Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I...feel....hammered....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I...feel....hammered....

Not in any positive sense, I take it?

:o OOPs sorry for shyte link earlier regarding ratmouse and tin can :)

heres a new shiny clean fresh link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2921382/Mother-s-shock-finding-unidentified-sea-creature-staring-opening-Princes-tuna.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,218 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Jake1 wrote: »
    :o OOPs sorry for shyte link earlier regarding ratmouse and tin can :)

heres a new shiny clean fresh link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2921382/Mother-s-shock-finding-unidentified-sea-creature-staring-opening-Princes-tuna.html

Jaysus! :eek:

That last picture... one for the "nope" thread! Same reason I can't eat shrimp or prawns, those beady eyes ;(

jimgoose wrote: »
    I have a long hallway. :D

thought briefly about mentioning mrsgoose' porch..and decided against it :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

People who say "haa?" instead of "what?"

That's why you have to lift the front, you see - to get over the PVC door-ledge thing without upending. Not easy with about as much power as a Green Party backbencher. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Yes I sometimes find myself looking enviously at a baby all wrapped up in a buggy, giant padded coat with feet and a hood, and a plastic cover over them as they sleep soundly while us grown up f.uckers get rained on and blown about the place :D

Try being the fcuker pushing that buggy and the little ungrateful sh1t inside spends the entire time having a complete hissy fit because they don't want to be in the warm, cosy cocoon that you would kill to be in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What about "Huh?"

Not in any positive sense, I take it?

Hum no that was last week. Damn. I hate the randomness of life in that regard. Last week I wasn't even thinking about him and then he emailed and asked me over and I though....wtf? Now, a week later I can't stop thinking about him and his er...hammer, and he's all fu.cking la la la la

• Advertisement

Hum no that was last week. Damn. I hate the randomness of life in that regard. Last week I wasn't even thinking about him and then he emailed and asked me over and I though....wtf? Now, a week later I can't stop thinking about him and his er...hammer, and he's all fu.cking la la la la

Right - time to go thermonuclear. Break out the four-inch heels, pencil-skirt and killer top. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭irish_dave_83

Standard iphone cables need to be 5cm longer.

Standard iphone cables need to be 5cm longer.

You can extend them as be playsin' you with a USB Standard-A lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Don't overthink it. If it's making you happy, go with it. Trying to think about what might be/what will happen with fwb will only serve to wreck your head. Have fun, make him take you fun places, and most importantly, familiarise yourself with the hammer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Cormac... wrote: »
    What about "Huh?"

I see "huh?" as being a shocked/confused response and possibly natural. "haa?" on the other hand gives me a mental image of someone slackjawed and completely lacking the brainpower to speak properly if confronted with something they don't immediately understand.

Don't overthink it. If it's making you happy, go with it. Trying to think about what might be/what will happen with fwb will only serve to wreck your head. Have fun, make him take you fun places, and most importantly, familiarise yourself with the hammer.

Stop - Hammer Time!! :D

Right - time to go thermonuclear. Break out the four-inch heels, pencil-skirt and killer top. :cool:

That may interfere with my nonchalent act....

That may interfere with my nonchalent act....

Au contraire, my chronologically-challenged unenlightened* mucker. I've seen women "Nonchalant" a hole in a gable-end using that very clobber. ;)

* "Posh" for Old not Wise!

I actually think I'm a little heartbroken right now. Didn't even know I had one.

B.astard.

• Advertisement

Being indecisive, and hungry. I only have the thought capacity to be one thing at a time

I actually think I'm a little heartbroken right now. Didn't even know I had one.

B.astard.

Best way to get over one is to get under another one. And if I wasn't in such a mess that I find myself in right now, Id be doing exactly that too.

I want to flee to the bathroom with a power ballad playing in my ear and cry my eyes out. Wtf? How did I let someone get in on me like that?

* If I don't get the other in the next ten days, he's still dead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

OldNotWise If he's from Drimnagh don't let him put it in ya

Best way to get over one is to get under another one. And if I wasn't in such a mess that I find myself in right now, Id be doing exactly that too.

Aye there's plenty willing but you know...there's only one of him.

Oh for f.uck sake :(

MsBubbles wrote: »
    OldNotWise If he's from Drimnagh don't let him put it in ya

He's from....where the hell is he from? Somewhere in Down, but grew up in Scotland. Accent = f.cuking heartmelt :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

OldNotWise nordy/scottish accent I'd be in a puddle. No wonder you fell for him

Getting down to the last three sweets in the packet, taking them out and going to the bin to throw the empty packet in the bin. Except I threw the sweets, the last three sweets in the entire building, into the bin. I'm RAGING. God. Furious. Annoyed doesn't even begin to decribe my feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I said a few days ago that this thread was getting like an episode of Neighbours.
    It's more like Sweet Valley High now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I thought she drove a Ferrari:confused:

B.astard.

Thats men for ya.................bastards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The amount of men growing stupid beards. Conformist mindless sheep the lot of 'em.

dub_skav wrote: »
    I said a few days ago that this thread was getting like an episode of Neighbours.
    It's more like Sweet Valley High now[/QUOTE

I have never watched either, are they any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Duke Special.

/close thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

This is quite common in the north west, especially Sligo.

MsBubbles wrote: »
    OldNotWise nordy/scottish accent I'd be in a puddle. No wonder you fell for him

Damn him :( He's so....perfect. ffs I want my old life back. When we were friends and I didn't care how I looked/felt around him. In fact I rememebr the first time we took the luas home together and I thought, Oh Gawd, neew guy...now I have to make small talk with him. I feel like I've been evicted from my own life :(

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Thats men for ya.................bastards!

Are they really? I mean, honestly...from a guy's point of view...do they just see someone they want, take it (once) and then that's it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Getting down to the last three sweets in the packet, taking them out and going to the bin to throw the empty packet in the bin. Except I threw the sweets, the last three sweets in the entire building, into the bin. I'm RAGING. God. Furious. Annoyed doesn't even begin to decribe my feelings.

I finished the last of my 4 boxes of Lindt chocs that I had for Christmas, devastated, flaming price of them in Dunnes now..

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

People who stop directly at the top / bottom of the escalator to have a look around.

I don't care how old you are, I'm going through you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

skinnie wrote: »
    People who stop directly at the top / bottom of the escalator to have a look around.

I don't care how old you are, I'm going through you.

That's seriously bugs the sh1te out of me. answering their phone, seens someone they know going up the other one and stop fricken dead. grrrr.

Are they really? I mean, honestly...from a guy's point of view...do they just see someone they want, take it (once) and then that's it?

Aw no, we are not all the same;)

• Advertisement

Aw no, we are not all the same;)

Well. That's a yes if ever there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

selous wrote: »
    That's seriously bugs the sh1te out of me. answering their phone, seens someone they know going up the other one and stop fricken dead. grrrr.

I've decided it annoys me more than people stopping directly at the door after they leave (which does twist my nipples), because at least there isn't an unstoppable mechanical device pushing people out the door, unlike the escalator.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

dub_skav wrote: »
    It's more like Sweet Valley High now

I have never watched either, are they any good?

I've been on Ramsey Street, I've been at Erinsborough High. They are not really called them in real life, but I've been there.
    I even done the bull dance with the Ramsey St. street sign post.
    Neighbours ruled.

And for you girls talking about being single and the what not, i'm going to give you some advice. This is the type of advice that keeps me out of the PI forum. Bang everything. :pac:

Personally, no. To be honest with you I think a lot of younger fellas tend to run like that - mainly because they're at the age when the small, um, mallet is thinking instead of the larger mallet. Most of us grow out of it soon enough. Chin (and killer heels) up, beoir! ;)

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ...And for you girls talking about being single and the what not, i'm going to give you some advice. This is the type of advice that keeps me out of the PI forum. Bang everything. :pac:

Lock'n'load, safety off, full-auto. Right, BB?? :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    And for you girls talking about being single and the what not, i'm going to give you some advice. This is the type of advice that keeps me out of the PI forum. Bang everything. :pac:

Absolute agreement!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

People get far too excited when they're in the NCT centre. Up and down looking out the window to see where their car is, giving constant updates to whoever's with them, reading out where their car is from the screen, repeating "please god it'll pass now" to whoever makes eye contact.

I might also be slightly TA that my car didn't pass....but mainly cos of the idiots in the waiting room!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Been there! Picture the most amazing looking cupcake that you have been salivating over the thoughts of all day. I unwrapped it, horsed the cake into the bin and put the wrapper on my plate :rolleyes: I actually would have fished it out except for the fact that it was sitting on top of a mound of raw chicken

whitewave wrote: »
    People get far too excited when they're in the NCT centre. Up and down looking out the window to see where their car is, giving constant updates to whoever's with them, reading out where their car is from the screen, repeating "please god it'll pass now" to whoever makes eye contact.

I might also be slightly TA that my car didn't pass....but mainly cos of the idiots in the waiting room!

It's not a matter of life-and-death, it's much more important. It's like expectant fatherhood, only more so. It's <grits teeth like Clint Eastwood> personal, God-dammit!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

whitewave wrote: »

Want to know the secret to the NCT test? I seen some legends doing this the last time I was there.

Stop at the McDonalds drive thru on the way, dine in squalor at the NCT waiting area. Everyone, and I mean everyone will go through a range of emotions looking at you. Mostly jealousy.
    They dont know wether to yo-yo to the window to see thier car or try guess what you are going to pull out of your Mickey D's bag next.

My TA is that I didn't come up with this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement