Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that annoy you Part 27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Want to know the secret to the NCT test? I seen some legends doing this the last time I was there.

Stop at the McDonalds drive thru on the way, dine in squalor at the NCT waiting area. Everyone, and I mean everyone will go through a range of emotions looking at you. Mostly jealousy.
    They dont know wether to yo-yo to the window to see thier car or try guess what you are going to pull out of your Mickey D's bag next.

My TA is that I didn't come up with this.

That is... so beautiful. <sniff>.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Heh, I'm sniggering to myself as I've seen a few TA's that are things that I do :).

My TA, everything is distracting me today, I'm a woman on the edge . Windscreen wipers too loud, radio too loud, traffic mental . I had taped One Million Dubliners ages ago, and watched it this morning when I eventually had time. Brilliant , but I remembered the lovely historian who did the tours at Glasnevin, had died, and I'm in bits since. TA'd that I let stuff like that get to me. And really TA'd that I didn't take the tour a few years back, as I had planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's quite annoying that there isn't something around that you could try different things out as a trial run. My friend wants me to let her make me blonde but I don't know if blonde hair would even suit me and I'm so annoyed that I can't look into the future see myself that colour and then make a decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

My nct is coming up soon. The whole experience will definitely be less TA now I have found this thread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

73Cat wrote: »
    Heh, I'm sniggering to myself as I've seen a few TA's that are things that I do :).

My TA, everything is distracting me today, I'm a woman on the edge . Windscreen wipers too loud, radio too loud, traffic mental . I had taped One Million Dubliners ages ago, and watched it this morning when I eventually had time. Brilliant , but I remembered the lovely historian who did the tours at Glasnevin, had died, and I'm in bits since. TA'd that I let stuff like that get to me. And really TA'd that I didn't take the tour a few years back, as I had planned.

Great show, I am the first to slag off RTE, but they really nailed it with this program. You have me welling up now, bloody hormones:D

• Advertisement

lolo62 wrote: »
    My nct is coming up soon. The whole experience will definitely be less TA now I have found this thread! :)

Horse inta it, gel. Jaws of the Kodiak Bear!! :)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Great show, I am the first to slag off RTE, but they really nailed it with this program. You have me welling up now, bloody hormones:D

Big fookan Jessie!

jimgoose wrote: »
    Big fookan Jessie!

Just because I am comfortable with my feminine side;)

Does my ass look big in these?

Just because I am comfortable with my feminine side;)

Does my ass look big in these?

Yor ass looks no bigger in those than in anything else, pet. May I suggest the Forth Bridge? :)

jimgoose wrote: »
    Yor ass looks no bigger in those than in anything else, pet. May I suggest the Forth Bridge? :)

Thats it!! You can go out on your own, AND you are sleeping in the spare room.:mad:

• Advertisement

Thats it!! You can go out on your own, AND you are sleeping in the spare room.:mad:

He shoots, he scores!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

SOAFB. Unnecessary sign language on programmes. I recorded something on BBC 4 and when I sat down to watch it, low and behold there's some fella in the corner signing. FFS, there are options available to have subtitles for the deaf on most channels. It fcuking ruined it and I deleted the damn thing after a minute since the signing is too distracting.

Noisey eaters. People who sound like they're inhaling their food. Over the chatter, the noise of the train and the guy next to me sniffling, I can STILL hear your wan smacking her lips, sucking the juice from the orange shes trying to inhale, and then chomping on it, Jesus Christ. Now she's picking at her teeth with her fingers. Disgusting excuse for a human being. Save for the chomping, the way she's carrying on with that Orange id give her oral skills an A.

Why do people eat on public transport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

People acting like they own the bloody place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Lexie are you sure it wasn't a grapefruit ? :D

I read on the stars problem page yesterday where someone's boyfriend had two accidents in the space of a few weeks, one with the suction of a Hoover and one with some fruit from a fruit salad. I was wondering if it was a grapefruit too!!

Ugh - someone was killed on the train line this evening, all the trains are backed up. Of course there's an aul one going around complaining about the delay (hello, someone died) and also seems fascinated wondering if it was suicide, sure it must have been suicide, sure they'd never get the whole lot of you after you were hit with a train. Oh right. That's a nice image. Nice respect for the family the train driver and the deceased too. The blue rinse brigade love a good tragedy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Bord Gais rebranding to Gas Networks Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

SOAFB. Unnecessary sign language on programmes. I recorded something on BBC 4 and when I sat down to watch it, low and behold there's some fella in the corner signing. FFS, there are options available to have subtitles for the deaf on most channels. It fcuking ruined it and I deleted the damn thing after a minute since the signing is too distracting.

So irritating!! That happens to me all the time and I always delete it, it's so distracting. Subtitles would surely the better solution here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Friday night and not one decent thing in TV. Over 100 channels and nothing worth watching. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Friday night and not one decent thing in TV. Over 100 channels and nothing worth watching. :(
    Try Benidorm on UTV

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

curioser wrote: »
    Try Benidorm on UTV

Oh, I can't abide that programme!

But thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I wonder will they have to rename the Bord Gais Energy Theatre now in line with this?! As it is, a theatre being called the Bord Gais Energy Theatre is a TA for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

whitewave wrote: »
    People get far too excited when they're in the NCT centre. Up and down looking out the window to see where their car is, giving constant updates to whoever's with them, reading out where their car is from the screen, repeating "please god it'll pass now" to whoever makes eye contact.

I might also be slightly TA that my car didn't pass....but mainly cos of the idiots in the waiting room!

Was getting my car NCT'd in the Tullamore branch some years back and half ear-wigging to a guy giving out to the guy who failed his car, he points to another car and says "My car failed on (didn't hear) and that fookin car has the steering wheel on the wrong fookin side, which is more of a hazard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Have they? I remember I was sorting out a gas connection for a gaff some time last year and I'd to call Gas Networks Ireland to get connected to the grid?

I also got a text this morning from Three, apparently O2 customers will be joining "me" soon. Just what an already oversubscribed network needs - more subscriptions. The first time I got a 4G phone last year the network speed was ridiculously fast, 50Mb/s. Now it's usually around 20Mb/s, still quite fast, but a fair step down!

Have they? I remember I was sorting out a gas connection for a gaff some time last year and I'd to call Gas Networks Ireland to get connected to the grid?

I also got a text this morning from Three, apparently O2 customers will be joining "me" soon. Just what an already oversubscribed network needs - more subscriptions. The first time I got a 4G phone last year the network speed was ridiculously fast, 50Mb/s. Now it's usually around 20Mb/s, still quite fast, but a fair step down!

Mmm. Hutchinson Telecom joining Telefonica, infrastructure-wise. Theoretically it should work well, but this is Ireland... :)

Waiting for the water from the hot tap to heat up as I'm too precious to put my hands under the freezing cold water to wash my mitts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

ratmouse wrote: »
    Waiting for the water from the hot tap to heat up as I'm too precious put my hands under the freezing cold water to wash my mitts.

Or when the hot water becomes far too hot and you still have soapy hands.

Or when the hot water becomes far too hot and you still have soapy hands.

Yes, this too!

Or you run out of liquid soap and you open up the bottle/dispenser and put just a tiny drop of water in it to get the last bit of soap stuck at the bottom but it comes out too watery!

Girls attacking another girls appearance. If you're going to start that ****, you'd expect that girl to be an absolute model right? I bet if sue Ryder sold people, this is the girl you'd find left at the back. She's like the heel of a loaf. Everyone touches it but nobody wants it, exactly like her. If I had willies growing in a field I wouldn't let this one look over the ditch at them. And yet - there she is, criticising, judging, being sly and nasty. Who CARES what other people look like? Concentrate on yourself like a good chungwan

• Advertisement

The one hundred and one times at a wedding that you have to stand up and raise your glasses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Girls attacking another girls appearance. If you're going to start that ****, you'd expect that girl to be an absolute model right? I bet if sue Ryder sold people, this is the girl you'd find left at the back. She's like the heel of a loaf. Everyone touches it but nobody wants it, exactly like her. If I had willies growing in a field I wouldn't let this one look over the ditch at them. And yet - there she is, criticising, judging, being sly and nasty. Who CARES what other people look like? Concentrate on yourself like a good chungwan

I can't stop laughing at that. :D:D:D

More than trivial but Parents who can't learn new ways...ie accept boundaries of adult children, it's hard :(

ratmouse wrote: »
    The one hundred and one times at a wedding that you have to stand up and raise your glasses!

Are you at said wedding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I'm TA that its almost 1.30 on a Friday night/Saturday morning when there are people out clubbing and enjoying all manners of fun and I'm sitting here having a slice of toast with strawberry jam.
    Jesus, where did things go wrong? :(:D

lolo62 wrote: »
    Are you at said wedding?

No but was at one recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,306 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Plastic furniture. Especially in a Smoking Area or Beer Garden.

What are the chances that someone (often me!) will bump or kick the table

and send drinks and ashtrays crashing.

Avoid!!!

Having some sort of vomitting thing AGAIN, up all night, miserable. I want my dad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Having some sort of vomitting thing AGAIN, up all night, miserable. I want my dad :(

I am just over the same one....its catching.

Ugh I'm on my way to work looking I've just emerged from a week long bender in a crack den. Not even in form for putting on makeup. That's when you know ****s serious. It's only a 24 hour thing, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I accidentally came to work an hour early.

• Advertisement

People that won't get dressed TA me. At the weekend when I'm not up and out early, sure I won't get dressed so early. But not to get dressed at all, like not even a pair of trackie bottoms and a hoodie, ugh , I dunno! If someone calls to the door early on the weekend , and I'm still in my dressing gown, I won't go to the door , I'd be morto. Unless of course it was my immediate family. I have a friend who lives in PJ's if she isn't leaving the house. You could call round after lunch, and they are all in PJs, her husband usually bare chested in a pair of PJ bottoms. Jesus Christ, make an effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

People that won't get dressed TA me. At the weekend when I'm not up and out early, sure I won't get dressed so early. But not to get dressed at all, like not even a pair of trackie bottoms and a hoodie, ugh , I dunno! If someone calls to the door early on the weekend , and I'm still in my dressing gown, I won't go to the door , I'd be morto. Unless of course it was my immediate family. I have a friend who lives in PJ's if she isn't leaving the house. You could call round after lunch, and they are all in PJs, her husband usually bare chested in a pair of PJ bottoms. Jesus Christ, make an effort!

I'd usually throw on an aul hoodie and tracksuit bottoms... but if someone's comin round, or if I go to the shop, it's shower and clothes time!

I never get dressed when I am on my lazy days. Get up shower clean pjs, couch. I come home from work, straight into my pjs. Pjs are the best clothes ever. I love pjs. Obviously now if people are going outside or expecting people over, get dressed but otherwise what harm!

I never get dressed when I am on my lazy days. Get up shower clean pjs, couch. I come home from work, straight into my pjs. Pjs are the best clothes ever. I love pjs. Obviously now if people are going outside or expecting people over, get dressed but otherwise what harm!

Tis just one of those things I'm weird about! I hated being in hospital after having the kids, being in PJs and dressing gown, especially with the in laws visiting me. I cringe if the eldest two aren't dressed when someone calls. I haven't opened the door to the postman to take a parcel if I'm not dressed. Ha, writing this makes me sound such a freak ! I think it's ingrained in me, I blame my Dad. When I was at home still as a teenager, at the weekends, or if I wasn't working I still had to be up. He wouldn't tolerate lolling around at all.

Well Id agree with you about answering the door and being in hospital. Any time I'm in hospital I always get dressed during the day if I can at all, because the absolute shame of a rake of strangers looking at you in your jammies. I straighten my hair and do my make up too like a weirdo

When I lived in a house share, I was the only girl with 5 lads and I never ever wore anything but Jammies which became a joke in the house. One of them used to joke about how he never saw me in the same pair twice (I had so many).

They're just so comforting! They're like wearing a hug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Apparently, since 2008 the goverment has spent almost 14 million euro protecting the habitat of the hen harrier bird. FFS, what a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ChaosSymbol

I really detest people who can't deal with a situation head on, instead of pussy footing around it with passive aggressive sh!t. Euggghh, it grinds my gears no end. I'm not a big fan of most people in general, but that one thing makes me dislike them a lot more. I'm a straight talker, so someone taking 15 minutes to get to the point is extremely infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Hit my head last night and now have a killer headache. I'm annoyed at myself for walking into the bloody wall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

People born in fields. Is it that incredibly difficult to close a door behind you so that the heat can be KEPT IN!!!!!

Next gob****e that walks through that door and doesn't close it behind them is getting a stapler thrown to the head :mad:

KatW4 wrote: »
    Hit my head last night and now have a killer headache. I'm annoyed at myself for walking into the bloody wall!

OUCH!!
    be careful with it, If that headache gets much worse, contact your GP.
    Im still suffering from concussion headaches from a fall before Christmas.

:(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement