Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Lexie getting older catches up with us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Getting in to work at 7:55 thinking that you have no meetings until after lunch....only to discover that some pedantic paddy has put an urgent meeting in the calendar for 8am.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Parents who plead with their young children to behave themselves in restaurants or place of calm and generally let themselves be controlled by the kids for fear of the kid throwing a major strop.

Trigger Happy at least you were on time for 8am meeting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Annoying noisy car wipers!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ratmouse wrote: »
    Annoying noisy car wipers!

The whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriing noise some engines make when a car is idling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

LUAS TA's...

1.The blast of cold air every time the luas doors open.

2.The way people won't move down the aisles.

3.People jumping on before others have got off.

4. People who keep forgetting that when the luas pulls off, they will be thrown slightly, and forget to hold onto anything and do that stupid f.ucking backwards run a couple of steps

5. Fat people/people with bags who try to squeeze down the aisle and take the head off you with their bag

6. The constant stream of people pushing past you to get down the aisle. Why? Why the f.uck do they do this? If they are staying in the aisle, that can house a maximum of six people. So, if there are more than six (and there are usually around twenty of those f.uckers), the only explanation is that they are coming out the other side od the aisle. But sure the other side will be just as crammed as the one they damn well came from. ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting next to some guy eating porridge from a lunch box on the train this morning. Practically an entire field of oats in this lunch box and then when he yawned I could smell his really terrible breath. You'd really wonder about some people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pregnant woman gets on the tube at Euston, looks like she's struggling. Overweight woman sitting in priority seat visibly looks at her hand for the presence or absence of ring, sees none, gives a dirty look and raises newspaper. What a bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Pregnant woman gets on the tube at Euston, looks like she's struggling. Overweight woman sitting in priority seat visibly looks at her hand for the presence or absence of ring, sees none, gives a dirty look and raises newspaper. What a bitch.

What a wagon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

People thinking everything is about them.
    I've a lot going on in my head at the moment and probably seem a bit distant or distracted and <snip> has asked me 3 times this week if she did something to upset me and everytime I say no not at all she seems satisfied with the answer until she asks again. Feck off.
    (I also have a sneaking suspicion that she keeps asking because she thinks I'm going to tell her all my secrets, dream on.)

Going into a shop for one thing (a lighter for candles) and coming out with half the shop, and forgetting the lighter. Grrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,537 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriing noise some engines make when a car is idling.

If you didn't have that noise you would have a fcuked-up car.

All your bills coming together, pet insurance, bike insurance and new chain and sprockets for the bike today :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

All your bills coming together, pet insurance, bike insurance and new chain and sprockets for the bike today :(

What sort of bike is it?

• Advertisement

Getting in to work at 7:55 thinking that you have no meetings until after lunch....only to discover that some pedantic paddy has put an urgent meeting in the calendar for 8am.....

That drives me absolutely fcukan INSANE!! What kind of deluded self-important head-case has meetings at that unearthly hour?? :mad:

jimgoose wrote: »
    What sort of bike is it?

Hornet 600.

Hornet 600.

Very tidy. Chap in Cork here at morrisonbhp.net does parts and consumables by post. Highly recommended and very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

That drives me absolutely fcukan INSANE!! What kind of deluded self-important head-case has meetings at that unearthly hour?? :mad:

Tell me about it. My last client was Japanese. They started getting pissed off when I refused to attend calls with them before 8am.
    They needed me more than I needed them so they quickly got over it.

Moany bitches. I like to moan, it's my favourite thing to do but jesus, people just nitpicking for the sake of having something to be unhappy about. One of the girls took this lady in earlier for a tint. She came out demanding to speak to a manager. I'm thinking **** what could possibly go wrong with a tint? Her problem? The chair was slippy. Wtf? many many people have sat in those chairs and they've been fine so I apologised for the slippy (?) chair, then she complains that it takes too long to mix the tint so the tint should be mixed in advance. Oh I'm sorry we can't read your mind to know what colour you're having done, and pre mixed tint will wash off within a week.

Jesus some people are complete donkeys. Why? Why would you be even bothered?

• Advertisement

Women who have trolleys even though they are too young to really have them. They're around the 55-60 age group. Constantly foostering and messing trying to navigate doors and buses etc. Wheeling around god knows what. Or buggies. Buggies to carry around their bags of shíte that they've picked up in Boyers or Guineys. Usually a load of tattered envelopes with a see-through shower cap over them too. Barren aul wans wheeling around empty buggies. The irony is not lost on me.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Women who have trolleys even though they are too young to really have them. They're around the 55-60 age group. Constantly foostering and messing trying to navigate doors and buses etc. Wheeling around god knows what. Or buggies. Buggies to carry around their bags of shíte that they've picked up in Boyers or Guineys. Usually a load of tattered envelopes with a see-through shower cap over them too. Barren aul wans wheeling around empty buggies. The irony is not lost on me.

I'll be honest with you here, I'd fooking love one of those trolleys but I'm only 27. You know when you're out shopping and you've got a load of bags and they're all different sizes and they're getting heavy, those trolleys just sound like the best thing ever.
    However, ideally I would like an adult sized pram for someone to push me around in while I shop, you know the ones that you can lie back and have a snooze and then when you're ready for all the shopping action again they click up into the seating position?

(Despite sounding like the laziest fooker ever, I'm not actually 25 stone, I do not wash myself with a rag on a stick.)

Imagine you're out shopping and out of the corner of your eye you see a relatively large pram coming along with adult sized converse sticking out the end and you peep in and there's 26sdrawkcab having a take away cappucino while being pushed around or there's 26sdrawkcab having a little nap. I can just imagine all the parents who love to comment on their adorable kids looking in at me and saying "ah would you look at her, like an angel when she's asleep".

This reminds me of an old lady, years and years ago, in our town who used to wheel around this massive pram that would be just full of crap. You never would see her without it. Anyway, a teacher from my brothers school, bit dopey by all accounts, was at an atm this one time, and the old lady had left the buggy outside a shop. At the top of our town (where the shop was) there is a slope down a good bit of the street. The atm was also on this slope. So the buggy flies past the teacher and she ran after it, thinking there was a child in it, but turns out it was just the old lady's pram full of rubbish.

I'll be honest with you here, I'd fooking love one of those trolleys but I'm only 27. You know when you're out shopping and you've got a load of bags and they're all different sizes and they're getting heavy, those trolleys just sound like the best thing ever.
    However, ideally I would like an adult sized pram for someone to push me around in while I shop, you know the ones that you can lie back and have a snooze and then when you're ready for all the shopping action again they click up into the seating position?

(Despite sounding like the laziest fooker ever, I'm not actually 25 stone, I do not wash myself with a rag on a stick.)

Yes I sometimes find myself looking enviously at a baby all wrapped up in a buggy, giant padded coat with feet and a hood, and a plastic cover over them as they sleep soundly while us grown up f.uckers get rained on and blown about the place :D

Yes I sometimes find myself looking enviously at a baby all wrapped up in a buggy, giant padded coat with feet and a hood, and a plastic cover over them as they sleep soundly while us grown up f.uckers get rained on and blown about the place :D

Those baby grow things are the only cute thing about babies. You know when you can just barely see their eyes and a big soother that takes up half their face sticking out?

I tell you I'd be happy out in my adult sized pram in my giant baby grow minus the soother.

That's why you bring the OH with you (or a friend with a baby so she can put the bags under the buggy and on the handles).

Love when someone comes to tesco with me so they carry the basket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Those baby grow things are the only cute thing about babies. You know when you can just barely see their eyes and a big soother that takes up half their face sticking out?

I tell you I'd be happy out in my adult sized pram in my giant baby grow minus the soother.

And don't forget the giant nappies...:D

That's why you bring the OH with you (or a friend with a baby so she can put the bags under the buggy and on the handles).

Love when someone comes to tesco with me so they carry the basket

If we go shopping together we both always have our helmets with us so we're minus one arm each before we even start.

Those are bike helmets by the way, not special fighting the crowds shopping helmets.

ratmouse wrote: »
    Realising that a canned food product that you bought does not have a ring pull and your can opener isn't worth a toss!

ratmouse, saw this thought of you ( well your post :)

:eek:

https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/558425966310334465/photo/1

If we go shopping together we both always have our helmets with us so we're minus one arm each before we even start.

Those are bike helmets by the way, not special fighting the crowds shopping helmets.

Thats a great idea, a special shopping helmet, gladiator style, with big trident for poking fcukers outa the way :D

Running thru the Ilac "I am Spartacus, make way, peasants"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Any chance it's an Android phone and you had your Gmail account on it? Your contacts could still possibly be synced to your Gmail account online. Your photos should still be on the memory card.

Thanks for trying to help but unfortunately I don't have a gmail account. My husband was able to recover photo's and some numbers but not all. Have a new phone on order so I will make sure I have a gmail account for that.

Getting old. Does it f.ucking speed up as it goes along or something? The time from 20-25 was waaaaaaaaaaay more than 25-30?!! Why?? :( How has no one quantified or even questioned this phenomenon yet? Oh God... I need to dye my hair, freeze my eggs, start a pension, go out and get wasted while my body can still cope and sleep around while men still want said body. And then some self-righteous knobend says "oooh, it's better than the alternative" - f.uck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Getting old. Does it f.ucking speed up as it goes along or something? The time from 20-25 was waaaaaaaaaaay more than 25-30?!! Why?? :(

In actual fact, yes! Years will be shorter as you grow older, there's scientific studies done and all... To explain it simply:

When you are 2 years old 1 year = half of your life;
    Wen you are 50 years old 1 year = 1/50 of your life.

Therefore years will get shorter and shorter as you age. Of course it's still 365 and a quarter days, but the perception of it will be shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Getting old. Does it f.ucking speed up as it goes along or something? The time from 20-25 was waaaaaaaaaaay more than 25-30?!! Why?? :( How has no one quantified or even questioned this phenomenon yet? Oh God... I need to dye my hair, freeze my eggs, start a pension, go out and get wasted while my body can still cope and sleep around while men still want said body. And then some self-righteous knobend says "oooh, it's better than the alternative" - f.uck off.

Life does seem to fly by as you get older and then when you have kids it goes even faster. I had babies and now I have preteens and a teenager and when I look at photo's I wonder where the years went, its frightening:(

When my limp is bad and I'm walking along on my own I look pathetic!
    (Another reason for the adult sized pram with personal butler.)

"Well, my friends are gone, and my hair is grey,
    I ache in places where I used to play
    And I'm crazy for love and I'm not comin on,
    I'm just paying my rent every day, in the Tower of song"

- Leonard Cohen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,218 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Jake1 wrote: »
    ratmouse, saw this thought of you ( well your post :)

:eek:

https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/558425966310334465/photo/1

I can't see this frickin' tweet! Expand dammit! :mad:

I really do hope I'm not the only one who can't see it, otherwise this could be awkward :pac:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ3lw-eNrFk

this always cheers me up. Has penis reference so might not be suitable for being played out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Feeling like you are being interviewed while just buying something in a shop.
    'Have you got a loyalty card?'...'No'...'Would you like to sign up for a loyalty card?'....'No' 'Would you like cash back?'.....'No'...' Will I put the receipt in the bag?'
    F***N HELL, life is complicated enough!

• Advertisement

26drawkscab hail fellow limper ! My TA today is Alexa Cheung. WTAF ? She's pretty but I think her dress sense is apauling but all the UK fashion mags lurve her. I don't get it

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Thats a great idea, a special shopping helmet, gladiator style, with big trident for poking fcukers outa the way :D

Running thru the Ilac "I am Spartacus, make way, peasants"

Nice technique. Being a tall bony cunnox I like to do more of an Edward Longshanks Plantagenet on it, with a full suit of armour featuring a big red cross, a jousting-lance and a broadsword. "One is the King, you know. Begone, heathens!!" :D

I'm TA that I never did the whole going crazy thing when I was young...always felt kind of smug about it tbh, but now, when I am old enough to know better..I'm starting to do all the crazy shít. It feels like a weird kind of third life crisis or something. :(

I'm TA that I never did the whole going crazy thing when I was young...always felt kind of smug about it tbh, but now, when I am old enough to know better..I'm starting to do all the crazy shít. It feels like a weird kind of third life crisis or something. :(

If it makes you feel any better I've never acted my age and never will. I'm still a bit persona non-grata around here over falling off the chungfellit-oop-t'road's 50cc scooter thing a couple years ago while showing him how to wheelie it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

If it makes you feel any better I've never acted my age and never will. I'm still a bit persona non-grata around here over falling off the chungfellit-oop-t'road's 50cc scooter thing a couple years ago while showing him how to wheelie it. :pac:

To be fair, you're not supposed to bring those things indoors.

When you start emailing someone you've been banging and then decide against it and the message "do you want to save changes" takes on a whole new meaning....

• Advertisement

dub_skav wrote: »
    To be fair, you're not supposed to bring those things indoors.

I have a long hallway. :D

I have a long hallway. :D

Snort :D

I suppose going upstairs on the bus is next:D

Or a year off, to find yourself............and smoking bananas in a hut in India.

People hating on other peoples eyebrows

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I suppose going upstairs on the bus is next:D

Or a year off, to find yourself............and smoking bananas in a hut in India.

The whole "crazy young tearabout" bit is overrated and bloody hard work. I suggest finding a moderate level of Mental Bastard that works for you, and put a little effort into maintaining that well into old age. Much more satisfying. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement