Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    God only knows what she is doing in the toilet

Somersaults, by the sound of things:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dana do you work with me?!

My TA is having a sleepover at someones house tonight, and realising my pjs that I packed this morning a) don't match and b) have Winnie the pooh on the top and Minnie mouse on the bottom. I won't be looking very fetching looking like Disney threw up on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

My TA is having a sleepover at someones house tonight, and realising my pjs that I packed this morning a) don't match and b) have Winnie the pooh on the top and Minnie mouse on the bottom. I won't be looking very fetching looking like Disney threw up on me.

W.....T.......F

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Is this something that is happening, or a general TA?

It's a TA that I'm going to look like a simpleton because I lack the foresight to these things until It's too late to do anything about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Lexie can you nip into penney's or dunnes to pick another pj top ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sleepover, really. Do they not stop when girls are around 15 or so??

MsBubbles wrote: »
    Lexie can you nip into penney's or dunnes to pick another pj top ?

Yeah I'm not finished work until 8 so hopefully dunnes will be open on way home

Well I don't know what else to call it? Sleeping at a friends house? Seems a bit long to type when you can sum it up in one word

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

But TA is those junk mail depositors who ignore the sign. :(

Caught one rapid the other day. I delivered his chinese take away menu right back to him while he was busy putting one into my neighbour's letetrbox, who also have a sign :rolleyes:

I live by the rule that if you drop junk mail into my house disregarding the 'no junk mail' sign I will never purchase your goods or use your service!

Good people of TTTAY I'm bored silly. Can do anything for you ?

• Advertisement

I am boards silly as well:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Was going to order a Black Bush on ice, but with the filthy minds in here probably safer not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Was going to order a Black Bush on ice, but with the filthy minds in here probably safer not to.

I've a thirst on me for some craft beer. Something hoppy. I could murder a Galway Hooker!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I feel so left out today because nothing is annoying me.

Ah, TTTAY the gift that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

The same name spelled differently. Emer/Eimear

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I've a thirst on me for some craft beer. Something hoppy. I could murder a Galway Hooker!! :pac:

Q. How many dead hookers can you fit in a 12 x 8 shed?

A. Two more, if I move my lawnmower

Ok, Ok I stole it from the joke thread.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

how are you at grouting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    ...Ok, Ok I stole it from the joke thread.

The Dragon's Den/Thing-Basher one is ruddy hilarious! :pac::pac::pac:

Boom-Bap I've never used grout before but I'll gladly give it a whirl

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom-Bap I've never used grout before but I'll gladly give it a whirl

there's a joke about filling in cracks here somewhere

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    The Dragon's Den/Thing-Basher one is ruddy hilarious! :pac::pac::pac:

Noisiest thing in the world?

A skeleton having a **** in a biscuit tin:D

C,mon, it's a slow day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Aw how old is the little one OldNotWise ?

Ah no, in work! lol

I used to work in a few hostels around Dublin many years ago. Part of the job was to checkup on the toilets around the reception area and give them a tidy if they are out of shape.

Mens toilet - the odd blockage.

Womens toilet - piss and **** and blood and tissue and hair and makeup residue and many a blockage and hair bobbins everywhere. And those hair clip things too, the noise they make when being hoovered up.

Savages, women are savages in the jacks.

Still love yiz all.

Well, sometimes you've no other choice when you don't wanna get caught with someone :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

Vel wrote: »
    Caught one rapid the other day. I delivered his chinese take away menu right back to him while he was busy putting one into my neighbour's letetrbox, who also have a sign :rolleyes:

I live by the rule that if you drop junk mail into my house disregarding the 'no junk mail' sign I will never purchase your goods or use your service!

I doubt the guy delivering the leaflets really gives a **** though - they're not his goods or services.

Probably being paid a pittance by a mail drop company who have been hired by the chinese take away to deliver menus on their behalf.

Aglomerado wrote: »

I have a TA about beer!

Drove to the boozer on Friday night, drank some non alco wheat beer. It was actually quite tasty.
    But f*ck me, I was awake half the night, they must replace the alcohol with liquid crack or uppers or speed or something else from Hunter S Thompsons case in Fear & Loathing.

Boom-Bap are you pregnant ? ;);)

She's back soon. I feel like I have to get all my music and boards posts in asap! :(

Oh no OldNotWise. It's going to be loike totes awky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,537 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I used to work in a few hostels around Dublin many years ago. Part of the job was to checkup on the toilets around the reception area and give them a tidy if they are out of shape.

Mens toilet - the odd blockage.

Womens toilet - piss and **** and blood and tissue and hair and makeup residue and many a blockage and hair bobbins everywhere. And those hair clip things too, the noise they make when being hoovered up.

Savages, women are savages in the jacks.

Still love yiz all.

Stayed in a Dublin hostel over Xmas, one morning the wash hand basin contained a yellowish liquid and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Capri Sun.

Who the fcuk actually does this?

• Advertisement

Boom-Bap are you pregnant ? ;);)

I have what I would estimate a 6 pound brown trout inside me that I will 'birth' once I finish my teaching duties for the day. I dont think that counts as prenancy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I have what I would estimate a 6 pound brown trout inside me that I will 'birth' once I finish my teaching duties for the day. I dont think that counts as prenancy though.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

People starting sentences with the word 'So'. I've noticed it more and more over the last few months, particularly people explaining things on radio shows (guests on Matt Cooper being the biggest offenders!).

Also, while I'm at it, your man Chris Donoghue on the morning show on Newstalk. ChrisT, thaT chap really overpronounces his "T's".

Boom-Bap EW ! Over the whole Chris and Ivan 'banter'

TA'd because I know there will be only 'Clint Eastwood' toilet paper in the toilet in the office.

Oh no OldNotWise. It's going to be loike totes awky

Plus I keep getting naughty emails from my boy. Weird awkward moments when those pop up on the screen....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I doubt the guy delivering the leaflets really gives a **** though - they're not his goods or services.

Probably being paid a pittance by a mail drop company who have been hired by the chinese take away to deliver menus on their behalf.

Whatever! The restaurant should be more careful about the companies they employ to deliver their junk mail!

TA'd because I know there will be only 'Clint Eastwood' toilet paper in the toilet in the office.

Rough and tough, and takes no sh1t from anybody!:D

Thanks Eisenberg1. I was about to ask what Clint Eastwood toilet paper was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Rough and tough, and takes no sh1t from anybody!:D

These days it could be construed as:

Wrinkly, and award winning that makes you sit down through great crap for 2 hours

Im off home shortly so I will see you lot later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

My faulty phone just did a factory reset on itself, I have lost all my information. More then trivially annoyed, am fit to kick something:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Trying to find a rental property that will accept pets is more than a TA :(
    I'm not gonna give my 2 cats away even if it means having less than ideal living conditions.
    Also trivially annoyed that if we were evenly sized they would eat me in a heartbeat :-/

People who can't put their phone down for more than a few seconds. Cmon. Texting and answering two phone calls in a 30 minute facial? Jesus weeps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,218 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Zanablue wrote: »
    My faulty phone just did a factory reset on itself, I have lost all my information. More then trivially annoyed, am fit to kick something:(

Any chance it's an Android phone and you had your Gmail account on it? Your contacts could still possibly be synced to your Gmail account online. Your photos should still be on the memory card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The painkillers my GP prescribed last week haven't helped and I'm almost out of them. TA, can't decide whether to go back to GP tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Alarm going off this morn at 4.30am as usual, sitting up in the bed, an nodded off, wake in panic 1hr 15min to get from my adopted hinterland of Uíbh Fhailí to work in Dublin, but whats outside? -1 and FLIPPIN FOG, cant see 3 car lengths.
    Back roads cant see bends, M7 almost as bad N7 bit better, Nightline courier flew by, must have being doing 100kmh X-ray specs or something, M50 was clear phew, Made work at 6.05 (5 min late)
    Back in hinterland again now
    Bring on tomorrow...brrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Realising that a canned food product that you bought does not have a ring pull and your can opener isn't worth a toss!

ratmouse wrote: »
    Realising that a canned food product that you bought does not have a ring pull and your can opener isn't worth a toss!

have you got a saw? saw the lid off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

For some reason today my phone keeps logging me out of Boards, despite using the stay logged in option as always. Every time I log back in , with gritted teeth, it brings me back to the beginning of a thread rather than where I was last. Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!

Getting older and how much things change in a year. It's the 22nd of jan which means I should be 22 bottles of wine into the new year. And I haven't had a drop. And when I think back to last year? Raves, parties, up all night and going to work wrote off. Now I get up at a time I wouldn't have even been in bed at on the weekends. I need to freeze time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement