. Since Ive found him, Ive called him Spider-baby.

Since Ive found him, I singing ''Spider man, Spider man does whatever...''

:rolleyes:

Thanks to Jake, annoyingly, I now can't get the "spider pig, spider pig" lyrics from the Simpsons movie out of my head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

For the second year in a row everyone from one particular group of friends has forgotten my birthday - haven't heard a peep from any of them but for any of their birthdays a huge fuss is made. I'm annoyed that I'm annoyed tbh, I know I shouldn't care but I do!

I did have a lovely day though so that's the main thing :D

Woshy wrote: »
    For the second year in a row everyone from one particular group of friends has forgotten my birthday - haven't heard a peep from any of them but for any of their birthdays a huge fuss is made. I'm annoyed that I'm annoyed tbh, I know I shouldn't care but I do!

Happy Birthday :) Glad you had a lovely day ,feck the lot of them :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Happy Birthday Woshy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Feeling a bit sick the last two days so haven't eaten much.
    Now I'm in bed and starving......and too cosy/lazy to get back up to eat.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Happy birthday Janbabues 4 da win

Feeling a bit sick the last two days so haven't eaten much.
    Now I'm in bed and starving......and too cosy/lazy to get back up to eat.......

Aw, poor critter. Conserve energy and hibernate 'til morning! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Accidentally biting into a grape that has seeds inside. Nothing tasty about grape seeds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Next time you see them, just casually drop into the convo what a FABULOUS time you just had on your birthday. That may motivate some of them to put a reminder in their calenders for next year.

I feel your pain. My birthday is June 2nd. Everyone I know seems to go away for the June bank holiday weekend. So I'll get loads of texts for my birthday, but no one is usually around to actually me around for drink, or make a fuss. They all start ringing me a couple of days afterwards, saying they are sorry they missed by birthday & do I want to go out for drink. No I fcuking well don't, seeing as my birthday was fcucking days ago !!! Then I feel all annoyed for letting myself get annoyed over it.

I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does, as I really push the boat out for other peoples birthdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The "trash" folder in my email - stupid Americanism. It should be called "rubbish".

• Advertisement

Did you get your good news confirmed?

I got half. Half good news :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Is that good or bad news though?!
    I'm not TA at all today which is a TA in itself. Got to work without witnessing one rage inducer. Ye should all do the lotto, it's obviously a very special day

We need to work on that so :(. All suggestions greatly appreciated ;)

If it helps at all, I can run out and take the next bus that comes along... I feel somewhat responsible for the demise of the thread what with all the happy fornication and good news and giggles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I was on a train last night sitting near an American woman and a Dutch guy (with very American sounding English). They weren't being overly loud or anything but by jasus that accent just pierces through your concentration. I wanted to read. I didn't want to hear your conversation about dancing/performance art but god dammit I couldn't zone you out.
    Also why have I ever paid for books. torrents + kindle == free instant books. And due to the file types that books are stored as its unlikely to d/w nasty viruses if your any way careful. Didn't not know this. Not that I ever have or will pirate books......

Two attention seeking árseholes on the luas this morning speaking Irish really loudly. Just shut up. Why do people who can speak Irish always make it into such a big deal? I can speak English* and 2 European languages - but I don't need to tell my fellow commuters this. Idiots.

*after last night's encounter with a full bodied rioja this may not have been strictly true this morning :pac:

• Advertisement

Is that good or bad news though?!
    I'm not TA at all today which is a TA in itself. Got to work without witnessing one rage inducer. Ye should all do the lotto, it's obviously a very special day

Well, it's still good news (great in fact) but just not as good as I thought it would be. But still good :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Well, it's still good news (great in fact) but just not as good as I thought it would be. But still good :o

Great news but still not as good as you thought it would be? Just wtf were you expecting woman? :eek:

T/A bought strawberries they looked gorgeous when I bit into them yuck hard as nails

gramar wrote: »
    Great news but still not as good as you thought it would be? Just wtf were you expecting woman? :eek:

Put it this way. Imagine if you were a little blue because you had no apples. Then, unexpectedly, someone offers you two apples. You are really excited about getting them. It takes ages for them to give you the apples. So you busy yourself wrecking everybody's heads in TTTAY while you await confirmation, Then eventually, they give you one apple.

Half good news :pac:

Put it this way. Imagine if you were a little blue because you had no apples. Then, unexpectedly, someone offers you two apples. You are really excited about getting them. It takes ages for them to give you the apples. So you busy yourself wrecking everybody's heads in TTTAY while you await confirmation, Then eventually, they give you one apple.

Anyone else know what she's talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

"The good news is, you don't have Ebola. The bad news is, you have three months to live."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

She was planning on making cider.

"The good news is, you don't have Ebola. The bad news is, you have three months to live."

Who have you been talking to? :eek:

Um, I *think* she got an apple, but it's hard to tell. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Is '1 Apple' a euphamism for 'getting 1st base'?
    2 Apples = getting 2nd base?

• Advertisement

I think it might be the apple seed she's more interested in. :pac:

The world's gone mad. OldNotWise is smooching a boy and is all loved up. Now she's using apples as a euphamism for doing the bold thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yaaawwwwnnnnn

Morning all, lovely day today.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yaaawwwwnnnnn

Oh here's himself, all fcukan gooey-eyed and dreamy. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I think it might be the apple seed she's more interested in. :pac:

Or interest in something in cider....

:pac:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yaaawwwwnnnnn

Bitter today. Says "yeah" as she breathes in. Oh it could be worse though. Once the rain stays off yammer yammer....

Eisy did your escapades end well last night?

fizzypish wrote: »
    She was planning on making cider.

I think she had some surgery..some sort of code.

Two apples = a nice pair?:D

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Or interest in something in cider....

:pac:

• Advertisement

Eisy did your escapades end well last night?

Hooh yeah!!!

Best two minutes of Mrs E's life:D

Now , if I could just find a stable to have a sleep in;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement