Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Lexie buy shoes instead :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Garlic! The reek of that person's breath this morning.
    Foul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Garlic! The reek of that person's breath this morning.
    Foul!

I think coffee + cigarettes breath is worse.
    It's like a reeking toilet bowl, full of a bowels unwanted kids after a curry frenzy.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    *after last night's encounter with a full bodied rioja this may not have been strictly true this morning :pac:

A full bodied rioja, so thats what wer'e calling this new fella is it...?

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I think coffee + cigarettes breath is worse.
    It's like a reeking toilet bowl, full of a bowels unwanted kids after a curry frenzy.

Touché! That's me out of favour so. I'm now sitting in the garden with a mug of coffee and a cigarette.
    Boy do I feel self conscious right now. Just as well there's nobody within a half mile of me.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

People telling stories about people with special needs, who may not understand the difference between right and wrong nor understand that what they are doing is not acceptable, looking for laughs.
    People who start these stories with "my friend's daughter has special needs... but she's a lovely girl" because people would automatically assume special needs = not lovely girl.

Give me strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

When you get on the Luas and end up standing beside an oddball, in this case a guy who spent the entire journey talking to himself and gesticulating widly with his hands, interspersed with bouts of wild screechy laughter. This in itself is a TA, worrying if he is likely to try to grab a hold of one of your legs and dine on it while sipping on a fruity chardonnay!

But what is even more TA is in between staring at him, all of the other passengers also decided to have a good stare at me, being the person standing closest to him, to gauge my reaction. Never has appearing to be non-chalant been so hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People telling stories about people with special needs, who may not understand the difference between right and wrong nor understand that what they are doing is not acceptable, looking for laughs.
    People who start these stories with "my friend's daughter has special needs... but she's a lovely girl" because people would automatically assume special needs = not lovely girl.

Give me strength.

Almost as bad as "And does he take sugar in his tea?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Log on to check my bank account in the vague hope there might be a bit of loose change rattling about that will get me through till payday - discover a DD that normally goes on the 25th(ish) has already been presented!

So, no lunch and a bounced payment today!

What sort of grinchy company would do a January DD payment run early? It's bound to just lead to more admin work for them.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Had to get the luas this morning and there was a junkie trying to make friends with some poor innocent bloke making his way to work, phrases included "ah I'm only kidding ya skin". It's 7a.m. don't even attempt to talk to me " skin".

I also dislike job interviews!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Touché! That's me out of favour so. I'm now sitting in the garden with a mug of coffee and a cigarette.
    Boy do I feel self conscious right now. Just as well there's nobody within a half mile of me.
    :)

Oh Gawd the bang in here. Was Jaxen Curved Shaver about? :pac:

Vel wrote: »
    When you get on the Luas and end up standing beside an oddball, in this case a guy who spent the entire journey talking to himself and gesticulating widly with his hands, interspersed with bouts of wild screechy laughter. This in itself is a TA, worrying if he is likely to try to grab a hold of one of your legs and dine on it while sipping on a fruity chardonnay!

But what is even more TA is in between staring at him, all of the other passengers also decided to have a good stare at me, being the person standing closest to him, to gauge my reaction. Never has appearing to be non-chalant been so hard!

Yes! I know exactly what you mean! It's the same when something happens like a baby grabs onto your bag or coat and everyone is waiting for you to smile and laugh etc or if someone who might be pregnant or might be old gets on and you're closest to them. Will she give up her seat? Will the fat/young person be offended? Grab the popcorn and coke! :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I made a mistake on a job application. I had the wrong year down for when I finished college. I have never done this before and am quite annoyed at myself for making such a fundamental mistake.
    Dopey f*ck.

Jake1 wrote: »
    A full bodied rioja, so thats what wer'e calling this new fella is it...?

I do love a full bodied rioja with a bit of cheese :D

WiseOldElf don't be so hard on yourself. I've made that mistake myself. It's easy to do when you're nervous.
    Good Luck with the interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I see our euphemisms are moving up-market. So much for beer and kebab, now it's all cheese-and-rideya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

TA'd that I'm disgusting right now. Covered in germs and drowning in phlegm.

Oh Gawd the bang in here. Was Srameen about? :pac:

You mean Mrs S? No, she is visiting old work friends. Hence coffee and cigarette in the garden. If she was here we'd be indoors, as she is always too cold.

I'd better get the mouthwash out before she gets back.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Rosie Rant wrote: »

I thought that said gems. I was thinking being covered in gems sounds okay :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Finding it really hard to write the date today - 21/01/15 keeps coming out as 21/15/15 - still haven't written /14 yet though - which is odd.

• Advertisement

Are you on the DART?

I thought that said gems. I was thinking being covered in gems sounds okay :pac:

Then I'd just be a pretty , sparkly disgusting person :p.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Are you on the DART?

No, not inflicting myself on the public today. You're welcome :D.

once its not knob cheese :D

(grabs coat and legs it....)

No, not inflicting myself on the public today. You're welcome :D.

If you do, don't forget to back hack and swallow loudly and touch as many doors and poles as you can, the ones for holding as opposed to the nationality!

People calling me and asking if I can hold. Why? F.ucking call me when you can talk!

Jake1 wrote: »
    once its not knob cheese :D

(grabs coat and legs it....)

That was kind of the intended pun :pac:

If you do, don't forget to back hack and swallow loudly and touch as many doors and poles as you can, the ones for holding as opposed to the nationality!

Will do. :) *starts practicing back hacking.*

Did you ever blow your nose, and it feels like your left eyeball has been sucked down?
    And you are scared to look in the tissue (pronounced tiss-you just to TA people)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I keep smelling 3 in 1 oil, or something simillar, except we don't have any. I can smell it outside and indoors and it's annoying me now.

Just had a fire drill at work. TA I was the only one not to put on a coat before leaving the building

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Just had a fire drill at work. TA I was the only one not to put on a coat before leaving the building

And you know, "it's very cold out today". I know because 50 f.uckers have already told me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

MsBubbles wrote: »

There was an outcry at the last fire drill I was involved in winter last year as it was about 4PM and virtually everybody picked up coats, bags, car keys etc. for an early departure. One bloke even went out with his coffee mug like that bloke out of Dilbert.

Fire marshals weren't happy bunnys.

Those people who arrive at your desk to ask you something but because you are/look busy they stand back and don't say anything, possibly waiting for you to finish what you are doing before interrupting. You only know they are there because you happen to spot them out of the corner of your eye or hear a little cough or whatever. Well, if they think that I am going engage first they are wrong. They can stay hovering there like an immovable object for the entire day for all I care. You want me, you engage first!

A woman got on the Luas the other day with her sprog. Said sprog, approx 2, big mutton head and rosey red cheeks then proceeded to shout out 'na na' every so often. Cue the mother gawping around the tram with a big smile on her face seeing if any of us were as enthralled by her kid as she was. We weren't. Yet she couldn't help but let those of us in the general vicinity know that he loves bananas and that's why he was repeating it so often.

Well, I just don't know how I have lived up to now without knowing this interesting nugget of information. I was straight on the phone after I alighted the Luas to let my close friends and relatives know about this wonder child.

Spread the word people, there is a child in the Ranelagh area who loves bananas and calls them 'na nas'

• Advertisement

I keep smelling 3 in 1 oil, or something simillar, except we don't have any. I can smell it outside and indoors and it's annoying me now.

If you can smell it indoors and out then it has to be on you.

New perfume?

Pumpkinseeds did you brush against something that has transferred oil onto your clothes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Those people who arrive at your desk to ask you something but because you are/look busy they stand back and don't say anything, possibly waiting for you to finish what you are doing before interrupting. You only know they are there because you happen to spot them out of the corner of your eye or hear a little cough or whatever. Well, if they think that I am going engage first they are wrong. They can stay hovering there like an immovable object for the entire day for all I care. You want me, you engage first!

Can't stop laughing. I know exactly what you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Pumpkin seed oil by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Cue the mother gawping around the tram with a big smile on her face seeing if any of us were as enthralled by her kid as she was.

I hate crap like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

One of those days where my legs seem to be full of niggles for no apparent reason. Grrrrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i get the same bus every day to work and these people who are on it the same time every day and same trip still ask the bus fare and hold up the bus but most annoyingly the then have to go searching for the change

Aches from a fall on ice yesterday. No damage done but I'd love to see how many twists and turns I took, during my scramble, to have aches in neck, shoulder, leg and backside. TA was I warned Mrs S to be careful because it was icy outside and I went flying within 5 minutes of my lecture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

dub_skav wrote: »
    Pumpkin seed oil by any chance?

This is not altogether fool, m'lud. 3-In-1 is actually lemongrass oil. That perchance?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citronella_oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Restless legs.

Breaking bad is TA annoying me. It's nowhere as good as people led me to believe. My heart is broken for Jesse, I want his mam to come give him a hug take him home and make him his favourite dinner, and I can't help but wonder every single time I see Marie, if she's had a filler in her top lip. Walt is an asshole. He doesn't even care about Jesse at all

Ahem, I beg to differ, however if you want to up the game, get yourself the boxset of The Sopranos, and watch it twice. Quick fix in the meantime is House of Cards and /or Orange is the New Black....all good.

A woman got on the Luas the other day with her sprog. Said sprog, approx 2, big mutton head and rosey red cheeks then proceeded to shout out 'na na' every so often. Cue the mother gawping around the tram with a big smile on her face seeing if any of us were as enthralled by her kid as she was. We weren't. Yet she couldn't help but let those of us in the general vicinity know that he loves bananas and that's why he was repeating it so often.

Well, I just don't know how I have lived up to now without knowing this interesting nugget of information. I was straight on the phone after I alighted the Luas to let my close friends and relatives know about this wonder child.

Spread the word people, there is a child in the Ranelagh area who loves bananas and calls them 'na nas'

I thought he was calling her nana but she was obviously too young to be his nana. Had your story been on the red line however, I'd still be a little unsure :P

Orange is the new black is next! E what happens with Jesse??

Lets not spoil it for those who have not seen it yet;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Breaking bad is TA annoying me. It's nowhere as good as people led me to believe. My heart is broken for Jesse, I want his mam to come give him a hug take him home and make him his favourite dinner, and I can't help but wonder every single time I see Marie, if she's had a filler in her top lip. Walt is an asshole. He doesn't even care about Jesse at all

You'll find this is part of the genius of BB when this all turns around.

Also, check out the amount of purple that appears around Marie. Purple purple PURPLE

Trivially annoyed that you cannot register as a bone marrow donor for a family member. You simply join the registry and can be asked to donate to anyone. Why shouldn't we be able to donate to a fmaily member if needs be?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement